Goyo King (907)

KYBxiRQ.jpg
Earth Warrior / Synchro / Effect
LV8 2800/2000
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters
(1) When this card declares an attack on a monster: This card gains 400 ATK for each EARTH Warrior-Type Synchro Monster you control, until the end of the Damage Step.
(2) When this card destroys an opponent’s monster and sends it to the Graveyard: You can activate 1 of the following effects.
-Special Summon that destroyed monster to your side of the field.
-Take control of 1 face-up monster your opponent controls.

Kinda expected the Synchro part of the materials to specifically need an EARTH Warrior-type Synchro to summon, though I'm glad it is more generic.

Same. I was kinda expecting EARTH Synchros too, but as-is I can defo find a use for it. In one of the decks I run from time to time, it isn't uncommon for me to make a level 8 with a non-tuner Synchro.

Ok, looking at this again, the effect is not that great atm since;

A: Has to send the destroyed monster to the grave

B: Pendulums are a thing

Then make something else? I mean, if we are just going to throw out every card that has "and sends it to the Graveyard" now because Pendulums exist, that limits what some Decks can do.

All the Goyos suck against pendulum.dek

Just deal with instead of begging for power creep. We need power scale down, not power creep

removing send it to the grave isn't power creep

it's complexity creep, adjusting to the increasing complexity

Even with that, the Goyos are still mediocre barring King and sometimes Emperor, given the fact that there are very few things you want to steal modern day. There's a reason OG Goyo Guardian isn't even top 4-5 of generic 6s.

removing send it to the grave isn't power creep

it's complexity creep, adjusting to the increasing complexity

Even with that, the Goyos are still mediocre barring King and sometimes Emperor, given the fact that there are very few things you want to steal modern day. There's a reason OG Goyo Guardian isn't even top 4-5 of generic 6s.

OG Goyo is the things of nightmares. 2800 can steal or beat down qlis under drain for no real investment. That's some scary sheet right there. But fair, complexity in this sense being Pendulums

OG Goyo is the things of nightmares. 2800 can steal or beat down qlis under drain for no real investment. That's some scary sheet right there. But fair, complexity in this sense being Pendulums

It's really not, though.

Qli's not a relevant enough aspect for making Goyo, and Red Wyvern/Nothung/Psyhemuth/etc, are much more valuable, not to mention cards like Vulcan that shine in other decks. Even Kendama can have more uses, at times.

Then make something else? I mean, if we are just going to throw out every card that has "and sends it to the Graveyard" now because Pendulums exist, that limits what some Decks can do.

I'm just saying I wouldn't use it against Pendulums, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't use it at all in general because of them.

Source for this?

What's the excuse for Magician of Faith and Goyo Guardian?

Tewart's OCG counterpart be against Goyo's high ATK score and Faith being able to recover Spells so 'easily' (for just a Flip), since every other major Generic recoverer for Spells are...

- Dark Magician of Chaos
- Enlightment Paladin
- Endymion, the Master Magician

All of require significant resource commitments.

i mean, the fact MoF is put up there with Goyo should show you it's an overreaction

Archived