Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Kazo was in a horrible mood today. First the flood, then Suiten thinking he was an idiot... gods, he wished he drowned then... and now he was being hunted by owls. At least owls were predators. If it was something like a humming bird, he'd considered just quitting on the spot. 

"You found food after all!" Kah called out. Gods, why was life so good to her?! ... Maybe it was the way he looked at life? Maybe he needed to change his attitude... it was worth a shot. Anyways, it seemed Ari and Kah were after the owls, so Kazo took a spot by the fire, and put his head in his knees.

The last thing he wanted was for the others to see the scratches. That'd be embarrassing.

Denku would be the first to admit he was not an observant person. He would focus on a goal and not see too much else. That's what happened in Pride Rock, and that was happening here. However, being smashed into Xerneas was a bit of an eye opener. As she shoved him off, he noticed she looked... paler, than when they first started, and as she transferred power to a pillar, she was getting even paler... was all this fighting hurting her...? Was it killing her?

Denku didn't know what to do. He thought he was defending her by fighting with all his might, but instead, it seemed to only harm her. He really wished Kazo was here... the boy was a lot better at handling things like this than he was... He looked on to the small group. The assassin was singing... he didn't know what she'd do with that, but she was. Bea was fighting with all her might... and Fia...

Fia exploded. It wasn't a grand explosion, or even a massive one. She was engulfed by the flames she loved so much... and then, suddenly... she was reborn. Naked, she attacked the pillars with a new ferocity. Perhaps the refined and deranged little girl was really reborn.

This did not help at all. 

"Stop! We're not helping at all by fighting! Just... STOP!" He tried to cry out, to plead, but he was feeling weak. The adrenaline had faded away, and he was exhausted. He sat on the ground, breathing hard. "She's not getting better. Every heal... makes her weaker...," He didn't know if they could hear him. He just wanted them to stop. Why didn't he pay more attention? Why did he fight so hard...? "All I wanted was to see my family again...," how did everything spiral so much out of control? "This is my fault... I'm sorry... I'm sorry...," He pleaded, hoping something would stop all the fighting.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PVLXe6V.png?1

While Easter and Co. wandered off to work on the walls of the fort, Brooke set to work on dinner. Fawkes wanted us to eat something spicy, didn’t she? the Emboar mused as she scrounged through her backpack for ingredients. She’d thought to bring a large pot to cook in, but in terms of actual food, she was running low: a few bottles of spices she’d brought for extra flavor, some canned meat (mostly chicken), and canned tomatoes. She sighed. Maybe some kind of broth? Don’t really have much to work with… She tried to look on the positive side of things. At least, thanks to all of the snow, they had a clean source of water. All she had to do was boil it first.

A few minutes later, the broth was coming along nicely. She hadn’t had any trouble boiling the water, and even if she thought the canned food had a funny smell to it, once she shredded it up and tossed it into the pot to cook, it looked and smelled edible. Once she added the salt and a few shakes of garlic powder, it was even sort of appetizing.

Will they be alright with it? Brooke wondered, looking over at Dora and Fawkes playing in the snow. She wasn’t able to quell the warm, content smile that overtook her face at seeing how much they were enjoying themselves. Brooke knew that neither of the kids had lived easy lives, but the fact that they were still able to move past that and just let themselves have fun… The innocence of children never ceased to amaze her. It was something to be admired, and in turn, protected at all cost. Warily, she looked towards Deoxys. Was she doing the right thing in trusting it? She hadn’t been thinking clearly when they first encountered it, and now, she wasn’t so sure.

As if it could read her mind (ironically, it probably could), Deoxys rose up and cleared the campsite of the snow she’d missed. What’s it. . . ? Her thoughts were cut short as it dropped the entire large bank of snow directly on top of the, no, her, children. Her heart skipped a beat when little Dora and Fawkes vanished from sight, thoroughly entombed in snow. Distantly, she heard Easter shout their names, but she wasn’t paying any attention. Her temper was rising fast, much faster than it should have been, her attention slowly turning to Deoxys. Her hair stood on end, canines slipping out over her bottom lip in the beginning of a growl, flames already licking at her heels as some maternal instinct told herno, demanded of herto eliminate whoever was foolish enough to threaten her family.

It was only Dora pressing her forehead against the Emboar’s leg that stopped her in her tracks.  “Brooke’s a campfire now! Brooke you’re a good campfire.” Dora giggled in her too-good-for-this-world way, spinning around and tripping, and then swearing to finish the snow fortress on her own. Brooke took a deep breath, looking away, her face flushed and her body temperature almost hot enough to cause refractions in the air around her. A stolen peep in the area of Deoxys was enough for Brooke to gather that she probably lucked out, because the alien seemed engrossed in some kind of deep meditative state.

"You do that," Easter told Dora. "I-I think we should finish building the fort so w-we don't die of h-hypothermia," the suggestion was intervaled by the Sylveon shivering. "I-I mean so we don't uhh," he hesitated. "So we don't turn into popsicles.”

Brooke shook her head. “No,” she snapped, a bit too quickly. She quickly added, “I can keep you all warm. Just… grab your sleeping bags and get around the fire.” Her voice was shaky, not nearly as strong as her normal tone. She tried a quick distraction, realizing that herself. “Dinner’s done. I made a chicken broth.” She forced a smile, mostly for Dora’s sake, since she was sure everyone else wouldn’t be fooled. “Sorry I couldn’t make anything spicy, Fawkes. I tried, but we didn’t have the ingredients.”

Once everyone settled in, Brooke passed out bowls and filled them with broth. She waited to eat her own until she’d seated herself comfortably between Fawkes and Dora, with Easter not too far away, so that everyone would be close and toasty thanks to her and the fire. That, and she made sure to keep both of the children within arm’s reach, since she had to constantly assure herself nothing was going to happen to them as she eyed Deoxys.

Not for the first time, Brooke wondered if she was comforting the children, or if it was the other way around.

Team Sexual Tension, Day 8, Xerneas' Sanctum

Jabari was ready for many things from the Absol. Singing was...not one of them. He looked curiously at her, not knowing the song that was being sung, but knowing, without doubt, that it was important in some way.

Xerneas' reaction was different. Their head snapped up as they heard the noise, looking at Whisper with confusion and familiarity. Surely the Guardian of the Sea didn't teach her such a thing. She knew of a legend that was nearby who would know the secret of the song but why would... "You know Meloetta?" She said simply.

However action broke out soon after. Bea attacked Jabari, who was watching Whisper, and stabbed him in the back. He could feel the poison beginning to inject itself inside him and he let out a pained noise, turning and grabbed the weapon and tearing it out of his back, blood oozing down his back and trickling down his leg. His eyes flashed and he began raining blow after blow onto the girl, pummeling her into the ground with the intensity of his strikes.

Xerneas put more energy into the statue, having distracted herself with the song, and was unaware that the other girl had reappeared. It was far too late to stop her, though the Whimsicott did try, as the attack destroyed her statue. The Whimsicott was flung farther away, having been struck by intense flames, and Xerneas was staggered backwards. The energy that she poured into the statue vanished instantly, leaving her pale and shaking, and she gazed at Fia mournfully.

The battle was going strong, injuries were everywhere, and Xerneas lost her chance to heal them all at once. Now she had to decide. She placed her hands together and began to glow, preparing a single Heal Pulse. She wouldn't be able to heal them all. She had to choose a single target. She only hoped that it would be enough.

Jabari paused in his assault on Bea when Denku spoke. He stood, looked to him, and sighed. It was a strange noise. Both sad and frustrated. This was not a battle of warriors as he had hoped. But he had to continue. There was no other choice.

----

The mysterious figure traveled down the same path as the group, reaching the edges of the clearing, and gazing into the current battlefield...

Team Karaoke, Day 10, Adarid Library

Gwen landed on her butt, or rather she would have if she didn't float several inches off the floor, due to Nine's shove. She winced as he was peppered with rocks, wishing that he hadn't taken the hit for her. Come to think of it he shoved her a lot, didn't he?

In any case the Skarmory scoffed and went back to the battle, realizing how futile it was to try and get these, as he thought, cowards to do anything useful.

It seemed that Alleria and Fiona had already escaped, and it would soon their be chance next, so Gwen got to her feet and, breathlessly, nodded in response to the decision. They began to leave the room, Gwen and Clotilde at the rear, when a door at the far end of the library flung open and a Hitmonlee, followed by several frightened looking Gijinka, came into the room. Right into the bath of a stray Mud Shot from one of the Diggersby, which struck the Hitmonlee upon entrance.

Gwen gasped. She couldn't let these people get hurt while she ran! "Leave, hurry, go!" Gwen shouted to the others, hoping that at least some of them would get to safety, and go with Alleria, while she stepped around Clotilde. She had to end this fast. Which meant choosing a side. But which? Thinking about her skills the answer seemed fairly obvious, and she sent out a Magical Leaf at the second Rhyhorn, hitting the Gijinka, and flinching visibly as she landed a hit, and distracting him from his attack on the Talonflame, who then performed a flip, followed by a strike with his wing, which only served to knock the Rhyhorn to the ground.

----

"We're a couple, after all! I can't simply slack off for the sake of my lover!"

Fiona shuddered at the implications that Alleria stated. What exactly was it this girl was thinking? She seemed not to remember the fight, though Fiona only remembered that she fought, and lost to, Alleria and that it was quite an intense battle, and believed they were some sort of couple. She felt frightened, that she was now at Alleria's mercy, and could barely even respond when Alleria asked if it was okay to go. Fear tightened at her throat and she found herself unable to deny what the girl wanted to do and they just let out a squeak as Alleria pulled her away from the rest of the group, moving faster than Fiona could keep up with if the girl didn't keep a grip on her. Where they went, she had no idea, she only hoped someone would follow them and save her from the fate of being alone with this psycho.

Team Showdown, Day 11, Fryst

“Not here to hurt me? The only person who’s gonna get hurt is the lot of you if you dare to lay a finger on my friend!”

Friend? Isole looked around. But Taiga wasn't here, what was she talking about? In any case, she had already resigned herself to her fate. She didn't think there was much she could do here...

“Try not to fall, alright? We’re taking the express way down”

"What?" With that simple response, Isole was suddenly pulled off the ground as they took off in a series of complicated manuevers that sent them barreling down the wall and away from the guards that had surrounded them. She instinctively clung to Scarlet, wrapping her arms tight around the girl's neck to keep from falling in their mad dash.

Upon landing Isole wanted to let go but Scarlet just kept going. And to add an extra dose of weirdness to the situation....

“FUFUFUFU!  I can’t believe that dumb captain believed me after all!  She thought that tiny snow cone maker was a pirate!  I was just diverting the attention from myself, Maka, Pirate Queen of the Sea!  No one’s gonna stop me, From eating the Lord’s precious, priceless, prestigious, pie!  It’s all mine!  FUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFU!”

The guards didn't seem to know what to make of this crazy lady who was now in their midst. But they, with a shared look, decided they couldn't just leave the unhinged girl to her own devises.

Three of them split off, including a Froslass and two Seadra, chased after Taiga. The Sneasel, as well as a pair of Shellder, meanwhile, kept after Scarlet and Isole.

Above them all, a trio of Ninjask were communicating, watching the entire ordeal, and sending messages down to other guards on the ground floor. Soon enough most of the guards in Fryst, at least a hundred, were converging on the three trouble-makers. Wherever they ran they would find several guards, who would, when spotting them, go after them as well.

Team Mac, Day 10, Crystal Lake

Mac was about to greet Kazo when suddenly Kah let out a burst of flames at the poor birds who were chasing him. They weren't quite a grass type, but, they certainly were averse to fire. As one they tried to escape the burning fury of the dragon queen but, alas, their flight was not swift enough and they became roasted. The smell was rather bad, but, it was clear that they had been at least partially cooked by the attack.

Meanwhile Ari nearly hit Mac with an attack, and the girl had to keep herself from retaliating. "Don't do that!" she snapped. She had her share of fights back home and it often started with similar "accidents" and, had she not been so worn out, she might've had more of a reaction.

In any case it looked like things were settling down as the night continued on.

As they gathered around to eat the, fairly poor, meal, Mac was eyeing Kazo. "Did you get hit by a tree or something?" She asked, looking at the cuts that were on his body.

She sighed and laid down on the ground, looking up at the stars. She glanced at Ari and gestured for him to come join her, then pointed up at the sky.

"Look over...over there. You see those stars? They look like, a..." she seemed to struggle remembering the word. "Yeah, a lion. That's Solgaleo. He's a legend but not one who lives here. Apparently there's a couple legends who never came to Adarid, but you can see some signs of them. Like those stars. Apparently him and Lunala were legends of a different land that worked together to keep the sun and moon in the sky." She looked at the stars, her face calmer than any had ever seen it before, and continued. "So those stars are kinda like...kinda their mark. To show the world they're there. I wish I could meet them sometime..." She looked at Ari. "You think you can find Lunala? The stars look like a bat, they should be close to Solgaleo." Mac's, sudden, likely surprising, lesson in Legends completed she looked back at the stars, kicking her feet idly as the night went on.

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 11, Tundra

"I-I think we should finish building the fort so w-we don't die of h-hypothermia,"

Dora looked at Easter as she spoke. "So we don't turn into popsicles."

"What's a popsicle?" She said, confused. The first thing that Easter said seemingly going completely over the girl's head. However what didn't go over her head..."Foooooooooooooooooood!" She bounced in place as she waited for the food to be served and, when it was, stared at it. Her tiny arms stirred as she tired to reach out to the bowl and frowned. She was quite tired and her arms didn't seem to want to comply, even more than usual. This would be more difficult than she had anticipated. But she would do the thing! She then started to lap at the bowl of food, giggling at her chosen method of eating.

Deoxys, nearby, stirred as she felt the anger from Emboar, which they found odd due to Deoxys' attempt to help. However it passed the they decided that it was not worth risk injury before the battle they were to have soon.
And it would come soon, for the night was falling, and the time to rest quickly came. The group had to sleep, while Deoxys meditated and gathered strength.

The next day, whoever woke first would find Deoxys standing in front of them, staring intently. "You creatures have less than optimal sleep cycles. I...I should have left an hour ago. My target is on the move. However I did not. I cannot understand why this is. Now that you have woken I feel more at ease with the thought of leaving. You may follow if you wish, my pace will be more measured than earlier. But we will need to go quickly, towards the city designated Coldharbor."

Fia looked at the flung Whimsicott in a questioning way as the pillar she attacked broke down. She was unable to understand why did he try to block her trying to stop her. Was this what they call blind faith? Such a ridiculous concept. Fia flexed herself a little bit after the impact, and turned around to see Xerneas. She was clearly weakening. She looked at Fia in a mournful way, and in a way, it was quite pitiful to see a Legend be in that state, however, Fia had believed that it's entirely her own fault that she's in this situation. She was seemingly trying to charge another pulse of life, probably the last one in this battle. Fia shook her head looking at her.

"Alright, I don't know your wish or anything. But what are you even trying to accomplish? You repeatedly healed everyone here without discrimination, even considering one of the people you healed are out to kill you. You said this battle is meaningless? Guess what?

You're only prolonging this and making this even more so. So we have an zealous assassin from the Order, a Zebstrika whose life purpose is to kill you, two stubborn overgrown children, and you have that Larvesta that was wholly devoted to her cause to the point of burning herself to death earlier. Do you expect them to just stop just like that?

O' Xerneas, explain it to me. What is on your mind? Do you wish to perish? Sadly, no matter how much you want to die, I won't let you."

Fia sighed, and turned around to see the battle once more. Beatrice was now injured badly. Perhaps her time wouldn't be for long. The Larvesta shook her head at the sight, and using her fire, formed a miniature sun that floated towards the Beedrill's direction. As it was nighttime, the Morning Sun wouldn't heal as much as Fia wished, but its light would potentially allow Bea to stand back on her feet. Jabari was still going strong in the meantime. They really need to actually have a plan this time.

"I wish to talk more to you, but regretfully, I can't. Hang in there until we're done with the Zebstrika."

Without saying anything else, Fia then rushed towards the assassin on the distance. Normally, she would have straight up attacking the Zebstrika with all her might, but the song earlier cleared her mind enough to actually consider other things.

"Hey you, let's start killing this overcompensating horsehead now. You're not thinking of running away, right?

It'd be a bit disappointing if your order lost someone when they're turning tail out of a mission~"

"Fiona...? What is wrong?"

Fiona's silence worried Alleria as the two of them continued to run away. The Altaria's grip on the Drapion's arm tightened showing her concern. It was like she was trying to get away from her, but why? Just a few days ago, the two could spend their night in the theater nicely, having fun enjoying each other. Back then, she said she was a fan of hers, right? Alleria tried to remember their first meeting. It was fuzzy, but she vaguely recalled that Fiona came to her since she wanted to be an entertainer, just like her. She liked her performance in...where was it? Nah, not important. Still, it was worrying that the admiration and shyness got replaced by this kind of fear and avoidance. Alleria started to think that perhaps the battle others were referring to last night ended up horribly for Fiona.

What did she do last night to horrify her this badly?

It was not the time to comfort Fiona yet however. They were still escaping those people that were hunting the two, and so they continued to run. Without caring for directions, Alleria dragged Fiona across the city, forcing most of what was left of her stamina to get both her and her lover to safety. Without stopping, they continued their move, until they found a storagehouse that they could enter. Without thinking about it more, Alleria got herself and Fiona to enter the building. There were crates inside, and so Alleria got both of them to hide behind a pile of them. Having a breather felt nice. Alleria was at the verge of collapsing, but she had reached her goal of getting both of them to safety.

Yet, for some reasons, she couldn't feel anything about it. No sense of gladness, nor accomplishment. It felt...hollow. She looked at Fiona once more, and she was still having the same mortified look as before. Of course, Alleria worried about it...but the sight for some reasons made her feel glad. She felt like smiling as she saw the girl's expression, and she didn't know about why. That didn't make sense. Why would she feel anything like that now? Suppressing her emotions, she tried to talk to Fiona again.

"Alright...we...I think we'll be safe here. Perhaps we should stay here for a bit and rest..." Alleria stopped temporarily. She looked at Fiona on her eyes, and as much as she wanted to avoid being too pushy or direct about it, she ended up saying what she had in mind at the time to the girl.

"Fiona...may I ask something? Why...why do you fear me? Did I do anything to you? Am I too forceful in getting us here?

I...I'm sorry...I just...I want to see you safe."

Her voice started to trail off afterwards, and her bundled feelings soon erupted as she embraced the Drapion in a hug.

"Please...don't hate me for this...I...I don't want you to fear me..."

kMykmrI.png

"Don't do that!" Mac snapped when Ari almost hit her.

"Maybe if you weren't in the way I wouldn't have almost hit you," the lion grumbled.

As they gathered around to eat the, fairly poor, meal, Mac was eyeing Kazo. "Did you get hit by a tree or something?" She asked, looking at the cuts that were on his body.

"I bet you got into a fight!" Ari said. He was enjoying his meal, though he couldn't help but long for the antelope he ate back home.

After the meal, Mac plopped down on the ground, looking up at the stars. She glanced at Ari and gestured for him to come join her, then pointed up at the sky. "Look over...over there. You see those stars? They look like, a..." she seemed to struggle remembering the word. "Yeah, a lion. That's Solgaleo. He's a legend but not one who lives here. Apparently there's a couple legends who never came to Adarid, but you can see some signs of them. Like those stars. Apparently him and Lunala were legends of a different land that worked together to keep the sun and moon in the sky." She looked at the stars, her face calmer than any had ever seen it before, and continued. "So those stars are kinda like...kinda their mark. To show the world they're there. I wish I could meet them sometime..." She looked at Ari. "You think you can find Lunala? The stars look like a bat, they should be close to Solgaleo."

Ari thought for a moment. "I didn't know there was another lion legendary besides Entei..." he said quietly. He couldn't picture it. What would he even look like? Similar to Entei? "I wonder if he's strong..." At Mac's next words, he paused. "Lunala?" the words rolled off the tongue. He liked that name. "Uhhh," he looked up, seeing a cluster of stars near where Mac had pointed out Solgaleo. They looked vaguely like something with wings, but if so, the wings were really weird-looking. "There?"

Suiten meanwhile had only nibbled on his portion before giving up and handing the rest to Kazo. Instead, he ate some of the berries he had packed before leaving the Ditto village, giving Mac a couple of her "Mac berries," to eat as well. He went to bed easily, worn out from the exhausting day.

tRCh4Z6.png

8mvNFQT.png

"No," Brooke snapped, a bit too quickly. She quickly added, "I can keep you all warm. Just… grab your sleeping bags and get around the fire." Her voice was shaky, not nearly as strong as her normal tone. "Dinner’s done. I made a chicken broth." She forced a smile. "Sorry I couldn’t make anything spicy, Fawkes. I tried, but we didn’t have the ingredients."

Easter breathed a silent sigh of relief at that. Both at the warmth and the lack of spice.

"What's a popsicle?" Dora asked. Easter didn't know how to respond to that. "Foooooooooooooooooood!" Well, it was food, but he didn't think that's what she was talking about.

The food was good. Not gourmet, but it wasn't as if he could expect that out here. It improved a lot once he added a few pinches of sugar from his sugar stash to his bowl. Because sugar made everything better. Once he finished focusing on his food, however, he noted how tense Brooke was being. She seemed...angry? Angry at Deoxys. Why? Glancing between the two gijinka, it finally clicked when he saw how close she was keeping both children. Well. She was a mother hen, and Deoxys had buried them. Though Easter had been more preoccupied with getting warm, plus he had gotten the impression that the alien was...well, an alien, and didn't understand things properly. He wasn't sure how to convey that to Brooke, however, and wasn't sure he cared enough to. After all, lack of understanding did not make their actions any less dangerous.

The next morning, he woke to Deoxys standing in front of him, staring. It was...kind of creepy. "You creatures have less than optimal sleep cycles. I...I should have left an hour ago. My target is on the move. However I did not. I cannot understand why this is. Now that you have woken I feel more at ease with the thought of leaving. You may follow if you wish, my pace will be more measured than earlier. But we will need to go quickly, towards the city designated Coldharbor."

"Sure," Easter replied, covering a yawn, before tapping on Brooke's shoulder till she woke up. He didn't wake the kids, deciding to let them either wake on their own or have the Emboar do it. It might give her a sense of security, in the familiar. "Good morning sunshine. It looks like Deoxys is ready to leave for Coldharbour. Should we go with them?" Honestly, he wanted to, and wasn't really expecting her to say no.

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (contains 5x Spelon Berries)

Direct hit! Kah's flaming jaws clamped down onto the unfortunate meal-to-be, and set the bird ablaze. Ari and Mac seemed to have some trouble amongst themselves, but nothing that couldn't be overlooked. What mattered most was that Kah was back in business!

Things settled down pretty well as the group gathered around the fire, eating Kah's catch. Not the best-smelling thing in the world, but that didn't mean it wasn't food. The two whelps then lied down and were gazing up at the stars. It was then that Mac shared a story about a pair of legendary gijinkas.

"Look over...over there. You see those stars? They look like, a... Yeah, a lion. That's Solgaleo. He's a legend but not one who lives here. Apparently there's a couple legends who never came to Adarid, but you can see some signs of them. Like those stars. Apparently him and Lunala were legends of a different land that worked together to keep the sun and moon in the sky. So those stars are kinda like...kinda their mark. To show the world they're there. I wish I could meet them sometime..."

"You seem to know a lot about legends," Kah commented not long after Ari apparently found Lunala up in the stars. "You're familiar with the stories of Reshiram and Zekrom, right? As I heard it, a long time ago in a land far away, the two worked together as one being to help a mighty king with his kingdom or something. However, the king had two sons who didn't get along at all; one adhered strictly to Reshiram's idea of a world ruled entirely by truth, and the other preferred Zekrom and his idea of a world run entirely on ideals. They, uh..."

What the hell did they do!?

"I must not have paid a lot of attention to the story," Kah admitted. "I'm probably wrong for all I know, but the point is I left Skuldafn to find Reshiram. I've got a few things I'd like to ask them about, since they apparently know so much about truth."

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk

"I-I think we should finish building the fort so w-we don't die of h-hypothermia. I-I mean so we don't uhh, so we don't turn into popsicles.”

"No. I can keep you all warm. Just… grab your sleeping bags and get around the fire."

Easter didn't sound like she was taking the cold so well. She must have come from someplace warm, Fawkes figured. That was fine though; Brooke would be able to keep all three of them warm. It would be harder not to believe it, honestly, given Brooke's affinity for fire. As such, Fawkes did what was requested of her, setting her sleeping bag down near Brooke and seating herself on top of it. And then came the food.

"Dinner’s done. I made a chicken broth. Sorry I couldn’t make anything spicy, Fawkes. I tried, but we didn’t have the ingredients."

"That's fine," Fawkes responded, looking at the bowl of broth as it was handed to her. Being cooked food like this in and of itself was good enough. "It's just a preference, and it's not like you can do it if you don't have the ingredients." Fawkes took down the first sip of broth, and her eyes widened. She hadn't expected it to be quite that hot. Her tongue wasn't burning or anything; just a surprise. What wasn't as surprising was the quality. "It's good!" she happily exclaimed once the first sip was down, not hesitating at all between her compliment and the second sip.

Night was falling, and it did so peacefully. Fawkes could get used to that feeling.

iU8EggM.png

Day 12

Fawkes was stirred from her rest by a voice. In a state where she was still just returning to reality from her little dream world, she could have sworn that the person owning the voice was a majestic creature of licorice limbs and a fairly imposing cotton candy body. As she came to her senses, however, she realized it was Deoxys.

"You creatures have less than optimal sleep cycles. I...I should have left an hour ago. My target is on the move. However I did not. I cannot understand why this is. Now that you have woken I feel more at ease with the thought of leaving. You may follow if you wish, my pace will be more measured than earlier. But we will need to go quickly, towards the city designated Coldharbor."

"Sure."

Easter then began tapping on Brooke's shoulder, until the Emboar woke up. Fawkes - awake but not quite up yet - opted to remain in her sleeping bag for the duration.

"Good morning sunshine. It looks like Deoxys is ready to leave for Coldharbour. Should we go with them?"

"No reason not to," Fawkes suggested from within her sleeping bag, with a very obvious yawn. "There's a whole region out there if we keep heading toward Coldharbour, right?"

EOlaaCE.png?1

Getting the opinions of the others, they seemed like of mind that they needed to leave the building as soon as they could. After the aggron female who had joined their group voiced her opinion she then handed him a bundle of bandages to help treat his wounds. Taking it, the man nodded in appreciate, saying a short "thanks." Before he could apply the bandage though, the man figured that it would be best if they all left first. However, before anything else could happen, the situation to escalate even further than it already was. The noise of those that were coming in were neither guards nor other gang members, no. They just appeared to be citizens who were about to get caught in the crossfire. While this was, quite frankly, the greatest time to get out, since another crowd entering in would be just the necessary distraction to finally rid themselves of these gangs. He also figured the citizens would have the sense to go leave when they saw the, quite escalated, fight that was going on, though given how many of them there were it'd probably not be the quickest of retreats. 

Regardless, as he was getting ready to go, another of them found it in themselves to go and try and end this fight herself. Seeing that Gwendoline was rushing in to the fight, he started to wonder if he had made the proper call in judgement in staying with them While it was almost definite that leaving would be the better idea right now, Nine felt like there was a nagging feeling in the back of his head that would not stop if he did so. And so, looking at the Aggron with a sigh he said, "might I ask for your continued services in defense?" Looking over to the rotom boy he then said in a much more blunt tone, "and uh, you. Try not to die kiddo."

Nine wasn't in the greatest of shape, and thus did not feel like rushing headlong into the group of mobsters. His other primary form of offense was off limits, as using fire in a library was the fastest way to get probably everyone killed. So, with one last thing that he could do, Nine started to gather light around him into a small orb of energy in his palm. Due to being indoors with not much in terms of natural lighting, the process was much slower than normal, and so he couldn't fire it off just yet. 

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

Fryst

Taiga's plan had worked!  She successfully diverted some of the heat that was placed on her other teammates, even if she had diverted only half of the attention she wanted.  However, the longer she went, the faster she became.  Dodging the fuzz was surely going to be easy.  As she skated around the city, she started to ponder to herself.

"Cripes...what do I do now?"  As she slid on the streets with her slippery feet, she couldn't help but feel lost.  Not to mention every twist and turn agro'd another set of guards.  For once...she cursed her big mouth.  But as long as the palace was in sight, she had a destination.  An attempt by some guards was made to block her path, but Taiga swiftly produced a waterfall big enough for her to bound over the lugs.  

"Uh...you guys didn't think I was being serious did ya?  Because if you fell for the whole, 'I'm a pirate captain", shtick, I feel mighty sorry fer ya!"  

yCrzb88.png
Team Sexual Tension
Xerneas' Sanctum

Beatrice had tried to follow her attack up via lining up her lance for another stab, but she was knocked down to the ground too quickly. From there, Jabari continued to deliver blow after blow, Beatrice biding her time and taking the punches in her stride until he would show signs of tiring. In the meantime, she held the two needles tightly in between her fingers, and curled her hands into fists. She was hoping Jabari's stamina would be worn down a bit further before she'd be healed by anyone, but as the punches kept coming and coming and she was losing her grip on the two needles, she'd soon realize that the Morning Sun that was headed her way couldn't come soon enough. 

Unfortunately, it couldn't heal her for enough either. Even with that boost to her strength, she wouldn't last as long as she needed to for Jabari's stamina to deplete. It was now or never. Beatrice countered the next punch Jabari threw by raising her left foot just high enough to block it, the inertia from said punch being just enough to flip her over so she could get back onto her feet from there. All the while, she had still maintained some level of grip of those needles in her hands, in hopes those needles would be of later use when more of her strength was renewed. She looked over to Denku and the Absol, her mind not even registering the fact Fjanna had been resurrected despite seeing her as well.

"Someone... cover this Skitty-ass jabroni!" Beatrice called out as best she was able, considering her voice was still mostly gone, before gunning straight for the Xerneas. She had to reach the legendary Gijinka; it looked as though she was about to cast one final Heal Pulse, and Beatrice couldn't risk that being used on Jabari.

Items Unequipped: Poisonous Lance x1

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
Fryst

He'd seen enough. There was no convincing Scarlet to let Isole go, and although Taiga was brave enough to try and divert the guards' attention, she hadn't managed to get enough of them off their backs. There was only one thing for it; Cabrakan's only play was to convince the lord to order the guards to stop chasing Isole. He left the scene, and was just on his way towards the main tower when all of a sudden, Bubble approached him.

"OK Dad, just what the funk is going on?!" she asked in exclamation.

"I was just about to ask the lord the same question," Cabrakan informed, "But I can assure you that it isn't what it looks like."

"Arceus, damn it Dad!" Bubble shrieked, "I...! This is the last thing I need right now!"

"I'll handle it! Just... get inside, lock the doors and windows and don't let anyone in until I've got this whole fiasco under control. Not even Scarlet," with that, Cabrakan set off, leaving his own daughter to run off back home while he bravely, and admittedly angrily, trudged towards the tower's front door.

As he drew near, Cabrakan looked up and to each side in a quick manner, noting the presence of a few tower guards. Of course, it would be foolish to expect the lord to send every guard he had access to after ideal, Cabrakan was surprised to see that there were any guards left at all, considering the sheer number of them that were chasing the other three. But he shook that off. He was confident he could evade any ranged attacks from the tower guards with a quick Substitute, in which he'd be immediately thankful he could afford to purchase the TM from Isole. Question was, could he break the door down in time if he had to?

As though to test that, Cabrakan slammed his fist on the door three times, striking with all his might each time.

"OPEN THE funk UP!!" Cabrakan demanded balefully, "I seek immediate audience with the Lord of Fryst!"

Adarid Library Team Karaoke

The two had seemed to have managed the stray assault fairly well - not without some form of damage, but they didn't look badly damaged. The Skarmory seemed to scoff at the group, turning away from them. Well, at least he wasn't bothering them anymore. "where's Fiona and Alle-" Suddenly, a loud crashing noise came from above. "Nevermind. Well then, guess we're ready to get going then, right?" Lok nodded, assuming completely that the noise was the rest of the group given Nine's reaction. "We certainly should. Unless for whatever reason one of you wants to help those people out." It would seem that they were in agreement, including Gwen whom seemed to be heading towards the direction of the stairs.

However, the situation complicated when suddenly the doors swung open. The hitmonlee was accompanied by a group of scared looking civilians. To make matters worse, they had opened the door straight into a stray attack. "Leave, hurry, go!" Gwen shouted at the group as she seemingly prepared to fight back. Lok's eyes darted between his companions and the stairs that lead to their other companions.  "and uh, you. Try not to die kiddo." Lok turned to Nine, at first taking slight offense before thinking about the multiple times he has rushed into battle against stronger foes only to get smacked. "I-I'll, um...I'll go check on Alleria and Fiona..." He nodded towards him before turning away. He was a bit worried about leaving Gwen, but he had seen Nine fight before and he figured that Clotilde was strong as well. Not to mention, he didn't want to leave Alleria alone with Fiona for any longer than they already had been alone. Making up his mind, he headed upstairs.

When he reached the top floor, what greeted him was a hole. And no Drapion or Altaria in sight. He cursed under his breath, before sighing. At least they weren't somewhere in the library, but he didn't know since when they had ran off. That, and she had seen Alleria run. Looking down the hole, he saw that it was quite a drop - expected, considering where he was. Still, it could still work as an alternative exit. He headed down the stair again to tell the group about the hole and the whereabouts of the others.

Fryst Team Showdown

She kept running, dashing forwards. While Sneasel were naturally fast, she doubted that he'd be able to keep up with her dashes. However, she knew that they weren't safe here anymore. There was no doubt in her mind that they'd call for backup and, looking up, they were tracking there every move with a couple of Ninjasks. She cursed under her breathe. She knew that she'd be able to outrun a couple of guards, but she also knew that she'd eventually run out of stamina. Fighting them was also out of the question - ignoring the obvious numbers, she also had Isole to worry about, whom was still clinging onto her. At least running away was a bit easier to explain. She let out a small chuckle, thinking about how this was probably a bad idea in hindsight. 

. . .

There seemed to be guards at every corner, and Scarlet was getting tired. She knew she had to find a place to hide, but doing so would be hard with these drones flying above them. She tried to hide the fact that she was getting tired, but that fact was blatantly obvious in her facial expression. Somehow, through all the chaos and dashing, she had managed to meet up with Taiga, whom was having her own problems with the police. At this point, her constant dashing had turned into simple running. Panting a bit, she turned to her shark friend. "Please tell me you have a plan." 

"Did you get hit by a tree or something?" Mac suddenly spoke up. Kazo bit into his roasted owl, which honestly was much better than he thought than it would be, instead of answering. He scooted so his face was facing away from the group. He didn't want to talk about it. 

"I bet you got into a fight!" Ari said. Still Kazo decided not to answer. They were kids, they would find something else to think about in less than five seconds. Which he was right, they went to look at the stars. They were beautiful tonight, but Kazo didn't want to think about it. He just wanted the next day to come. Maybe things would get better tomorrow... 

Suiten suddenly slid over some of his leftover food and laid down. Seemed he was exhausted. The dragon couldn't blame him, today was an exhausting day. He went to lay down away from the group until he heard Kah say something that caught his interest.

"I'm probably wrong for all I know, but the point is I left Skuldafn to find Reshiram. I've got a few things I'd like to ask them about, since they apparently know so much about truth." Kazo rolled his eyes before curling up.

"What kind of truth would a woman like you want to know?" He mumbled as he closed his eyes. He just wanted to sleep, not think about his impeding death if Kah heard him talking like that.

Denku sat there quietly, watching all that happened. Fia had because a different but equally migraine inducing girl, Whisper was singing her heart out, and Bea, after one hard pounding from the hard and solid Zebstrika, decided to rush at Xerneas. He watched quietly, his mind reeling. He needed to stop this fight. It was getting nowhere, and everyone was getting in worse shape than he was. Words wouldn't get to these people.

He stood up, sighing to himself and walking to Jabari. He really wished he had Iron Defense right now... it would make blocking the attacks from both sides a hell of a lot easier with it.

PVLXe6V.png?1

Brooke had been an early riser most of her life (the early boar caught the customer), so it didn’t take too long for her to wake up from Easter’s prodding. “Huh?” She blinked, sitting up and stifling a yawn. Her hair was unusually messy, pulled down from her trademark ponytail and not obscured by her hat. It was deceptively longer than it usually looked, falling to to nearly the middle of her back. “What’s up?”

"Good morning sunshine. It looks like Deoxys is ready to leave for Coldharbour. Should we go with them?" Still under the drowsy spell of sleep, Brooke didn’t immediately answer Easter’s question. She looked to Deoxys (trying hard not to seem suspicious), then to Easter again, and finally toward the children. Dora was still sound asleep beside her, and her familiar, soft snoring helped assuage some of her worries; Fawkes, on the other hand"No reason not to… There's a whole region out there if we keep heading toward Coldharbour, right?"was apparently awake.

Brooke wasn’t comfortable with that idea at all. No reason not to? She could think of several. 1) Deoxys was hunting some “legendary”, and she had the feeling that wouldn’t be a fight they wanted to be around. 2) Deoxys didn’t seem to have a functional understanding of… anything normal. 3) It almost accidentally buried Fawkes and Dora alive. But, to her credit, Brooke didn’t voice any of this. Instead, she looked at Deoxys and said, “You should probably go ahead. It seems like you’re in a hurry, and we’ve got to eat breakfast and then break camp before we do anything.”

She stood up and did her best to tame her hair with her hands, tying it back into her customary ponytail and putting on her hat. “Thank you for all of the help, though, really! Maybe we’ll see you in Coldharbour?”

Team Karaoke, Adarid, Day 10

"Fiona...may I ask something? Why...why do you fear me? Did I do anything to you? Am I too forceful in getting us here?

I...I'm sorry...I just...I want to see you safe."

Fiona wouldn't look at Alleria. What was wrong with her? She was better than this. She should be able to easily manipulate and decieve this rambling lunatic. She's done it before, why not now? What DID happen last night? She remembered fighting, losing, and being badly injured. But surely she shouldn't have this terrified reaction that makes her not be able to be herself. She felt a block keeping her from doing what she wanted.

She couldn't afford to answer honestly, still, and she couldn't lie as she was, so she deflected instead. "Your...our, friends...That is. You left them? You..." Her voice grew accusatory, slightly angry. "Why did you just leave them?"

------

Gwen seemed not to realize that her friends had both not joined in the fight nor left. She was more focused on the sickening heart pounding feelings she had as the Rhyhorn, having been knocked over, turned his head towards her and let loose the same attack as before. Gwen reacted instinctively, launching the leaves at the rock and destroying it before it made contact with her.

What was this?
Why did she feel excited?

This wasn't right.

Gwen was so focused on her distressing feelings that she only noticed what the Talonflame was doing before it was too late. They, after seeing how the Rhyhorn wasn't bothering with them, decided to turn attention to the new arrivals. "Lookie here, we've got ourselves a BIG BAD CITY GUARDSMAN" he remarked before laughing. "Well guard this, big boy!" The Gijinka took to the air, after his oddly flirtatious tone, turning in circle mid-air, and rushed towards Bruce, slamming his wing right into the man's torso. This is when Gwen started to realize she had targeted the wrong foe. It wasn't the Ground types that she had to worry about attacking the innocents after all. In fact, looking at Al, she saw a brief look of concern at the civilian's entrance, before he turned back to his hated foe.

Salvatore, meanwhile, had decided to join the fray. He spread his wings, which had been tucked away and almost impossible to see, and launched himself at the nearest Diggersby. He brought his cane around and a dark energy surrounded it as he slashed the Gijinka across its body. It dropped to the ground, spasming. Al let out an angered noise and went after Salvatore, hand crackling with electric energy.

The Skarmory had by this point approached the other Diggesby, and grabbed the squat Gijinka before slamming their head, hardened to some metallic form, into the Diggersby. They, surprisingly, seemed to be still standing. And in retaliation thrust their hand forward, which was now in flames.

The last of the combatants, the other Rhyhorn, had been keeping mostly to himself. But, as he saw what Nine was doing, he knew he had to stop it. Tucking in his head he prepared for a moment, then rushed forward to slam into the Houndoom...But Clotilde's defensive nature got in the way, as did her steel-hard body, and took the blow instead.

Gwen heard the noise and whipped around. "O-oh, dear, this is not good. I'll..." She didn't even notice the Rhyhorn she had attacked sending yet another attack at her until it already connected, hitting her in the lower back, and causing her to cry out in alarm.

Team Mac, Day 10, Near Crystal Lake

"There?"

"Whoa you got it, good work!" Mac looked over at Ari with a surprisingly sweet smile, approving his accomplishment, while not one-upping him as normal. The thought crossed her mind that this was one of the first times she hung out with someone around her age without having challenged them to a fight.

"You seem to know a lot about legends, You're familiar with the stories of Reshiram and Zekrom, right? As I heard it, a long time ago in a land far away, the two worked together as one being to help a mighty king with his kingdom or something. However, the king had two sons who didn't get along at all; one adhered strictly to Reshiram's idea of a world ruled entirely by truth, and the other preferred Zekrom and his idea of a world run entirely on ideals. They, uh..."

"I must not have paid a lot of attention to the story, I'm probably wrong for all I know, but the point is I left Skuldafn to find Reshiram. I've got a few things I'd like to ask them about, since they apparently know so much about truth."

Mac rolled onto her stomach to easily look up at Kah as she began her half-question half-story. She frowned a bit, thinking. "Dragon Legends are kinda. They're kinda weird. There's a buncha them and no one knows the truth. Like one said Rayquaza saved the world by flying up to the stars and fighting a giant alien monster, so weird right? And some think that um...Latios and Latias can fly at super speeds, that'd be amazing wouldn't it? Anyway those two uhhhh." She paused, biting her lip, trying to remember what she had read in the books she was able to find. "Something about...they fought and argued and it caused...something to happen. Something really bad. They had to uh...I forgot what they did but they stopped it somehow together." Mac's frown grew. She should remember this. "Arrgh my head hurts." She buried her face in the grass beneath her and sighed.
Night had fully fallen, and it was getting late into the night. All around them they could hear chirping noises, frogs and insects, as they lay there.

Mac shivered a bit. Sure, the desert got cold at night, but she had a house for that. Out here, nothing. And she was visibly cold, glancing enviously at the Fire type in the group. Even worse was the realization that most of their equipment had been dragged away by the water earlier.

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 12, Tundra

Deoxys seemed pleased when both Easter and Fawkes seemed to be ready to get going. Brooke, however, denied her immediately.

“Thank you for all of the help, though, really! Maybe we’ll see you in Coldharbour?”

Deoxys gave Brooke a surprisingly sad look, one they themselves were unsure of, but gave an affirmation of sorts. "Very well if that is the decision I shall be on my way. We may very well meet in Coldharbour. If it still exists by then."

Without anything more Deoxys changed forms again, to the swift looking form from before, and leaped over the snow wall. It moved along the snow-filled path towards Coldharbour with a grim determination on their face.

As Deoxys left Dora woke up, looked around. "Where's the funny friend?" She asked Brooke sadly, before sleepiness overtook her again and she fell back asleep, seemingly refusing to be woken up again for hours. However she did begin to Snore, which, unfortunately for the group, came in the form of a sound-based attack that, while it did little damage, still stung a bit when hit with it.

After they all were ready to head out, they left their snow fort and went into the biting cold of the tundra. They could see Deoxys' tracks in the snow, and it seemed they didn't sink far into the snow with each step, and followed it towards Coldharbour.

It was a rather uneventful journey. That is, until they had reached the point where, with one more days of traveling, they'd reach Coldharbour.

BGM

And that's when they encountered a strange group of Gijinka. Two of which, a Toxicroak and Carnivine, would look familiar to most of them. The other two included a Skuntank and a Koffing. "You thought we were finished did ya!" The Toxicroak declared, taking a ridiculous fighting pose, raising one foot in front of them, shakily, and raising his arms above his head. "Well I'll teach you to let us go! Wait, no, that's not what I meant!"
"Yeah you better make sure we stay down this time!" The Carnivine responded.
"No that's not what I meant!"

Team Showdown, Day 11, Fryst

The guards who initially gave chase to the group had long since been worn out from their mad dash but the new ones that took up the hunt more than made up for it. They managed to herd the group closer to the tower, where the tower guards waited and watched, somewhat tense, as the group got even closer.

They only just barely noticed the random Chandelure who surged between them and began beating on the, ice-covered, entrance to the tower.

Before they even thought about stopping him, the door slid open, seemingly pulled up by some force.

Mid-pound, Cabrakan would see  a tall figure come through the door, grab him and push him to the side, and move past. Behind them the door slammed shut once more.

The figure approached the criminals and raised their hand. Rocks fell around the group, intentionally, and just barely, missing hitting them. Forcing them to halt their movement.

The figure, a tall, armored, Gijinka, looked, almost passively, at them all, before speaking. "Enough ez enough. Stop your actions at once. You are now before one of Frysts three captains and you vill listen. You are under arrest. Surrender or I shall be vorced to drag your unconscious bodies to ze prison cells."

Isole, awkwardly detaching herself from Scarlet, and glaring at Taiga, for she heard the pirate comment and had started to think of the reason she had been discovered, didn't so much as look at this new person. However she also didn't move to try and escape again.

Team Sexual Tension, Day 8, Xerneas' Sanctum

O' Xerneas, explain it to me. What is on your mind? Do you wish to perish? Sadly, no matter how much you want to die, I won't let you."

Xerneas was unsure what to make of this creature standing in front of her. Was this rebirth? It was, but also, it seemed wrong. Twisted. It made her...uncomfortable. Still she had an answer, even if the girl would not hear it. "I cannot abide by death in such a manner. That is just who I am, no, what I am. I am Xerneas. I am Life."

Meanwhile Beatrice had managed to, barely, survive Jabari's assault. The man watched as she rushed towards Xerneas, frowning. Surely she was not attempting to kill her right? Then, perhaps she was desperately trying to heal. So be it, Jabari did not wish for the Legend's handouts any more.

There were three others left then. The Absol who was still singing that strange song. The Larvesta who was speaking with her, urging her to fight. And then the Pupitar. Who was approaching him without words, for once.
Course set, Jabari turned towards Denku. His head was swimming with some semblance of confusion. His earlier attack had left him in such a state, however, the fact that Beatrice had interrupted it before it reached its conclusion meant that he wasn't as affected as normal.

He launched a Shockwave at the man as Xerneas finally let loose her Heal Pulse. There was only one target she knew she had to heal. The poor, deranged, girl that had nearly died. Bea would feel the Legend's energy wash over her, healing her even as she charged the Legend. "Please, young one, reconsider." Came Xerneas' voice, almost a whisper, yet, still able to be heard perfectly.

As the shock wave connected, Jabari charged Denku. He would not hold back this time. He had to finish this wanna-be-hero off before Xerneas had a chance to heal anyone else.

"Brother? What are you doing?" Jabari froze in place as the voice called out, his eyes widening in a rare moment of panic.

A young Bliztle came from the edge of the forest, into the clearing, looking at Jabari with a concerned, but loving, expression. "You don't need to do this, brother." She said. "I know why you have done what you did, but, this is too much. You have to stop."

"Stop...Dalila. I cannot stop. Not after coming this far...I have to continue. It's the only way we can see our dream come true!" It was clear Jabari was distressed and, for the first time in this entire fight, completely distracted from everyone else.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

Fryst

"Cripes cripes cripes cripes cripes CRIPES!"  

As the masses chased her, Taiga couldn't help but think she had gotten a little over her head.  She leaped and bounded all across the city in a mad dash towards the large tower.  Miraculously, or annoyingly, Scarlet and Isole managed to find her in this enormous hunk of ice of a city and kept pace with the shark Gijinka.  She facepalmed mid leap.  What was even the point of splitting up the guard's forces if she was just gonna bring them all back to her.  

"Please tell me you have a plan." 

"A what?"  She asked.  After some hard thinking, and some lip biting, she came up with an answer.  "Um.....Nope!  Not a one!"  

As they inched ever so closer to the large castle, she could make out the shining light of a purple flame.  The geezer must have caught wind of all the commotion.  It was during Cabrakan's insatiable knocking that an imposing figure burst forth from the doors.  

"Enough ez enough. Stop your actions at once. You are now before one of Frysts three captains and you vill listen. You are under arrest. Surrender or I shall be vorced to drag your unconscious bodies to ze prison cells."

Taiga came to a skidding halt, smack dab in front of the Aggron.  She could feel Isole's eyes, like daggers in the back of her head.  She turned to Isole first.  

"Knock off the creep eyes shorty...we've got bigger problems at the moment."  Next, Taiga turned to Scarlet and smiled.

"Now I've got a plan." She whispered, her breath visible.  Taiga flashed a peace sign and smiled.  

"Didn't you know it was opposite day silly?!"  

Adarid Library

As he was beaten and battered, Bruce Mon Lee thought back to his days as a young guard.  The vows he swore.  The promises he made.  He had to protect the people, at all costs.  Bruce skid backwards into a wall, smashing his head.  He groaned, rubbing his head and looking to the civilians who stood behind him.  "No worries folks," he said through a pained smile.  The Gijinka used his powerful legs to leap to his feet.  "I'm going to deal with this ruffian."  Bruce outstretched a hand to the civilians, and gave them a thumbs up.  "Have no fear!" he said with a big, cheesy smile.

"He's gonna lose isn't he?"

"Yup.  We should run."

"Right."

Bruce faced his attacker, as the civilians fled the scene.  "You're not very nice.  And assaulting a guard is illegal!  I'm taking you in," Bruce proclaimed, as he prepared his attack.  Charging forward, he leaped with a raised and extended leg.  "High Jump Kick!"  Of course, if Bruce missed, he would probably go over the balcony railing and break both of his legs and be crippled forever.  That would be most unfortunate.

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine continued to stand there, charging the light into his palms. During this time, he was forced to simply bide his time as he watched what it was that everyone else was doing. Lok, the kid, had decided to go regroup with Fiona and Alleria. While he was happy that the rotom didn't have to get involved with this kind of stuff, he briefly wondered if letting him go by himself and being with those two, by himself, was actually that much better of a situation. While this was definitely something important to consider, Nine decided that it was irrelevant to what was going on and instead focused on the battle. Thankfully, Clotilde had stood in front of him, being ever vigilant to take on any sort of oncoming threat. This let him focus more on the potential targets further away from him. Watching the fight, he saw that things seemed to be going from bad to worse for Al's crew. With Gwendoline's aid, Sal and his birds seemed to be easily the victors in this confrontation and it wouldn't have been long before they were completely overwhelmed. It was then, though, that Nine saw the thing that completely changed his mind on the fight.

Watching the Talonflame both openly mock and intentionally attack the guards, it became all the more clear that one side was not, in any way, good. No. At the end of the day they were both still gangs, and they were both still dangerous entities that needed to be taken care of. However, siding with Salvatore was almost entirely the much smarter and far more logical conclusion to take. It would be an easy win, the head of the Grounds would be taken out of commission and the war would likely start to steadily roll in Sal's favor. As he was caught in his thoughts, the rhyhorn charged at him, but thankfully the aggron maid had done her job very much properly as his shield. With the rhyhorn not being able to interrupt him in his charging whatsoever, it was just about time that he fire the thing off. And so, he looked to the rhyhorn that had just charged him.The attack he held in his hand was clearly strong and the rhyhorn himself would be absolutely defeated by it. And while the choice was obvious, had he gone through with the attack on the ground type...it'd be a hell of a time explaining it to his mother.

And so, with his eyes shifting location and looking to its new target , Nine fired off his solarbeam. And the beam flew as it went to strike its target, fast and true. And when it hit, it would signal Nine's deceleration of war. For it was not the Rhyhorn that the Solarbeam aimed at. But instead, the beam fired straight to the Skarmory, attempting to blindside him. The attack was not intended to hurt them, it was a steel bird after all. However, it was meant to simply distract him and allow his actual opponent the needed time to strike him down. After the attack went off, Nine looked to the Skarmory with a smirk on his face and said, "still wanna crush me?" Nine had decided that they were all criminals, and at the end of the day no matter who won, he likely lost. And so he sided not with Al and his ground types. Not with Sal and his flying types. But with Bruce and his guards. Looking to Clotilde with a somewhat nervous smile on his face, he said, "I apologize. But I believe I have made your job a lot harder now and I appreciate your cooperation in advance." Then looking to both Clotilde and the rhyhorn at the same time he said, "and please try to not hurt the man in front of you who very clearly has bigger problems to attend to." Nine understood the situation he had put himself in. He knew that this was an incredibly bad situation to be in and that getting out of it would require a lot of things to go right. And the most crucial crux of that was of course...the rhyhorn.

. "Your...our, friends...That is. You left them? You..." Fiona's voice grew accusatory, slightly angry. "Why did you just leave them?"

"I..."

Alleria paused. She already was aware of what she was supposed to say here, but there was a sudden build up of emotion that almost overtook her consciousness. Like a kettle boiling rapidly enough to have enough force to blow its cover, Alleria almost gotten herself to express this emotion to Fiona. Despite her expression still showing her worry and distress of Fiona's accusation, what was being built up inside of Alleria was anger. For a moment, she felt like she was thinking about how dare the Drapion accuse her of such things after what she had done to keep her, and the rest of the group, safe. The anger building up inside of her confused Alleria. She wasn't supposed to feel something like this. She wasn't supposed to feel like she needed to yell back at the girl before her. She wasn't supposed to feel enough anger to start tearing the girl apart. The continuous string of strange emotions Alleria had scared her. She couldn't understand what was happening with her. Something told her that it was natural, but no way would she accept that.

Whatever was happening, she won't let it win over her.

"I...I don't mean to leave them. I-I said it earlier! I just can't afford to see both Gwen and Lok, especially Lok, be in this mess, so I suggested to you and Nine to lure Al away so the two can leave with that scary maid's help! I...I thought we could disorient him enough in the library to leave and regroup with them later, but..."

Another pause. Alleria, looking like she was ashamed of herself, took a few steps backwards, releasing herself from Fiona. It looked like she was on the verge of crying, but perhaps the reason Fiona would think as its cause and the actual reasoning of it would differ.

"I...I wasn't thinking clearly...with how much...it's...this mess is because of me...Al, Salvatore...had we not met them...I just...I just want you to be safe, Fiona! I was panicking...Nine disappeared somewhere, and with the battle happening, I'm afraid that you might get hurt if we stay longer there. I don't want them to harm you, that's it!

I'm sorry...I'm really sorry...I'll promise you once those people stop chasing us, I'll get you back to our friends, no matter what."

The storage house was a lot more spacious than what it looked like from the outside. Light barely was able to enter it, but at the very least, it was enough for Alleria to see Fiona. Her breathing became heavier, her tears started to fall as the fearful and resenting expression was still etched on the face of the girl that she loved. Even if the voices on her head called for her to stop crying and start enjoying the fear she managed to give to Fiona, the Altaria refused. She couldn't be an entertainer if the only thing she could do was to make people hate her. No matter what her inner voice said, Alleria wished to see Fiona smile earnestly again, one more time.

"I...I really don't want to leave them...I just...I just want to make you safe and...happy..."

yCrzb88.png
Team Sexual Tension
Xerneas' Sanctum

"Please, young one... reconsider," Beatrice stopped her advance as the magical wave of rejuvenation washed over her, wondering what in Yveltal's domain Xerneas could be talking about. She couldn't possibly mean that Beatrice should stop fighting, did she? She shook her head violently, refusing to believe that was the case; cause even if it was, she was not about to give up on avenging Pride Rock's people. Perhaps Xerneas thought Beatrice was going to attack her. That was understandable given that she still held needles in her fists and was charging at the legendary Gijinka in what was easy to perceive as a hostile manner.

She was never going to attack Xerneas, at least not until the condition for her threat would be met; but Beatrice was tempted to punch Xerneas across the face just on the notion that she was told to reconsider. That would be cruel considering the state that Xerneas was in as of that moment. Though on the other hand, she kinda deserved it for helping Jabari out so much in this battle and prolonging it unnecessarily. However, now that she thought of it, Beatrice explored another possible that Xerneas could've have meant for her to reconsider. After all, there was only one more that could make sense given the circumstances.

"If you're talking about the threat I made earlier, I only made it because you established my distrust right from the start," Beatrice stated, "My allies may have already told you that they would protect you, but I'm not here to save your sorry ass. I'm here to avenge a tribe; a tribe whose soldiers had their lives thrown away through corruption and betrayal, and a tribe that would be glad to know a certain Zebstrika and a certain Luxray paid for their misdeeds with their lives. And you've been undermining my efforts to exact justice as well as my allies' effort to stop our common enemy from killing you... all because you wanted to show off and try to heal everyone at once. And now look where it's gotten you..."

Beatrice had been walking towards Xerneas with a more peaceful stride this time, and she maneuvered the needles out of sight using her thumbs.

"Neither of us are in any position to fight each other; that I realize," she sunk her head low for a moment, but it rose again so she could make eye contact with Xerneas, "It's because of that, though, that I'm asking you don't hinder us any more than you already have. If you truly want the fighting to stop, then the only way it will stop is if we kill the Zebstrika in relative peace..."

With that, Beatrice turned her back to Xerneas, positioning her needles forward again and curling her hands into fists again. Hopefully Xerneas would finally understand the reason everyone was fighting to begin with. But now Beatrice had to return her attention to Jabari, who was now trying to kill Denku when suddenly another person was there to stop him. Once again, she had to assume the distraction wouldn't last. She also would probably have to explain to the young Blitzle why Jabari had to die right in front of her, but that was for another time. Fists at the ready, Beatrice charged Jabari and, once again, attacked him from behind. This time she threw many punches, trying to pierce as many pressure points with those needles as she could before inevitably being shoved aside or something.

"Let's...see...how...you...like...be-...-ing...beat...to...death..." Beatrice said in between her punches.

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
Fryst

Incidentally, an Aggron who looked to be feminine emerged from the other side of the tower door, shoving Cabrakan aside so she could deal with the three women.

"Enough ez enough. Stop your actions at once. You are now before one of Frysts three captains and you vill listen. You are under arrest. Surrender or I shall be vorced to drag your unconscious bodies to ze prison cells."

"Y'see, this is exactly why I seek audience with your lord," Cabrakan dusted himself off as he said this, "Because none of this makes any sense,"

He was of course referencing the (unwarranted) manhunt for Isole, which Scarlet and Taiga had got themselves involved in for reasoning that was understandable enough. The hard part was trying to convince this... female... German- or French-speaking Aggron(?) ...that all three were completely innocent.

"Those two I'm imagining you'll charge with aiding and abetting, which I suppose would be fair, if... and only if, you had legitimate reasoning to arrest the Rotom in the first place. And that's where we have an issue," Cabrakan began, prepared for a full-fledged debate if it meant getting Scarlet and the others freed, "I mean, I'm aware that she attacked the Sharpedo, and it's possible for one to argue that the attack was unprovoked. But even then, that was only meant to be strike one, and unless you somehow got a second report within seconds of that one, I fail to see how chasing her around in public is necessary."

And then it hit him. That rod. Perhaps mentioning it would get the captain's attention, and get Cabrakan a face-to-face meeting with the lord. After all, it was doubtful that the captain would except anyone here not named Isole to have knowledge of the rod's existence. It was worth a shot.

"Your lord still thinks she has that rod that allows one dominion over the legendary Kyurem, doesn't he?" Cabrakan asked.

kMykmrI.png

Suiten twitched. He had tried to go to sleep. Emphasis on tried. Annoyed at being woken up by the others' chatter, he turned so he lay on his back, facing the stars and musing on what he had heard. Solgaleo and Lunala huh?

"You seem to know a lot about legends," Kah commented not long after Ari apparently found Lunala up in the stars. "You're familiar with the stories of Reshiram and Zekrom, right? As I heard it, a long time ago in a land far away, the two worked together as one being to help a mighty king with his kingdom or something. However, the king had two sons who didn't get along at all; one adhered strictly to Reshiram's idea of a world ruled entirely by truth, and the other preferred Zekrom and his idea of a world run entirely on ideals. They, uh..." she paused. "I must not have paid a lot of attention to the story," Kah admitted. "I'm probably wrong for all I know, but the point is I left Skuldafn to find Reshiram. I've got a few things I'd like to ask them about, since they apparently know so much about truth."

"What kind of truth would a woman like you want to know?" Kazo grumbled.

"Dragon Legends are kinda. They're kinda weird. There's a buncha them and no one knows the truth. Like one said Rayquaza saved the world by flying up to the stars and fighting a giant alien monster, so weird right? And some think that um...Latios and Latias can fly at super speeds, that'd be amazing wouldn't it? Anyway those two uhhhh." She paused, biting her lip. "Something about...they fought and argued and it caused...something to happen. Something really bad. They had to uh...I forgot what they did but they stopped it somehow together." Mac's frown grew. "Arrgh my head hurts." She buried her face in the grass beneath her and sighed.

"They created...something," Suiten jumped in, startling Ari, who had thought him asleep. His face was grim. "Their argument caused a great evil, and, knowing that, they used both of their energies to seal that evil away."

"Wow," Ari voiced. "You guys seem to know a lot about legendaries." A lot more than he did anyway. All he knew was that the Bringer of Life was pretty special to Pride Rock. Also that Entei was totally cool! The fire lion! But now there's another lion? And a bat? And apparently a lot of dragons.

As the night wore on, Ari checked his bag and gasped when he realized that he had lost most of his stuff in the flood. Now, he only had a single bottle of MooMoo Milk and...his King's Rock! Scooping it up, he cradled it in his hands, holding it against his chest. It was the only thing he had left from home, given to him by his dad. Ari then noticed Mac shivering. Which made him worry. Not even a day had passed since she had almost drowned, and now she was shivering. Maybe she was sick from being in the water for too long like he got sometimes?

Puffing up his chest, he breathed out a fireball at the logs, causing the flames to roar higher. "There, that's better," he grinned. If that still didn't work, they could try cuddling. Not that he needed to sleep with someone anymore, because he was a big boy! He didn't need his mom and dad anymore. No way...he wasn't lonely. His chest hurt, but that was just...uh...entropy! He was entrapathetic for Mac and feeling her pain or whatever the word for that was. He remembered Zago using that word once, but then again Zago used a lot of words.

Suiten just threw his extra blanket on the Helioptile, pointedly turning away as if to pretend he hadn't been the one to do that. Unlike Ari, he was used to swimming with his pack, and indeed all of his possessions were still there. Not that he had much. Really, only the berries and his camping gear. With that done, he attempted to fall asleep once more.

tRCh4Z6.png

8mvNFQT.png

Easter was mad. No, make that very mad. No, make that steaming. Except not really. Mainly he was just annoyed, but mad sounded more dramatic. And oh, did he want to be dramatic right now. Very much so. So maybe he was mad, after all.

Here they were, all set for the big showdown. To meet Kyurem in Coldharbour, to have a chance to finally fight somebody, and then what does Brooke do? "You should probably go ahead. It seems like you’re in a hurry, and we’ve got to eat breakfast and then break camp before we do anything."

Before the Sylveon could even protest that, Deoxys had raced away. And then he couldn't even get mad at Brooke, because he understood why she did it, but...well, her priorities were obviously different from his. Clenching his fists, he forced himself to relax and eat breakfast, though his limbs thrummed with impatience. He might have sent a few dark looks the Emboar's way though. Scratch that, he did.

And then on their way to Coldharbour they were jumped by a Toxicroak, Carnivine, a Skuntank, and a Koffing. "You thought we were finished did ya!" The Toxicroak declared, taking a ridiculous fighting pose, raising one foot in front of them, shakily, and raising his arms above his head. "Well I'll teach you to let us go! Wait, no, that's not what I meant!"

"Yeah you better make sure we stay down this time!" The Carnivine responded.

This day was just going south with every second that passed. "Do you know these idiots?" he asked Brooke, voice deadly quiet. Fury swirled inside like a storm, begging to be released on these pathetic peons in front of him. "Because I'm about to unleash my rage." He didn't care whether they knew why he was so angry or not. Because he was, and that's what mattered. Glancing up at the sky, toward where he instinctually knew the moon to be, he gathered a beam of energy that crashed straight into the Skuntank. He didn't care that it probably wouldn't be enough to knock the skunk out, and that it would have been wiser to use Psyshock on the other poison types. Because that dark type was an eyesore, and he needed to be shown his place. "Who's next?" he giggled, feeling much better now, but still not good enough.

Adarid Library Team Karaoke

Lok had returned to the battlefield much like how he had left it. He was greeted with the sounds of Gwen's cry for alarm as the Rhyhorn slammed against her. "Gwen!" He yelled, preparing a collection of blue wisps on his right hand and a purple fire on his left. However, before he jumped down for another suicidal strike, he stopped. He could almost hear Nine's words echoing "Try not to die kiddo." Lok took a deep breath, remembering all of the other times that he had recklessly dived into battle. He would be no good for his companions if he were to get knock out or severely injured again - in fact, he would be a burden. While he was considering his options, he looked around and saw Nine firing off a Solar Beam at the Skarmory. He wasn't exactly sure in which side they were on now, although if he were to take a guess he would say they weren't on friendly terms with any of the gang members. Deciding on what he wanted to do, Lok aimed and fired a volley of Will-o-Wisps at the Rhyhorn that had struck Gwen before floating down the stairs and regrouped with Gwen. "Are you ok?"

Fryst Team Showdown

Their mad-dash was interupted by a flurry of rocks that had nearly hit her and Isole. She managed to stop next to Taiga and right in front of an armored Aggron guard. Isole had detached herself from Scarlet at this point, and it seemed that Cab had also gotten himself into the mix. "Enough ez enough. Stop your actions at once. You are now before one of Frysts three captains and you vill listen. You are under arrest. Surrender or I shall be vorced to drag your unconscious bodies to ze prison cells." Scarlet cursed under her visible breath, instinctively stepping in between the guard and Isole. Before she could get a word in, Taiga had decided to answer first. "Didn't you know it was opposite day silly?!" Scarlet gave her a quizzical look, thinking about ways to get out of this jam. Cabrakan spoke soon after Taiga. "Y'see, this is exactly why I seek audience with your lord because none of this makes any sense. Those two I'm imagining you'll charge with aiding and abetting, which I suppose would be fair, if... and only if, you had legitimate reasoning to arrest the Rotom in the first place. And that's where we have an issue," He seemed fully ready to defend their case.  "I mean, I'm aware that she attacked the Sharpedo, and it's possible for one to argue that the attack was unprovoked. But even then, that was only meant to be strike one, and unless you somehow got a second report within seconds of that one, I fail to see how chasing her around in public is necessary." Scarlet just nodded along to the words Cab said. "Your lord still thinks she has that rod that allows one dominion over the legendary Kyurem, doesn't he?" She stared at Cabrakan with confusion. She wasn't exactly sure what his game plan was here, but she was sure that whatever he was doing he had planned it through. However, she figured playing dumb was probably for the best, as her primary goal was to protect Isole. She turned her eyes to the Aggron, waiting to see what her response was.

Kazo sighed and curled up, trying to go to sleep. He didn't care about what Mac or any of them had to say. He was exhausted and he just wanted to sleep! To help him sleep, he began to mumble to himself.

"Now will you take me along
When you fly away and play your song?
Because 7 years is far too long...,"

It was doing the trick, as his eyes were beginning to shut. Maybe he would have a peaceful sleep that night. The night moved on, and it seemed to be the case. There was only one thing that stop him from having that peaceful sleep.

A nightmare. The image was blurry, but he knew exactly what was going on. Four years ago... when the one thing he could never get back was stolen away from him... the single worst night of his life. He could remember exactly how everything felt, how she sounded, how horrible that night was...

He woke up in a cold sweat, crying out. He looked down at his hands. They were trembling... his whole body was trembling... He brought his hands to his face, doing his best to choke down a cry that wanted to escape.

"I'm s-still not over it...," He thought as he did his best to stop trembling. 

"Brother? What are you doing?" Denku froze at the same time as Jabari, turning to see the young Bliztle walking in. Brother? Brother? No, no... Denku looked over at Jabari. He was an older brother as well. Oh Arcues, oh Arcues... a bunch of thoughts swam through Denku's head, but only one screamed at him.

"You're just like him,"  The voice stated. Denku couldn't even argue this. If Jabari was fighting for his family... his sister... well, if Denku was in the same position, he would have done the same thing Jabari was doing now. The thought was shaking him, but he needed to ground himself again.

"You're... an... older brother to...," He muttered. 

"You don't need to do this, brother." She said. "I know why you have done what you did, but, this is too much. You have to stop."

"Stop...Dalila. I cannot stop. Not after coming this far...I have to continue. It's the only way we can see our dream come true!" And with those words, Denku's heart dropped into his stomach. He was like Jabari. There was no denying it, because Denku knew, if he had to kill Xerenas or another legend to see or help Kaz... he'd do it without hesitation.

"Dalila... was it?" Denku managed to say. "Can... can you explain what's going on...?" Then, he saw it. Bea was going to attack Jabari from behind. Dammit, no! It wouldn't work in his weakened state, and they finally could get some answers! Then something odd happened... His body seemed to move on its own, slipping behind Jabari and standing like a steadfast shield, taking the needles Bea was attempting to jab.

"I'm... such an idiot," He mused quietly as he felt his body get weak as he shielded Jabari. "Am I... so desperate to not see... siblings torn apart... I'd help... him?" He staggered and fell to a knee. He had no idea how many needles got in him, only that he felt woozy. He was a fool! Now everyone was easy pickings for Jabari!

Adarid City / ~

The Rhyhorn charged at them, and Clotilde tried to block him away from Nine. However, although she was successful in deflecting the Rhyhorn's charge, she missed her timing to use Protect and was thrown back by the impact. Her short stature crashed against a bookcase behind them before she fell to the ground. Thankful for her bulkiness, she quickly hopped up to her feet. After catching a small glimpse of a book on the ground that she was certain was the final entry of a certain series of mystery novels she had been following since three years ago but forgot about due to her unemployment crisis... she quickly leapt back to where Nine stood.

"I apologize. But I believe I have made your job a lot harder now and I appreciate your cooperation in advance." After firing off his charge, not at the Rhyhorn but instead the more distant Skarmory, Nine turned to her. "and please try to not hurt the man in front of you who very clearly has bigger problems to attend to."

"No, that...is fine too." She felt her frustration rising but quickly pressed it down. "More importantly..."

In the small moment she wasn't aware of, Gwen had been hit as well. Ignoring the Rhyhorn Clotilde rushed over. Unfortunately she didn't have any medical supplies left so she had to make do with picking up her body off the ground in a carry.

"Are you ok?" In the span of a few moments, Lok had returned and fired a wisp at the same Rhyhorn, and then ran towards Gwen as well.

"Welcome back. Did you find the other two?" 

Jjj76h5.png

How did she ever end up with this collection of fools? That was what Whisper was thinking as, in spite of her hopes that the song would calm the others as it had her when she'd heard it first, the fight continued. In fact it even intensified, with the Larvesta going so far as to destroy one of the statues that Xerneas had been using. Well that certainly would make killing Jabari easier in the here and now, but it seemed contrary to what Richard had sent them out to do. Though the most infuriating part of it was what came when the Larvesta approached her.

"Hey you, let's start killing this overcompensating horsehead now. You're not thinking of running away, right? It'd be a bit disappointing if your order lost someone when they're turning tail out of a mission.~" She nearly turned a blade on the Larvesta then and there, but she held her composure for now. Attacking one of her "allies" wouldn't exactly make things any better right now. That said, she did owe the girl an answer.

"As I have been trying to say, fighting here is pointless. We're outmatched, and beyond that Xerneas is just going to continue healing anyone here. The only thing that will result out of continued fighting is all of us wearing ourselves down to exhaustion. If any killing happens, it won't be until we're out of the Lord of Life's reach." That was her perspective on events anyways. She didn't have any desire to waste more energy than she had already, and beyond that there was still one interesting turn of events to come about here.

"Brother, what are you doing?" So her target had family. That could prove useful for getting him into a position where his life could be taken, but that would again have to wait. "You don't need to do this, brother. I know why you have done what you did, but, this is too much. You have to stop." She was doing an admirable job of distracting Jabari right now, and in any other time or any other place Whisper would not have hesitated to try and take his head. It even seemed that their "friend" the beedrill was thinking along similar lines, but with the Lord of Life poised to undo any amount of damage that could be done- and then the pupitar just had to throw himself into this like a shield. Alright, she couldn't just let a prospect like him get himself killed over something stupid like that. So she took a few steps forward, just enough to get them into range, with a prayer on her lips.

"Lord of the night, I beg your forgiveness

I do not aim to kill, but rather to save.

However, the one I aim to save is one who might serve you yet

So look favorably upon me."

As she spoke, darkness welled up around her until the only part of her that was visible were her eyes, faintly gleaming in the moonlight. With her hands raised in a placating gesture, she unleashed the force that she had gathered. At the very least it should hit Jabari, Bea, and Denku, probably Fia as well if she hadn't run off somewhere by now, and though it would almost certainly be a painful experience she hoped only to blast the three of them away from each other. If her Lord looked favorably upon them, then perhaps he would choose not to take one of them, or at least take one that was not her prospective protege. In any case, once the Pulse had rocked the clearing, she had some words for them.

"Can we cut this tauros crap now? This entire fight is pointless when the Lord of Life is watching it." She just imagined her mother was rolling in her grave...metaphorically speaking. She'd have to make a trip back to their Adarid Headquarters and see about burying their bodies, if the watchers hadn't already seen to it.

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (contains 5x Spelon Berries)

"What kind of truth would a woman like you want to know?"

Kah had heard that. She paid it no mind, however, as Mac had much to say about dragon legends. Kah only intently listened once Mac neared the end of her talk, to the part regarding Reshiram and Zekrom.

"Something about...they fought and argued and it caused...something to happen. Something really bad. They had to uh...I forgot what they did but they stopped it somehow together. Arrgh my head hurts."

"They created...something. Their argument caused a great evil, and, knowing that, they used both of their energies to seal that evil away."

"Wow. You guys seem to know a lot about legendaries."

Kah remained silent. She was stuck on trying to remember the specifics behind Reshiram and Zekrom, not even noticing Mac's shivering or much else besides the fire, until Ari shot forth a little fireball to bring the flames higher. "There, that's better." Kah smiled. This was still small, but it was a start. The rest of the group seemed content with rolling over and trying to get some shuteye. Not Kah, however. Between being attacked by that bug freak, the flooding lake, and all the other inconveniences that had befallen the team lately, she wasn't taking any chances. Plus, she wanted to remember the details behind the legends. As such, Kah sat there, occasionally breathing some fire of her own into the campfire to keep it roaring and hot.

With all that had gone down lately, the tranquility of the scene was actually welcome to her. A starlit sky above, the sounds of the forest and the fire in front of her, and the earth beneath her body...it was nice. Of course, as if she wasn't allowed to have some peace and quiet for once, something had broken the immersion of her calm night. Kah had sprung up to her feet, fists at the ready to pulverize whatever had dared to ruin this rare moment for her...then she realized it was just Kazo crying out as he shot out of his slumber.

"Oh, it's just you," Kah sighed as she lied back down on the ground beneath her, looking up to the stars above. She was quiet for a moment, but now that somebody else was awake...

"I heard what you said by the way." For once, Kah didn't sound angry or over-excited. As if the usual fire rushing in her veins had simmered down into a few hot embers. "So, here's the kind of truth I'm looking for. I'm just guessing here, but you've probably never been to Skuldafn before. A city of dragons, where we're the master race. You get kicked out just for giving birth to a half-breed, along with the whelpling and its other parent. My parents didn't like that whole dragon supremacy idea though. They think we're definitely stronger than other types, but we're supposed to use that power to help other types instead of ruling over them. So I got fed up with it, packed my things, and went off to find Reshiram."

Kah paused briefly to glance at the campfire. It was dying down again. Breathing in deeply, Kah blew out a thin stream of fire to re-ignite the fire and send the flames back up to a level that made her happy. "I figured if anyone could tell them I was right, it's Reshiram; the dragon of truth. Together, we'd create that world of truth and make a great dragon empire...it was a pretty selfish dream, now that I've thought about it some more. I mean, just look at these two." To signify who "these two" were, Kah gestured toward Mac and Ari with her arms. "They wouldn't last a month in that kind of world. I still need answers though. Are we supposed to rule and I'm just getting soft? Or maybe I've been wrong this whole time? Hell if I know. That's the kind of truth I want to know."

Turning her head in Kazo's direction, Kah asked "That answer your question?" She still didn't sound angry at all. In fact, she was smiling.

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk

Brooke ultimately came to the decision.

“You should probably go ahead. It seems like you’re in a hurry, and we’ve got to eat breakfast and then break camp before we do anything. Thank you for all of the help, though, really! Maybe we’ll see you in Coldharbour?”

"Very well if that is the decision I shall be on my way. We may very well meet in Coldharbour. If it still exists by then."

Deoxys then left. And as Brooke had said they would, the group had to eat breakfast and break camp. Once that was all done, it was back into the icy cold of the tundra. They had been following the tracks left by Deoxys, when suddenly...

"You thought we were finished did ya! Well I'll teach you to let us go! Wait, no, that's not what I meant!"

"Yeah you better make sure we stay down this time!"

These two again. The guys that had kidnapped Dora back in Deku. Easter was the first to step forward and fight.

"Who's next?"

Fawkes, on the other hand, stepped back. With the power of illusion, she changed her shape, becoming...a snowman. Hiding in plain sight.

Kazo sighed to himself as he took a few deep breaths to calm himself down. He hugged his knees, closing his eyes. He had to calm down, before he started to freak out in a strange room with people that he couldn't afford to have looking down on him. At least... it couldn't get any worse.

"Oh, it's just you," Oh crap. That was the last person he wanted to see him like this. "I heard what you said by the way." That was even worse. He was so dead, he knew it... except... she didn't sound angry like she usually did. No, she seemed much more... mellow than usual. She then calmly explained why she was doing on this trip, why she believed what she did, and what she wanted to learn. On one hand... he had to admire her determination. However, he just didn't know...

"That answer your question?" She asked, giving a genuine smile. What the hell? She actually seemed cute when she was smiling. He could feel a blush burning on his face, so he hugged his knees, hoping it covered his cheeks.

"Y-yeah, it does," He managed to say. He stared at the fire, gazing at it before commenting. "I don't think I'd be allowed in Skuldafn... My mother is a Garchomp but... I have no idea what my father is... for all I know, I could be part Ivysaur. Still, I th-think I'd like to meet your parents...," He looked over towards Ari. "I like the idea of being a protector... to help others...," He sighed. "Still, I don't know why we're considered a master race. Fairy Types resist us, are super effective against us, and have less weaknesses than us... That doesn't sound like something a 'master race' would have hanging over our heads...,"

He shook his head. He was rambling, and he honestly was probably ruining this moment. "S-sorry, I probably said a bit too much. I have to r-respect the fact you have a clear and decently noble goal... all I want to do is outrun Latios...," He sighed and laid back down. Yeah, he ruined this moment.

Archived