Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

I'd prefer to wait for evilfusion's thing on the matter; I trust him more than some user on YGOPro saying this. But if TCG did change the ruling on that, then fine.

Just double check on it because the format split does bring some confusion at times, although it should be clear that this is a TCG format. 

-----

Oh right, and Yuuji, you should fix 107 in the generics thread, given you did change its number. 

Another side note that I will add about stuff in Custom Cards; even though Konami does make cards that can make OTKs, it does not mean that you should be doing it either. This is something that Black (presumably) wrote as a general standard (which we retained since then), and it makes sense. I don't think shadow understood that part in the rulebook, because it's been written there for the longest time. 

Just make the card strong enough for the effort that it requires, but don't push it over the edge. Right now, the current version is fine. 

Wait... The current or the final? I've re-edited it again, btw. 0_0

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The current version (at least the last time I saw it); last version I saw was about maybe 2 hours ago. I'll need to look at it again. 

About the standard; Is there really a problem creating a card that is capable of OTK's? I really can't see how it makes sense, if Konami, like the legitimate creators, do it. As long as it doesn't break the balance of the game, and serves as a signature/ace monster for a deck, shouldn't it be fine?

You probably know how much crap EmEm got for being able to generate OTKs and massive card advantage out of nowhere (among other Decks). Basically, the idea is something that can function properly but not end up being a walking game-ender on its own. Look at this way, would you like to be on the receiving end of an OTK?

We did have something like Overdragon/Overload Fusion, yes (although I'm a bit hazy about how the gamestate was back during its release period).

In your card's original case, it did require some time to set up (well, 3 detaches worth), but given what it could already do at the time (and especially factoring in our own meta at present), it would certainly have that time to get ready. Double attacking was fine, but not doubling the battle damage inflicted on top of it. 

If it hasn't been made apparent at some points in time, people don't agree with how Konami designs certain stuff nowadays. That's why they either design their own banlists or design their own format so they can limit the amount of OTKs that occur, because OTKs are not fun if you're on the receiving end. Of course, it is your responsibility to prepare for it otherwise. 

One-card OTKs aren't fun (in your case, it was a 5000 ATK monster with double damage/attack capacities with everything considered). 

------

tl;dr, Custom Cards is designed for cards that can survive in today's game, but something that people will be fine facing. 

You probably know how much crap EmEm got for being able to generate OTKs and massive card advantage out of nowhere (among other Decks). Basically, the idea is something that can function properly but not end up being a walking game-ender on its own. Look at this way, would you like to be on the receiving end of an OTK?

We did have something like Overdragon/Overload Fusion, yes (although I'm a bit hazy about how the gamestate was back during its release period).

In your card's original case, it did require some time to set up (well, 3 detaches worth), but given what it could already do at the time (and especially factoring in our own meta at present), it would certainly have that time to get ready. Double attacking was fine, but not doubling the battle damage inflicted on top of it. 

If it hasn't been made apparent at some points in time, people don't agree with how Konami designs certain stuff nowadays. That's why they either design their own banlists or design their own format so they can limit the amount of OTKs that occur, because OTKs are not fun if you're on the receiving end. Of course, it is your responsibility to prepare for it otherwise. 

One-card OTKs aren't fun (in your case, it was a 5000 ATK monster with double damage/attack capacities with everything considered). 

------

tl;dr, Custom Cards is designed for cards that can survive in today's game, but something that people will be fine facing. 

But even you admit that it requires 3 detaches worth before reaching the last Counter.

The amount of resources factored into making this card is definitely going to be costly. Can you name me a meta deck/archetype that can easily make this guy without using a ton of resources? Also, considering the meta, isn't there a lot of ways to get rid of this guy before he reaches the third counter? Or otherwise, getting rid of the monsters required to make this card so this doesn't even get Summoned?

Also, the Neo Blue Eyes Ultimate being released can attack 3 times, and no one is complaining about that. Also contains targeting protection for itself.

I got a response from evilfusion about face-down banished cards for TCG; you likely can look at what cards you have, BUT in terms of Kozmotown, you can't. 

No, they won't be able to use effects that have a specific criteria of what can be affected (and the majority of cards that interact with banished cards have a criteria).

In order to interact with a facedown banished card, the effect must simply say "card" without any additional stipulations, such as Primal Seed, or Necroface.

If it specifies a card type (Monster, Spell, Trap), card stats (Level, ATK, DEF, Type, etc), or card name ("Kozmo"), it cannot interact with a facedown banished card, because the game state isn't able to confirm the card's identity, even if a player KNOWS that the card fulfills the requirement.

In short, TCG can check its banished cards (at least until another ruling is issued otherwise), but in terms of the above situation, it won't work. 

I got a response from evilfusion about face-down banished cards for TCG; you likely can look at what cards you have, BUT in terms of Kozmotown, you can't. 

In short, TCG can check its banished cards (at least until another ruling is issued otherwise), but in terms of the above situation, it won't work. 

Alright; thank you Sakura.

Because TCG/OCG have different rulings on certain mechanics (even though AGM is pretty much TCG-oriented), just need to double check on the matter in case any of our cards indeed involve face-down banished cards and whatnot.

Also, Show Jumpers are technically up (I made the thread a few days earlier, but was refining stuff and kept it hidden until I was ready to post it).

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/300885-sakura-agm-clear-away-the-obstacles-show-jumpers-6/

(There are no pictures, but you can scroll back 1-2 pages for the ones I c/p'd from my Wikia)

[spoiler=Show]

Ej5gAac.jpg

2 Level 6 monsters
Cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 monster on the field; it loses 300 ATK and DEF, its effect is negated, and this card gains that monster's effect. When this card is removed from the field: You can banish 1 card on the field face-down.

Or should I just change the ATK/DEF decrease to non-target while the removed from the field effect to "When this card is removed from the field by an opponent's card effect"?

Wonder if Nyx even saw the card that they ironically predicted in advance within TCG.

But of course; I just haven't posted yet.

It's bitter-sweet to see this card's release. I'm disappointed in the cost. I can already pay up to 6500 with Solemn Notice. I don't want to risk 3000 for Cosmic Cyclone.

800 LP might've been a better cost, but supposedly Konami thought any lower than 1K would lead to abuse. (Although not like a lot of players would mind paying the cost to banish something).

Suppose you could test out your version + this one to see if the costs really make a marked difference in the long run.

----

Oh right, isn't Notice only up to 4500 (1500 x 3)? Unless Warning or something is factored in too.

I'll leave this for the generic AGM pool (effects should be big enough for you to view without me having to type)

[spoiler=Because we predicted them long before Nirvana was even a thing]

zED4oT4.jpg

There is a Yveltal counterpart to this, but that one is literally "blow the hell outta things" and is a Scale 0. It'll be added once I make some fixes to it.

I'll leave this for the generic AGM pool (effects should be big enough for you to view without me having to type)

[spoiler=Because we predicted them long before Nirvana was even a thing]

zED4oT4.jpg

There is a Yveltal counterpart to this, but that one is literally "blow the hell outta things" and is a Scale 0. It'll be added once I make some fixes to it.

Oh yeah; I made quite a few.

[spoiler=Show]

UCY1fAG.jpg

Pendulum Effect:All LIGHT monsters on the field lose 500 ATK and DEF. Negate the effects of all banished cards.

Monster Effect:2 Tuners + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

Negate the effects of all cards in either player's Graveyard. Neither player can activate card effects during the Battle Phase. During your Main Phase: You can place this card in an empty Pendulum Card Zone. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 Life Points and banish the top 2 cards of your Deck; banish 1 monster on the field. During each of your End Phases: Pay 1000 Life Points or send this card to the Graveyard.

[spoiler=Show]

k4pgtAO.png

Pendulum Effect:LIGHT and DARK monsters on the field lose 300 ATK and DEF.

Monster Effect:1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

During your Main Phase: You can place this card in an empty Pendulum Card Zone. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 monster from your Graveyard or face-up from your Extra Deck into your Deck; Activate 1 of the following effects:

● Change the Battle Position of 1 face-up monster on the field.

● Destroy 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field.

[spoiler=Show]

ABHKIyv.png

Pendulum Effect:Cannot be destroyed by card effects. During each of your End Phases, pay 500 Life Points or send this card to the Graveyard.

Monster Effect:2 Tuner monsters + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

During your Main Phase: You can place this card in an empty Pendulum Card Zone. This card is unaffected by your opponent's Trap effects. Once per turn: You can pay 1500 Life Points and discard 1 card; take control of 1 face-up monster your opponent controls. During each of your End Phases: Pay 500 Life Points or destroy this card.

I'll get on those in a bit.

I just realized that, at least thus far, the D-Order has 2 monsters they can't Pendulum Summon, due to both Summoning restrictions and their Levels being outside the shared Scale: Divine Double Blader (Main Deck, Level 10, a rip on Slifer and Ra simultaneously) and First Dame (Fusion, Level 9, a rip on First of the Dragons).

I kinda want to finish the trio with a vanilla (as in, not also a Pendulum) Synchro D-Order monster.

So, let's see, a Synchro Dragon or pseudo-dragon that's Level 9 or higher, that I haven't already used a member of its archetype (so that outs the Majestic duo, as Majesty's Attendant is a thing, all evolutions of Stardust, so no Quasar or Shooting Star) . . . apparently I'm down to making a D-Order RDA evolution (Red Nova and Tyrant look somewhat fun, but would both restrict me to more divine imagery), a D-Order Trishula (fun, but probably not good for our weird gamestate) or a D-Order Star Eater (tempting, but that would literally restrict it to some kind of goddess-based name, as Divine Double Blader is a 10 and Star Eater is an 11). Suggestions?

Ideally, one based on combos- "wombo combo", anyone?- that is prone to huge, somewhat difficult, but utterly badass plays. Basically, think an archetype composed of things like Zushin, Ra, Armityle, and Trishula- kinda difficult to Summon, but very satisfying to do so- and enablers for the clunky big guys.

[spoiler=MLG archetype as of now]

MLG Snoop Dog

Level 6

FIRE

Warrior/Effect

ATK: 2300 DEF: 1100

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "MLG" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to Hand. You can discard 1 "MLG" monster; Draw 2 cards. You can only use this effect of "MLG Snoop Dog" once per turn, and only once that turn.

MLG Shrek

Level 6

FIRE

Fiend/Effect

ATK: 2300 DEF: 1100

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Once per turn: You can pay 500 LP, then reveal 3 "MLG" monsters to your opponent from your Deck, except "MLG Shrek"; Your opponent chooses 1 of those monsters and it is special summoned to your side of the field, then the rest are sent to the Graveyard.

----

MLG Compilation

Continuous spell

You can only control 1 "MLG Compilation." Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "MLG" monster from your Hand. Once per turn: You can banish 1 "MLG" card from your Graveyard; Add 1 "MLG" card from your Deck to Hand with the same name as the banished card.

MLG Noscope

Quickplay spell

Activate only if you control an "MLG" monster. Destroy 1 card your opponent controls, and if you do, banish it face-down. You can only use 1 "MLG Noscope" per turn.

MLG Energy Supplements

Quickplay spell

"MLG" monsters are unaffected by your opponent's card effects this turn. All "MLG" monsters you control gain 500 ATK this turn.

MLG Farmland

Field Spell

All "MLG" monsters gain 200 ATK times the number of "MLG" monsters on the field. When an "MLG" monster you control battles an opponent's monster: Gain 1000 LP at the end of the Damage Step. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 LP; Apply 1 of these effects.

-Draw 1 card.

-Special Summon 1 "MLG" monster from your Hand or Graveyard.

Thoughts?

Archived