Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey! Sorry for my inactivity here in particular. We're doing some renovations out of doors and it's taking up a lot of time, so my schedule's a little tight. Still here, still working on Archaevil. Also, I'd like to vouch for Cyber Dragons. Though I've used them and it's possible to crank out some serious damage with them, a little removal goes a long way, so they aren't TOO powerful.

Okay, so I'd like to give a brief reminder of what Konami cards are actually here, so we all remember (when I get to individual stuff, I'll only name the important ones:

Venom (both the snakes and Yuri's dragons)

Destruction Sword

Toons

Aromas

Malefics

CBs

Dragunities

Fabled

Worms

Photons

Cyberdarks

Predaplants

Shadolls

GBs

Noble Knights

Cipher

Shiranui

CyDras

Batterymen

Lavals

The Dragon Rulers

The Jars (Morphing, Fiber, Cyber, Dice), as well as their big daddy, Pot of the Forbidden.

Goyo

Solemns

Books (Eclipse, Moon, Taiyo, Life)

Holes (but not the Traptrix)

All 7 Mirror Forces

DM support

The 3 Legendary Dragons

Hands

hunders

Elements (but only with their original boss, the Doriado Ritual)

Charmer support

Most of the Spell Counter Magicians (we lack Breaker, Abductor, RML, and Arcanite /Assault Mode, to name the important ones)

Ice Counter support

3 of the Planets (Mercury, Mars, and Neptune)

Both Foolish cards

Every Stardust monster, except Sifr and Spark (no Quasar or SSD, tho)

Clear Wing and DRXD

Swing of Memories

A bunch of random Level 1 Normals for Party Lord

A bunch of Normal beatsticks

A bunch of random Cyberse

Joey's dice stuff, except Skull Dice

Rekindling

Scarlight

Miracle Synchro Fusion

Super Poly

The Train core

DAD

Lava Golem

Chemistry Dinos, but none of the Bonding cards or Water Dragons

Basic Zombies

Basic Wyrms

Basic Insects, but ironically not Basic Insect

Macro Cosmos, which is searchable(!) thanks to the Cosmo archetype

Cosmic Blazar Dragon

Sacred Sword of Seven Stars and Trade-In

Blue-Eyes, Kaibaman, and its Fusions, but not its archetypal support

Remember, it takes the same amount of votes to remove a card as it does to add one- an individual card takes one vote, a series takes 2, an archetype takes 3.

I'll probably throw MPBs in for consideration because more WIND stuff (only major threat you have to deal with is Draco, but it's kinda neutered to an extent nowadays). Then again, the ED members are bleh anyway (in Raiten's case, just assume that the Link restriction doesn't exist / is non-applicable for our purposes).

Jesus, all we need to bring full-power Dragon Rulers to the AGM at this point are Dr. Red and Super Rejuvenation. Sacred Sword, cheap ways to banish, EZPZ draw power . . . and now Dracossack. Couple that with Agony Fusion basically being an instant Future Fusion that requires you to take 2000 or more Battle Damage as a trigger, and you even have good Graveyard dumping.

Gusto (2/3 - Sakura, Draconus)

Laval, bar Chain (2/3 - Draconus, Sakura)

Inzektor (2/3 - Sakura, Draconus)

Mecha Phantom Beast, bar Raiten (1/3 - Sakura)

Prediction Princess (1/3 - Draconus)

Subterror, bar Apparition (1/3 - Draconus)

I did say for Raiten that we can just treat its summon restriction as limiting you to Fusion/Synchro/Xyz Summons only (and forget that it even has Link Summon written in its text; besides that, Konami could've released it in ARC-V and it would be functionally the same).

But yeah, what do the rest of you say about it?

====

Rest of the D-Rulers are staying out of here, as are True Kings.

I just wanna preface this by saying the cards aren't broken, they simply have amusing interactions with the D-Rulers (since they were brought up).

Also, this is only from the spell/trap lineup, there's probably monsters that help 'em out too that I didn't look at.

[spoiler AGM D-Ruler Cards?]

Blank Spell Slip

Normal Spell

Banish 1 Normal or Quick-Play Spell Card from the Graveyard: This card's effect becomes the effect of the banished card. You can only activate 1 "Blank Spell Slip" pet turn.

Entropic Draw

Normal Spell

Banish 1 FIRE monster, 1 WATER monster, 1 WIND monster, and 1 EARTH monster from your hand, field, or Graveyard; draw 2 cards. You can only activate 1 "Entropic Draw" per turn.

Lonely Melody

Normal Spell

Banish 1 monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 monster from your Graveyard. You can only activate 1 "Lonely Melody" per turn.

Forgotten One's Denial

Quick-Play Spell

Banish 1 monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 face-up card in your opponent's Spell/Trap Zone; Negate it's effects until the end of the turn. You can only activate one "Forgotten One's" card per turn.

Fireburst Cemetery

Quick-Play Spell

If you control a face-up FIRE or Dragon-Type monster, you can Tribute 1 monster you control: Send all face-up cards your opponent controls to the Graveyard, and inflict 200 damage to your opponent for every card sent to the Graveyard by this effect. Cards and effects cannot activate in response to this effect. Your opponent cannot take damage the turn you activate this effect, except by this effect.

Awakening from the Dream

Quick-Play Spell

Banish 2 cards from your Graveyard; draw 1 card. You can only activate this effect of "Awakening from the Dream" once per turn.

Rank-Conversion-Magic: Heroic Force

Normal Spell

Return 1 face-up Xyz monster you control to your Extra Deck, and banish all attached Materials. Special Summon 1 Fusion monster of the same Attribute of the returned monster from your Extra Deck up to 2 Levels higher than the Rank of the returned monster (This is treated as a Fusion Summon). You can only activate 1 "Rank-Conversion-Magic" per turn.

Rank-Conversion-Magic: Resonant Force

Normal Spell

Return 1 face-up Xyz monster you control to your Extra Deck, and banish all attached Materials. Special Summon 1 Synchro monster of the same Attribute as the returned monster from your Extra Deck up to 2 Levels higher than the Rank of the returned monster (This is treated as a Synchro Summon). You can only activate 1 "Rank-Conversion- Magic" per turn.

Dimensional Double

Normal Trap

Target 1 monster you control; banish it, and if you do, Special Summon 1 monster with the same name as that monster from your hand, Deck or GY, and if you do that, equip this card to that monster. If this face-up card leaves the field, Special Summon the monster banished by this card's first effect.

Rewritten Sacred Tome

Continuous Trap

Unaffected by the effects of Spell and Trap Cards. During either player's turn, you can banish 1 card from your Graveyard: Add 1 Normal or Continuous Spell or Trap Card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Rewritten Sacred Tome" once per turn.

Sacred Tome of Exiles

Continuous Trap

When this card is activated: Add 1 Normal or Continuous Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand, except "Sacred Tome of Exiles". Once per turn, you can return 1 card from the Banished Zone to the Graveyard, except "Sacred Tome of Exiles": Add 1 Normal or Continuous Spell or Trap Card from your Graveyard to your hand. If there are no cards in your Banished Zone, banish this card.

Dance with the Dragons

Normal Spell

You can only activate 1 "Dance with the Dragons" per turn. If you control 2 or more Dragon-Type monsters: Target 1 of them; until the end of this turn, the targeted monster gains ATK equal to the combined ATK of other Dragon-Type monsters you currently control, also it gains 1 additional attack for every other Dragon-Type monster you currently control. Other monsters you control cannot attack the turn you activate this card.

I think the Rank-Conversion-Magics are particularly amusing since it lets them hit up pretty much any Fusion/Synchro as long as they have the appropriate Attribute R7. They can even go into Archetype specific ones!

Anyways... Probably gonna submit something for the deck challenge tonight.

Well . . . yes and no.

Note that it says "up to 2 Levels higher than the Rank of the returned monster". That means that, by returning a R7, they can only get a Level 8/9 Fusion (for Heroic Force) or Synchro (Resonant Force). I made the wording that tricky for a reason- I foresaw abuse. So, for example, you can convert Dracossack into Stardust Dragon, but not Stardust Charge Warrior. Also, no matter what you do, Heroic Force cannot Summon a Level 1 Fusion, Sacred Force can't bring out Party Lord, Worn Force can't make Relinquished, and any other examples, because all Rank 0 Xyz are treated as a different Rank on the field.

I think this might be the first time that the Sacred Tomes are being called into question, and good old Dame has been ignored outside a few Fusions I had to put up a while back.

Entropic Draw is basically "Pot of Dragon Ruler" lol

Blank Spell Slip has come under a bit of fire before, but given that you still need to fulfill a card's conditions (ie, if you banished Pot of Duality, you would still be robbed of Special Summons), and you can't use it to subvert HOPT clauses, it basically got a shrug and we moved on.

Yeah, Fireburst Cemetery is probably going to need an edit. Dammit, Rulers.

I just remembered that Dance was supposed to be a present for me, and I find it funny the way that it enables Rulers to OTK pretty easily.

Um . . . yeah, we did. Someone suggested Rulers, probably as a joke, and then Nyx blanket-approved everything up for review at the time, including the Rulers. The actual Dragon Ruler series is in the AGM.

Also, the only True King that can trigger Fireburst Cemetery is Agnimazud- remember, they're Wyrms.

Also, is the fact that we have Reasoning of any concern?

July's challenge ends with the month, but August's challenge is FIRE- making a Deck that meets the following criteria:

●40-60 card Main Deck

●At least 20 of your cards must be FIRE-Attribute monsters

●Your Extra Deck, if you elect to have one, must be at least 2/3 FIRE (rounded up).

I also intend on there being some kind of August event, for 2 reasons: My 21st birthday (25th), and the AGM's 2nd (19th). Not sure yet what it should be, but I do appreciate suggestions.

Um . . . yeah, we did. Someone suggested Rulers, probably as a joke,

Didn't you suggest Rulers? XD

Also, is the fact that we have Reasoning of any concern?

We really don't have anything that abuses Reasoning...

Really, the danger in Reasoning lies in the amount of Spells/Traps with powerful grave effects, as it is an unknown mill value for them.  Also Infernoids, because of how they operate, but we don't have them anyway so w/e.  It also happens to be a card that doesn't have much in the way of "skill" as they say, but really, that shouldn't exactly contribute to whether or not we should keep it in the pool.

Surraco- working on it. I'm basically waiting on Konami to shrug in my direction, so that I don't get sued. I don't have much for them to sue for.

Tinkerer- so, basically, quite a few AGM archetypes. Graveyard effects are rather common among a few archetypes, especially given that you can just use it to put Hell Stinger backrow in the Graveyard, which has floating effects almost across the board (including an Insect-Type Icarus Attack/Offering to the Snake Deity that recoups itself if you have 2 or more Hell Stinger cards in the backrow).

Tinkerer- so, basically, quite a few AGM archetypes. Graveyard effects are rather common among a few archetypes, especially given that you can just use it to put Hell Stinger backrow in the Graveyard, which has floating effects almost across the board (including an Insect-Type Icarus Attack/Offering to the Snake Deity that recoups itself if you have 2 or more Hell Stinger cards in the backrow).

I'll admit I haven't reached Hell Stingers for my support thread (which is my main means of really getting to know the AGM archetypes) and only gave 'em a cursory glance because of the contest.

I did note that we do have quite a few more grave effects on Spell/Traps [than Konami], but even so, most seem to be locked to a specific deck and the more generic ones aren't overwhelming either. Suffice to say, I believe there are cards that are more dangerous than Reasoning right now.

...but I'm biased since Reasoning happens to be one of my all-time favorite cards.

Anyways, in answer to your All-Splice fix question, I think putting on the extra Normal Summon clause ("you can only gain this effect once per turn") could work. It acts as an OPT for specific events, so you would only be able to level up something once in that way.

Made the recommended edit.

Also, I forgot to ask this earlier, but what is Hyath an anagram of? I had told you that the naming shtick of Fallen Champions is that all their names were anagrams of the names of companies that either no longer exist or defaulted hard enough to get absorbed (Gaes, for example, is Sega), and I haven't been able to puzzle it out. I get that it's an "Unfallen" Champion, but that implies that the company its name is a reference to still exists, which only makes it more confusing.

Archived