Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, AGM news, sorted from most relevant to least:

The OP is updated and cleaned up a little (looking at some awkward spacing, and finally actually removing Talim's name from the OP).

All current reserved projects, to my current knowledge, are as follows-

●Draconus297; Seven Deadly Swords

●ChampionZero; Archaevil

●Flash Flyer - Sakura; Windy

●Tojin; Paladion

●Octosquid; Black Luster

●The Nyx Avatar; Prysm

●Eshai, Dova, Tinkerer and GarlandChaos are not committed to any project in particular.

The current queue-

Vampires (1/3 - Nyx)

Infernities (1/3 - Eshai)

I'd like to bring up the various "series" in the generics thread, because initially they were going to be converted into fully-fledged archetypes by the secret contest. However, unfortunately that didn't wind up happening. TO MY KNOWLEDGE, here is every intentionally created series in the Generics thread, and if any of you want to put in the legwork to give them their own archetypes I'd be very appreciative.

●Skeleca, currently composed of 6 DARK Zombie-Type monsters at different Levels, each of which so far is a retrain of a DM-era Zombie, with their "boss", Skelecaptain, being a Main Deck retrain of the Fusion Skull Knight. Beatdown-centric, and a sub-focus on Deck shuffling.

●Emotion Dragons, thus far composed of Shining Hope Dragon and Crushing Despair Dragon, their evolutions, and 3 cards of backrow, based around large amounts of healing, burn, and minor mill.

●Antique Fossils, thus far being 4 EARTH Rock-Type Fusion monsters based on heavy damage and piercing. Thematically, they are highly similar to Jim's Deck from GX. Eshai had told me he might work on this, but I've no confirmation one way or the other regarding progress.

●Forgotten One's, a set of 3 Quick-Play Spells with banish costs and very simple effects based on crippling your opponent's resources.

●Entropy/Entropic, a set of cards designed around banishing monsters of the 4 elemental Attributes. I honestly haven't counted the members.

●Helios, 4 new monsters and a Spell giving you bigger advantage if Macro Cosmos is active. Thus far battle-focused with a sub-focus on resource crippling.

●Dame of the Sacred Tome, with 3 Equip Spells, a Union monster, 3 Fusions, and a few odd cards of backrow practically (just about all of it is still pretty generic) to herself.

●Odd-Dice, 6 WIND monsters of different Levels based primarily on die rolls, and getting heavy advantage if the result on a die is 1, 3, or 5.

●Rail Cannon Delinquent, one monster and two Traps with a focus on columns and movement.

●Various LV lines of vastly different power (keep in mind that the only Konami LV lines we took are Armed Dragon, Dark Mimic, Mystic Swordsman, and Silent Magician).

●Morphbrother/Morphsister, a quirky OTK Deck thus far based around 4 Level 4 monsters of varying Attributes.

●Evolutionary, a cluster of Level 6 monsters based around the Eeveelutions.

●Veldaion, a series of 2 monsters, 3 Counter Traps, and a Normal Spell, essentially giving us the beginnings of AGM Counter Fairies.

I'd also like to take a moment to show off the 3 "Break" Equip Spells, designed around modality do you have the necessary effects for the situation at hand, especially considering that with Power Tool Dragon on our hands they're all searchable as well:

Twin Breaker Blades

Equip Spell

The equipped monster gains 400 ATK. When this card is activated, you can discard up to 3 cards to select and apply a number of the following effects for each card discarded:

●If the equipped monster battles your opponent's monster, negate the effects of the opposing monster (including in the Graveyard), beginning at the start of the Damage Step.

●Once per turn, if the equipped monster destroys your opponent's monster by battle, it can attack once again in a row.

●At the start of your 2nd Main Phase, draw 1 card for each monster destroyed by the equipped monster this turn (by battle or its own effect).

You can only control 1 "Twin Breaker Blades".

Drill Break Lance

Equip Spell

Your opponent cannot attack monsters you control, except the equipped monster. When this card is activated, you can banish up to 3 cards from your Graveyard to select and apply a number of the following effects equal to the number of cards banished:

●The equipped monster gains 1000 ATK.

●At the end of the Damage Step, if the equipped monster battled, you can target and destroy 1 card on the field.

●Once per turn, during either player's turn, if the equipped monster would be destroyed, you can target and destroy 1 other card on the field; the equipped monster is not destroyed.

You can only control 1 "Drill Break Lance".

Massive Break Hammer

Equip Spell

The equipped monster gains 500 ATK. When this card is activated, you can send up to 3 cards from your Deck to your Graveyard of different card Types (Monster, Spell, and/or Trap) to select and activate a number of the following effects equal to the number of cards sent to the Graveyard this way:

●If the equipped monster destroys your opponent's monster by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monster's original ATK.

●The equipped monster inflicts piercing Battle Damage, and if it does, draw 2 cards.

●Banish any monster destroyed by battle with the equipped monster.

You can only control 1 "Massive Break Hammer".

Technically speaking, I do have an Eevee card that will make them a proper Archetype (by Konami standards), but other than that, Eeveelutions are intended to work separately. Adding more speed to them should be on to-do list eventually.

As for projects, yeah, I'll probably pick up on Windy later. Need some excuse to butter Majespecters up to compete in the new format.

Here are my projects I've been switching around to keep my ideas fresh from most done to least done:

- Endymion/Ritual Pendulum Spell Counters (Almost done. Spell Counters are a bit complex but this is one of those archetypes you have to test on Duel Portal)

Symphonic Sword (Guardian remake with Equips that Special Summon their targets similar to how Premature Burial and Re-Fusion functions. The monsters have effects similar to the Noble Knights where they gain Effects based on the cards Equipped to them. The Equips can also Quick-play change targets, but only once per turn.)

- Ignition Beasts (Made for Link Format. They destroy themselves and other cards on the field when they're Fusion Summon, in which the Field Spell can Special Summon them back to another zone. They also have Main Deck EARTH Pyro and Machine monsters that function similarly to Gadgets and Volcanics, having utility in mind.)

Power Tool (I'm thinking Karakuri with Equips that change based on Battle Position much like Magnum Shield.)

- Heavy Mech (Machine Unions which includes the Heavy Mech Support "archetype" along with a errata of Perfect Machine King as the base.)

- Phantom Gryphons (Will include a name style similar to Harpies where there are several monsters with the same name, along with their own Hunting Grounds Field Spell)

The "Break" Equips are cool, although I REALLY don't like Equip cards with discards after what happened to Guardians. Also been working on my own Card Game project that I'll be making on Unity.

Well, only the Blades use a discard. The Lance asks you to banish, and the Hammer actually lets you dump cards from your Deck, if you can spare several card types going to the Graveyard.

Also, Power Tool looks interesting, and Heavy Mech almost looks like you're going to go full anime Meklord, which I wholly support.

Any progress on grading the AGM contest, or the deadline hasn't yet arrived at this time? 

If I haven't already said this, college started up on Monday so my cardmaking time will be limited during the semester, especially if (intro to) traffic engineering proves to be as work intensive as the professor said he'd make it. (We shall see how that goes). That, and other stuff in conjunction with moderator duties and RL stuff. 

=====

Right...and I did make a Delta-Numerix if we forgot about them after a while (will be posted later), but not for my Over-Hundred one. That will be looked at when I get time.

(That being said, if Octosquid and Eshai want their own Over Hundred Numerix now, there is a disconnect because Numerix-110 is already taken by me for another project [and moving its slot will screw up the flavor behind choosing that value]; 111 is still vacant and 112 is technically made, but not submitted to the pool yet because of the previous. I can always make it a regular Xyz if 111 / 112 get taken by those two.)

Midnight tonight (PST, remember) is the deadline for submissions, and grades should go up on my birthday. I get to spend my 21st grading Trap Cards.

It wouldn't matter even if we did- all support for the Over-Hundreds is specifically designed for "Numerix-10" monsters, meaning that 110 and higher don't get access to our equivalent to The Seventh One, can't kill Censure Censor, et cetera.

It's 8 pm on my end right now [give/take a few min], so yeah, two more hours.

But yeah, if those two want their own, they can but just won't get any support for the time being due to that (unless legacy cards are made for them; 110 doesn't need it because of the internal support in its own Archetype; anything else, yeah). Then again, it's likely rest of us forgot about the Delta project at this point; I only remembered because of the Xyz game.

Update on Heavy Mechs.

- The Union clauses are going to be Quick Effects, in reference to Roll Out! which is the card that references the connection between Perfect Machine King and the Heavy Mech Support cards.

- The Unions are all going to be different attributes, since the originals are LIGHT and DARK, while Perfect Machine King is EARTH. It was rather this or making them Cyberse monsters so they would have heavy levels of synergy with ABCs, which was not the intention.

- The retrain of Perfect Machine King is going to be called "Heavy Mech Machine King", and will have a "Belial - Marquis of Darkness" or a "Mecha Phantom Beast Concoruda" protection effect for your Heavy Mech Support monsters.

Now I just need speed and consistency. Probably going to add some Special Summon mechanics to the Heavy Mech Support, and maybe a Quick-play Spell that Equips 1 appropriate Union monster to a "Heavy Mech" monster you control.

Any other ideas?

Okay, so unless Eshai and Octo want their own Numerix to be as close to the "Imperial" Numerix as possible, ideally Numerix-111 would be a Cipher, Fungal Serpent, or Flarem monster. I can't decide, because of my role in all 3 (I made the latter two, and might as well have made the former with the sheer amount of support I gave it), but I'd really like it to be one of those 3.

Also, Nyx, while you're doing support, here are my archetypes that I think need the most help:

●Flarem. Give them another R5, a play enabler, or a few new Equip Spells, because they're kinda hurting for all of them.

●Aura. Their Main Deck boss is a semi-nomi Level 6 that Cyber Dragon could run over, and their ED boss is almost impossible to Summon (it requires there to be at least 10 Aura cards on board/in the Graveyard, and they don't swarm or benefit from being in the Graveyard as of yet).

●Darkhorse. They're a Synchro Fusion archetype with next to no Main Deck, and those monsters' puny stats don't exactly help their battle effects trigger. Even with a wannabe Gateway of the Six, they don't have much kick to them.

●Geargoyle. I'm honestly just disappointed by how little I was able to accomplish with these.

Eshai, I recommend having some hand sniping effects, because "sit on a boss and camp" Decks have quite a few problems regardless of their power:

●Lava Golem

●Dark Rivals (Kaiju-Towers abominations that can only be killed in battle by other members of the archetype, and have negative effects for their controller)

●Enemies of Wysthae (note that these aren't one at a time, just once per turn per Enemy)

●Potentially, Grand Sacred Emperor Veldaion (through the NS)

●GameChild Volcano Prince (note that this one Tributes all monsters on board, and goes to whichever player Tributed more monsters)

●Santa Claws

●Predaplants Drosophyllum Hydra and Banksia Ogre (no limits besides Predator Counters)

Hand control effects are necessary for any "protect the castle" Deck to function, because this is a metagame loaded with wannabe Kaijus. I'd give us Delinquent Duo if I weren't worried about it getting abused somehow.

Anyway, tomorrow is my 21st birthday, so I probably won't be on here much. See you all either tomorrow night or Saturday morning!

That's not really something I can solve. Kaijus are the ultimate kind of removal that you just can't stop. I did, however, make a way for the Deck to play around it. The Union effects are a Spell Speed of 2, so with the protection the Machine King provides you don't have to equip until they enter the Battle Phase and try to kill the King. Otherwise, they try to use Raigeki and you just use 1 of the equips to take the hit instead.

The deck isn't so much "protect the castle" as it is "protect the gate" since you're protecting a monster that's protecting the rest of your cards.

As for the Numerix, I could do something. I'll probably do something more staple esc, possibly a Rank 3 that plays a bit around Link format. 

You have anything from 111 onward at this point; assuming Draco doesn't make that one himself (or I decide to just make that Flarem Xyz I made into one; well, it would technically fit into what he wanted, but won't be by him.) To be fair, I made the prompt for them, hence the Arabian theme; Draco just provided name and actually made them.

(Numerix-111:) Alyasmin, Successor Princess of the Flarem 
(خليفة أميرة مضيئة الحريم - الياسمين) Rank 5 | FIRE | Spellcaster | Xyz | Effect
2700/2200
3+ Level 5 Spellcaster monsters
While you control another "Flarem" monster, this card cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's effects. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; attach it to this card as an Xyz Material. This card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each material on it. During either player's turn: You can Xyz Summon 1 "Flarem" Xyz Monster by using this card as material. (Transfer its materials to that monster). You can only use this effect of "Alyasmin, Successor Princess of the Flarem" once per turn.

(I'm not going to try translating Numerix into Arabic, because I can't write it to save my life)

Yeah, this should do it. Will fix the templating when I actually add it because we know what happens if it isn't 100% correct. (Also, the OCG is correct as per Series 10 writing, so...)

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/364412-make-a-xyz-monster-game-v-20/page-4?do=findComment&comment=7023712

(suppose this can go in now that 111 is kinda confirmed; we'll see)

=========

As for outside club project, I think I found a workaround; but...not posting it in here because Link format and this isn't that.

My Numerix

Numerix 113: Calculord2

DARK - Rank 2 - Thunder/Xyz/Effect - ? ATK/? DEF
2 Level 2 monsters
Once per turn, you can also Xyz Summon "Numerix 113: Calculord" using 1 "Calculator" or "Calibrator" monster with 1800 or more ATK as Xyz material. This card's The ATK and DEF of this card is the combined Levels/Ranks of all face-up monsters you control x 300. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; increase this card’s Level/Rank equal to the number of monsters you control. While this card’s Rank is 5 or higher, your opponent cannot target another monster you control for attacks, or Spell/Trap effects, except "
Numerix 113: Calculord2".

I lied. "The Calculator" and "The Calibrator" are the only ones of the archetypes I mention, but if I'm ever making a Calculator/Calibrator archetype this is here. I wanted to do something with the Zoo mechanic that wasn't abusive of the game mechanics, so I added the "1800 or more ATK" clause so that you need to do something to get the monsters ready for Xyz Summoning. This rather requires you to control a Level 4 monster for Calculator or a Rank 3 or higher Xyz for Calibrator, which I think is fair.

Also, DARK Thunder, because for some criminal reason there aren't that many of such a cool typing in this game. It also allows for Chaos support, so BLS - Envoy, an easy Level 8 could be even more helpful for the Calculator Deck.

PS the 2 is supposed to mean ^2 or to the second power, but the comment won't keep it that way and it just becomes a small font 2. 

(Guess that means I better add them to the generic threads before you add your Numerix in. So Octosquid, you end up with 114 then.)

One problem though; we don't have either of The Calculator monsters in the AGM. As we probably said before, if you want outside cards in here, you need to request them. Sans that alternate condition, card is fine.

To be fair, Konami hasn't made another Thunder Xyz period; let alone one with another Attribute. No seriously, ask Tewart why Chidori is the only Thunder Xyz in the actual game.

I was going to sincerely ask for just Calculator (I can understand Calibrators situation), but then Draconus commented the minute I was going to post. 

I typically do lines instead of dashes just for preference, but recently it's just because I forget to do it differently. I'll change it.

I was going to sincerely ask for just Calculator (I can understand Calibrators situation), but then Draconus commented the minute I was going to post. 

I typically do lines instead of dashes just for preference, but recently it's just because I forget to do it differently. I'll change it.

Outside the Generics thread, you can use whatever format you want. It does not have to be that precise format; even in here.

I know mine is technically in the unfiltered form; it will be fixed to the proper format when it goes in, considering Draco going on about it multiple times by now. I use the format with " | " because that's how card data is read in Duel Portal to an extent; in the event I wish to import stuff (also Wikia too, so...); that, and standard convention in the past was Level/Attribute/Type/Subtype, etc.

(If I forgot to change it, the reason is not because I don't care about Draco's preferred format, but rather that I likely forgot to move things.)

It's not just that the format is preferred, it's that Octo's program is set up to read my format because it's the most common one in the group (a recent calculation I did indicates that a little less than half of the non-Konami cards in the AGM are designed by yours truly, and that percentage is higher if only considering Generics, mostly because of Numerix).

It's basically just for practicality's sake, because it's a hell of a lot easier for every card not in my format to be changed than for every card in my format to get changed.

I don't have enough to say to follow the Advanced Clause, so I'm just going to point this out here: the clause you put on the Prysm monsters doesn't work the way it should. Here's an improved version:

. . . you can return this monster from the field to your hand: Halve the ATK of the attacking monster, then Special Summon 1 "Prysm" monster from your hand, except (its own name), and if you do, increase the Summoned monster's ATK by this monster's ATK, until the End Phase. The declared attack resumes, with the Summoned monster as the new attack target.

I'll make a note that Numerix 111 and 112 are up in generics now, so Eshai, if you want to submit yours at this time, now it is possible. (And yes, it is in the proper formatting for the generics thread)

I'll not reiterate the statement about the generics format being unapplicable outside that thread because it should already be clear.

====

As for the legacy thread, if I do get time for it amidst my other obligations, LIKELY will be the outside stuff and maybe choice Archetypes as I deem necessary.

Are there any specific rules or flavor related things for making Numerix? I have an idea in mind for 114.

I'm a little busier nowadays because of classes, but I'll still continue to work on the spreadsheets when I have time. Black Luster is almost done too.  ^.^

Edit: Has anyone seen Tinkerer? I hope he's okay.

Are there any specific rules or flavor related things for making Numerix? I have an idea in mind for 114.

I'm a little busier nowadays because of classes, but I'll still continue to work on the spreadsheets when I have time. Black Luster is almost done too.  ^.^

I don't believe there are, though I know that I had some degree of flavor in mine when they were made (bar a few that had their values changed because I ported them from custom Numbers, and then someone took the spots that I wanted). 102 was probably outlier because Yuuji chose 101 first (and he is no longer in here).

I cannot say if the other members at the time who made Numerix used the pattern used by Numbers, or just picked them at random.

====

Don't worry about being inactive too much; classwork is more important. Oh hell, I should talk, being the one who has triple 300-level engineering courses.

Archived