ITT: YCM is a Pokémon Region

Agro

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the amount of detail/user-input OP wants...
I'm assuming he picks all the dialogue for the important characters(rival, gyms, etc)

We're not doing that shit... i mean yet. If we want to make a pokemon mod in the future, fuck it, sure.

Oh, didn't see the no nomination thing.

Anyway, looks like the really obvious picks are fairly unanimous. Were Rai and Dae already cemented for E4 or can I vote for them?

The only cemented spots are:

Professor | Sakura (He gets to choose what the 3 starter Pokémon will be, with the only requirement that they work on a rock-paper-scissors system and each have 2 evos)

Champion | Night (he gets to choose if he has a type in particular or if he just wants to choose 6 mons of his liking)

Though these two are basically assumed:

Elite 4 | Armz

Elite 4 | Black

The other 2 spots on the E4 are open. One will be a mod. One will be a regular member. You can PM your votes for each to me. If there's no general consensus pick for either, we'll limit votes to the ones Fusion and I came up with and try again.

The other one in discussion is DL or LZ for wandering trainer, but it seems general consensus is on DL being that guy.

Once all Elite 4 spots are filled, each Elite 4 member can choose their type on a first-come first-serve basis after Night makes his pick. They can also barter or trade types with each other if they so choose.

PMed votes for other E4 members.

As for the starters, they can be from any region (mix-and-match) or all from same like the console games?

(I need to decide where lab will be; probably in Intros or something.)

CC main areas (I don't know). Maybe we can throw some of the locations (Move Tutors or wherever)

Also, I nominate Dae for syndicate leader. Likely fits him well.

PMed votes for other E4 members.

As for the starters, they can be from any region (mix-and-match) or all from same like the console games?

(I need to decide where lab will be; probably in Intros or something.)

CC main areas (I don't know). Maybe we can throw some of the locations (Move Tutors or wherever)

Also, I nominate Dae for syndicate leader. Likely fits him well.

We'll get to syndicate once we get through 2-3 gyms.

You can pick the starters from anywhere you'd like, feel free to mix and match if you want. I think we all basically decided on Intros being the starting town, but the lab could definitely be elsewhere. Maybe in one of the other sections at the top since you currently have the last post in all four of them LOL

Well, I am in charge of half of them (Night has News/C&S; other two are mine), so yeah that'll work.

Intros is fine being the starting town; makes sense since that's where most newbies start (although some of us went elsewhere).

For Lab, probably Q&A (although it is rather isolated lately).

---

Though that actually makes sense somewhat too, lol. Professor always updates you on information for your Pokédex/answers questions basically and makes sure you have the tools to start out on the forum. Basically Q&A lol

Though that actually makes sense somewhat too, lol. Professor always updates you on information for your Pokédex/answers questions basically and makes sure you have the tools to start out on the forum. Basically Q&A lol

And Rowan did a FAQ!

If Armz is a Ghost E4 (and I'm cool with that), he should be better than Shauntal/Phoebe.

As for Black, not sure what Type would best fit him.

Contest champion, IDK who would fit here.

Depending on where we're putting it, either will have to be one of the 1v1 winners or a Showcase regular (if anything, Rai if this happens).

I voted for Dae for E4, but he would make a good syndicate leader as well.  Evilfusion could be either role as well. 

So Agro, gonna make a Rom hack/RPG Maker game of this?  :Kappa:

Oh hell no. Maybe. Idk. Not soon, probably. Maybe. I have a mac.

I could see Dae being the Syndicate Leader too. He'd make a fun boss in that regard.

Him or Rod.

Syndicate is interesting because anyone who gets voted in there will have to consult with each other to decide what 2 types the syndicate will pick mons from.

I'm PMing Night about this, since not sure he'll even look in here.

(We could do this as a large-scale RP)

I'll pass on the RP

If Armz is a Ghost E4 (and I'm cool with that), he should be better than Shauntal/Phoebe.

As for Black, not sure what Type would best fit him.

Contest champion, IDK who would fit here.

Depending on where we're putting it, either will have to be one of the 1v1 winners or a Showcase regular (if anything, Rai if this happens).

Armz and Black will choose their own types. No need to think about what they will be right now.

Contest champion? Dae, Rai, or more likely, madsen.

I'd say the E4 will reflect recent ones where they're all about the same level and can be fought in any order.

Rai should be CC because not only does he make and pride himself on art, but he's a corgi.

People love watching corgis do shit, see any Rai thread in Misc.

tbh, I think of Rai more along the lines of an art critic than a creator, though I know he does a lot of good work

In either case, let's hold off on CC stuff until we've at least figured out the E4.

Sure.

How many votes so far?

Like 4. We need more. Everyone reading this, PM me 1 Mod and 1 Member you think would fit in YCM's Elite 4.

EDIT: Added a job list to the OP so members can see if there is anything they could, or individually, need, to do.

I'm PMing Night about this, since not sure he'll even look in here.

(We could do this as a large-scale RP)

^ Didn't see this until I got the pm, my bad.

No clue why everyone wants me to be the champion but it sounds cool so why the fuck not.  

If Night's going to be Champion, he needs Darkrai at a minimum.

After all, he's been associated with him throughout the GPT, and it does fit him.

From what I recall the e4 kids didn't have legendaries, are we following that or? If we aren't and I can choose whatever the fuck I want, Lugia was always my favorite. If allowed, Shadow Lugia would be dope, and somewhat fitting.

Also, what's a GPT. 

Night gets to choose his team if he gets put in.

In addition to the previous statement, can I literally just pick my favorite pokemon? Like even if they aren't considered "strong" or whatever the fuck. 

^ Didn't see this until I got the pm, my bad.

No clue why everyone wants me to be the champion but it sounds cool so why the fuck not.

I think Fusion said something along the lines of "he's the admin and really just kind of waiting for someone to come along and replace him" or something mildly funny

From what I recall the e4 kids didn't have legendaries, are we following that or? If we aren't and I can choose whatever the fuck I want, Lugia was always my favorite. If allowed, Shadow Lugia would be dope, and somewhat fitting.

Also, what's a GPT. 

In addition to the previous statement, can I literally just pick my favorite pokemon? Like even if they aren't considered "strong" or whatever the fuck.

On one hand, I can see not having legendaries, on the other hand no one cares. We could just put it up for a vote or just go with it.

But yeah, even with that in mind, you're free to choose whatever Pokémon you want. Go right ahead. As the champion, you're not tied to a specific type, although you CAN be if you want to. Just let us know before we let the E4 choose since they're all tied to a type.

Syndicate Leader should be Ser and it should be called Legion instead

Once all the syndicate members are chosen, they can choose their name. Also I have money on you being part of the syndicate anyway

I think Fusion said something along the lines of "he's the admin and really just kind of waiting for someone to come along and replace him" or something mildly funny

Accurate as fuck. 

Do I have to pick moves and all of that tedious shit or just pick 6 pokemon. 

Accurate as fuck. 

Do I have to pick moves and all of that tedious shit or just pick 6 pokemon. 

Don't go that far, doubt anyone cares that much.

Also, for whoever wants to use this for this or at their leisure, found a Trainer Creator.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Trainer-Creator-401165483

[spoiler=Mine]

oDjV4Wq.png[/spoiler]

....I was going to choose Ghost regardless.

Not just cuz' Drif/Golurk, but a lot of Pokemon I like just "conveniently" are Ghost-Type.

Plus, E4 teams were never set in stone, per say, since you just need to have the majority of your team being of your specific Type.

I mean...

R/B's E4 was slightly scatterbrained, but this was easy to understand.

G/S's E4 has Koga with Forretress, Karen has a Vileplume and Gengar, etc.

R/S, sure, if you don't count Steven then everyone has correct Pokemon.

D/P's E4 has Aaron with Drapion, Flint only had 2 Fire-Types in his team of 5, etc.

Plat's E4 "Fixed" Flint's team, but still...

B/W has members with accurate types.

B2/W2 was more of the same.

X/Y was similar to B/W in the sense that we have more then enough Pokemon to make accurate teams, so they just played around with primary/secondary Types, as long as one of them was a Type that matched.

So it's your call, Agro. Pure teams(IE, all Pokemon must have the Type as part of them), or will you let people have a little more freedom?(2-ish Pokemon can be different types)

Archived