Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

Generally speaking, every Numerix I have designed has had some kind of relevance to its Numerix ID. Sometimes it's historical (-008 is a reference to the beginning of the worker's rights movement in the US, and anyone who's passed basic US history knows why -045 is the way it is), sometimes it's a reference to a saying or object (-022 is literally designed as a catch-22, -052 is a reference to the number of cards in a standard playing card deck), and sometimes it's just a pun (-088 is a Japanese pun, where "all circles" sounds almost exactly like "eaten alive", which is what Skoiwira does, in addition to a reference to the fact that Puritan graveyards had 88 plots).

There's tons of ways you can use numerical references, which is why I was stuck regarding what to make for -111. The 111th night of the 1001 Nights is a story about a harem, making it tempting to make a Flarem card, but there are 111 identified species of psychotropic fungus, making Fungal Serpents another tempting design . . . and then there's the whole Cipher thing with computer code that makes it a necessity that Numerix-000, if it's ever made, must be a Cipher.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could've ported custom Number 111 instead of the Flarem one; motive behind that one is sand-based because of OR/AS being a desert route.

Will just move stuff that I was writing about the methods I used to determine the Numerix I made from previous post to here.

[spoiler=stuff]

• Numerix-61 was ported from a Number with same name (but one value lower; 60), but yeah.
    • Gorowase is "mu-rei" so null spirit.
  • 84 came from my take on Number 84 before Kyoji Yagumo came around.
    • Something about the Year of the Dog and subtracting either the total Levels needed for its summoning or the material count from the years associated with them. Also a partial dirty reference to dog attacks being a cause of death.
  • 91 was reserved (and you can just do subtraction to get its Rank, 9 - 1 = 8)
  • 92 was ported from custom Number 71, but I couldn't get it because Nyx made Rabbit House Nymph in that slot. However, it still makes sense for the value I took.
    • 71 would've reflected where its respective animal is in the Chinese zodiac [7] and champions are number [1]. 
    • 92 is basically a subtraction thing now, but you end up with 7, and yeah. 
  • 102; yeah, just my Over Hundred Numerix.
  • 110 came from a Number with same value (with minor adjustments)
    • Themed on Latias, so Number/Numerix value stemmed from her SpAtk or Speed stat. Also RIP being power creeped.
  • 111 was partly due to Draco, as Alyasmin wasn't originally a Numerix. (It now is, because of stuff.)
  • 112 had a combination theme, though trying to remember what I did for this one in specific; though the numbers individually add up to 4, so...

I'm linking stuff from my personal Wikia because yeah, I keep a lot of stuff here; including stuff that I am not posting on YCM.

You all are welcome to use it as well if desired (in the event YCM goes down and we lose everything before datasheet is finished); just use CardTable2A and fill in the necessary blanks. Some of Draco's stuff that is post-legacy to my sets is there with his name in creator tags.

One hundred [and] fourteen is also...

• The online and telephone directory number in Israel.
I was gonna make Numerix-114 based on a hebrew letter, but I did a little research and unfortunately, Wikipedia's information on the number 114 is outdated. >.<

Since non-Numerix Xyz monsters are underrepresented though, what do you guys think about this being a generic Xyz instead?

[spoiler=Formerly Numerix-114]Aleph Null the Smallest

Rank 8 - WATER - Thunder/Xyz/Effect - 2800/3000

2 Level 8 monsters

Cannot be flipped face-down by card effects. Twice per turn (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 Material from this card and negate the effects of 1 monster on the field until the end of the turn; you lose 3000 LP. Once per turn, if this card has no Materials: You can pay 1500 LP, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; negate its effects until the end of the turn. That monster cannot activate its effects until this effect resolves.

It negates as a cost, hitting pretty much everything before they can react, but at a price of losing 3000 LP, unless you also negate its own effect ;) Afterwards, you can pay 1500 LP to "effect veiler" monsters once per turn. It doesn't remove anything though, so I thought its stats would be ok being this high.

They don't need to be DARK, but yes, especially considering that "Calibrator" monsters are referenced in its card text, of which we have none.

Think of it this way- we added "Helios, the Primordial Sun" for the sole purpose of its existence in the text of Macro Cosmos. We cannot add Scrap Dragon without giving it a target, we can't add Exterio without adding Beast and Barkion, we can't add Mound of the Bound Creator without adding at least 1 of the Egyptian Gods as a target, etc.

So, you are now obligated to make at minimum 1 "Calibrator" card.

Calculator's Calibrator XD

Jokes aside DARK Thunder is cooler and allows you to make BLS - Envoy and some other monsters, which have high levels that Special Summon themselves so they can support the archetype quite well. It makes a lot of sense in the context of the archetype, since hunders make any generic LIGHT Thunder monsters a part of their archetype. If I make them primarily DARK then I can make my own searchers without having to worry about too many unexpected broken synergies.

I wasn't knocking the Type/Attribute combo, I was just saying that it didn't necessarily have to be DARK. You could make them WIND and I wouldn't bat an eye.

We have 3 "Chaos-esque" monsters made in the AGM, as well as BLS Envoy, Frost and Flame Dragon, & Desert Twister: Archfiend of the Fair supports standard Chaos, Yuki Onna of the Hot Springs is FIRE/WATER, and Sandblaster Duuyos is EARTH/WIND.

Also, from what I remember, I made four triple-Attribute Fusions: Disasterman is EARTH/WIND/FIRE (PUNCH YOUR THINGS BEFORE YOU SUMMON THEM!), Terrorbeast is EARTH/WIND/DARK (OTK time, madafaka), Chaos Dark Eater is LIGHT/DARK/FIRE (part Yubel, part Vampire Lord, part Giant Trunade on legs, plus making your opponent wait to actually get their bosses out), and Radiant Elemental is LIGHT/WATER/FIRE (burn burn heal burn UNEXPECTED NUKE). I should probably fill the holes . . . and maybe design am archetype around getting out Disasterman, because that's easily the single card I'm most proud of.

I just gave us a bunch of non-Pendulum Normal monsters (picked basically at random from a list of OCG exclusives no one cares about) so that our extensive Normal monster support does something of note. I mostly did this because none of us are extensively making Normal monsters, bar the occasional Gemini that pops up. I insert understand why, though- sometimes flavor text just doesn't come to you.

So, yeah. I did a thing.

Speaking of Gemini, though, Seven Deadly Swords . . . aren't going well. It's taking a lot more effort than I thought to make a fun Equip Spell Gemini archetype.

Well, a chunk of the Normals Konami made are technically pack filler now; especially the DM-era ones (bar for rare exceptions). I mean, I do have some other Normal Monsters I could throw in the generic pool, but a chunk of them are either crappy or just plain weird. (A few of them are Pendulums though)

The thing is that I made Labyrinth Dragon and its support cards (the Field Spell "Lost Labyrinth" and the Continuous Trap "Silent Labyrinth") without checking our lineup of Normal monsters. It was . . . pretty lacking (a few archetypal things, Noodle Drake, the Party Poppers, a few Normal Pendulums, Nighty-Night Mighty Knight, Screenbreaker ENE, a bunch of Level 1s for Party Lord, a bunch of Level 4s for Unexpected Dai, and a few that were honestly designed as a joke), and given that Labyrinth Dragon is basically this engine of death fueled by having a small army of high-DEF and/or low-Level Normal monsters . . . I decided to give it a way to win.

The thing is that we're supposed to have two or more judges. In fact, this last one was supposed to have both myself and Tinkerer judging, just like the one before, but he disappeared after we started accepting apps. Tinkerer's gone, I'm sick, and no one else has any interest in running a contest, so I'm going with Tinkerer's suggestion to space out the contests more, especially given the fact that membership is a prize.

Fine, but I want to judge in the next competition, whether it's in December, earlier, or later.

You can just make your own contest, or help me do the CC tournaments whenever I get time to between coursework. Note that I have a different grading scale than Draco that's more generalized (because not Archetype-game), and contests are always single cards.

(Also standard templating for how stuff goes; then again, I can offer a much bigger point prize and member groups.)

Oh hell, I didn't run one since February and that's usually due to contests being dead / my coursework.

-------

(If Draco lets you judge in December or whenever, fine.)

I could start my own, but I think AGM contests are inherently more interesting for people on the website. 

At some point I'd like to hold actual Duel-Portal Tournaments to get more players on to the website. If there were 10-30 users at a time it would probably be a lot more accessible to new comers waiting for matches to show up, because it can take 30 minutes to an hour for you to find a match, so its only practical use is if you have someone you know and plan ahead, which takes at least 30 minutes with them making an account and building a Deck.

There's apparently a Discord with several players that don't even use this website anymore. With that, I think we should try to hold tournaments with approved AGM cards with points as an incentive. This could also be used to point out some design flaws that weren't seen in making the cards, which with edits can improve quality control in the AGM.

The eventual plan is to get approval from Konami to run our own site, and implement some ideas that I think even YGOPro doesn't do right (Double/Tag Duels, and multiples in general, being a big one). In return, they'd have free reign to print anything we design that's had a month or more of testing, to make sure we didn't accidentally make some degenerate combo/loop.

But yeah, I have no issue with you grading the December contest with me.

Anyway, did anyone see any generic series they wanted to incorporate into a full archetype? I asked this question a while back and didn't get much in the way of confirmation either way, except from Eshai who didn't list anything from there in his project listing.

Yay for being able to grade in the next competition.

How would you actually get Konami to run the site? I particularly think giving them power over everything would be a bit undermining to the community that ends up doing fine on its own (I would rather just 2 or 3 people from Konami join the mods and kinda supervise the admission of cards a bit from the ground level. Maybe those mods could find some good prompts and have us creators make the cards, and with Duel-Portal and Konami testing the winner's cards could get into the game).

As for the generic to archetype stuff, do you mean generics as in the Antique Fossil stuff? I still have most of those cards, just forgot to edit and post them. I had a Fusion I was really proud that I'll post here:

Antique Fossil Dyna Titanotop

EARTH - Level 8 - Rock/Fusion/Effect - 2600/3000

1 Rock monster + 1 Level 6 or higher monster

This card can attack while in face-up Defense Position. If it does, apply its DEF for damage calculation. If this card inflicts damage to your opponent, after damage calculations: You can switch this card’s battle position, and if you do, it can make a second attack in a row. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. If this card is sent from the field to the GY, you can banish it to add 1 “Fossil” Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand.

Includes Fossil Dig, the Dino ROTA on purpose.

No, actually, he meant my set that took inspiration from Jim's stuff. I don't mind OCG corrections if they're necessary (made those things a while ago), but be aware that A) we're not using Series 10 OCG, so those "corrections" are entirely unnecessary and B) you're not permitted to make functional changes/erratum.

Kinda already finished the erratas... they aren't supposed to be functionally different but I might have messed stuff up. Although it wasn't really correct ocg for any time period. Each of them had a really weird wording for Piercing, which has only had 2 different wordings in its time in the game. Peat should officially be worded like D/D Necro Slime, and there was an Equip monster that wasn't quite right in how it works, which I think I did right. 

Anyway, I made 5 monsters, 3 Fusions, and 2 Spells. Essentially Fossil Fusion is Invocation for Rock monsters, but actually, I'm strongly certain that Invokes are based on a more modern and competitive version of Fossil Fusion (Aleister even covers one of his eyes like Jim does with the Eye of Orichalcum), taking in attributes rather than Levels that some monsters don't have. They even have their own version of Time Stream in the form of Book of the Law.

I'll post the link after I'm done with the intro of the post.

By now you realize that I'm using Series 10 stuff (and thus would be appreciated if you didn't modify my text; can easily switch back to ARC-V grammar if that is the case); though there may be some intermingling out of habit of writing ARC-V grammar for three years.

===

Might as well leave a note in advance if anyone wants to retrain my stuff; if you want to do it, just make sure you ask beforehand so I can give you general conditions on what you can / can't do. Admittedly, a lot of them are old and I do need to make legacy support for them (grammar fixing can be done later). 

Archived