Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could one of you guys do me a favor and create a solid Deck profile for the Darkhorse archetype? I want to get something done with the Deck, but I can't trust myself not to just run everything and hope for the best.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/327483-darkhorse/

Will do. This includes all the stuff we've got in the card pool, right?

I honestly just believe they need more members, but I couldn't advise you on how to make said members.

Also, I noticed something pretty funny, Nyx. Your "Knightmare" archetype inadvertently supports "Darkhorse Knightmare", a card I forgot about until recently.

I honestly just believe they need more members, but I couldn't advise you on how to make said members.

I know; I just want input on how to make later members is all.

Also, I noticed something pretty funny, Nyx. Your "Knightmare" archetype inadvertently supports "Darkhorse Knightmare", a card I forgot about until recently.

How so?

Well, for an Xyz archetype, Level matchers (or just more monsters of the same Level) are ideal. Also, in case you need banishables, perhaps creating cards that benefit from being banished, or better yet help recur banished cards, would speed things along.

Darkhorse Knightmare is potential Fusion Material for the premier Knightmare Fusion, and is searchable and revivable by Knightmare support. In a sense, one DARK Level 6 Beast-Warrior makes for an unintended GEPD- it's part of two archetypes at once.

Well, for an Xyz archetype, Level matchers (or just more monsters of the same Level) are ideal. Also, in case you need banishables, perhaps creating cards that benefit from being banished, or better yet help recur banished cards, would speed things along.

Okie.

Darkhorse Knightmare is potential Fusion Material for the premier Knightmare Fusion, and is searchable and revivable by Knightmare support. In a sense, one DARK Level 6 Beast-Warrior makes for an unintended GEPD- it's part of two archetypes at once.

Kind of like Speedroid and roid?

It's in spoiler tags here, and depending upon Melon's overview I may add a few and edit more, before reuploading the entire archetype. Also, perhaps one of you could suggest a new Synchro to make its ED slightly more accessible, or some more Main Deck members to make the existing Synchros easier to access.

[spoiler= Darkhorse v. 1.04]

Darkhorse Thoroughbred

DARK - Level 4 - Beast/Effect - 1600/1400

If you control no "Darkhorse" monsters, you can reveal 1 "Darkhorse" card in your hand, except this card, to Special Summon this monster from your hand. If this monster inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points: Select 1 Level 4 or lower "Darkhorse" monster you control- it can attack directly this turn.

Darkhorse Charger

DARK - Level 4 - Beast/Effect - 1500/1400

If you Special Summon a "Darkhorse" monster, except "Darkhorse Charger", you can Special Summon this monster from your hand. This monster inflicts piercing Battle Damage. If this monster inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points: Send the top card of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard.

Darkhorse Colt

DARK - Level 3 - Beast/Tuner/Effect - 800/500

If you control 2 or more "Darkhorse" monsters, you can Special Summon this monster from your hand. If this monster inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, you can add 1 "Darkhorse" card from your Deck to your hand.

Darkhorse Mare

DARK - Level 4 - Beast/Tuner/Effect - 1200/1800

Once per turn, you can change this monster's Battle Position to Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Darkhorse" monster from your Graveyard- its effects are negated the turn this effect was activated. If this monster inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, increase the ATK of all "Darkhorse" monsters you control by 300.

Darkhorse Charioteer

DARK - Level 3 - Beast/Effect - 400/1700

When this monster is Special Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Darkhorse" monster from your hand or Graveyard. If this monster inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, select one Level 4 or lower "Darkhorse" monster you control: it can attack twice this turn.

Darkhorse Racehorse

DARK - Level 4 - Beast/Tuner/Effect - 1600/1000

If you control 1 Level 5 or higher "Darkhorse" monster, and you have at least 1 unoccupied Monster Card Zone, you can Special Summon this monster from your hand or Graveyard. You can only activate this effect of "Darkhorse Racehorse" once per turn. If this monster inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, select and activate one of the following effects:

•Target 1 "Darkhorse" monster in your Graveyard: Special Summon it in Defense Position, but its Level becomes 3 until the End Phase of this turn.

•Target 1 "Darkhorse" Spell or Trap Card in your Graveyard: add it to your hand.

Darkhorse War Horse

DARK - Level 5 - Beast/Effect - 2100/1800

When a "Darkhorse" monster you control attacks or is attacked, you can Special Summon this monster from your hand. You can only Special Summon 1 "Darkhorse War Horse" per turn. If this monster inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points in a battle involving your opponent's monster, double the amount of damage inflicted.

Darkhorse Knightmare

DARK - Level 6 - Beast-Warrior/Effect - 2400/1800

If this is the only "Darkhorse" monster in your hand, you can Special Summon it: you must control 2 or more "Darkhorse" monsters in your Graveyard to resolve this effect. Increase this monster's ATK and DEF by 200 for every card in your opponent's Graveyard. If this monster inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, select one card at random from your opponent's hand and send it to the Graveyard.

Darkhorse Stallion

DARK - Level 4 - Beast/Effect - 1800/1200

You can Special Summon this monster from your hand by discarding 1 "Darkhorse" card from your hand to the Graveyard. Increase this monster's ATK and DEF by 100 for every "Darkhorse" monster you control. If this monster inflicts Battle Damage, look at the top 3 cards of your opponent's Deck, and send 1 to the Graveyard.

Darkhorse Teaser

DARK - Level 2 - Beast/Effect - 600/300

If your opponent declares an attack on a face-up "Darkhorse" monster you control, you can Special Summon this monster in Defense Position to negate the attack and destroy all monsters your opponent controls in face-up Attack Position. If this monster was Special Summoned this way, banish it when it leaves the field. If this monster inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, send 1 card on the field to its original owner's hand.

Darkhorse Pacer

DARK - Level 1 - Beast/Tuner/Effect - 500/0

If a monster you control is destroyed or Tributed, and this monster is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this monster from your Graveyard. If this monster inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, your opponent must send 1 Spell Card from their hand or side of the field to the Graveyard: If they cannot, you can shuffle 1 card your opponent controls into their Deck. You can only activate each effect of "Darkhorse Pacer" once per turn.

Darkhorse Pegasus

DARK - Level 7 - Winged Beast/Synchro/Effect - 2400/2500

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this monster is Synchro Summoned successfully, shuffle one card from your Graveyard into your Deck. If this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, negate and destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on your opponent's side of the field.

Darkhorse Unicorn

DARK - Level 7 - Beast/Effect - 2600/2300

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this monster is Special Summoned successfully, draw 1 card. If this monster inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, send the bottom card of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard.

Darkhorse Centaur

DARK - Level 7 - Beast-Warrior/Synchro/Effect - 2450/2450

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Darkhorse" monsters

When this monster is Synchro Summoned successfully, send the top card of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard. If this monster inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, destroy 1 card on your opponent's side of the field.

Darkhorse Alpha Centaur

DARK - Level 8 - Beast-Warrior/Synchro/Effect - 2600/2600

1 "Darkhorse" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

This monster must first be Synchro Summoned from your Extra Deck using the above Synchro Materials. The Synchro Summon of this monster cannot be negated. When this monster is Special Summoned successfully, send the top 2 cards of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard. If this monster inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, negate and destroy 1 card on your opponent's side of the field.

Darkhorse Sagittarius

DARK - Level 8 - Beast-Warrior/Synchro/Effect - 2800/2400

1 "Darkhorse" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Darkhorse" monsters

This monster must be Synchro Summoned using the above Synchro Materials, and cannot be Summoned by other ways. The Synchro Summon of this monster cannot be negated. You take no damage from battles involving this monster. If this monster battles a monster with 0 ATK, negate that monster's effect and banish it without calculating Battle Damage. Once per turn, you can discard 1 "Darkhorse" card from your hand to reduce the ATK and DEF of 1 monster your opponent controls to 0. If this monster inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, select 1 card in your opponent's Deck and send it to the Graveyard. Your opponent then shuffles their Deck afterward.

Darkhorse Sleipnir

DARK - Level 7 - Beast/Fusion/Effect - 2000/2000

You can Fusion Summon this monster by sending any 2 "Darkhorse" monsters you control to the Graveyard (You do not use "Polymerization"). Increase this monster's ATK and DEF by half the combined ATK and DEF of the Fusion Material monsters used to Fusion Summon this monster. If this monster inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, draw 1 card.

Darkhorse Cavalry

DARK - Level 8 - Beast-Warrior/Fusion/Effect - 2800/2100

"Darkhorse Knightmare" + 1 "Darkhorse" monster

You can Fusion Summon this monster (from your Graveyard or Extra Deck) by sending the above Fusion Material monsters to the Graveyard. This monster cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Increase this monster's ATK and DEF by 300 for every card in your opponent's Graveyard. If this monster inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, your opponent must discard their hand to the Graveyard, then draw an equal number of cards from their Deck to the number of cards they discarded.

Darkhorse Victory

DARK - Level 9 - Winged Beast/Fusion/Effect - 3500/3400

"Darkhorse Pegasus" + "Darkhorse Unicorn"

You can only Fusion Summon this monster (from your Graveyard or Extra Deck) by sending the above Fusion Material monsters you control to your Graveyard. This monster cannot be Summoned by other ways. When this monster is Summoned successfully, flip all cards on your opponent's side of the field face-up: Negate all effects this activates, and destroy all Trap Cards on your opponent's side of the field. If this monster inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, send the bottom card of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard.

Darkhorse Stables

Continuous Spell

Increase the ATK and DEF of all "Darkhorse" monsters by 300. If 2 or more "Darkhorse" monsters are destroyed and sent to the Graveyard in the same turn, you can Special Summon 1 "Darkhorse" monster from your Graveyard during the End Phase of this turn.

Darkhorse Stampede

Trap Card

Send 2 "Darkhorse" monsters you control to the Graveyard: Destroy up to 3 cards your opponent controls. If you control 3 or more "Darkhorse" monsters, you can activate this card from your hand.

Darkhorse Corral

Continuous Spell

When a "Darkhorse" monster is destroyed, add 1 "Darkhorse" card from your Deck to your hand.

Herding Darkhorse

Quick-Play Spell

Reveal 1 "Darkhorse" card in your hand to add 1 "Darkhorse" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. If you that monster is still in your hand during the End Phase of this turn, you can draw 1 card: You must control at least 2 "Darkhorse" monsters to resolve this effect. You can only activate 1 "Herding Darkhorse" per turn.

Darkhorse Rush

Trap Card

All "Darkhorse" monsters you control can attack directly this turn. If you activate this effect, all damage inflicted by "Darkhorse" monsters this turn becomes 300.

Tragic Darkhorse

Counter Trap

Only activate this card when a "Darkhorse" monster you control is destroyed or banished by your opponent's card effect. Inflict 800 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points and destroy up to 3 Spell and/or Trap Cards your opponent controls.

Ensemble Darkhorse

Continuous Spell

Once per turn, select 1 "Darkhorse" monster you control- it is unaffected by your opponent's card effects until the End Phase of your opponent's turn.

Darkhorse Range

Field Spell

All "Darkhorse" monsters gain 200 ATK and DEF. Every time a "Darkhorse" monster is Special Summoned, add 1 Grass Counter to this card. Once per turn, you can remove 1 Grass Counter from this card to increase the ATK of one "Darkhorse" monster you control by 600.

Second Lap

Continuous Spell

As long as this card is face-up on the field, if a "Darkhorse" monster you control destroys a monster in battle, your opponent must discard 1 card from their hand. Both players draw 1 card every time a "Darkhorse" monster is Special Summoned.

Darkhorse Publicity

Continuous Trap

You can only activate this card if there are at least 3 face-up "Darkhorse" monsters on the field. If, during your Standby Phase, there are no face-up "Darkhorse" monsters, destroy this card. As long as this card is face-up on the field, your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards during the Battle Phase. Once per turn, if your opponent uses a card effect that negates an attack, you can negate that effect.

Ok, so I got a decklist for ya Draco!

Monsters:

2 Thoroughbred

1 Charger

3 Colt

3 Mare

1 Charioteer

2 Racehorse

1 War Horse

2 Knightmare (You're probably not gonna SS this guy by its eff, but it's only 1 tribute anyway)

3 Stallion (You've also gotta say where the other cards go once you mill the 1 card)

3 Teaser

Spells/Traps:

1 Stables

2 Stampede

2 Corral

3 Herding

2 Rush

2 Tragic

3 Second Lap

1 Raigeki

And either:

1 Soul Charge + 2 Solemn Strike + 1 Bottomless

-OR-

3 CotH + 1 TwiTwi

All in all, looks pretty fair. I'll make the edit tomorrow, and maybe add a new Synchro that isn't 7 or 8.

I have to ask why only the one Charger. I had nearly assumed it was going to be the goto @3 for Darkhorses, given that it can piggyback off all the SS power the archetype has. Not that I disagree with what you've suggested, but maybe some reasoning would be cool.

You plan on finding pics for them, Draco? (Though not sure if Google will have a lot for you to take; either that, or you end up ripping off some of the CFV stuff; Flash Step's art literally comes from there).

I'll get to working on that Numerix later on (then again, I need to prepare a 29K post card; I'm getting VERY close to that threshold)

I have to ask why only the one Charger. I had nearly assumed it was going to be the goto @3 for Darkhorses, given that it can piggyback off all the SS power the archetype has. Not that I disagree with what you've suggested, but maybe some reasoning would be cool.

Of course, of course! Charger's use is mainly dictated by how you're running the deck. Charger's summoning condition seems to benefit spammy control builds or combo-heavy builds more than anything else. The build I was going for incorporated those elements, but was meant to have a good mix of offense and defense as well.

The main issue with its summoning condition is that it only operates in the hand and it has to be triggered. That is completely reasonable, but it is much weaker than its grave-oriented/self-summoning counterparts since it doesn't net you as much and it puts the card in a more vulnerable location. Coupled with that, its stats aren't high, and it's battle damage effect really isn't worth it in comparison to some of the others'.

If you were using it as a combo piece or for a spammy build, I'd say this needs to be at 3, but for anything else, I'd say leave it as a 1-of.

Archived