Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

If we are adding "Fairy Tail", then can we also add the support card I made for them? Here it is:

Fairy Tail - Jasmine

LIGHT - Level 4 - Spellcaster/Flip/Effect - 1850/1000

FLIP: When this card is flipped face-up, you can target 1 Spellcaster-type monster in your GY, Special Summon it in face-down Defense Position, and if you do, flip this card into face-down Defense Position. You can only use this effect of "Fairy Tail - Jasmine" once per turn.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we are adding "Fairy Tail", then can we also add the support card I made for them? Here it is:

Fairy Tail - Jasmine

LIGHT - Level 3 - Spellcaster/Flip/Effect - 1200/1700

FLIP: When this card is flipped face-up, you can target 1 Spellcaster-type monster in your GY, Special Summon it in face-down Defense Position, and if you do, flip this card into face-down Defense Position. You can only use this effect of "Fairy Tail - Jasmine" once per turn.

Well, first we'd need to vote it in. I assume this means you are adding your vote?

If that is a vote, I'm pretty sure "Fairy Tail" are a series, not an archetype, given that they lack direct support. As such, they would only need two votes to enter.

Current queue!

Infernity (2/3 - Eshai, Kyumi)

Yang Zing (1/3 - Draconus)

Artifact (1/3 - Tinkerer) (I'll analyze, but I don't think the archetype as a whole is too bad- Moralltach might need a semi, though)

I'll go for Yang Zing. I kinda like the amount of Synchros they can pull off. I don't necessarily want the Artifacts in here though. Every time I ever tried to use them they screwed me over, but when others used them on me, they were terrific. Because of personal experience, I decline that one.

My vote to Artifact. I really love Artifacts.

In other news, here's a WATER Decklist based on Shivergami! I didn't really know what to do with them, but then I discovered the Shivergami Sculp + Chains of the Underworld Combo. Probably not a great deck, as I am terrible at it, and am also probably missing good AGM pool cards, but hey, practice right? As such, don't feel bad to say how bad it might be.

[spoiler=Monsters (17)] Shivergami Alter x3 (Can Summon itself and be Summoned when it's discarded. Key card.)
Shivergami Incision x3 (Hooray, banishing! Can SS itself and grave you another Shivergami. Key card.)
Shivergami Hybrid x3 (S/T destruction, Level modulation. Stacks easily)
Shivergami Trans x2 (Stealing is nice, and so is a Normal Summon, but the one thing this archetype does not need is more ways to empty the hand.)
Shivergami Late x3 (Some recycling I guess?)
Shivergami Sculp x3 (Stacks badly in the GY, but allows you to disable Chains of the Underworld once you're done with it. Without a limitation to Eff negation, it hurts you a little, but for fast early game plays, he's a key card.)

[spoiler=Spells (23)] Shivergami Luster x3 (Search and discard. SEARCH.)
Cool Breeze of the Shivergami x3 (Need that hand advantage.)
Pity for the Mermaid x3 (The archetype really needs means to search, and, even though you lose one of your Shivergamis, you get exactly the one you want. Even though Luster disables this card, said card gives you a search anyway, and there's Sculp if you really need it.)
Mystical Space Typhoon x3 (S/T destruction outside of Hybrid. Also kills Floodgates.)
Terraforming x3 (Need to control when you get the field Spell)
Chains of the Underworld x3 (Allows you to discard and draw 2 when you Summon a monster? Please. Chances are you'll draw into Sculp or have it in the Graveyard when you want to Synchro, so it doesn't really limit you)
Magic of the Pharoah x3 (Guess, draw, either discard or benefit.)
Upstart Goblin x1 (Assuming this is Limited)
Raigeki x1 (Assuming this is Limited.)

[spoiler=ED (15)]Shivergami Close Call x3 (Easily accessible beater, removal)
Shivergami Braindeath x3 (Removal, wall)
Shivergami Cryostasis x3 (Graveyard lock, beater.)
Torrential Sorcerer x3 (Double banishing and discarding? Sign me up.)
Merciless Soul Eater x2 (Cute Tech)

I'm surprised that you only used Nyx's original line of Shivergami cards, without borrowing from the extensive support they've received from myself and Tinkerer. That might have given you a better defense against the Synchro you need getting Ghost Reaper'd, by having more Synchros actually in your Extra Deck. It's still pretty decent regardless, but I'm just saying that the variety would have worked in your favor.

Also, wow. Artifacts. That was fast.

Anyway, just realized a silly combo: Card Transmutation + Miracle Mirror is a Raigeki/Harpie's Feather Duster that kills off floating and Special Summon locks the opponent for the turn, even if it gives them some pretty sweet draw power if their board was sufficiently enormous (with a maximum draw of 12 cards if they used all 5 Monster Zones, all 5 S/T Zones, and they had Pendulum Scales and a Field Spell up).

I'm surprised that you only used Nyx's original line of Shivergami cards, without borrowing from the extensive support they've received from myself and Tinkerer. That might have given you a better defense against the Synchro you need getting Ghost Reaper'd, by having more Synchros actually in your Extra Deck. It's still pretty decent regardless, but I'm just saying that the variety would have worked in your favor.

Forgot Legacy support was a thing. My bad. Probably going to rewrite it now.

Speaking of Legacy Support threads, Kyumi, if you want to just have a place to put cards that support your favorite AGM-approved archetypes and series (like that Fairy Tail monster), you should start one. Thus far, the three open threads have different rules:

●Tinkerer is giving each AGM-created archetype that he didn't make (and, eventually, Sclera Guild, the collaborative archetype he didn't help with) exactly 1 card, in some cases even technically generic cards that just happen to work really well with the archetype.

●I'm just giving certain archetypes that aren't mine whatever I think they need- mostly in the form of boosts to power, unity, or consistency; bolstering lineups of cards that need holes filled (for example, if we ever added Arcana Force for whatever reason, I would compulsively fill up slots in the Tarot with anime adaptations or just straight-up new cards); and providing a goal to directionless archetypes (ohai Worms).

●Nyx just seems to be giving their favorite archetypes, and archetypes missing a certain je ne sais quoi, one or two odd cards that help out their playstyle.

So really, there's no one way to do it, I just recommend you do it. Although, before you start, you'd need to just pick and choose a few archetypes to support (I recommend things that either I or Tinkerer designed, given that we each exempt our own cards), so that the thread doesn't have just one card sitting in it.

ON ANOTHER TOPIC, I know that both Tinkerer and Eshai said they'd give Rail Cannon Delinquent more things to do (or, rather, that she and her Traps would get support somehow), but I'd like to know your guys' opinion on which random mini-series of cards should have a contest devoted to support.

I mean, Dragonna-bugeisha is thus far "lots of damage, backrow can die kthnxbai" . . . Dova designed the "Forgotten One" Quick-Play Spells which are our counterparts to the "Forbidden" Quick-Play Spells, without a "Condemned Maiden" . . . Dame of the Sacred Tome just really wants to equip and punch things really hard without worrying about effect removal, and the Sacred Tomes themselves are "gimme back my S/T" . . . Tinkerer was working on Entropy at one point, but I don't know what happened there . . . Labyrinth Dragon has a support lineup exclusively for itself for some reason . . .

Speaking of Legacy Support threads, Kyumi, if you want to just have a place to put cards that support your favorite AGM-approved archetypes and series (like that Fairy Tail monster), you should start one. Thus far, the three open threads have different rules:

●Tinkerer is giving each AGM-created archetype that he didn't make (and, eventually, Sclera Guild, the collaborative archetype he didn't help with) exactly 1 card, in some cases even technically generic cards that just happen to work really well with the archetype.

●I'm just giving certain archetypes that aren't mine whatever I think they need- mostly in the form of boosts to power, unity, or consistency; bolstering lineups of cards that need holes filled (for example, if we ever added Arcana Force for whatever reason, I would compulsively fill up slots in the Tarot with anime adaptations or just straight-up new cards); and providing a goal to directionless archetypes (ohai Worms).

●Nyx just seems to be giving their favorite archetypes, and archetypes missing a certain je ne sais quoi, one or two odd cards that help out their playstyle.

So really, there's no one way to do it, I just recommend you do it. Although, before you start, you'd need to just pick and choose a few archetypes to support (I recommend things that either I or Tinkerer designed, given that we each exempt our own cards), so that the thread doesn't have just one card sitting in it.

ON ANOTHER TOPIC, I know that both Tinkerer and Eshai said they'd give Rail Cannon Delinquent more things to do (or, rather, that she and her Traps would get support somehow), but I'd like to know your guys' opinion on which random mini-series of cards should have a contest devoted to support.

I mean, Dragonna-bugeisha is thus far "lots of damage, backrow can die kthnxbai" . . . Dova designed the "Forgotten One" Quick-Play Spells which are our counterparts to the "Forbidden" Quick-Play Spells, without a "Condemned Maiden" . . . Dame of the Sacred Tome just really wants to equip and punch things really hard without worrying about effect removal, and the Sacred Tomes themselves are "gimme back my S/T" . . . Tinkerer was working on Entropy at one point, but I don't know what happened there . . . Labyrinth Dragon has a support lineup exclusively for itself for some reason . . .

Oh, is THAT what those are? I wanted to start one, just wasn't sure what they were exactly, or how to start one. Thx for telling me. I will try to put one up later.

Oh, is THAT what those are? I wanted to start one, just wasn't sure what they were exactly, or how to start one. Thx for telling me. I will try to put one up later.

Just a note about Fairy Tail cards, all of them are LIGHT, level 4, Spellcasters with 1850/1000 stats. That's... Really all that connects them to each other. Just letting ya know if ya wanna edit yours.

Just a note about Fairy Tail cards, all of them are LIGHT, level 4, Spellcasters with 1850/1000 stats. That's... Really all that connects them to each other. Just letting ya know if ya wanna edit yours.

Oh thanks. Didn't know, and will fix it accordingly.

I have to make my legacy support thing eventually, but that requires me to look over the other Archetypes in detail. Will be selective, because I don't have time to make cards for all of them in here (and I do need to get into designing for the current format).

Also might need to add legacy support for my old Archetypes, because a chunk of them are outdated as hell.

Yeah, Kyumi. The only really competitively relevant one has been Snow, because she revives herself (not OPT, and as a Quick Effect) by banishing 7 cards from your Graveyard, and is a walking Book of Moon. Thank goodness we don't have as much abusable Graveyard dumping as the TCG/OCG . . .

Well, Sakura, I know that you've been making a bunch of stuff for your own older sets, so really the sky's the limit with you.

Yeah, Kyumi. The only really competitively relevant one has been Snow, because she revives herself (not OPT, and as a Quick Effect) by banishing 7 cards from your Graveyard, and is a walking Book of Moon. Thank goodness we don't have as much abusable Graveyard dumping as the TCG/OCG . . .

Earlier today, I messed with an new odd-eyes deck and I ran Fairy Tail - Luna in it because a video said it would be good support, and it is helping me out quite a bit. Snow might be a good choice too, but also maybe not. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think Luna is good competitively(now that I've actually been given the chance to use her.)

(I only suggested Fairy Tails specifically so I can make my Fairy Tail/Charmer deck in the AGM tbh)

I've got quite a few more Entropy/Entropic cards, but I'd never actually gotten around to posting them.  I decided to revisit them, add a few, and touch up on the ones I'd had.

I'm thinking of maybe throwing together a Paraphys decklist because of all the unique banish stuff we've got.  Maybe a chaos version using Fairy Tail Snow/Helios + Paraphys...

New Shivergami Decklist:

[spoiler=Monsters]Shivergami Alter x3 (Can Summon itself and be Summoned when it's discarded. Key card.)
Shivergami Incision x3 (Hooray, banishing! Can SS itself and grave you another Shivergami. Key card.)
Shivergami Pnuemonia x3 (Discard Fuel and a search? Amazing. Can also search itself, for basically "choose your monster to Summon from your GY"x3.)
Shivergami Cyst x3 (Really useful card for not relying on hand advantage.)
Shivergami Hybrid x2 (S/T destruction, Level modulation. Stacks okay.)
Shivergami Sculp x2 (Stacks badly in the GY, but allows you to disable Chains of the Underworld once you're done with it. Without a limitation to Eff negation, it hurts you a little, but for fast early game plays, he's a key card.)
Shivergami Impalement x2 (Searching and level modulation. Yay.)
Shivergami Trans x1 (Stealing is nice, and so is a Normal Summon, but the one thing this archetype does not need is more ways to empty the hand.)

[spoiler=Spells]Shivergami Luster x3 (Search and discard. SEARCH.)
Cool Breeze of the Shivergami x3 (Need that hand advantage.)
Pity for the Mermaid x3 (The archetype really needs means to search, and, even though you lose one of your Shivergamis, you get exactly the one you want. Even though Luster disables this card, said card gives you a search anyway, and there's Sculp if you really need it.)
Terraforming x3 (Need to control when you get the field Spell)
Chains of the Underworld x3 (Allows you to discard and draw 2 when you Summon a monster? Please. Chances are you'll draw into Sculp or have it in the Graveyard when you want to Synchro, so it doesn't really limit you)
Spite of the Shivergami x3 (Draw power and swarming. Hooray.)
Upstart Goblin x1 (Assuming this is Limited)
Raigeki x1 (Assuming this is Limited.)

[spoiler=ED]Shivergami Amputation x3 (Draw ladder.)
Shivergami Braindeath x3 (Removal, wall.)
Shivergami Cryostasis x3 (Graveyard lock, beater.)
Shivergami Close Call x2 (Easily accessible beater, removal.)
Shivergami Chemotherapy x2 (Relatively easily accessible boss. Revivable with Pnuemonia.)
Torrential Sorcerer x1 (Double banishing and discarding? Sign me up.)
Merciless Soul Eater x1 (Cute Tech)

Amputation was a good addition, along with Chemotherapy. The new MD monsters allowed me to up the monster count to 19 and not run Trans. Hooray.

@Tink- that honestly sounds interesting. Paraphys Helios Tails might be an interesting Deck, especially given that the AGM has so much banish power, although for the life of me I've no idea which Field Spell you'll be running, or if you'll be using multiple (hi, Ancient Fairy Dragon).

That Deck looks really solid, Dova, especially with some more card variety so that Dictator Dragon doesn't screw you over (remember that it slowly locks out more names from hitting the field the longer it's out, and it can't be Ghost Ogre'd because most of the time it's only declaring new names during the Damage Step).

I'm going to start adding Link monsters to some of my sets, to make them fit better into Link Format. However, I am also making sure that they are completely functional without said Links for the AGM pool.

In other news, it's hard differentiating Yang Zings from Emberwurm. At least milling is a thing.

Well, with the LEGACY tag, in all caps, your sets don't need to work in Link Format, and will be judged as if they came out in the Arc-V era.

Plus, it lets the set function at full power in the metagame it's being designed for, rather than have a few members it can't actually use.

As far as Emberwurm, try to take inspiration from "goodstuff" archetypes, where the effects just function without being too fussed over form. They're supposed to be splashable and simple.

Archived