Super Showdown Society (closed)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Z-Psychic Volc is sick as hell, especially for your squad. Lets you pop annoying mons like Toxapex and Mega Venu while also dealing heavy damage to neutral stuff like Zygarde and Diancie (even killing them with prior damage). Would definitely use it.

Yeah that was the idea. I can set up on the switch out and the Z-Psychic funk them on the switch in.

Let me just drop by real quick to say the following:
I apologize to everyone I owed a match in recent times, should be obvious by now that I'm often on a tight schedule, that coupled with timezones doesn't mix well. I've made the decision to put YCM down for a while, as I basically already had for the past month. Good look to all of you in future tournaments, and whatever else you may want to accomplish. 

Self-Destruct Button out

(posting this here because it's literally the only topic I've even used for quite a while)

I shall miss having the one who was my eternal rival

But the show must go on. And so...here it is, the bracket for the Monotype tournament!

Note: Reptilious is atm Monotaro, Skaia is Alaina, and Tinkerer is Mr Melon

https://challonge.com/cigwqtll

@ Vs @@Mr. Melon

The match of the Mr!

@@Alaina Vs @@Yui

Weirdly fitting!

@@Darj Vs @

I think this is both of your first SSS tournament?

@@God Emperor Cow Vs @@Azure Wolf

And now it's the Captain vs the silent threat of the tournament.

And, Azure, since I know your type remember mine is Fairy.

Cause I want the first round people to not know what they'll be up against. The first "test" is to be able to make a team that can handle surprises. But obviously that can't happen for my match.

Remember it's double elimination so a loss isn't "you're out".

Nice nice getting that first battle in, good job.

When the Rock type does so much to the Grass team. O.o

Ouch that Hydro Miss...also that was a lot of recovery on that Ludicolo

But then Fire Blast Miss, lol

Close one overall. Some rather unusual move choices I'm seeing. It's certainly interesting...

DOUBLE TOXAPEX LEAD

tbh the sad thing is how Skaia just happened not to have much against Water.

https://challonge.com/cigwqtll

@@Yui Vs @

Water vs Fighting, interesting...

@@Alaina Vs @@Mr. Melon

And over here it's Poison vs Grass...I predict many Poison types on both sides.

@@Azure Wolf Have my team ready. Will be away for a few hours but let me know when you'd be able to battle.

I am heading to bed now, so depending on when I get up I should be able to battle before I leave for work, otherwise it'll be anytime after 6pm GMT.

I may have thought I responded to this for you to let me know when you were around and I just now realized I hadn't as I was about to do dishes.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-716197811

My god that game was close. I wonder how different it would have been had we not known each other's types. (Well I know a couple differences I would've made...though not all that many overall.)

@@Darj and @ are the last of the first round to have to battle.

Yes we are. If I spot Monotaro online I will ask for battle.

Also something that have me a bit confused: are we allowed to make changes to our teams for different matches? I'm not sure, some some comments I read above imply it's allowed.

Yes we are. If I spot Monotaro online I will ask for battle.

Also something that have me a bit confused: are we allowed to make changes to our teams for different matches? I'm not sure, some some comments I read above imply it's allowed.

Yes it's allowed. In fact that's the preference. Since we can see how people adapt :D

Holy cow Salazzle.

Few things that probably should've had on the team just in the case of Salazzle tbh. Most of the team was pretty good but maybe...hmm..Cradily? Or a Scarf Mon

Tru.  But uh, in my defense, I hadn't seen your post about being able to edit teams until 20 minutes before the match so in my scramble to swap stuff around I forgot Salazzle existed. XD

Once I saw it in the preview, I kinda knew I was sunk.  Or... seared?  Charbroiled definitely.

Tru.  But uh, in my defense, I hadn't seen your post about being able to edit teams until 20 minutes before the match so in my scramble to swap stuff around I forgot Salazzle existed. XD

Once I saw it in the preview, I kinda knew I was sunk.  Or... seared?  Charbroiled definitely.

Ouch, sorry about that :(

As to the above match...Emergency Exit making Godpod not die to a potential 3/4 hit Bullet Seed was kinda cool....and then you seemed to forget Mach Punch existed and tried to set up. Yui break this habit of setting up on Mons who can sweep you please >.>

WHY NOT PELLIPER? GDI YUI

Also y'all are making me believe tournaments can work again here good job.

Archived