Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last minute school paper came up, so I can't post the archetype rn, but I did finish with Sun Shadow (alongside some minor Helios support). Hopefully, I'll be able to post it within a few hours, but.. *shrug*

Also, I saw the prompt for Element Colossus the other day, so I'm calling that to be my next one once I post SS's.

[spoiler Thoughts on Month challenges]

LIGHT, huh? Should be a fairly easy one to do, but the themed ones should be interesting. I guess ima hold off on posting my Heliophys.dek until January.

Helios support? That sounds pretty interesting, actually. I mean, I made the Elementals and True Primal Helios (to give the Deck a bit more of a way to win, and building support around Macro Cosmos), and Tojin made some support for them at one point, but their playstyle thus far is pretty scattered beyond "banish things, beatdown".

Also, given that you are working on supporting things, can I take this to mean that you'll be reposting and adding to your Support Thread in the near future?

Basically, not relying on things that we don't use (Links/Link Markers, the "Normal" subtype [because Normal monsters and the Normal subtype can essentially be considered separate things, if the whole "Skelengel isn't a Flip monster" debacle is anything to go by], etc). However, we do have Cyberse, so that is an important distinction.

We in the AGM can be considered to essentially use Series 9 card text, grammar, and mechanics, with the following noteworthy exceptions:

●The AGM is considered to have a "Banished Zone", to cut down on unnecessary extra card text referring to "a card that is banished" and the like.

●The Cyberse-Type is a valued addition, except in situations where a Cyberse monster or a support card for the same is or pays direct reference to a Link monster/Link Markers.

●For the sake of simplicity, "Transfer its Materials to this card" (as a collapse term from "Xyz Material attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card"), and similar terms for similar replacements, shall be implemented.

●To make for more of a catch-all term, try for "you can only activate this effect of this card's name once per turn", instead of referring directly to the card's name.

●To collapse the unnecessarily long "If this card battles a Defense Position monster, this card inflicts piercing Battle Damage" clause, it can be shortened to "this card inflicts piercing Battle Damage" (as piercing only ever affects battles with Defense Position monsters). Variations can be made in cases where the monster in question needs to be the attacker, or in specialized Equip cases.

●"Monster Card Zone" can be collapsed to "Monster Zone", and "Spell/Trap Card Zone" can be collapsed to "Spell/Trap Zone" (I'm personally guilty of goofing this one).

●"(Quick Effect)" is adapted, only in cases where it would otherwise be unclear that a given effect is a Quick Effect (eg, "During your Main Phase (Quick Effect):"). Otherwise, default to Series 9 card grammar ("Once per turn, during either player's turn").

If I've missed anything of note, please notify me, and I will update the list.

It makes things a lot easier if you don't force yourselves to find artwork, because yeah, unless you're a very talented artist who can incorporate over a hundred or so Archetypes, yeah. I know Nyx is very adamant about finding art for stuff. 

As for my stuff, they're designed to function on their own without external engines (outside the archetypal good cards like Tenki and all for obvious reasons). You can probably try if you want, but I wouldn't advise it because of consistency (at times). 

I've gotten a few PMs from users (outside this club) who made prompts in the Archetype game, and which a handful of you are using. Most of it pertains to you guys not crediting the original poster who wrote the prompt; least in more recent times, and implications being that you guys wrote the theme yourself. 

While it is not required, it's recommended that you either credit the user in the thread somewhere or just link to where you found it. Granted, some of the users probably don't even check, but yeah. This is more for future design going forward, and not telling you to retroactively add the credits to past sets.

Hey team! So, Archaevil is up, I clearly have let my skills atrophy somewhat over the spring and summer, and it would seem my archetype is not as up to scratch as I'd like it to be. My only feedback so far has supplied me with only what is wrong with my cards, not how to fix it, so I could use some help from people who know what they're doing, and by extension, what I need to be doing. Thanks in advance!

Will give a review once you've responded to that user's reviews. Chances are you've missed it, so no mistake on your end, but by now he has actually suggested fixes. Afterwards, I will give my own input, as I do agree with him for the most part.

Archaevil (seriously it's on the front page of Advanced Multiples: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/368541-archaevil-ancient-evils-unawoken-agm-written-legacy/

I'm making a Ghostbusters themed archetype without Link monsters but it works in Link Format. I am trying to make a name and have no idea what to do. Best name I've made so far is Haunthunter, but that doesn't feel quite right. Some important features of the archetype

• They're DARK Thunder monsters with a side of Zombies
  • They have Fusions that can contact fuse by destroying Materials you control, but when Fusion Summoned or Special Summoned by their own effect they have a mandatory effect to destroys themselves and do a thing. 
  • The Field Spell can once per turn Special Summon a "" monster destroyed by a card effect (into not an Extra Monster Zone)
  • They have a Fusion Spell called "Crossing Streams" that can Special Summon a Fusion from the GY via GY checking for materials (like the anime Ancient Gear Scrap Fusion). 

Any ideas?

Even if it's on front page, just link it so Draco doesn't have to manually add it himself (though yes, it doesn't take that long to find it nowadays, considering post activity). 

I'm still designing stuff, but US/UM have me preoccupied (plus coursework), as well as some other matters that you may already know about. Hopefully I can add a new AGM archetype, however I do have to design outside the club because Konami isn't stopping for us. 

I'm writing an offsite fanfic, but I might ditch it due to schoolwork and lack of interest. I hate doing it, but yeah, I just don't have the drive for it, especially now that I'm literally three generations behind in terms of mechanics.

Also I need to do legacy thread. If it comes up, OCG will be written in series 10 (or however close I can get to it based on what I see on cards). That OCG thread in CC is somewhat slow to be updated, and there are usually exceptions. Rest of you can still use series 9 and stuff for your own works.

Archived