[Serious] Staff AUA

Night

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or, crazy thought, follow the (small list of) rules of the section, which includes allowing a [serious] tag. Thinking a rule is stupid is not a reason to break it.

Question. What is all of the mods favorite series of video games?

I've always been a fan of the Harvest Moon series personally, which if you've ever played one of them, you're dope. 

What is all of the mod's favorite book/novel?

the hungry caterpillar

showcase is full of sexy people. do you agree? 

obv

The Mod Forum is actually just a thread in Literature. You people just never go there.

Legitimately the best response ever.

I've always been a fan of the Harvest Moon series personally, which if you've ever played one of them, you're dope. 

Ohoh can you recommend one? I've played the N64 one and "Friends of Mineral Town" a bit :'O

Which is your favorite? :'o

Ohoh can you recommend one? I've played the N64 one and "Friends of Mineral Town" a bit :'O

Which is your favorite? :'o

Grew up playing the N64 one so I'll always have soft spot for it. My personal favorite is Magical Melody for the gamecube (there's a wii port as well), though I wouldn't suggest it if you're still new to the series because it has a really slow start.

Tree of Tranquility for the wii is the one I always suggest to friends and of those three friends I've given my copy to all of them have thoroughly enjoyed it. It's the one that's the easiest to pick up and get into.

Grew up playing the N64 one so I'll always have soft spot for it. My personal favorite is Magical Melody for the gamecube (there's a wii port as well), though I wouldn't suggest it if you're still new to the series because it has a really slow start.

Tree of Tranquility for the wii is the one I always suggest to friends and of those three friends I've given my copy to all of them have thoroughly enjoyed it. It's the one that's the easiest to pick up and get into.

Awesome, I'll have to check it out when I get the chance, thanks Night!

I've heard good things about Magical Melody before, so I'll probably end up checking it out in the future too.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you think of the current state of YCM, the site, as a whole? Do you think it's improving, getting worse, staying the same?

What do you think of the mods, either individually or as a whole?

I think it's improving in terms of civility, but I also fear it might gradually be entering a decline in activity or significance. This is expected as time goes on for the majority of people as they get older and more pressing RL issues surface, or their interest in forums/Yu-Gi-Oh decreases.

The mods as a whole seem a bit disjointed and distant from each other. This may be a side effect of the above, as nothing really requires the entire staff's attention or discussion. Individual mods seem fairly solid, and I haven't really felt there were any issues with how they take care of things. If I did, I would probably mention it to them.

What do you think of the current state of YCM, the site, as a whole? Do you think it's improving, getting worse, staying the same?

What do you think of the mods, either individually or as a whole?

For question 1, I agree with evilfusion.

As for the mods, I have respect especially for evilfusion and Night for their ability as mods. Mugen and Phos are pretty cool people, although the latter I don't know well enough to say much else despite being the other RP mod. Sakura's pretty nice, Striker's doing his best for his section. As for the rest, I don't know well enough to say anything. We are pretty distant as evilfusion says, we're basically just members, except occasionally we get together to discuss the fate of the world.

I agree with evilfusion on point 1; things are getting better for the most part, though the converse is true in other cases.

As for #2 (opinion on other mods), so far I've no problems with any of them.

evilfusion/Night are doing a good job; Saber's doing fine with keeping RC in line (though I think most of the things that need to be handled are dealt with before he shows up), Zextra's not contributing much lately (but he's busy with college/stuff). Yin and Aix are doing fine at their jobs so far. Can't really say the rest.

Granted, we are distant from each other for the most part; unless we need to discuss something together.

For certain, Striker, myself, Saber and Zextra collaborate with each other regarding things to do with CC; though it's mostly me, Striker and Saber contributing ideas. That being said, sometimes even we act on our own accord [as shown from Striker running 1v1s and my taking of the reins on Pop Culture + implementing RC-esque principles there to get card quality up]. And yes, the split of AoC was a joint agreement between the three of us. (RC improvements are still being discussed though; we haven't forgotten about it). 

We're still members, just with the added responsibility of making sure YCM doesn't devolve into a chaotic mess.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived