Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to assume that he either didn't see you call it (whenever you did), OR knew about it otherwise and decided to go through with it anyway. 

Cmon, Sakura. I stopped trolling... For the most part. Well... It technically is April Fools day so... =P

And no, I didn't see the post until now.

When I say that I call Numerix 107; and you go ahead and make it anyways, Yuuji.

Sorry about that, I missed the initial reservation post. I'll be changing the number.

As an apologetic offering, I put dots on your Numerix 14 just for you:

ny2ewOM.jpeg

Sorry about that, I missed the initial reservation post. I'll be changing the number.

Thank you.

As an apologetic offering, I put dots on your Numerix 14 just for you:

ny2ewOM.jpeg

Oh; thank you.

And now for Numerix 107:

[spoiler=Show]

OgwtGEa.jpg

LORE:2 Level 6 monsters

Cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 monster on the field; it loses 300 ATK and DEF and this card gains that monster's effect. When this card is returned to the Extra Deck: You can banish up to 2 cards that are face-up in your opponent's Extra Deck.

Though, should I post it in it's own separate thread?

And before anything occurs, I want your input, everyone. Is it underpowered? Overpowered? Is something off about it? I want this card to be solid.

Thank you.

Oh; thank you.

And now for Numerix 107:

[spoiler=Show]

OgwtGEa.jpg

Cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 monster on the field; it loses 300 ATK and DEF and this card gains that monster's effect. When this card is returned to the Extra Deck: You can banish up to 2 cards that are face-up in your opponent's Extra Deck.

Though, should I post it in it's own separate thread?

And before anything occurs, I want your input, everyone. Is it underpowered? Overpowered? Is something off about it? I want this card to be solid.

Post it in it's own separate thread.

So it steals the effects of other monsters, but doesn't negate their effects. You might as well as change the OPT to a OPT, during either player's turn instead. It makes it more powerful, but not overpowered.

The ATK and DEF decrease seems a little pointless for only being 300, as a 3000 attacker can still squish this card down with 2700 ATK. The last effect is more situational as it needs another effect to return it to the Extra Deck, and would only be effective against Pendulums. It's not a bad card, but I just can't really think of deck that'll be willing to use this card in the Main. At most, it'll be probably stuck as a side-deck card.

I would recommend re-planning on this card. It's not a bad card, but it just doesn't feel like a card that someone will be willing to spend resources to make.

Post it in it's own separate thread.

So it steals the effects of other monsters, but doesn't negate their effects. You might as well as change the OPT to a OPT, during either player's turn instead. It makes it more powerful, but not overpowered.

The ATK and DEF decrease seems a little pointless for only being 300, as a 3000 attacker can still squish this card down with 2700 ATK. The last effect is more situational as it needs another effect to return it to the Extra Deck, and would only be effective against Pendulums. It's not a bad card, but I just can't really think of deck that'll be willing to use this card in the Main. At most, it'll be probably stuck as a side-deck card.

I would recommend re-planning on this card. It's not a bad card, but it just doesn't feel like a card that someone will be willing to spend resources to make.

Alright. How's this?

[spoiler=Show]

ot2nmBv.jpg

Cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 monster on the field; it loses 1000 ATK and DEF, its effect is negated, and this card gains that monster's effect. When this card is removed from the field: You can banish up to 2 cards on the field.

Alright. How's this?

[spoiler=Show]

ot2nmBv.jpg

Cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 monster on the field; it loses 1000 ATK and DEF, its effect is negated, and this card gains that monster's effect. When this card is removed from the field: You can banish up to 2 cards on the field.

A little too powerful with the banish x2. I'd recommend downing it to 1 only.

1000 ATK and DEF becomes a lot. Since you already changed it to during either's player's turn, might as well as lower it to a decrease of 500. Don't make it so you can negate the opponent's effect, just allow it to maintain the stealing effect.

How about this:

"Cannot be destroyed by an opponent's card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 monster on the field; it loses 500 ATK and DEF, and this card gains that monster's effect. When this card is removed from the field by an opponent's card effect: You can banish 1 card on the field face-down."

Your opponent would have a chance to play around the card, as opposed to him being forced to receive a minus whenever this card is removed from the field.

A little too powerful with the banish x2. I'd recommend downing it to 1 only.

1000 ATK and DEF becomes a lot. Since you already changed it to during either's player's turn, might as well as lower it to a decrease of 500. Don't make it so you can negate the opponent's effect, just allow it to maintain the stealing effect.

How about this:

"Cannot be destroyed by an opponent's card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 monster on the field; it loses 500 ATK and DEF, and this card gains that monster's effect. When this card is removed from the field by an opponent's card effect: You can banish 1 card on the field face-down."

Your opponent would have a chance to play around the card, as opposed to him being forced to receive a minus whenever this card is removed from the field.

Maybe.

I was just taking into consideration this:

.it just doesn't feel like a card that someone will be willing to spend resources to make.

I just can't really think of deck that'll be willing to use this card in the Main.

Also: Why face-down? Isn't it almost always emphasized that it should never be incorporated into a card to punish your opponent?

Maybe.

I was just taking into consideration this:

Also: Why face-down? Isn't it almost always emphasized that it should never be incorporated into a card to punish your opponent?

Because it only punishes your opponent for taking the easy way out such as using Ignister or Castel for the banish FD, but not punishing them to the point that they have no way of making a comeback. By forcing your opponent to remove it by battle, it supports the first effect of decreasing an opponent's monster's stats.

I was thinking that having the effects synergize with each other makes it a lot more interesting and likable to play with, without being broken. There's still ways to play around this card, because the effect is limited to OPT.

You can not include the banish FD if you'd like, because that part is fairly minor. It's only as to prevent Kozmos from coming back.

This helps you get back your value from the investment of 2 Level 6's.

Because it only punishes your opponent for taking the easy way out such as using Ignister or Castel for the banish FD, but not punishing them to the point that they have no way of making a comeback. By forcing your opponent to remove it by battle, it supports the first effect of decreasing an opponent's monster's stats.

But if I remember well, it's harder to recover face-down banished cards. Plus, this triggers the effect when it's removed from the field.

I was thinking that having the effects synergize with each other makes it a lot more interesting and likable to play with, without being broken. There's still ways to play around this card, because the effect is limited to OPT.

Yeah; that's another reason I was iffy about the changes.

You can not include the banish FD if you'd like, because that part is fairly minor. It's only as to prevent Kozmos from coming back.

Alright; I think I can do that with 1 banish per removal, so long as the effect doesn't target. Is Kozmotown one of those scenarios where face-doen banished cards can't be recovered?

But if I remember well, it's harder to recover face-down banished cards. Plus, this triggers the effect when it's removed from the field.

Yeah; that's another reason I was iffy about the changes.

Erm... Yeah. Omega is still here but that's about it. Banishing 1 card FD isn't really that bad. The effect only triggers by an opponent's card effect, not by battle. 

What made the changes iffy?

Erm... Omega is still here, and banishing 1 card FD isn't really that bad.

So does that mean Kozmotown still recovers them?

The effect only triggers by an opponent's card effect, not by battle.

Not necessarily; remember Gusto Gulldos?

What made the changes iffy?

Never mind. I guess I was thinking too hard about something.

So does that mean Kozmotown still recovers them?

Not necessarily; remember Gusto Gulldos?

Never mind. I guess I was thinking too hard about something.

What about Gulldos?

"Cannot be destroyed by an opponent's card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 monster on the field; it loses 500 ATK and DEF, and this card gains that monster's effect. When this card is removed from the field by an opponent's card effect: You can banish 1 card on the field face-down."

It has to be by an opponent's card effect to resolve the banish FD effect, not by battle.

What about Gulldos?

It has to be by an opponent's card effect to resolve the banish FD effect, not by battle.

Oh; I was referring to the original effect. But in that aspect, when you brought up Kozmo, this wouldn't really hurt them, either (a at least not the Machine-Type monsters), as they can still attack this.

Oh; I was referring to the original effect. But in that aspect, when you brought up Kozmo, this wouldn't really hurt them, either (a at least not the Machine-Type monsters), as they can still attack this.

Ah, that's correct.

How about changing the FD banish effect to a normal banish, and making the effect copy and stat decrease effect non-target, while making the banish effect target?

Ah, that's correct.

How about changing the FD banish effect to a normal banish, and making the effect copy and stat decrease effect non-target, while making the banish effect target?

Almost. That really only swaps the target and non target of two effects.

Also: You never answered this. Does Kozmotown recover face-down banished cards?

It shouldn't be able to recover face-down cards since you don't know what the identity of said card is. Only stuff that can recover FD banished cards is Necroface and some other stuff that isn't usable nowadays. 

Not true. The OCG ruling allows the player who controls the banished FD cards to check their identity, but the opponent cannot. The TCG doesn't allow either players to check the identity of the FD cards. 

http://forum.ygopro.us/index.php?/topic/734-banished-face-down/

So I guess banished FD Kozmos can be fetched in the OCG, but not TCG.

Not true. The OCG ruling allows the player who controls the banished FD cards to check their identity, but the opponent cannot. The TCG doesn't allow either players to check the identity of the FD cards.

http://forum.ygopro.us/index.php?/topic/734-banished-face-down/

So I guess banished FD Kozmos can be fetched in the OCG, but not TCG.

Good enough for me; they're really only present in TCG.

I'm PMing evilfusion about the matter, since the last post in that thread seems to suggest otherwise. But yeah, assume that this is done on TCG's thing: most members here are TCG players; Winter and a few other members are the exceptions in OCG play.

The rulings considering face-down banished cards were changed, because they could lead to illegal activations and unrecoverable game states. For example, activating an optional search effect requires you to have targets for the search in the deck. So you need to keep track of the available targets in your deck. Now, if some of these targets are banished face-down and you are unable to confirm them, you could get into a situation, where you activated a search effect, then searched your deck, then realized, all your search targets are banished face-down and you couldn't have activated the search in the first place. This is not unrecoverable, but now lets assume, your opponent chained negation to the search, so you don't get to check the deck. Now a couple of turns later you search again, and you realize, you couldn't have activated the search effect a couple of turns before, so your opponent couldn'/wouldn't have needed to chain negation. Bam, unrecoverable game state that could have been avoided by the ability to check face-down banished cards.

---> From a user on the YGOpro forum. But it makes sense.

I'd prefer to wait for evilfusion's thing on the matter; I trust him more than some user on YGOPro saying this. But if TCG did change the ruling on that, then fine.

Just double check on it because the format split does bring some confusion at times, although it should be clear that this is a TCG format. 

-----

Oh right, and Yuuji, you should fix 107 in the generics thread, given you did change its number. 

Another side note that I will add about stuff in Custom Cards; even though Konami does make cards that can make OTKs, it does not mean that you should be doing it either. This is something that Black (presumably) wrote as a general standard (which we retained since then), and it makes sense. I don't think shadow understood that part in the rulebook, because it's been written there for the longest time. 

Just make the card strong enough for the effort that it requires, but don't push it over the edge. Right now, the current version is fine. 

Archived