Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did my prompt for Metal-Spike seem OP to anyone?

Metal-Spike is an archetype much like Burgesstoma, in that they are all trap monsters. When activated, they summon themselves to the field, then immediately summon an XYZ monster from the extra deck using them as material. These XYZs, once per turn, can negate a summon or an effect that summons, but must keep their XYZ material. Good thing they can't be targeted for an attack and can't be destroyed by card effects, thanks to an inherited effect from the trap monster. In addition, while in the grave, they can attach themselves from the graveyard to an XYZ monster your opponent controls and give it this effect.

"During your End Phase: Discard 1 card."

Did my prompt for Metal-Spike seem OP to anyone?

Metal-Spike is an archetype much like Burgesstoma, in that they are all trap monsters. When activated, they summon themselves to the field, then immediately summon an XYZ monster from the extra deck using them as material. These XYZs, once per turn, can negate a summon or an effect that summons, but must keep their XYZ material. Good thing they can't be targeted for an attack and can't be destroyed by card effects, thanks to an inherited effect from the trap monster. In addition, while in the grave, they can attach themselves from the graveyard to an XYZ monster your opponent controls and give it this effect.

"During your End Phase: Discard 1 card."

Yeah, I saw that, looked OP af. I don't like the lockdown. You would have to put hard restrictions on these guys.

A sneak peek of the archetype (if anyone cares):

[spoiler=Show]

pYK44lv.jpg

Pendulum Effect:Once per turn: You can banish 1 "De La Rosa Negra" card in your hand; until your next Standby Phase, the effect(s) of all cards in either player's Graveyard are negated.

Monster Effect:When this card is Pendulum Summoned: You can banish the top card of your Deck; add 1 "De La Rosa Negra" card from your Deck to your hand. When this card is banished: You can Special Summon 1 "De La Rosa Negra" monster from your hand or Graveyard. You can only activate each of these effects of "De La Rosa Negra - Sisters Gina & Ramona" once per turn.

That archetype looks nice. I hope it has Banished Zone adding.

Anyway, although I have almost finished Primal Origin, I'm not happy with it. I feel I put too little effort into it, and it is 19 cards strong without adding the traps. I want to take a break and try another Archetype. Anyone have any Ritual/Fusion/Xyz archetypes they want doing?

I'm thinking of doing Nameless (which pretty much changes the names of other monsters to "Nameless"; see Action Card"), so yeah Japanese name will be "Nanashi". Should be on page 5 or something. (Though, only problem is that I'm tempted to name one of the bosses after a certain someone, but trying not to; should have a general idea of how to make it work though)

...I don't think the naming thing should be a problem, provided it's actually good. 

Another idea would be the last idea I pitched ("Carnicero de La Cabaña), but that would involve making an Archetype on Che (not that I have a problem with it much, but some people might not like it, and after writing my paper on him, less inclined on doing it). And Nyx, you now know what that is right?

Was that an archetype prompt, or should I put it with the gifts?

Also, Nyx, I still don't have a gift for you. Shivergami are a placeholder for Fabled, which is the one Deck I know you like- everything else I know about you, in terms of playstyle, amounts to "Destiny HERO", "banish things", "Fiends" and "LIGHT/DARK".

Also, Nyx, I still don't have a gift for you. Shivergami are a placeholder for Fabled, which is the one Deck I know you like- everything else I know about you, in terms of playstyle, amounts to "Destiny HERO", "banish things", "Fiends" and "LIGHT/DARK".

You've added my archetypes that were never prompts to begin with.

It's okay; you needn't worry about it.

Usually the archetypes I lean towards are either occult or classy.

[spoiler=for Nyx, Shadow Dragoons]

Shadow Dragoon Dorian

Level 4

DARK

Warrior/Effect

ATK: 1600 DEF: 0

You can Special Summon this card(from your hand or graveyard) by banishing 1 "Shadow Dragoon" monster from your Graveyard. Any card this card destroys is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 Spell/Trap card on the field; Banish it.

Shadow Dragoon Ciaran

Level 4

DARK

Warrior/Effect

You can Special Summon this card(from your hand or graveyard) by banishing 1 "Shadow Dragoon" monster from your Graveyard. Any card this card destroys is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can send 1 "Shadow Dragoon" card from your Deck to the Graveyard; This card gains 500 ATK this turn.

Shadow Dragoon Zaros

Level 4

DARK

Warrior/Effect

You can Special Summon this card(from your hand or graveyard) by banishing 1 "Shadow Dragoon" monster from your Graveyard. Any card this card destroys is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 banished "Shadow Dragoon" monster.

Shadow Dragoon Osmere

Level 4

DARK

Warrior/Effect

You can Special Summon this card(from your hand or graveyard) by banishing 1 "Shadow Dragoon" monster from your graveyard. Any card this card destroys is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; Destroy it.

Shadow Dragoon Kristoph

Level 4

DARK

Warrior/Effect

You can Special Summon this card(from your hand or graveyard) by banishing 1 "Shadow Dragoon" monster from your Graveyard. Any card this card destroys is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can pay 500 LP; Return up to 3 banished "Shadow Dragoon" cards to your Graveyard.

Thoughts?

[spoiler=for Nyx, Shadow Dragoons]

Shadow Dragoon Dorian

Level 4

DARK

Warrior/Effect

You can Special Summon this card(from your hand or graveyard) by banishing 1 "Shadow Dragoon" monster from your Graveyard. Any card this card destroys is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 Spell/Trap card on the field; Banish it.

Shadow Dragoon Ciaran

Level 4

DARK

Warrior/Effect

You can Special Summon this card(from your hand or graveyard) by banishing 1 "Shadow Dragoon" monster from your Graveyard. Any card this card destroys is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can send 1 "Shadow Dragoon" card from your Deck to the Graveyard; This card gains 500 ATK this turn.

Shadow Dragoon Zaros

Level 4

DARK

Warrior/Effect

You can Special Summon this card(from your hand or graveyard) by banishing 1 "Shadow Dragoon" monster from your Graveyard. Any card this card destroys is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 banished "Shadow Dragoon" monster.

Shadow Dragoon Osmere

Level 4

DARK

Warrior/Effect

You can Special Summon this card(from your hand or graveyard) by banishing 1 "Shadow Dragoon" monster from your graveyard. Any card this card destroys is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; Destroy it.

Shadow Dragoon Kristoph

Level 4

DARK

Warrior/Effect

You can Special Summon this card(from your hand or graveyard) by banishing 1 "Shadow Dragoon" monster from your Graveyard. Any card this card destroys is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can pay 500 LP; Return up to 3 banished "Shadow Dragoon" cards to your Graveyard.

Thoughts?

Oooh!

Fun premise! They're also each a small Dark Magician of Chaos! Though, I'm not sure how they relate to what you posted prior.

Archived