Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made all the recommended fixes, and the Main Deck monsters have been updated since you first did the scan, so every Monster Card section is in need of an update.

Hey, not counting Numerix, which ED Summoning method is most represented generically?

Thanks! Just a quick clarification, I scanned every section of the Generics Thread immediately before my previous post. Did you update it since then? (Other than the fixes)

Surprisingly, with Numerix out of the picture, Xyz is the least common generic ED Summon. Synchro is the most represented, with 118 monsters, followed by Fusion with 79, then Xyz (no Numerix) with 53, then Links with 0.

Nope. I might do a fix on Iram the Wrathful Light and Mari the Gentle Darkness, because of the sheer power they express for their ease of Summon (2 Equips on your board, and the other monster isn't on either side of the field, free 3K beater that boosts based on the Graveyard), but beyond that, nope.

Well, I mean, the issue is that Fusion-based Decks won't really have a meaningful toolbox without employing Synchro or Xyz. While some Decks will be able to do so effectively (Spiritrinkets have a built-in engine for R3 and R1), and others have a wide host of meaningful tools even without adding any generic support (Hell Stingers are arguably the kings of this for Fusion, and if they're mixed in with Shaddolls you'll be able to have triple Grysta if that means anything), the Fusion archetypes who aren't stacked as fat might just struggle to accomplish anything.

Disasterman, while a very good option for a gimmicky Deck, or one that can afford to splash the relevant Attributes thanks to having a concise engine, isn't enough. Starving Venom Fusion Dragon and Platune Sergeant Song Dragon only give free reign to DARK and LIGHT, and only Rocks can take advantage of the Antique Fossils. It's really up to how good we want Fusions to be in the AGM.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/365877-agm-collab-project-chaos-synchro/

[Chaos Synchro]

(https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/334071-archetype-game/page-87?p=7026431&do=findComment&comment=7026431)

Yes, it is a theme now. Out of fairness, Hiroshi came up with the idea; I just made the thing an actual prompt. So there you go. 

Just so we're clear, stuff in the Main Deck, blue cards in the generics and everything in the last spoiler should be fine for AGM; the latter being the reason why I asked what other Synchro archetypes existed in here, so I could make something to fit in there. Right now, some of the cards are generics and stuff ripped from Moyufutsusa; well, the last one anyway. 

And no, I didn't forget about the Level 5 FIRE Synchro for my personal project. I have it saved on my PC desktop, which I am not on at this time.

[Also, I'm granting you guys permission to use my personal Wikia for storage in case YCM goes down for whatever reason (link should be on the final post of last page). I guess that memo got missed, along with the query into what Synchro decks exist in here...]

Are there any Chain Material esc cards in the AGM yet? Thinking about making Ignition Beasts into a full fledged archetype like what I did with Majestic Mechs. 

They're EARTH Pyro and Machine monsters with Self Destruction and Burn effects with some cards similar to Volcanics and Gadgets.

The idea would be that the Fusion Monsters destroy themselves when they're Fusion Summoned and other cards on the field for massive burn on Summon, while the Field Spell can bring Ignition Beasts back after being destroyed by a card effect. I'm thinking of Chain Material or whatever kind of Deck enabling for Fusion Materials would work, but I want to know how generic I can make it.

I'd rather make my own version. Honestly, I think the card is cool, but the fact that it never sees play displays that there's a problem with the card.

1 is being a Trap. That part sucks. It has forced decks that run it to also run Bait Doll or the Bubbleman Spell that lets you activate Traps. That kinda sucks.

I can understand why this happened though since with Fusion Gate you could create loops and FTKs. 

Might not make it as generic as I think it'll be, but I'm probably going to start making more generic cards based off of older cards like I did with Great Phantom Thief (of all cards).

Well, here are some of our better Fusion things:

Duplicate Fusion is a Spell that lets you make any two Fusions with different names that can be made with the exact same Materials- ie, if we did have HERO, it could make Flame Wingman and Phoenix Enforcer simultaneously, or you could make Winda and Starving Venom simultaneously if you use two Shaddolls on the field.

Two Traps. Dead serious.

Dynamic Fusion can either be Super Poly or Miracle Fusion, your choice

Agony Fusion is basically an instant Future Fusion if you take 2000 or more damage at once

I'd rather make my own version. Honestly, I think the card is cool, but the fact that it never sees play displays that there's a problem with the card.

1 is being a Trap. That part sucks. It has forced decks that run it to also run Bait Doll or the Bubbleman Spell that lets you activate Traps. That kinda sucks.

I can understand why this happened though since with Fusion Gate you could create loops and FTKs. 

Might not make it as generic as I think it'll be, but I'm probably going to start making more generic cards based off of older cards like I did with Great Phantom Thief (of all cards).

That's fine; you can go retrain some of the really old cards and then add them here. If they don't really function, then I can't blame you because we literally have a bigger working pool than Konami ever will (disregarding the other half of cards that were made during the old days).

====

That being said, after I post the last Synchro (and maybe that Level 9 I made in the Synchro thread) for HRC, will be taking a break from ARC-V design (Archetypal-wise) to go design for the current format. I've said this enough times by now that practice is needed for VRAINS design (despite Draco and maybe some of you having a noted aversion to it), and out of fairness, we're almost the only ones using the Legacy tag. 

I will still contribute generics and stuff, but yeah. 

Also, if Draco didn't notice the last post (assuming he didn't ignore it due to certain cards not existing in AGM), there is a new Archetype prompt thread up that has been linked to. As I already told everyone in this thread, whatever is in blue in the 2nd spoiler and everything in spoilers 1 / 3 fits the description of the prompt while retaining stuff that actually exists here. Most of the blue stuff (bar the RDA card) is mine, as is everything in Main Deck and the obvious "AGM-specific spoiler". 

[Then again, the OP needs to be updated with the new generics / Archetypes that were approved, if they weren't already.]

Alright, so for Octosquid's benefit, we will outline everything that will NOT be added to the AGM with Chaos Synchro:

●Anything listed in red in the thread, as it has specifically been barred

●the Chaos Synchro monsters based on Black-Winged Dragon (useless both ways), Black Rose (Moonlight) Dragon (I don't know everyone's opinions on Moonlight, but I know my IRL group hates it), Dark Strike Fighter (OTK bull), Life Stream Dragon (HAHAHA you're funny), and Power Tool Dragon (base form is neat but I'm pretty sure it references Morphtronics, and manga form is just kinda lame), due to referencing monsters that do not exist in the AGM, and are unlikely to.

●the Chaos Synchro based off of Cosmic Fortress Gol'gar, because my suggestion of Aliens was rejected pretty fast, which means AGM members do not like trips to Mars.

●the Chaos Synchros based off Gust King Alexander and Chevalier de Fleur, due to their base forms being restricted to their archetype in some way.

You can add the one based off Junk Warrior if Junk gets the two votes it needs (remember that it covers two other "archetypes"- Jet and Junk Synchron and Jet and Junk Warrior- and is thus a super-archetype that requires four votes). While not likely, I guess I can shrug at Odd-Eyes Meteoric because Meteorburst is pretty generic all things considered, at least if memory serves.

Offhand, thinking of making Chaos Synchro Gleaming Hope Dragon and CXyz Devastating Despair Dragon, but meh.

If you want to, go ahead.

Thing is mostly a series anyway, so any evolved form of a Synchro of your choice can go in. (That's why I wanted to find out what other Synchro decks we had in here, besides mine because I did make a RI-ON and Electric Field member; both of them are things I made. Think the only AGM-specific ones that aren't mine are Magister [i'm thinking this one was Nyx's] and whoever made Battered Robot.)

But yeah, I'll give a vote to Junk if I didn't already.

• I don't mind Aliens, but thinking they may need more support to actually work properly (then again, I haven't exactly scanned the whole generic pool). Don't think I said anything about it earlier.
  • BRMD isn't really too bad (well, I do own the manga edition of it); at least nowadays. If not that one, we could let the original in since we do have enough Plants to feed it [if the field nuke isn't problematic]
  • Stuff that I didn't color in the thread didn't have the base forms, so they were left blank. BLUE are the ones that are definitely okay, and RED are definitely leave out. (I know I voiced dislike for Spirit Dragon and BE legacy support earlier on, so...) Whatever wasn't colored was not intended to be added (or expected to get in due to lack of base forms)
    • Fleur can still work as a negator, but that's it. Alexander needs no words because it is supposed to be an alternative to Executive, so...

I swore we had Black Rose already. Both forms added, as well as the other two base forms of Red Dragon Archfiend.

Junk is at 3/4, with Draconus, Nyx, and Sakura supporting. This would add all of Yusei's Junk Synchros, plus the Junk Main Deck from the manga, and all of the support specifically for Junk (ie, Jet Synchron/Warrior, and Scrap-Iron Statue).

Most of my stuff was made/is being made to be universal in Arc-V and Link Format intentionally for if we ever have to make that switch

- Matadors can swarm, but they swarm both sides of the field. They only have 2 Xyz boss monsters are only a bit overkill if you use them together.

- Majestic Mechs don't have Extra Deck monsters

- Ritual Pendulum Spell Counters has been being made to fit that format. I wasn't really focusing on Pendulum Summoning in that Deck since the idea was that cards stick on the board.

- Ignition Beast Fusions destroy themselves when they're Summoned, and the Field Special Summons Ignition Beasts destroyed by card effects, meaning that they can be Summoned in any of the Main Monster Zones since they've already been properly Summoned.

Anteater LVs and Roids were also made under that design perspective, but idk if I can make Salamanders that way for the Card Contest. I've been thinking similarly to how Noble Knights tried to fix Equip Spells and making it more Boss monster based.

Right now, AGM won't adopt the Link mechanics so ED spam to however you like it. (In fact, I think Draco said we are NEVER going to VRAINS so...)

Then again, Cheetah Racers and the YCM mod project are the only two [archetypal stuff] on my end that probably can go from either format due to their near-zero reliance on the ED. (Phoenix Guardian doesn't care too much). Rest of them vary, but usually the bosses are designed so you can sit on them for a long period of time if needed.

RIP Pendulums; Konami sheet on them to promote Links and implicitly punish ED spamming Decks. (To be fair, go blame Yuya and I guess Qlis or something for the power creep; other Decks were fine.)

Right now, AGM won't adopt the Link mechanics so ED spam to however you like it. (In fact, I think Draco said we are NEVER going to VRAINS so...)

Then again, Cheetah Racers and the YCM mod project are the only two [archetypal stuff] on my end that probably can go from either format due to their near-zero reliance on the ED. (Phoenix Guardian doesn't care too much). Rest of them vary, but usually the bosses are designed so you can sit on them for a long period of time if needed.

RIP Pendulums; Konami s*** on them to promote Links and implicitly punish ED spamming Decks. (To be fair, go blame Yuya and I guess Qlis or something for the power creep; other Decks were fine.)

Falchioner probably works just fine too.

A chunk of the Decks in here can probably adapt fine in VRAINS due to either lack of ED or ability to ladder / sit on their bosses for a long period of time without needed to summon again. Gotta look at them all (because it's massive), but yeah, VRAINS = RIP Extra Deck users.

I mean, I still dislike Links for forcing themselves on players who want to use the ED due to the new mechanics [and causing the field to be changed], but getting used to them. (If I didn't, then I wouldn't have made that Link game thread + produced content in there.) Then again, every single Link 1 has some form of restriction on what can be used to summon them (no generics, but I guess Spider is as close as you can get with Gofu spam or something), still no generic Link 2s that point down and 3+ vary. 

I mean some decks could probably get a single link monster and be fine. However, Konami has been weird about that, giving them to Decks that don't need them rather than the Decks that do. SPYRALs and Subterrors? Seriously? I also heard that Noble Knights are getting support as well. May be cool, but after playing the Deck at locals for a half year it was pretty stale.

Despite that most of the Decks that spam Synchros or Xyz can already do the same thing for Link monsters. Link Summoning is essentially Xyz and Synchro Summoning without the Level requirements. 

The nerf to Pendulums could also mean a change in playstyle. Pendulum Decks with Link monsters as an archetype is a pretty easy feat to accomplish. Otherwise, we could see the monsters act more as continuous spells that double as monsters, which was what I liked about them in the first place.

Who knows. Maybe after enough Link monsters come out it'll be less of a problem. It may actually improve the viability of Decks that couldn't Xyz or Synchro Summon since their levels were janky and they had to go out of their way using generic Tuners to Synchro Summon. 

Yeah, there are AGM Decks that don't need to have a small army of ED monsters to play well- Wilonka builds don't change, if you want to run the emotion dragons you only ever have one on the field anyway unless you're trying to run just them (and even then there's a reason they work the way they do), Space Cruisers just don't really care, Wysthae never really put more than 1 Synchro on board anyway, GameChildren lose their silly draw engine and that's about it . . . but for each of them, there's a Geargoyle or Dandao crying into its teacup. Then, there's Vigilizards, who just literally cannot fight Link monsters at all because of that idiotic inability to be put on the defensive.

Rant aside, here's a Draft 1 for Chaos Emotion Dragons:

Chaos Synchro Gleaming Hope Dragon

DARK - Level 10 - Dragon/Synchro/Effect - 3300/2500

1 DARK Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner Synchro monsters

When this monster is Synchro Summoned: Destroy this card, gain 3000 LP, and add 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand (you can resolve these three effects in any order). If this monster was Synchro Summoned using "Shining Hope Dragon" as Material, you can draw 1 card. Once per turn, during your turn (Quick Effect): You can Tribute 1 face-up monster either player controls to increase your LP by 1000. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 "CXyz Devastating Despair Dragon" from your GY (you can only activate this effect of this card's name once per turn. This is treated as an Xyz Summon).

CXyz Devastating Despair Dragon

DARK - Rank 6 - Dragon/Xyz/Effect - 3300/2500

3 Level 6 Dragon-Type monsters

You can also Special Summon "CXyz Devastating Despair Dragon" from your GY or Extra Deck by discarding 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" card while you control "Crushing Despair Dragon", using "Crushing Despair Dragon" as Material (Transfer its Materials to this card. This is treated as an Xyz Summon). If this monster is Xyz Summoned, you can target 3 monsters you control or in either player's Graveyard: Attach those targets to this card as Xyz Material. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each monster in both Graveyards. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 "Chaos Synchro Gleaming Hope Dragon" from your GY (you can only activate this effect of this card's name once per turn. This can be treated as a Synchro Summon).

Anything that needs changing?

Nearly all of Draconus's stuff (both AGM and Personal) are now in the spreadsheet folder, so you can peruse them at your leisure. I've also made separate folders for each member's stuff since we have so many archetypes.

I'd like to claim the prompt "Black Luster" from the Archetype game. Although I'll be changing it slightly to make it less lackluster ;)

But before I do, what are some notable Chaos (LIGHT or DARK) archetypes in the AGM?

Since I'm basically planning to make our version of BLS.dek, can we add any BLS cards/support in here? Specifically, can we consider:

The 5 BLS (Original, Super Soldier, Envoy of the Beginning, Envoy of the Evening Twilight, Sacred Soldier)

Super Soldier Synthesis & Super Soldier Ritual (Decent Ritual Spells)

Charging Gaia the Fierce Knight & Arisen Gaia the Fierce Knight (References for Super Soldier and useful for Rituals)

Envoy of the Beginning is probably broken, but I don't know enough of the archetypes that exist here to be sure. We don't really need to add it, but I think the rest are fairly underpowered.

Archived