ITT: YCM is a Pokémon Region

Agro

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rather be E4 than the regional professor TBH.

Yeah, I'm in charge of Intros but lately it's rather dead.

For speciality choice, can't really decide (my two predominant types are Dragon/Psychic, although I do venture into other types)

---

For evilfusion/LZ, the former can likely take my place as professor and as for LZ, I don't know where he'd fit.

---

If Night's going to be Champion, he needs Darkrai at a minimum.

After all, he's been associated with him throughout the GPT, and it does fit him.

I rather be E4 than the regional professor TBH.

Yeah, I'm in charge of Intros but lately it's rather dead.

True. But like I said, you either get what you're offered or you decline having any position. I'm not sure if anyone's going to be okay with being the regional professor.

---

For evilfusion/LZ, the former can likely take my place as professor and as for LZ, I don't know where he'd fit.

My original idea was evilfusion as Professor and LZ as Wandering Trainer.

---

If Night's going to be Champion, he needs Darkrai at a minimum.

After all, he's been associated with him throughout the GPT, and it does fit him.

Night gets to choose his team if he gets put in.

I still don't like the idea that the "main game" has to be centered around the card sections, no matter the "focus" of this site.
I'm not super behind on the idea either to be honest, but it seemed an easy fit at the time since there were 8 sections. We can sweat that later.

Honestly, for routes, I think we should just leave that as the main page/outside any threads.

Sure. I think Misc warrants being someplace though, just got to pick what.

For me, it seems Night should just be the Champion by default. Then the other 4 could be: Top Poster, Top Reps, a Mod who is voted in, a regular member who is voted in.

I actually really like this idea of E4 each having different accomplishments. Since Night's basically our Admin and is also waiting for someone to take his post, I think he's fit for Champion.

So I'd say:

Armz-He has his own level for Reps, nuff said.

Black-He's won 2 YMBs and is one of the few authorities on YGO left here.

I might leave that for now for more names to be thrown out there, but I'd say those 3 should be shoe-ins.

The Syndicate higher-ups should be the members that were previously banned and came back. Rodrigo, J-Man, Welche, Dog King, whoever else I'm forgetting.

LOL

Also, Ragnarok should be the Boss.

Whirlpool. Rock Climb. Also valid options. Could even make up our own if we wanted to.

The only reason I personally wouldn't do too many HMs is because using 8+ in DPPt was annyoing af for me.

Also, I fully support DL being the Wandering Trainer. That's way too funny and fitting.

LZ should be the Red-esque character that DL/Gold fights at the end. I'd vote El Make for that, but no one knows him anymore, so LZ's the next best choice.

I still don't like the idea that the "main game" has to be centered around the card sections, no matter the "focus" of this site.
I'm not super behind on the idea either to be honest, but it seemed an easy fit at the time since there were 8 sections. We can sweat that later.

Like I said earlier in the thread, figure out who the candidates are for leaders, see where they go, take the top 8 candidates that don't share an association with another candidate higher up on the list and have those 8 associated sections be the gym locations.

Honestly, for routes, I think we should just leave that as the main page/outside any threads.

Sure. I think Misc warrants being someplace though, just got to pick what.

Black City/White Forest could be a precedent to consider, methinks.

For me, it seems Night should just be the Champion by default. Then the other 4 could be: Top Poster, Top Reps, a Mod who is voted in, a regular member who is voted in.

I actually really like this idea of E4 each having different accomplishments. Since Night's basically our Admin and is also waiting for someone to take his post, I think he's fit for Champion.

So I'd say:

Armz-He has his own level for Reps, nuff said.

Black-He's won 2 YMBs and is one of the few authorities on YGO left here.

I might leave that for now for more names to be thrown out there, but I'd say those 3 should be shoe-ins.

I'd want Black in anyway for postxrep count, but I don't put much stock in the legitimacy of the YMB's.

The Syndicate higher-ups should be the members that were previously banned and came back. Rodrigo, J-Man, Welche, Dog King, whoever else I'm forgetting.

LOL

Also, Ragnarok should be the Boss.

I don't think we should do currently banned members. They need to pick their teams anyway.

Whirlpool. Rock Climb. Also valid options. Could even make up our own if we wanted to.

The only reason I personally wouldn't do too many HMs is because using 8+ in DPPt was annyoing af for me.

8 is definitely the maximum. But since we're not even playing this as a game, I figured it'd just be fun to think about without consequence.

Also, I fully support DL being the Wandering Trainer. That's way too funny and fitting.

LZ should be the Red-esque character that DL/Gold fights at the end. I'd vote El Make for that, but no one knows him anymore, so LZ's the next best choice.

Wandering Trainer = Red

As I said previously, everyone without a position is technically the player character. (or, alternatively, the player character doesn't exist.)

i wanna be a thing pls

As for Elite Four Members, two spots left and I think one of them should go to Andx cause a doggie Elite Four member who was notable RP'er before he vanished and mysteriously returned could be fun. We could make something out of that. :'o

i wanna be a thing pls

As for Elite Four Members, two spots left and I think one of them should go to Andx cause a doggie Elite Four member who was notable RP'er before he vanished and mysteriously returned could be fun. We could make something out of that. :'o

I don't think that merits a spot in the elite 4. However much birdiebutt likes her doggie~

Generally speaking, those last 4 spots should be, I guess, considered for the 4 most historically distinguished/notable members of the site that are still currently active. It's possible doggie could be a gym leader though. We're gonna have to vote on that sort of stuff at some point. Speaking of which...

I thought I might as well start putting together qualities we should be looking for when we inevitably vote for gym leaders/syndicate members.

Gym Leaders:

- Experience & Knowledge on the Forum & its History

- Seniority

- Leadership qualities

- Respect (I mean, in some regard, it's not like anyone on this site actually has much respect left if they've been here a while)

- Helpfulness

- Active Interest in the quality of the community.

Syndicate Members:

- The first 3 things I wrote for the Gym Leaders

- Occasional disregard to rules/mod team

- Infamy

- Not nearly as much interest in the quality of the community unless it's THEIR community

- Must be named Dog King, Welche, etc.

Fair enough to all of what you said, Agro. Though I still think DL would be a good Wandering Trainer candidate.

For the two remaining E4 positions, I think it'd be good to put people in based on site contribution.

Aix is a good candidate I think because from what I remember, he made Misc, kickstarted that whole economy plan, constantly reached out to members within the past year, and some other 4th thing.

Darkplant or Crab Helmet would have worked well too, but they're too long-gone.

Agreed with that criteria listed.
I think Caeda and Andx would be good gym leaders :o

Fair enough to all of what you said, Agro. Though I still think DL would be a good Wandering Trainer candidate.

For the two remaining E4 positions, I think it'd be good to put people in based on site contribution.

Aix is a good candidate I think because from what I remember, he made Misc, kickstarted that whole economy plan, constantly reached out to members within the past year, and some other 4th thing.

Darkplant or Crab Helmet would have worked well too, but they're too long-gone.

Agreed with that criteria listed.
I think Caeda and Andx would be good gym leaders :o

I agree DL would be a great Wandering Trainer. It was between him and LZ for me, since both are still technically active (LZ in lesser form, but he's still part of the mod crew, but that kind of adds to the mystique of the position, I feel)

Agreed on site contributions being a big factor, but even more than that, just significance of the user as a whole. I'm a little bit hesitant on Aix since he's technically a newer mod, but what do I know, I was gone for the first long while he was even a mod. Amount of reps gained vs Posts needed to get them is always a good thing to look at. Armz, Black, Darkplant, and Crab Helmet all rank really high in that regard alongside a very high post count.

Actually, can I be a frontier brain or something similar? I'd like to imagine I'm the most experienced competitive mons player on here.

Possibly. Like I said a few pages ago, though, knowledge of Pokémon should have absolutely nothing to do with assignment of positions since this is equating the function of a whole forum to the structure of a pokemon world. Minus the mods I guess? Idk, Pokémon doesn't ever really seem to have a government most of the time.

Hence the frontier brain thing, as they're meant to be the most competitive.

Yes but competitive in what regard? With the structure of the forum in mind, the most competitive members are not the most competitive AT POKEMON, specifically. Really, it's not even significant unless we're talking about the Pokémon fan club in particular.

Well, ihop is the most competitive minded at anything compared to others.

Can I be rival?

if there's a spot open when we get there and a good argument gets made, he can probably get a spot.

Also rival is a position every non-assigned member can decide for themselves through a mutual agreement with another member

Why can't members be certain NPCs? I mean, if people want them to be that role and they don't mind, why not?

Oh, I'd also like to put in my vote for Sakura as prof., Night as Champion, YCMaker as the game developer guy, and the general idea of the E4 (most reps, most posts, etc.)

Why can't members be certain NPCs? I mean, if people want them to be that role and they don't mind, why not?

They're kind of lame, purposeless and single-functioning characters that no one should really want to be. They function less as characters than they do mechanics, which is why they're listed alongside places you can visit and correlated to functions of the site.

Y'know what, I think I'll create a trainer sprite for myself, just because I can. I mean I don't see myself as anything else in anyone else's eyes, plus it'll be a nice way to pass the time.

KK. You'll be in charge of making sprites for EVERYONE once we're done 8'D

So since we basically have a consensus on this, Sakura is the Professor and Night is the Champion, unless either rejects completely, whereas they're excluded from consideration for any position.

Since everyone really wants it, I guess I'll just take the role of being Professor.

And yeah, CC/Intros can be hometown if you all want it.

As for Night, I can't speak for him, but just make sure he's good. 

----

I also mentioned notes about LZ and evilfusion; I have no idea where the former should go.

Rep-wise, it's basically Armz, Black, you and LZ (and likely Rod).

Points, well you all know most of the staff members hold that part.

Alright, let's try getting E4 done today, and maybe figure out a method on how we'll choose Gym Leaders.

Sakura's our Professor and Night's our Champion.

I mentioned Black and Armz being good fits for the Elite 4, fitting into being historically distinguished and notable members. Same with Aix.

For other people who fit the criteria, I think would be: LZ, Icy, evilfusion, Flame Dragon, Koko, Pikachu, Rai, Thar, Frunk, Umbra, and Catman to name a few.

Archived