Duel Portal Tournament

Flash Flyer - Sakura

As requested by many of you, there will be a tournament held on DP (Duel Portal).

If you do not know what it is, please see this thread.

Format

This will be run in round-robin style; meaning you all will fight each other once.

Duels will be best of 3; with the standard 8000 LP (winner needs to win 2 duels)

Pairings will be listed on Challonge (see below list)

http://challonge.com/ycmdpt

Winners will be determined based on points; which are calculated by how many wins you've gotten.

Each duel win counts as 1 point; draws and losses will count as 0.

Submission

To enter the tournament, just say you're entering in this thread.

Please fill out the following though:

YCM Name:
DP Name:

Deadline

Registration ends December 22nd @ 12:00 am HST

Tournament begins December 23rd @ 12 am HST

Decks

You must PM me & Nai with a decklist of the cards you'll be using; along with their effects and so on for customs.

Either you provide the card info inside or just link to the sets you're using. 

(For convenience, probably best if you have a thread with most/all of the cards available; will save you a lot of retyping and such)

As DP has real cards, don't need to give their effects if they're in list; we more or less know what they are.

Participants

• Self-Destruct Button
  • ToaCody
  • Voltex
  • UnendingEmpire
  • - Noel -
  • HaveALovelyDay
  • Ultra Athlete Kano Duston
  • themonkeyspower
  • Avaren
  • TheTrickyTrickster
  • The Seventh Samurai
  • krakonfour

Rules

1. If any disagreements arise, it is the responsibility of you and the opponent to settle them civilly. Either use the in-game chat or PM one another.

2. Please arrange a time for both you/opponent to have a match; if you don't show up, it'll be treated as a forfeiture.

To make things quicker, just fight whoever is online at the time. (Remember that this is an RR tournament; sooner or later, you fight everyone so might as well get them out of the way)

3. After matches finish, one of you needs to submit the results here. It doesn't matter who does it; just make sure your results are recorded so it can be properly marked.

4. Don't cheat (i.e. draw more cards than you're allowed to, multiple draw, change the effect of your cards, etc)

If you're caught doing this, you face possible exclusion from future tournaments of this sort.

When you submit your deck list, make sure that the effects are what you'll be using. In other words, that's how they will be for the duration of this tournament.

5. Any card in the DP database, whether it's private/public or has a picture/not, is fair game. As noted in the format, you need to PM us what the customs are (or link to them)

Entry Fee

None, if you're interested, just sign up here.

-----------

Prizes will be determined once you all sign up.

Will most likely be an award graphic (like what Leaderboard, SCS and some other contests do) and reps.

-----------

If you have any questions, please PM either myself or Nai; or leave them in here.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will send the deck I'm using, it will be up in a Multiples-Topic these days, the decklist will be sent separately to you.

Anyways, I have a question: Is it considered Cheating to watch other participants duels? I mean, technically, you should not know what they play before you see it, or am I mistaken there?

YCM Name: ToaCody

DP Name: ToaCody

Already sent in my go-to deck, but I still need pointers on making better decks built around my cards.

I too shall participate

YCM Name: Have a Lovely Day

DP Name: Beginning446

I too shall participate

YCM Name: Have a Lovely Day

DP Name: Beginning446

YCM Name: UnendingEmpire
DP Name: UnendingEmpire

A PM detailing my deck and the custom cards in it is on the way.

I will join as well

YCM Name: Voltex - Injustice
DP Name: Voltex

Still deciding which deck to submit. I would like to make more tests first.

All of you added.

I will send the deck I'm using, it will be up in a Multiples-Topic these days, the decklist will be sent separately to you.

Anyways, I have a question: Is it considered Cheating to watch other participants duels? I mean, technically, you should not know what they play before you see it, or am I mistaken there?

Technically speaking, you already have access to whatever cards your opponents may be using; just that you do not know the quantity of said cards being used and/or any support coupled with it.

But out of fairness, you probably shouldn't watch your opponents' matches. 

YCM: Ultra Athlete Kano Duston

DP: kanokarob

Typing up potential decklist now

YCM Name: themonkeyspower

DP Name: themonkeyspower

i am still deciding which deck i wanna use and do the cards have to be public or can they be from our personal pool too.

Both accepted.

As noted earlier, whatever is on DP is fair game, regardless if it's your cards or not.

If this one is successful, we're planning to hold more in the future.

Also, Sakura, if people has sent their cards/decklist, link me to them too.

I'll forward you the PMs; that's what I planned on doing.

Archived