Pokemon, the Forbidden Star [OOC - Started - Not Accepting - PG16] (co-hosted by Lord CowCow)

Durandamon

So here's the dealio my brolios.

Dennis is not gone. He will return for certain, however he's outta the forest for now. He will come back as a recurring character, mostly to stalk Candice to be honest but probably not just that.

As for the Trevenants around Candice, Elchi, and Issac. One of them is close to being down, however the other is doing well despite being paralyzed.

This is because this is big daddy tree, he is level 20. So he'll be a tough one to take down, but you got this probably maybe, good luck~

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, I'm not either of those two, but this is what I've noticed from most RPs in general with such a rating or higher: If it doesn't start off fitting of the rating, it's gonna become fitting in due time. This might be the case here, Cosmo.

Oh ok, thanks :), it's just that this is my first rp and i haven't seen any other around here

Now i have a question, why is this rp PG 16? To me it doesn't seem that violent and i don't think that anything in the pokèmon world would give this such a high PG, i would very much like an explanation from Sands/Durendal.

It's not that it's gonna be necessarily violent or anything, but by rating it PG16, the players are given a bit more freedom with their actions. Also, somebody might get mauled by a Mightyena or something idk.

Keep in mind we already have one character who was violently attacked by a Tauros in their Bio. So yeah just the freedom to do what you want thing.

I may or may not be planning to have a murderous NPC.

Maybe.

Who knows.

We'll see.

No comment.

It's not that it's gonna be necessarily violent or anything, but by rating it PG16, the players are given a bit more freedom with their actions. Also, somebody might get mauled by a Mightyena or something idk.

Oh, ok thanks for the info, now i get it :) the murderous npc would be very interesting but i think no one wants their character to be brutally murdered

Oh, ok thanks for the info, now i get it :) the murderous npc would be very interesting but i think no one wants their character to be brutally murdered

Don't worry no one's allowed to kill/hurt characters unless the RPer allows it. ^^

Eh, would make for an interesting fistfight for my character.

Neos: ...you just love putting me in horrible situations, don't you?

Fistfights in Pokemon, sounds fun. We'll see what comes of it down the line. XD

Okay people roll call.

Who still is even interested in this? Cause it's been dead for a few days.

Group Sands, me, Cosmo. Sands probably would be best you post next so you can move us out of the forest and you can describe what the next area is like.

Group Toyo, Nai, Muddy, even if it means brushing over the Trevenent I'd like you people to move ahead.

If none of you post soon I shall post as the Trevenant and try and get the ball rolling

Group Sethera, and Keto. You're doing decent, Sethera could make a post next just fine.

Not-in-a-group group. Azure, Tayla, BS. Tayla recently posted, but Azure and BS could do with a new post. You don't need to be in a group if you don't want but you guys also have more freedom to move ahead on your own, or try and interact with people.

Keep in mind if you are waiting for someone to post for either 1) them to respond to you, or 2) because you're waiting for more posts in general

1) PM them and try to get in contact with them in some way.

2) It's possible multiple people are waiting as well, just go ahead and post if there's no one you need to wait on, come up with something to do. If you don't know what, ask some people for help.

Let's not have this fade to nothing people, lezgo! :D

Feeling a little discouraged to write a battle against a Trevenant with a Swinub that doesn't have any Ice-Type moves. I have no idea how it could happen. I wouldn't mind you skipping over it, since I don't know what could happen.

I'm sure you could work something up, since you just need to at most damage it somewhat, you have a teammate that can finish it off, plus it's already wounded.

But if your group is fine skipping it then I'm sure we can just go ahead and do that.

Just remember not to think about this like the games TOO much.

Okay so here’s the deal.
Big boss level 20 Trevenent still fighting against Nai and Muddy. Run, fight, whatever. Just make sure whatever you do makes sense. I’m not gonna just skip the challenge right now.
Keep in mind not to think too much about the games/levels and such.

Tayla, the two Trevenent are level 8 (Growth user) and level 3 (Who used Confuse Ray)

Keto, Sethera...not sure how many Trevenent’s are around but it’s a decent amount. Will give more info once I figure out all of what you do.

Azure, BS, there’s a level 13 Trevenent after your asses now.

And Cosmo, Sands...obviously since we’re leaving the forest in the morning we likely won’t have any issues for now.
As for Cosmo, sorry we haven’t moved ahead, Sands is super busy. I’ll see if I can work on something about us on the road so you have something to go off of.

The levels are mainly to show what moves they all have.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trevenant_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#Learnset

Alright, let's talk about game logic here.

Aron at least have taken out three or four ninjasks/shedinjas in his earlier rampage, and maybe a trevenant. That could put him at level 12 if he starts at level 5, reasonably. Unless we go with B/W experience system, which means his level'll be bigger, but let's not talk about it.

Done a few calcs, and a level 12 Aron with a good enough ATK IV (perfect is not necessary) and no ATK EV facing a level 20 Trevenant, assuming both has neutral nature to ATK or DEF, that Aron would be able to deal iirc around 18-24 damage to the Trevenant. which is almost a guaranteed 2HKO since a wild trevenant would at most have 40 HP at level 20.

If Aron's level 10 (which is likely enough too), he'll miss the 2HKO, but deals 16-18 damage, which is nice enough I guess. That might mean Aron would need to hit it one more time with his last Head Smash.

Buuuuuuut, point is, I think after that lick, Aron's Head Smash, and the incoming STAB Dig from Swinub, it'll be in the red at the very least.

So yeah, conclusion.

STAB head smash fucking hurts, and Jamesmuddy, enjoy your Trevenant.

Due to poor match up between Nobu and the Trevenant and Gatack not having any moves which work on ghosts would Gatack be able to learn X-scissor or just be like Blue in the manga and make him able to hurt ghosts with normal and fighting moves?

Thinking along the lines that an Oshawott wouldn't seem to be able to beat a Trevenant which would most likely be faster than it and would be able to hold off against a air slash from one.

Well, Azure, as I've said before you can try and think it less strict to game for the Oshawatt match-up. As in, dodging, tricky moves, stuff like that.

Or you can make it possible to escape.

And BS, if you don't want to you don't have to. Basically it would be, you left the area, Trevenent arrived after, and Azure comes onto the scene at that time.

Archived