ITT: YCM is a Pokémon Region

Agro

Yeah idk why people were nominating themselves. Though you never said not to. I saw my name and just decided to say what I'd prefer.

Night as Champion seems obvious so sure. I like your idea for E4, let's go with that. It'd be simple to get it out of the way as well.

Professor Sakura makes too much sense not to use.

Knowledge of Pokemon aside I still think ihop makes sense for...at least something, given how active he is now and his post count, but I get that.

Only issue is those who don't do Pokemon have no idea what to do about teams/type/etc. I suppose we'd have to just come up with something for those who give the okay.

I mean we can just use the mod forum as the E4 place, even if mods aren't all of the E4.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't need to be said, but, he shows up just rare enough, and is of course the creator, so I guess, YCMaker is obviously one of the Gamefreak employees.

That definitely works, though whether or not he could pick his team or even battle for that matter is a whole other thing.

Whoever likes/identifies as a shota are Youngsters. 

I am bad at this.

Individual trainers can identify with whatever trainer type they want. We don't need to decide that, it'll just be personal preference.

Yeah idk why people were nominating themselves. Though you never said not to. I saw my name and just decided to say what I'd prefer.

I'll put something in the OP.

Night as Champion seems obvious so sure. I like your idea for E4, let's go with that. It'd be simple to get it out of the way as well.

I just feel like there has to be another one or two significant milestones that can place a member in that group without question.

Professor Sakura makes too much sense not to use.

So that's 2.5 supporters for this decision, I guess.

Knowledge of Pokemon aside I still think ihop makes sense for...at least something, given how active he is now and his post count, but I get that.

He's that active? Where is he on the post count comparative to other members?

Only issue is those who don't do Pokemon have no idea what to do about teams/type/etc. I suppose we'd have to just come up with something for those who give the okay.

Virtually everyone on this site "does" pokemon to an enough degree to choose a type and team if chosen. I don't think that's a problem at all.

I mean we can just use the mod forum as the E4 place, even if mods aren't all of the E4.

Problem being that only Mods can actually go to the mod forum.

Yeah, you're right, knowing Pokemon shouldn't have any bearing on what someone is to be, but looking at what could be done for locations, the Pokemon Fan Club probably needs to be related. Any new thread in video games, SSS (S.S. Showdown *shot*), etc

No nominating yourselves huh? Damn. Well then, the best I can hope for is an NPC at this point, but I can't have a say on that either.

Professor Sakura seems like a decent shout, definitely for reasons stated above (like main greeter in in Introductions for example)

I think your idea for the Elite Four (Night being champion, top poster, top rep, voted mod, voted member) is a decent idea that I can live by, and a pretty good way of going about it.

I think for the role of IV calculator, that can go to a CC Judge imo

Yeah, you're right, knowing Pokemon shouldn't have any bearing on what someone is to be, but looking at what could be done for locations, the Pokemon Fan Club probably needs to be related. Any new thread in video games, SSS (S.S. Showdown *shot*), etc

That actually sounds like a good idea.

Somehow I missed the dungeon location for Wandering Trainer.

Can people refuse or decline being put into a position if voted otherwise?

They can decline being given a position, not any particular position.

The dungeon for that trainer is the dreaded Literature subsection.

It's a desolate, barren wasteland.  Some people aren't even aware of its existence.

Well while I think it's fair to make Literature a cave of some sort, the wandering trainer would still need to go there, so perhaps we should figure out who that person is first off.

Oh. Clubs/Organizations can be Victory Road because it led many people to "greatness" (high post count)

Of course Victory Road is supposed to be difficult...hmm.

idk I don't think I just say things and see if they stick.

I feel like Victory Road/Elite 4 needs to be where whomever gets voted into E4/Champ all go to.

No nominating yourselves huh? Damn. Well then, the best I can hope for is an NPC at this point, but I can't have a say on that either.

All users are playable characters/trainers/people of significant importance.

Professor Sakura seems like a decent shout, definitely for reasons stated above (like main greeter in in Introductions for example)

If this gets like 2 more supports, I'll add it to the OP.

I think your idea for the Elite Four (Night being champion, top poster, top rep, voted mod, voted member) is a decent idea that I can live by, and a pretty good way of going about it.

If this gets 3 more supporters, I'll add it. Though I can't help thinking that one more spot should be reserved for a non-voting recognition. One that doesn't change so easily, preferably.

I think for the role of IV calculator, that can go to a CC Judge imo

IV Calculator isn't a role. IV Calculator is an NPC. For those, we merely need to decide on locations for them to be at.

Although I've kinda turned down some of Fusion's ideas for some things that make more sense in the sense of not everyone does certain things that are suppose to be important here, the Sakura thing is one I'll continue to agree with, just in case I wasn't counted.

IV Calculator isn't a role. IV Calculator is an NPC. For those, we merely need to decide on locations for them to be at.

I guess Card Contests could be a location for the IV Calculator, unless other people have any better ideas. 

All users are playable characters/trainers/people of significant importance.

I see. Didn't fancy being an NPC anyway lol.

Trainer/Playable character hype then.

Order in which we should figure things out:

1. Professor / Location

2. Champion

3. Elite 4 / Location

4. Wandering Trainer / Location

4. Gym Leaders 8-1 / Locations

5. Contest Champion / Location of Contest Hall & Home

6. We'll get to the rest after this.

I guess Card Contests could be a location for the IV Calculator, unless other people have any better ideas. 

Settings>Change Display Name=Name Rater (I'd have suggested that thread if it was still around though, but I don't see it) otherwise there doesn't seem to be anything fitting enough.

I feel like we should hold off on those characters until we have the main member characters down.

2 of the Elite Four should be Dae (Water-type) and Rai (Dog pokemon.)

Do we need to list the Pokemon they have? Cause I have a good idea what Rai's team might be.

If a player gets put into a spot, they get to choose what pokemon they get and what type they get from what hasn't been taken by higher positioned members.

I would like to be a Dragon elite 4 or gym leader :o

I could be a Gym leader, but I can't decide what type I'd be.

WHAT DID I FUCKING SAY

tumblr_inline_nlowr0VPoO1rhrc3g.gif

Order in which we should figure things out:

1. Professor / Location

2. Champion

3. Elite 4 / Location

4. Wandering Trainer / Location

4. Gym Leaders 8-1 / Locations

5. Contest Champion / Location of Contest Hall & Home

6. We'll get to the rest after this.

Once a couple more people agree on the Professor Sakura thing (Introductions being an ideal location for the Professor), then'll we'll be well on our way to Step 2.

I feel like we should hold off on those characters until we have the main member characters down.

Fair.

It seems conclusive that Sakura will end up as the Professor and Night will end up as Champion.

On another note, I think that the position of Wandering Trainer should first be offered to members who are not very active in comparison to the rest of the site, but used to be ridiculously active. Personally, I'd think either LZ or DL could fit that role perfectly.

If we ended up with what I had previously suggested for Elite 4 (which needs like 2-3 more supporters before implementation), DL getting the spot would also put Black in line for an Elite 4 position.

Actually, that leads me to another thought: What about the two remaining super mods in LZ and evilfusion?

It seems conclusive that Sakura will end up as the Professor and Night will end up as Champion.

On another note, I think that the position of Wandering Trainer should first be offered to members who are not very active in comparison to the rest of the site, but used to be ridiculously active. Personally, I'd think either LZ or DL could fit that role perfectly.

Weren't you a member who was ridiculously active and then quit for awhile?

Archived