Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (contains 5x Spelon Berries)

"Well, I'm going to go look for food. If I'm not back by tomorrow morning, send a search party."

"If you're not back by morning I'll find you myself," Kah responded. As much as Kah wanted to follow him, there were still Mac and Ari to deal with. More importantly, she had to get the latter of the two going with some confidence in his abilities. It was small, but Kah had an idea of where to start. Setting Mac down off her back and placing her up against the tree Ari and Suiten were on, Kah took a look at her surroundings. Approaching the nearest tree that didn't have the boys on it, Kah gripped the trunk and began climbing her way up until she caught the first branch in her hand; a branch she pulled at repeatedly with whatever she could still muster in this state, until it would eventually come off.

Returning to ground level, branch in hand, Kah began breaking the wood in her hand down into smaller branches and twigs, setting them near herself and Mac on the ground. Looking up to where Ari was perched, the Hydreigon said "She's cold, I'm not exactly toasty myself, and I already blew out most of my energy on making sure Mac doesn't drown. Do us both a favor and get a campfire lit, would you?" The plan was now in motion.

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk

My gender is unimportant but according to your body structure I believe this current form could be called female for the most part. I, in fact, have arms. They are underneath the appendages you call tentacles. As for an invasion....While an invasion could be a logical solution to the problems I bear witness to it is not under my authority that such a thing happens. I assure you that if an invasion happens it will not be decided by my own opinion."

"It can hear my thoughts," Fawkes very quietly whispered to herself, low enough that she could barely even hear herself. As she continued working on helping build a snow fort, a mass of snow suddenly fell atop the wall...and subsequently crashed down upon Fawkes. Snow was heavier than she gave credit for. The collision of snow and person had brought Fawkes down off her feet, and her small legs weren't able to push her back up under the weight of the snow. It was cold under here.

"Fawkes? Dora?"

"Fawkes?! Dora?!"

Right, she wasn't the only one here after all. That was Easter's voice; he'd probably be able to help pull her out of the snow. It took a bit more effort than she'd like to admit, but with a bit of pushing, Fawkes was able to shove her arm up through the snow, resulting in half a little arm poking out from the snow that had fallen on her, and waving. "Over here!" she called out. Odds were that her voice was muffled a bit by the snow, but surely if somebody were listening intently, they'd be able to hear her.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
Fryst

Cabrakan sighed heavily as he ventured himself away from the others and walked through the cemetery. It had taken a while to go through all the graves inside, but eventually he got to the one that signified where his wife's bones had been buried. The ground was cold and damp as one would expect from... well, anywhere in Fryst really, but Cabrakan found himself kneeling next to the grave anyway, and read the insignia that had been carved into the headstone.

"Here lies Trixie
A brave woman who dared climb to the summit of Mt. Icecrown
'Tis unfortunate that she had not prevailed"

"Brave, huh?" Cabrakan shook his head after saying this, "I wouldn't have called it that myself, but... not my funeral..."

It was painful knowing Trixie was buried down in the snow somewhere, but alas, that couldn't be helped. A single tear descended down Cabrakan's face. He wanted to join Trixie in spirit, but he still had things to accomplish before he would be ready. Aside from his mission, he'd still wanted to try and find Entei for one. And he still had to give Bubble that Air Balloon before he forgot. Cabrakan rose up again and turned to leave, but as he took a few steps, he found himself turning back towards Trixie's resting place.

"Taiga reminds me so much of you, Trixie" he stated sorrowfully.

Team Sexual Tension, Day 8, Xerneas' Sanctum

Xerneas looked confused at Whisper's words. Yveltal here? No, that wouldn't be possible as things were. The death she sensed was someone who was already here. Someone was going to die if they didn't stop it. The question is, who? Who must she protect?

Jabari didn't move as Bea threw her needles, expecting her current state to keep it from hitting. He was mostly right as one of the needles scrapped past his neck, opening a slight wound, and forcing him to wince.

Suddenly he was attacked from two sides. Denku bit into his arm after shouting something about having to stop. Then the Bug, who he had been trying to ignore for the most part, latched onto his face and began digging her fingers into him, unleashing flames around them both. He roared out in pain as the flames lapped at his face, burning one side of it before he could attempt to pull away.

The sound that Jabari let out was that of a wounded animal, but also something even more primal, warrior-like.

The electrical terrain surrounding the battlefield was nearly instantly absorbed into Jabari and his whole body crackled with electricity.

And then the electricity he absorbed exploded outwards. The Gijinka near Jabari, including Bea who he released the grip of when he was bitten, were struck by a powerful electric jolt that sent them flying a dozen feet away, and minor paralysis was felt throughout their bodies. Even Whisper was struck with some of the residual electricity, a stray spark or two that lashed at her.

Jabari was breathing heavily, but seemed none the worse for wear, besides the burns across the left side of his face, as he swept his gaze across each of the group. "Very well." He spoke, voice crackling with energy. "You have my attention." The Godslayer was ready for battle now. No longer did he have a single target in mind. He realized now he would have to bring each and every one of them down.

---

While this went on, a lone figure was outside the woods, looking for entrance with increasing urgency, as a storm began in the skies above.

Team Mac, Day 10, Crystal Lake

Do us both a favor and get a campfire lit, would you

Mac groaned as her eyes fluttered open. Fire lit? She looked around and realized that she had passed out during all that excitement, and everyone had saw. She sprung to her feet suddenly, knocking anything nearby away. "I'm okay I'm okay!" She said loudly, flailing about, and experiencing a sudden pain in her head. "Ooooow....Kah why'd you take so long? I had to be saved by...by...." Mac stopped. Who was that? She felt she should know but she was drawing a blank. An idea came to mind and she turned to Suiten. "Do you know who that was?" She asked pointedly.

Then, upon realizing that Kazo was gone, mentioned. "Wait! Where'd he go!? Did you let him run off? What's he gonna do without me guiding him?" She groaned and took a step before realizing she wouldn't be able to move much, and flopped down onto the ground again. "Ugggh this is...lame." She complained. "A hero shouldn't have to fight water of all things." She continued to grumble, and spark, as she stared angrily at the sticks Kah had gathered. Without realizing what she was doing she let off a spark directly over the sticks and it kindled a small fire. "Ha! Totally meant to do that!"

Seemingly happy once again she began to

as she watched the tiny fire she created.

Night was falling, and Kazo would soon find that the owls and other nocturnal creatures of the woods seemed to be none too happy about his trapping through the woods. Eventually he would find himself beset by one particularly large owl, who tried to claw at his face as he passed its home.

Team Showdown, Day 11, Fryst

Arthur hummed happily, and off-tune, as he worked and Taiga seemed to accept his orders just fine. He clammed up though, when Sevda spoke up, frowning at Taiga as she answered.

"Tch...shows what you know about mixups.  I think it was just some weird paralysis effect I got from that damn refrigerator.  Tongue's a muscle after all...the strongest muscle. Of course it's gonna spaz out when a current runs through it. You don't mean to think I accused that poor little girl of being some sorta pirate did ya?  And here I thought you security types were supposed to be smart!  FUFUFU!" 

Arthur decided not to say anything about how ridiculous of an excuse that was. She was a very, very, bad liar. It made him curious what was going on but, well, he knew better than to stick his nose in things. He just finished cleaning up and waited for Sevda to respond.

"Hm, I see then. Well that's quite unfortunate." Sevda said at last. "Well, I'll leave you for now. Don't forget about that pie. If you don't mind not meeting the Lord, who I assure you would be willing to hear out any wishes you may have, who knows he might help you out in your travels, you can just hand it over now."

With that she left.

Once outside she sent into the air a signal and soon after a Ninjask appeared, almost silently, and asked her for what she needed. "Seems we might have a problem. There's a girl we need to take into custody, spread the word." She then gave a description of Isole, and sent the Ninjask on his way. "Don't harm her companions if you can help it, they might be with her against their will."

Inside Arthur pattered around awkwardly, trying not to bring up the question of what's going on, instead he handed Taiga a lollipop. "Usually it's for kids but, here, you look like you could use it." He smiled lopsided at her and winked exaggeratedly.

---

Isole gazed into the sky, taking slow breaths. Would she be able to really do it? Make the changes that needed to be made, find something that she could do with her life? Sure life aboard the SSS was, as much as she was loath to admit it, fun. And she certainly had some talent when it came to their work. But was she satisfied with that? And then again...Was the world out here really worth trying for? Maybe she was better off where she had been.

"Isole...?"

She cringed as Scarlet spoke. She turned slowly, only the slightest hint that she was having any kind of worries. "Yes?" She said dully. At least it was this one, and not one of the other two. "If you want to scold me save it, don't want to hear it...But do whatever you want I guess, not like I can do anything about it."

That's when she noticed some movement. The guards, were they looking at them? They seemed to be talking among themselves as well. What was going on?

Meanwhile Cabrakan would notice that the guards seemed slightly on edge, and were moving about more than usual.

Team Karaoke, Day 10, Adarid City

Gwen was put-off by Clotilde's response, not having expected such practicality and bluntness. Is this what a maid is, then? Highly unusual. "Ah, alright, well, let's Gogoat then I suppose." She said, at Clotilde's plan. Was she really expecting to encounter problems just then? Well, whatever the case, if she was this adamant about being careful then she saw no reason not to follow through.

She kept a bit of a distance from Clotilde, ready to do whatever she could to help her if trouble arose.

As it stood, however, as they went through the familiar front door of the library it seemed that nothing had happened. It was empty.

Gwen cringed as they looked around. That woman had been here, just the other day, and now....Gwen closed her eyes tight, trying not to go too much farther down this hole. Then she heard a loud noise coming from farther on, and a shout. "I can't, as you said, sense life or anything of the sort, but I believe we are not alone."
She couldn't help but to move forward. She was reminded suddenly of the incident with the Zangoose and Seviper. She had to stay calm, and bold, if she was to keep her friends safe. And so she went towards the sounds. Gwen wished Wally were here.

---

It was chaos down below. The Skarmory, after scoffing and calling the group spineless cowards, leaped over the railing of the staircase and spread his wings. They were coated in some kind of steel as he slammed into one of the Rhyhorn Gijinka, bowling them over.

Meanwhile the Talonflame opened his mouth wide and shot out a Fire Blast towards Al, who stomped the ground and sent up a pillar of earth to block the attack. This seemed to just make the Flying Gijinka even more heated, as they began to shiver with excitement.

The Rhyhorn not having been attacked, as well as the Diggersby, seemed to ignore these two and went straight for Salvatore. The Rhyhorn formed a small rock in their palms and shot it at him, aiming to Smack him Down. The Diggersby launched Mud Shots through their mouths.
Salvatore just grinned and Protected, the attacks bouncing off.

Fiona groaned, and mentally smacked herself for showing this side of her, as Nine responded to her intent. She barely was able to tear her eyes off the fight to look as Nine left, leaving her behind with Alleria.

"Uh...it's not really a time to do this, and I don't think these would suffice...but...uh...I'm sorry for whatever happened last night. I did bad, didn't I? Perhaps I hurt your feelings or your body...well...if you need anything, I'll be on your side.

Even now, I still love you. So yeah, let's escape from this place then. I know the sight of this place being trashed is hard to see - my mentor was the librarian of this place, you know? This place was most of my childhood...

Ah, pardon. Let's get moving, Fiona. We're not in a position to do anything for now."

Mouth agape, Fiona wasn't able to voice her thoughts. Which were that this woman was absolutely insane. Love? What? No way. That was just crazy talk right? "Uh, okay, um. Thanks...I think I uh...bad, yeah...definitely...bad." Though it was hard to pinpoint exactly what it was that she had done. With that Alleria seemed ready to go and Fiona, having given up on the thought of fighting for now, went along with it. "I don't know if it'll be enough, this fight seems...large."

As they reached the other end, they heard a couple bookshelves collapsing. Looking down this stairway they'd notice that the fight mostly spread out along the entire southern half of the lower floor by now. They could slip through but there was no guarantee they wouldn't be hit by a stray shot, or, body, as the Rhyhorn, hit by a second Steel Wing, was thrown into the stairway under them.

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 11, Tundra

I figured you could. After all, you seem to be a psychic type, if your use of telepathy is any hint. And you mentioned two targets, but you didn't explicitly say Kyurem, though you did say Thundurus. You seem to be interested in Kyurem, but for all I know, Kyurem could be elsewhere. Coldharbour does indicate ice type, but, no offense, I don't make assumptions. And there are more ice legendaries besides Kyurem. As for whether our mental faculties have developed...well, sometimes I feel that way with certain gijinka

Once more Deoxys waited until later to respond. In fact it was while Easter was desperately trying to clear away the snow. Only this time she spoke out loud. "I repeat. Mental development not as high as I thought." She simply watched with interest as the group moved about.

"Fawkes?! Dora?!"

Dora didn't respond for a while, no movement, no speaking, nothing...and then, when Easter was right above her...She shot a Water Gun through the snow and right into Easter's face. "Got you!" She said, giggling. Though she couldn't move still, her weak arms being even more pinned than usual.

Still, though, the snow wall looked darn good.

Thundurus grinned, panting heavily, as blood seeped from a wound on his head and dripped down his face, only to be washed away by the rain that fell around him and the Lucario, who the Legend held in a tight grip.

"Foolish mortal. You...had no chance." he said. He raised his other hand and gathered energy, ready to strike Lucario with another bolt of Thunder.

And then, the Lucario, who was hanging limply, stirred. His aura suddenly flared out and the energy that was now radiating from him caused Thundurus to flinch, and tremble. Lucario reached up and grabbed Thundurus by the arm holding him and gripped it tight, crushing the bone. Lucario dropped down and he flung his leg into Thundurus' side, cracking a rib and sending him into a building.

With the rain pettering out, Lucario was standing over Thundurus in an instant. Without any words he raised his hand and shot an Aura Sphere.

The rain stopped.

Thundurus didn't move.

Lucario let out a sigh as the energy surrounding him dimmed. He turned towards the mountains to the East. He had a mission to do now that this detour was over.

Kazo sighed as he looked through the woods. There really didn't seem to be anything worth eating. The bushes were deprived of berries, and he didn't feel like hunting. He didn't have it in him to kill some poor animal. He sighed as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. Night was beginning to fall, and the forest was... pretty spooky. He gulped and shook his head. He needed to try to keep his spirits up... so he did the only thing he knew how to do. He sang.

"You and I, we both know well
I couldn't do this by myself
And every day it's all the same
You picked me up when down I fell

But I'm still standing through and through
I know exactly what to do
I'll give it everything I got
Although I'm not stronger than you...,"

He wasn't ready for a sudden owl attack however, and got a nice scratch across his cheek. "A-are you kiddin' me?!" He muttered as he looked at his bleeding cheek. What was it with birds and attacking him?! "E-everyone's a critic," He muttered as he ran off, trying to find the camp before the owl attacked again.

"Very well. You have my attention."

"G-great...," Denku muttered. "It's about time you... oh... oh...," He sighed in defeat as he realized Jabari was still ready to fight. He growled as he clenched his fist and slowly stood up. Why was he so insistent? Why couldn't he stop for just five minutes and listen?! He felt a familiar emotion well up inside of him, anger. He took a step forwards pausing, grunting with effort. Crap, was he paralyzed? That wasn't good. He turned to look at Bea and Fia. 

"Listen, we don't have time for this man's bull," he said, his voice as cold as steel instead of the quiet and depressed tone he usually had. "Bea, Fia, go talk to Xerenas, find out exactly what the hell is going on. I'm sick of being left in the dark. I'll hold off Jabari long enough for you to get info," His eyes then narrowed. "And actually do what I said. If you try to jump in, I will throw you out of it," He took another step forwards. an aura surrounding his body, which took the form of a dragon. "As for you...," He directed to Jabari before he ran to the best of his ability, using his gas to propel him through the air, aiming an Outrage Punch to Jabari's face. "WHY WON'T YOU STOP AND LISTEN?!" He then reared back his other fist, attempting to throw a second punch, but he felt his muscles locking up, preventing him from following through.

This was not good.

The Slums Team Karaoke

As they walked into the library, it was...empty. Once he saw his two companions going in, he followed suit. To think, this was were this whole misadventure started. He could even picture the Xatu at the counter. The whole place gave him the shivers as he tried to shake off those memories. At the very least, it seemed safe in there for the time being. This quietness, however, seemed to be disrupted by a distant noise, followed by a scream. "I can't, as you said, sense life or anything of the sort, but I believe we are not alone." Lok turned to Gwen, whom had started to float towards what seemed to be the source of the noise. Lok followed closely behind her. The chaos only seemed to intensify as they approached the source of the noise. He prepared a small Wisp in his hand, preparing for the worst.

Outskirts of Fryst Team Showdown

"Yes?" Scarlet let out a sigh of relief as she heard the familiar dull voice. "If you want to scold me save it, don't want to hear it...But do whatever you want I guess, not like I can do anything about it." 

"Not at all, I was just worried about you! The last time we split up like this you..." She rubbed her arm a bit "I'm just glad you're ok." She smiled, taking another look around her. What she noticed is that the guards were acting strange. They seemed to be staring at them, talking among themselves. The way they looked at them made her feel...uneasy. "...c;mon, let's go find the others" She said to Isole, hinting that they should leave. Something told her that staying here would be a bad idea.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

Fryst

"Hm, I see then. Well that's quite unfortunate." The way she said it...could she have possibly known that Taiga was full of it?  "Well, I'll leave you for now. Don't forget about that pie. If you don't mind not meeting the Lord, who I assure you would be willing to hear out any wishes you may have, who knows he might help you out in your travels, you can just hand it over now."

"Well if he's gonna do me a favor, might as well keep the thing, eh?"  She tucked the pie back into her pack and brushed Sevda off as she left.

"Usually it's for kids but, here, you look like you could use it." 

Taiga looked to Arthur who was offering her a lollipop.  

"Usually...I don't eat it unless it bleeds..."  A short memory filled her head, where she once coughed up part of a bar stool she had eaten when she got a little too drunk.  She scratched her cheek and shrugged.  "Meh...thanks doc."  She took the lollipop and chomped on the stick.  Now that Sevda was gone, it was time to get down to business with this cat.  She grabbed him by the collar, from out of nowhere.  "Now listen here pops, you best tell me what's really going down here.  That tree ain't breathing down your neck no more, so you better spill it!"  She pushed him away and twisted the lollipop around in her mouth.  "You see, I wasn't asking cause I actually cared about your family.  As a matter a fact, a little greninja in Coldharbour asked me to come and 'rescue you'.  Said he was your son or some crap...to be honest, I don't see the family resemblance."  She crossed her legs and her arms.  That greninja was just as a creep as Arthur was though.   

"So...I'll ask one more time...what are you doin' here?"  

rJpKuFs.png?1

"I don't know if it'll be enough, this fight seems...large."

"Yeah, let's just leave. Where is Nine?"

Nine had left earlier than both of them, and so they decided to catch up to him while avoiding most of the scuffle around them. It's just too much to bother right now, and Alleria's focus now was to protect Fiona no matter what. They rushed towards the other end, but then the sound of bookshelves crumbling took their attention. The fight were now focused on that area. They could sneak by, but there would always the risk of being hit by a stray shot or a thrown body. There weren't really much that the two could do now outside of rushing down there, however. But, perhaps she could chose to make an exit instead.

"Fiona...uh...please hold to me, I'll carry you. I have an idea on how should I do this. Trust me on this one, please."

yUaDQKQ.png?1

87%

"Ugh..."

Jabari's explosion destroyed Fia net and threw her away, away from her children. Paralyzed and unable to move, the most that she could do was to use Morning Sun while her body was still grounded. The sunlight that pierced the sanctuary restored some of her fighting strength. Not enough to make her able to shake off the paralysis, but it's good enough to get her going again once the paralysis wore off. Just soon, she would be able to fight again, and she would be able to protect her children for real soon. But her sight went to Denku, and she started to feel panic, however as he opened his mouth, that feeling was replaced by anger instead.

"Listen, we don't have time for this man's bull,"

88%

You're not the one that decide about things around here, Denku.

89%

"Bea, Fia, go talk to Xerenas, find out exactly what the hell is going on.

90%

I'm sick of being left in the dark. I'll hold off Jabari long enough for you to get info."

91%

Just do that on your own then. Stand back and let me do what Mother told me to.

92%

"And actually do what I said. If you try to jump in, I will throw you out of it,"

93%

Listen to what your mother have to say, Denku.

94%

"As for you...,"

95%

Denku, don't do it. Listen to what I have to say. Let me handle him. Get out.

96%

"WHY WON'T YOU STOP AND LISTEN?!"

97%

"..."

98%

"WHY DON'T YOU DO THE SAME, DENKU?!"

99%

Enough is enough.

iU8EggM.png

By sheer force of anger, Fia forced herself to stand. What was wrong with her? What the hell was wrong with her children? What the hell was wrong with Jabari, that idiot Xerneas, and that stupid James that caused this entire thing to happen in the first place?

"What is actually wrong with all of you?! Bea, Denku, I am your mother! Why can't you two understand it? Stay back, let mother take care of this! You've done many reckless things, Bea. Even as your mother, I don't know why are you still alive now. Can't you think about what you're doing for once? Denku, I know you're dying already, so stop trying to shorten your lifespan! And what's with all the loner attitude you have? You bottle up everything to yourself, never caring to share to anyone. We are a family! Now see what doing that ended up to you. Even now, you keep talking about how you'd handle thing on your own.

That makes me sick.

WHY CAN'T EITHER OF YOU HAVE A CARE IN LIFE FOR ONCE!

I can't care less about you two, Xerneas, Jabari. I'd let you two be, but Mother told me to stop the ones that chose to murder the pillars of this world. Even if that was my original intention. But that no longer matters."

Fia's eyes were burning with her resolve. Her bottled up emotions, the frustration that she hid even from the Flames of Rebirth, produced an intense heat around her. The Larvesta showed a smile. It felt great to release the pent up feelings within herself, and admitting how far she had fallen from her original path. She had vowed to seek out the Rainbow Bird and vanquish it to release herself from the binding of fate, but in the end she chose to believe that she was her mother, and thus Fia clung herself to her. She chose to view Bea, Denku, and Albrecht as her children, but she failed to be a good mother to them. One left, and the rest never listened to her. Why was that even a thing? She wanted a good mother, she wanted to be a good mother too, but both chances were robbed away from her from fate.

Even so, this was what fate had chosen for her. Whether she liked or not, this was her path. Her flames, once that was of her blind determination and unshakable willpower, had changed. She didn't deserve being a saint that would be willing to be burned at the stake while the whole world declared her as a witch for the sake of her belief. She had shown her dent. And now, her flames that were once unstoppable waned, and were led into a new form. She was only here out of her selfishness. The desire to have a mother, the desire to be venerated, the desire to be a good mother to her child. Her flames were impure now. Her own emotions had tainted it. She shed her ceremonial robe, revealing her skin for a moment before it all combusted.

Being impure is fine. Her flames, her destiny, would now be in her control. No need to pretend about anything anymore.

The flames continued to burn her body as she approached Jabari. With her consciousness fading, the image of a baby Larvesta passed her mind. Fia smiled to herself before the flames tore the flesh from her bones. The last thought she had before was the belief that the baby girl she saw led a good life, far away out there.

It didn't take long for the fire to completely burn the remains of the false prophet to ashes, just a few steps before she reached Jabari.

Progress towards Fia's explosion: 100%

Adarid City / ~
Clotilde pushed open the library door and peeked inside, which turned out to be rather devoid of enemies and allies alike. Glad she didn't land the worst-case scenario, she beckoned Lok to join them inside. "...We'll proceed towards with the same strategy. Stay slightly further away, Lok."

Very soon after, before they could properly explore the area, sounds and screams resounded from further in. "I can't, as you said, sense life or anything of the sort, but I believe we are not alone." Gwen said on prompt. The sounds were not reassuring.

They arrived to a half-ravaged library room. The vast amount of space this room held was rather staggering, even for Clotilde who had visited here before on her book ventures. However rather than the rows of bookshelves she expected, the books were scattered around the room, some damaged well beyond repair and some were even on fire. There were areas where the floor was ravaged as if it was forcibly pushed up, and in addition to the books on the ground there were pebbles and rocks as well.

The cause of all this was evident, for there were several parties already inside the room. The ones she recognized first was the brutish Nidoking and a subordinate of his, seemingly. There was also the trio who they had hoped to reunite with, standing on the floor above separated from the ground by a staircase. Inbetween that were two more individuals she did not recognize, who seemed to be engaged in battle of a high caliber against the first two.

"Admittingly I am rather lost for what to do..." Clotilde muttered as she took note of the scenario before her. She wasn't sure if she should engage in the fight just yet. She decided to hold her ground, not taking a step further.

yCrzb88.png
Team Sexual Tension
Xerneas' Sanctum

Her last attack whiffing entirely, Beatrice could only whimper in defeat, and make peace with the fact that soon, she would be strangled to death. She could feel her trachea collapsing under the force that Jabari had applied, her final ounce of strength ready to be extinguished like a flame starved of the necessary oxygen. But just as it was close to being snuffed out, Denku and Fjanna dived on top of Jabari, biting into the arm that had wrung Beatrice's neck and trying set his whole skull ablaze respectively.

"D-... Denku..." Beatrice murmured hoarsely, unable to believe her own eyes, "... F-Fia...?"

Their valiant attempts to save her life had, unfortunately, gotten the three of them blown away by a powerful attack that Jabari, electricity coursing through their veins and paralyzing them as a result. Beatrice was easily the worst for wear this time around, paralysis being compounded onto confusion, dizziness and a busted windpipe.

But at least she was still alive.

"We're... dying, here... and now you think we've warranted your attention?" Beatrice glowered, her voice little than a whisper due to the damage inflicted upon her throat, "...you... funking coward..."

With that, she slowly clambered back up on her feet. Of course, the smart thing to have done here was to admit defeat. But Beatrice didn't exactly win any prizes for being smart. No... she would fight to the very end, and try her best to avenge those who'd died through Jabari's traitorous hands. She hadn't remembered the Absol's warning that Yveltal was coming, and even if she had, she wouldn't have been to discern if that warning would turn out to be true. Nor would she care.

"Listen, we don't have time for this man's bull," Denku stated, as if he was to get anywhere with what he was about to tell the others, "Bea, Fia, go talk to Xerneas, find out exactly what the hell is going on. I'm sick of being left in the dark. I'll hold off Jabari long enough for you to get info,"

"He's too strong for you to take on yourself, you idiot!" Beatrice was quick to protest, as always, "Even I know tha-...!"

"And actually do what I said," Denku intervened, "If you try to jump in, I will throw you out of it. As for you..."

...so he was serious, then? Beatrice shook her head. She was supposed to be the one to rush headlong into battle with no heed to enemy strategy or preparation, not Denku. She could only watch as Denku took a leaf from her book, and tried an Outrage attack.

"WHY WON'T YOU STOP AND LISTEN??!!"

"WHY DON'T YOU DO THE SAME, DENKU??!!" Fjanna exclaimed, "What is actually wrong with all of you?! Bea, Denku, I am your mother! Why can't you two understand it?"

'Maybe because no you're not?' once again Beatrice found herself shaking her head. Was Fjanna really that delusional that she'd think of herself as a mother to the team? Come to think of it, this was a completely different side to the special snowflake that everyone knew and loved. Something was definitely amiss with this Fjanna, but Beatrice couldn't put her finger on it. Her best guess was that the events in Pride Rock had finally taken their toll on Fjanna's mind.

"You've done many reckless things, Bea. Even as your mother, I don't know why you're still alive now. Can't you think about what you're doing for once?" she first had been given Beatrice a piece of her mind, then quickly turned to Denku, "Denku, I know you're dying already, so stop trying to shorten your lifespan! And what's with all the loner attitude you have? You bottle up everything to yourself, never caring to share to anyone. We are a family! Now see what doing that ended up to you. Even now, you keep talking about how you'd handle things on your own. That makes me sick. WHY CAN'T EITHER OF YOU HAVE A CARE IN LIFE FOR ONCE??!!"

"ENOUGH!!" Beatrice yelled... though it would be more correct to say that she'd tried to; her voice was failing her, obviously, but the last thing she wanted on her deathbed was any kind of lecture, "Fia... look. I get that you want to take on the role of a mother, and we're glad you care that much about us; we really do. But let's get one thing straight while I'm still alive: you... are not... our mom. I don't know what had gotten into you since we got here, but... there's not a single delusion you could have in your head that could truthfully tell you otherwise." 

With that off her chest, Beatrice tried to spare some time to recover her strength. It was the smartest thing she'd done during this whole fight. To be fair, she'd been running on fumes, and although Xerneas was unnecessarily showing off, her healing magic was undeniably invaluable. Nonetheless, she needed to stop wasting her strength fruitlessly, she needed her vision to correct itself again, and she needed time to strategize. Unfortunately, she didn't even give herself a minute for any of that when all of a sudden Fjanna disrobed and approached Jabari, with no trace of fear at all. Now what was the girl up to, Beatrice wondered?

"Wha-...? What are you doing?" as Beatrice asked this, Fjanna's whole body set itself ablaze, and she continued her advance, "Fia?"

It was no use. It seemed that, whatever kind of attack that was supposed to be, Fjanna was determined to see it through. Tears flooding out of her eyes, Beatrice inched closer to Fjanna and Jabari in her weakened state, trying to reason with the former before it was too late. However, she'd soon learn she was fighting a lost cause.

"Please... Fia... stopYou don't need to sacrifice yourself for this jabroni. We can still take him down together... all of us. I'll even work with..." and then Beatrice's eyes widened, as she saw the signs of something big happening, "Ooooh no. Noooo no no no no no no, you can't do this to me, Fia! Are you even listening to me, any more?! FIA??!! FFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!"

Beatrice could only watch as the flames that consumed the Larvesta continued to grow, before being forced to avert and cover her eyes as they erupted skywards and scorched the area where they formed, burning away anything and everything in their path. Certain that the very first girl she had ever maintain a true bond with had been completely burnt to a crisp by her own inferno, a devastated Beatrice collapsed onto her knees, and then her hands...

"No..." was all she murmured.

EOlaaCE.png?1

As the group had continued to run across the top floor of the building that the fight downstairs was picking up quite a bit. Nine could not actually tell what was going on, only that it was becoming a seemingly more intense trade of blows judging from the sounds coming from it. Not wasting any time once he was on the top floor, not exactly being fond of the idea of the floor crumbling from underneath his feet, the houndoom ran as fast as he could. As he continued to run from one side of the building to the other, he finally made it to the staircase and began to slow his pace. Keeping it cautious, trying to make sure that no one was there at the bottom, Nine started going down the stairs at a brisk pace, doing a quick scan of the area. Seeing that both sides were mostly just wrapped up with each other, Nine took it as a good opportunity to get to the exit. 

Of course, this plan was interrupted as a Rhyhorn that had been tossed aside from the battle crashed in front of his feet. While the body itself had not hit him, the sudden force across the elevated ground caused him to start to lose his balance and fall onto hit rear end. While a sharp pain was sent through him, he could feel himself slipping off, he knew that if he didn't do something then he would just end up having a much worse fall down the rest of the stairs. And so, placing his feet on the on the Ryhorn, he tried to push himself back up...but only managed to push the rhyhorn as well as completely lose what little balance he still had, taking a short little stumble down the rest of the stairs. While it wasn't a long fall having been towards the bottom of the stairs when he had fallen, it was still a painful one nonetheless. And so once at the bottom, he picked himself up, rubbing his arms and letting out an, "ow ow ow," before looking up in front of him and seeing the other trio they had split off from. Well, that was something he certainly wasn't expecting. In fact, he wasn't really sure what they were even doing here right now. Though, realizing he probably looked a little dumb there, with a pained expression on his face he said, "oh my, perhaps I've gone to heaven to see such lovely women before me after a fall like that."After letting out a bit of a pained chuckle, trying to get his breath and composure back he then said,"but seriously, glad to see you an all but this isn't exactly a guard station is it?"

bgdN12F.png

"Well, I'm going to go look for food," Kazo stated as he began to climb down the tree. "If I'm not back by tomorrow morning, send a search party."

"If you're not back by morning I'll find you myself."

"Not like that's gonna happen. I'm sure you'll be back," Ari chimed in, a hint of hero worship in his eyes.

Suiten rolled his own eyes but said nothing.

Kah started to gather wood for a fire. While she did that, the Samurott was investigating the water, eyes intent as if he could see all the way through to the bottom. "I wonder...probably those were..." he muttered to himself. Ari, meanwhile, was looking at Mac, trying to resolve himself with the fact he had been standing on her. And now, she was...well, didn't she almost die? Didn't he almost die? He shivered. He wasn't ready to become grass yet. To be honest, he wasn't ready for anybody in this group to become grass yet. Well, maybe Suiten. He didn't care so much for that guy. Insulting Kazo like that, the nerve!

"She's cold, I'm not exactly toasty myself, and I already blew out most of my energy on making sure Mac doesn't drown." Kah's voice shook him from his thoughts. Looks like she had noticed where he'd been looking. "Do us both a favor and get a campfire lit, would you?"

Ari winced, remembering his last, disastrous attempt to start a campfire. Still, he puffed up his cheeks, ready to be useful, and then...

"I'm okay I'm okay!" Mac started to flail as soon as she woke up. "Ooooow....Kah why'd you take so long? I had to be saved by...by...." She seemed to draw a blank and turned to Suiten. "Do you know who that was?"

"Ah...I do, yes," the Samurott looked a bit disgruntled. He didn't look keen to say much more than that. Thankfully, Mac seemed to get distracted by Kazo's disappearance.

"Wait! Where'd he go!? Did you let him run off? What's he gonna do without me guiding him?" She groaned and took a step before flopping down onto the ground again. "Ugggh this is...lame." She complained. "A hero shouldn't have to fight water of all things." She continued to grumble, and spark, as she stared angrily at the sticks Kah had gathered. Without realizing what she was doing she let off a spark directly over the sticks and it kindled a small fire. "Ha! Totally meant to do that!"

"Of course you meant to do that. Just like you meant for your stomach to grumble," Ari grumbled. Maaaybe he was a little bitter that his thunder was stolen. Well, he'd just have to steal her thunder at some point. Maybe literally. Then he remembered that she had nearly died again and so had he and he started to shiver.

As time passed, Suiten started to pace, worried despite himself for the most reckless member of their team. Though...Mac might be just as bad, he conceded. Seeing as all of them were tired and hungry, it wasn't the wisest move to split the team up at the moment.

tRCh4Z6.png

HCx6EwD.png

"Over here!" a hand poked through the snow.

Easter breathed a sigh of relief. Fawkes was so little, he couldn't help but worry. Making his way over, ignoring the feeling of cold snow on his clothes--which he would probably have to change out of if he didn't want to get pneumonia--he dug away at the snow, his efforts soon unveiling the fox. "Let's get you back where it's drier," he said simply once that was done, lifting her clear of the snow and trudging back to the center of camp. Now that the crisis was over, he felt a little embarrassed over his earlier behavior. Panicking was not the way to get things done. It didn't help that Deoxys had used that moment to take a shot at him. Sending feelings of annoyance the alien's way, he was soon interrupted by a Water Gun to the face.

"Got you!" Dora giggled. Sputtering, now his face was wet too, his brief shock and irritation was wiped clean by more relief. Moving Fawkes back he returned for Dora, picking her out of the snow, while taking care with her arms. Bringing her back too, he sighed and picked at his wet clothes moodily. Thankfully he was wearing his brassiere, or it would be very obvious he had a flat chest. But how to change clothes without revealing himself? Maybe he would just stand really close to Brooke instead. So he did just that, bringing the kids with him till they stood in a ring around the Emboar as if she were a campfire. Easter made sure to position himself between her and the actual campfire, though.

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
Fryst

Just as he left, Cabrakan had noted that one of the guards had purposely altered his usual patrol, coming towards the cemetery as if he were searching for something... or someone. He could see that this specific guard was on edge from the look of his eyes, and come to think about it, Cabrakan recognized him as one of the Avalugg Gijinka that had stopped him and the others at the gate. This seemed to be a bad sign. With a deep inhale, Cabrakan feigned a calm appearance as he passed the guard by, trying to hide the fact that he was fearing for the worst. But even a passerby seemed enough to trigger this specific Avalugg all of a sudden.

"HALT!!" the guard called, Cabrakan cursing under his breath as he did so, "...you were with those... women, weren't you?"

At first Cabrakan was confused about what the Avalugg had meant, but then as an epiphany hit him, it had presented a cause for his concern. He realized that the guard had meant Scarlet, Taiga and Isole, and with that, Cabrakan had to assume that one of them was in danger... if not all three. He knew not to act on little information, so Cabrakan thought it best to clarify what guard had wanted with them. Or perhaps Sevda was accountable.

"Yes I was," Cabrakan stated, "Why is that, if I may ask? Is there one in particular that you're looking for?"

FipiFwE.png

Things were settling down fairly well after everyone nearly dying. Mac was awake once more and at full sail (when was she not?), going on about being saved and Kazo going off and more. At this point, Kah simply lacked the energy to care if the Helioptile was being as noisy as ever; the girl had nearly died, and Kah had to put out all the effort to save her hide. What did bother her was the spark that came off of Mac, igniting the wood Kah had set aside for Ari to light up.

"Ha! Totally meant to do that!"

"Of course you meant to do that. Just like you meant for your stomach to grumble."

And here I had a good plan and everything. She'd have to figure something else out for the boy. Seating herself by the fire, Kah took a moment to consider everyone's situation right now. The whelps nearly drowned, but they were none the worse for wear now. That was good. Kazo was off to find food on his own. Given recent events, going out for such a task alone wasn't smart at all; the annoying bug from before could show up again, and Kazo would find himself in deep sheet if that happened. Suiten was somebody Kah didn't really know or care that much for. And then, of course, Kah herself. She was still alive and well, albeit a bit tired. All in all, things were going way better than they could have been.

"I'm going to start training you tomorrow," Kah said, looking at Ari. "If we're lucky, it's going to hurt me more than you."

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk

"Let's get you back where it's drier."

With that, Fawkes was lifted up out of the snow. This was the second time she'd been picked up by the same person now. She was about to comment on the fact, but was promptly interrupted by a spurt of water shooting up from the snow and into Easter's face.

"Got you!"

Fawkes was carried back to the center of the camp, before Easter went back to pick up Dora as well. Well, that was quite an experience. She was cold and a bit wet, but Fawkes was feeling fine otherwise. It was refreshing to have that thought; she was having fun, with some new friends, and nobody wanted to cheat anybody. If she hadn't already, Fawkes wouldn't mind getting used to this at all. Looking around at the camp area, Fawkes spoke up with a question.

"Should we get back to building our snow fort?"

Jjj76h5.png

Whisper found herself decidedly unimpressed, both with her "allies" and with Jabari himself. None of them had the sense to listen to her and knock it off with the fighting right now, though Denku seemed to have thought he was doing something which would put an end to the fight. Also, given the look Xerneas was giving her, she may have misunderstood what was happening. Oh well. If these lot wouldn't stop fighting with the, apparently false, threat of the literal god of death making an appearance then nothing would get them together.

Jabari showed that he had still more up his sleeves, partially to Whisper's dismay but mostly to her excitement. Maybe this was the sort of power that these "godslayers" wielded which allowed them to confront those divine beings and kill them. The absorption of the electricity he had unleashed upon the clearing earlier certainly seemed to result in his increased strength, and he unleashed ever more out at them. The tingling of what seemed to be residual power, as she was outside of the range of the full power's reach, was enough to realise that the fight was well and truly on now. Well, that just meant she would have to find her opening to finish this off sooner rather than later. Not that she got the chance to attack, as Denku rushed in seemingly without a care in the world for his own safety.

"Listen, we don't have time for this man's bull. Bea, Fia, go talk to Xerneas, find out exactly what the hell is going on. I'm sick of being left in the dark. I'll hold off Jabari long enough for you to get the info, and actually do what I said. If you try to jump in, I will throw you out of it." Well, the boy certainly was bold. Not the best trait for an Assassin, but also not something that could not be worked around. If nothing else, it made him a fine distraction for another to take advantage of the foe. She resolved to continue biding her time, though now she began to walk her way around behind Jabari. No sense in rushing herself just yet, as she was fairly certain he could last for quite a while longer, and she did not want to be in range of his attacks quite at that moment.

"What is actually wrong with all of you?! Bea, Denku, I am your mother! Why can't you two understand it? Stay back, let mother take care of this! You've done many reckless things, Bea. Even as your mother, I don't know why are you still alive now. Can't you think about what you're doing for once? Denku, I know you're dying already, so stop trying to shorten your lifespan! And what's with all the loner attitude you have? You bottle up everything to yourself, never caring to share to anyone. We are a family! Now see what doing that ended up to you. Even now, you keep talking about how you'd handle thing on your own. That makes me sick. WHY CAN'T EITHER OF YOU HAVE A CARE IN LIFE FOR ONCE! I can't care less about you two, Xerneas, Jabari. I'd let you two be, but Mother told me to stop the ones that chose to murder the pillars of this world. Even if that was my original intention. But that no longer matters." Well, it seemed that her decision to stay well back from the center of the fight at that moment was an intelligent one, especially with the Larvesta spouting some nonsense about the other two being her children and approaching Jabari while she unleashed some kind of power that seemed to be burning her away to nothing. Better take a few more steps back just to be safe, and conjure up her more permanent blades from a distance. Without anything impeding her movement, she was well within range to strike at Jabari and, hopefully, finish him off after whatever was about to happen. The Beedrill in the group seemed to be far enough away that whatever was coming wouldn't consume her as well, and if she wasn't then Whisper couldn't really spare the time to get her out of the way. All that mattered now was that the Absol was ready to strike after whatever came next, and if possible put Jabari down before Xerneas could manage to heal him of whatever was about to happen. Just to be on the safe side, she tugged down the front of her scarf and let that black, toxic liquid flow from her maw and onto her blades. Maybe if the initial strike didn't do the killing, then the poison could finish the job.

Team Mac, Day 10, Crystal Lake

"Of course you meant to do that. Just like you meant for your stomach to grumble,"

The young Electric Type glowered at Ari, then saw him shiver, and frowned. “Sit closer to the fire, gosh.” She said, pouting a bit at him. “You’re just as soaked as I am.”

It didn’t seem that anyone else was all too worried about Kazo, and Kah was saying something about training Ari. “Good idea, maybe he can stand side by side with me if he gets some training in...Hey, Suiten, come with me. We’re gonna get Kazo back.”

Seemingly re-energized, she grabbed onto Suiten. Unfortunately for him her sparking was still going on and, combined with the fact she still was wet, he suddenly got a jolt of electricity. “Whoops, heh, uh, that one was an accident...Let’s go!” Unconcerned, given she was confident Suiten could handle it, she went out towards the woods.

Just in time for Kazo to run back to camp, being followed by several angry owls.

Team Sexual Tension, Day 8, Xerneas’ Sanctum

"WHY WON'T YOU STOP AND LISTEN?!"

Jabari stared at Denku, watching his, once again, heavily telegraphed attack. He sighed and brought an arm up to block the attack. While this happened he noticed Fia starting a rant. Why she took this time to scold her companions was beyond him.

The blow hit hard but didn’t manage to break the bone, simply hitting hard enough to leave a bruise. He was ready for the second attack but the paralysis seemed to throw the boy off. Jabari, silent once more, thrust his fist into Denku’s chest, then grabbed him by the face and slammed him into the ground, before picking him up with both hands and launching the Pupitar at Xerneas, who was struck by the living projectile while attempting to reach out to the statue again.

This is when he realized that Fia was approaching him, and got ready to attack when she was near enough. He was unsure what she was doing. But he couldn’t help but be concerned, given the fact that she had evidently made contact with the Spirit of Rebirth...However, she simply burned up. It was quite the unpleasant sight to  behold and, yet, Jabari almost felt a strange peace about it.

As this happened, Xerneas was moving Denku off of her, and heading, determined, for the statue. She placed both her hands on it and it began to glow with energy. While she did so, if one looked, they’d notice the color slowly draining out of her skin, while the Whimsicott looked on in resigned sorrow.

Jabari shook his head, knowing that there was still another to bring down before he could effectively challenge Xerneas. Bea was down, but he knew from earlier that she was prone to sudden violent bursts and could likely attack at any moment. He approached her and lifted her to her feet. “You refuse to continue the fight you started and yet you do not admit defeat. Either give up or fight back, a warrior does not get to choose both. You must know now that your only choice is to run.” Jabari threw a punch into Bea’s gut, hitting with much more force than before, and letting her drop.

He turned his gaze then to Whisper. “Do not attempt it if you wish to live.” He said.

---

Meanwhile Rafiq was opening up the grove. Surprised to see the figure that was waiting outside, the old man spoke up. “I wonder. Whose side are YOU on?”

The figure made their way past the man, who didn’t try to stop them, and down the path towards the battlefield.

Team Karaoke, Day 10, Adarid Library

"Fiona...uh...please hold to me, I'll carry you. I have an idea on how should I do this. Trust me on this one, please."

The Drapion blinked in confusion at the, smaller, girl’s words. “Carry...uh.” She glanced over at Nine, with a look of “help she’s gone crazier”. Only to realize that Nine had tumbled down the stairs. She sighed, looking back at Alleria. “...Sure.” she said. “I’d rather not fall like him.”

Gwen went through the door into the same mess that Clotilde found herself. Realizing that this was a battle far beyond her, she hoped that she’d be able to find the rest without...

And then there came Nine, falling down the stairs.

"oh my, perhaps I've gone to heaven to see such lovely women before me after a fall like that. But seriously, glad to see you an all but this isn't exactly a guard station is it?"

She couldn’t help but laugh a little at how he brushed it off so quickly. Though she wasn’t quite sure what he was talking about. Then she remembered. “Oh! Yes, well, we thought that things were looking...Shiftry over there and so decided...this would be...safer to...Oh dear.” She realized mid-sentence how silly that sentence would sound. However she couldn’t say much more as suddenly several stray rocks came hurtling towards them, barely missing the Talonflame and flying directly in the path of Nine and Gwen.

The Rhyhorn that had been slammed into the wall stood up, barely, and charged at the Skarmory. Who simply took the strike without any concern, his head hardening, and he slammed it into the Rock type, which dropped then and there.

The Skarmory looked towards the group with a sneer. “You gonna help out or not? I’m more than willing to crush you as well if you get in our way....And looks like those fools aren’t even gonna wait until then to take you down.”

Salvatore was still not making any attacks, simply dodging out of the way of the Diggersby attacks. Al realized that the man wouldn’t be caught so simply and turned his attention to the Talonflame. During this he noticed the group standing there.

Meanwhile sounds could be heard from the opposite side of the library. It would seem as though more gang members, or possibly guards, had met up near there and were battling. It was possible, given the noises, they were making their way to this main room.

Team Showdown, Day 11, Fryst

"Not at all, I was just worried about you! The last time we split up like this you...I'm just glad you're ok....c;mon, let's go find the others"

Isole was taken aback. She was sure Scarlet would attack in some way, she was used to friends of bullies to take their side and take every chance to hurt her as well. “I, yeah, I guess?” She then realized just how...strange the guards were being.

They made their way down the stairs, and she noticed that guards were now surrounding them. Blocking off their escape from above, and coming in from the sides on the next level. Soon they found themselves sandwiched between two groups of three guards, on the staircase.

One, a Sneasel, stepped forward from the lower group. “You, the Rotom, you’re to come with us. There’s a warrant out for your arrest. Don’t do anything stupid. Scizor, you needn’t worry, we’re not here to hurt you. Step away from your companion and follow along. You’ll need to give a testimony.”

Isole stared, heart dropping, with a cold expression. They had found out, somehow, who she was hadn’t they? She was certain they wouldn’t question it. After all, none of them had actually seen any of the pirates besides the captain and Clyde. Where would they have gotten this information? She stepped a bit closer to Scarlet, instinctively, nerves practically radiating off her.

---

Arthur’s smile as Taiga took the candy was replaced by shock and a hint of pain, as he was yanked forward. It seemed even such a small action had somehow hurt the doctor. He didn’t complain, however, as he listened to what the girl said.

“You saw my son? How is he? And my wife, what about her?” His words, he realized, damned him and he flinched. He couldn’t help the sudden outburst however, and Taiga could now see a nervous energy in him. “I...” He looked at the door. “Look, it’s not that Sevda is bad, she just...none of these people understand what is going on here. The lord is bringing people in who he needs, and keeping them here. I can’t say for sure but he seems to...think he’s building a utopia here. But he’s keeping out anyone he doesn’t deem necessary. I can’t leave, my family can’t come, but...But if I prove how valuable I am, I might be able to bring them here.” He bit his lip, unsure if he should continue, but then spoke up. “Something’s going on out in the world, all over, it’s getting worse and worse...If I just keep my head down and keep working I might be able to convince him to let them in, let everyone in Coldharbor in if I can manage. And we can be safe...And there’s so many people who need my help here, sickness spreads fast in places like this...Just, please, let me continue this. Go find your friends and get out of here if you don’t like it; I can’t risk losing my loved ones to whatever is happening with the world.”

He took a deep breath, after this sudden rant, and sat down, rubbing his temples and looking suddenly so much older than before.

---

The Avalugg scratched his head at Cabrakan’s words. He wasn’t the brightest, else he’d realize that he probably shouldn’t tell anything to this man that he didn’t need to know to help him find the others. “Yeah, the uhh...Purple haired one, what was it umm...Something about pirates...The Rotom! Yeah, her, where’d she go?”

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 11, Tundra

“Hey, hey...” Dora said, staring up at Easter. “You’re still wet.” She finished, confused. She was used to Brooke who, when she got wet, would quickly and easily dry herself off. Speaking of Brooke... Dora giggled at the sight that was before her. “Brooke’s a campfire now! Brooke you’re a good campfire.” She said, resting her forehead against the Emboar and sighing happily.

When Fawkes mentioned continuing to build the snowfort, Dora spun around. “Yeeeeeeeaaaaa-oof” her spin caused her to slip and fall down. “Don’t worry!” She yelled. “I can totally build it from here!”

Night was falling faster, and the chill, held back by the fort and the flames, was starting to get more noticeable. It would be completely dark soon and Deoxys decided that they needed to focus entirely on their meditation. She could sense it. Kyurem was almost ready to move.

Jjj76h5.png

“Do not attempt it if you wish to live.” Certainly not what Whisper had wanted to hear; proof that Jabari had noticed her. Not that this environment was ideal for going unseen, but she had been hoping he would be distracted enough by the admittedly absurd display being put on by Denku and Fia before he could turn and ready himself. This was looking very much like a fight that could not be won, though really her problem had been getting locked into a fight with a stronger opponent in the first place. That wasn’t the Assassin’s way. She should have been striking some place vital, darting into the shadows, and then leaping out to repeat the process. Not that their current arena, and wasn’t that just a perfect description for the mess that the clearing had turned into, allowed for such tactics. If those clouds overhead would just hurry up and cover the moon, maybe it would be dark enough for her to work her magic. In the meantime, she had to come up with a way to turn this encounter into her favor.

The only real way to do that was to lull her opponent into a false sense of security, but how to go about doing that? Essentially all of the normal ways to do so were not an option, given the previous violent nature of their encounter. She needed a way to de-escalate the situation, and quickly. Once it was no longer a fight, and she had the element of surprise again, she could start considering ways to kill the Zebstrika. All that remained was how to do it…

And then she remembered the song. Not any hymn she had been taught in the order, that strange and peaceful melody she had learned from the “Kirlia” in Juyu. There certainly had been something about it that was beyond the norm, so it was worth trying to see what effect, if any, it would have. So she released her hold on those blades, letting them fade prematurely out of existence, clasped her hands as if in prayer, took a deep breath, and began to sing.

Adarid Library Team Karaoke

Lok stood back from the duo, just like they had done previously. After seeing nothing behind them and hearing the distinct sound of something tumbling down amidst the chaos, he quickly turned and regrouped with the duo. He smiled when he saw one of the three companions they were looking for - Nine was standing there, who seemed to be brushing off some damage. And yet, he was still uneasy as he noticed that Alleria and Fiona were not with him. He approached the Houndoom. “So, where are-LOOK OUT!” He seemed to be one of the first to notice the rocks that were hurtling there way towards them. Almost instinctively, he shot out a Thunderbolt between Gwen’s and Nine’s heads and at the group of rocks, seemingly disintegrating one of the larger stones into much smaller rocks. As he did this, his eyes seemingly locked onto Salvatores, who was seemingly staring straight at the group. “You gonna help out or not? I’m more than willing to crush you as well if you get in our way....And looks like those fools aren’t even gonna wait until then to take you down.” His staring contest was interrupted by a nearby Skarmory, who had just taken down a Rhyhorn. He wasn’t sure how to respond to the steel bird. Mainly because he did not wish to anger Salvadore’s gang, who seemed to be on at least neutral ground with them. “I, uh..We...I don’t want any trouble, sir…” He said sheepishly as he hid behind Nine and Gwen.

Fryst Team Showdown

Luckily, Isole had complied with Scarlet to leave this place. Probably because she too could feel the strange feeling Scarlet was with these guards. This distrust only seem to intensify as they made their way down the stairs until she noticed that the guards had them completely surrounded on the staircase. Scarlet grit her teeth as she got closer to Isole and took a protective stance. “You, the Rotom, you’re to come with us. There’s a warrant out for your arrest. Don’t do anything stupid. Scizor, you needn’t worry, we’re not here to hurt you. Step away from your companion and follow along. You’ll need to give a testimony.” A Sneasel seemed to approach them from the lower group. Scarlet looked at the Sneasel dead in the eyes, now standing in front of the girl relative to the Sneasel. “Not here to hurt me? The only person who’s gonna get hurt is the lot of you if you dare to lay a finger on my friend!” She said this, taking a defensive stance in front of the Sneasel, before turning her head to the other group. She cursed under her breathe. While she was sure she was able to take care of them all by her self, there was no way to do that and protect Isole from the position that they were in. “Man, did you guys pick an uncomfortable spot to stop us…” She knew that she was about to get herself into loads of trouble. However, she was not about to let them take away Isole from her. Not after she almost lost her twice. Plus, she still needed to scold the young Rotom later for her actions. She sighed, before picking up Isole bridal-style. “Try not to fall, alright? We’re taking the express way down” Before the Rotom could respond, Scarlet dashed towards the heavens. As gravity started to kick in on the duo, she leaned forward and seemed to dive-bomb near the ground that was next to the wall. To anyone observing them, it would look like Scarlet was running down the wall as if it were the floor, clinging tightly to Isole to make sure that she didn’t drop in front of her. Before they landed on the ground, she performed another Dash - this time she aimed it perpendicular to the wall, using it to propel herself forward. The snow below her seemed to scatter in different directions as the two speeded along the ground, slowing down until she was just running.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

Fryst

“You saw my son? How is he? And my wife, what about her?”

“Tch...Like you even care...You left them to their own devices...they’re suffering over there while you sit in this little king’s lap.”  She shook her head, realizing she was being a bit harsh.  “Sorry...your wife looked sad...and your son is a damn pervert!  Like father, like son…” She grit her teeth.  

“I...Look, it’s not that Sevda is bad, she just...none of these people understand what is going on here. The lord is bringing people in who he needs, and keeping them here. I can’t say for sure but he seems to...think he’s building a utopia here. But he’s keeping out anyone he doesn’t deem necessary. I can’t leave, my family can’t come, but...But if I prove how valuable I am, I might be able to bring them here. Something’s going on out in the world, all over, it’s getting worse and worse...If I just keep my head down and keep working I might be able to convince him to let them in, let everyone in Coldharbor in if I can manage. And we can be safe...And there’s so many people who need my help here, sickness spreads fast in places like this...Just, please, let me continue this.”

“Utopia huh...usually people who think they can make one of those are often referring to a dystopia.  No such thing as a perfect city.  It’s a wish that a jirachii couldn’t even grant.”  She crossed her arms and stomped the floor once.  “You think that king’s gonna let in the rugged citizens of Coldharbour?!  You think you’re irreplaceable?  FUFUFU!”  her smile twisted into a smug look.  “A Happiny with no stone egg could do a better job than you any day...and I bet the lord would have no problem replacing some podunk medic!”  

“Go find your friends and get out of here if you don’t like it; I can’t risk losing my loved ones to whatever is happening with the world.”

Taiga started to walk out the door.  

“You’re as paranoid as you are blind...Later doc.”  Taiga walked out of Arthur’s office and into the Fryst city streets.  She could see the guards causing some sort of hubbub in the streets...were they looking for someone.  She then thought back to the strange looks she received from Sevda.  “Spoink’s hoppin’ in tar!  That snitchin’ tree!”  She started to race around the city, in search of her comrades who were certainly under suspicion.  She finally found Scarlet and Isole surrounded by guards at the bottom of some stairs.  Her teeth started to grind together as she thought of some sort of plan.  She sighed, as the only one she could come up with was surely her most stupid one yet.  Isole better have apologized after this.  

“FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUFUFUFUFUFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!”  She laughed at the top of her lungs, her hand held horizontally above her mouth.  

“FUFUFUFU!  I can’t believe that dumb captain believed me after all!  She thought that tiny snow cone maker was a pirate!  I was just diverting the attention from myself, Maka, Pirate Queen of the Sea!  No one’s gonna stop me,” Taiga took the pie out of her backpack, “From eating the Lord’s precious, priceless, prestigious, pie!  It’s all mine!  FUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFU!”  Taiga dashed above the guards and sneasel, and off towards the largest building in the opposite direction that Scarlet had ran off with the ice queen, presumably the lord’s castle, hopefully provoking the guards enough to have them follow her.  

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
Fryst

“I… don’t actually know where she went,” Cabrakan answered, his honesty helping with the nerves that had flared up in his mind, “I’ll be sure to look around for this... Rotom,”

However, he couldn’t shake the feeling that something was off. Why in Yvetal’s domain would Sevda want Isole for? At first Cabrakan had assumed she’d gotten her second strike already, but the Avalugg having said ‘something about pirates’ had convinced him to reconsider that thought. Would they have made a full-scale patrol for Edna or Jane had they been brought along instead? Of course, that would’ve easily been a better question for Sevda to answer than this Avalugg. After all, if he was dumb enough to let this slip in the first place, then how could Cabrakan expect him to answer correctly should he have decided to ask?

Cabrakan sank his head and furrowed his brow, holding a hand to his chin as he ventured further away from the Avalugg.

‘Great, first she almost gets herself killed, and now she’s on the wrong end of a manhunt. One of us will have to put a leash on that Isole before we proceed, that’s for sure,’

Cabrakan continued to think to himself about what to do as he moved through Fryst, trying to find any sign of Bubble, Scarlet or Taiga so he could inform them of the situation, if not find Isole herself so he could save her. This got him thinking about Taiga in particular; not so much whether she was OK, but of the event that she happened to chance upon being assigned the right doctor. He knew his next destination immediately, and moved through the crowd to get there.

There, he looked around, and kept an ear out for Taiga’s voice as well as he fully expected her to yell her head off at someone. Unfortunately, the first person Cabrakan found was neither Taiga nor the doctor she’d been assigned to, but Sevda. Cabrakan kept his distance from her. He did not want to tip her off by asking about Isole’s situation.

And then Taiga left. Supposing there was nothing for it, Cabrakan retraced his steps until he was back outside, and scouted around for Scarlet. He’d eventually found her and Isole being surrounded by a trio of guards. He stayed back for now, feeling as though he needed more information than he had right now before he could act on anything.

yCrzb88.png
Team Sexual Tension
Xerneas' Sanctum

“You refuse to continue the fight you started and yet you do not admit defeat. Either give up or fight back, a warrior does not get to choose both. You must know now that your only choice is to run,” Beatrice grimaced as Jabari said this, and had lifted her body into the air. Just like with strangle attempt, there was no physical action she could take to get her out of that grip of his. And she only had exactly two words she could think to respond to his statement with.

“...funk… you…” this in turn netted Beatrice a punch in the gut and to be tossed aside. Or perhaps Jabari was going to do that either way. In any case, Beatrice struggled to get on her feet, having to use her lance for support. But she wouldn’t give up. Not until she’d exacted justice on Jabari for causing the damage he’d inflicted onto Pride Rock, and for making Fjanna kill herself just to try and get damage off on him. No. It wasn’t until she’d lost everything that giving up would even be on Beatrice’s mind.

And at this point, what didn’t kill her was only going to piss her off.

“And funk you hard,” Beatrice scowled, as she summoned the last of her strength to keep herself upright, “You’ll pay for this… You’ll pay for EVERYTHING!! James. Richard. The soldiers that fought by your side. The innocent civilians that took you under their wing. But most of all Fia. She put her whole life into that attack. If she’s going down…”

Here, Beatrice’s eyes shot up, only pure venom present as they locked onto Jabari.

“Then you’re going down with her,” Beatrice inched closer to Jabari… and then those inches became feet. It looked as though the Beedrill was never going to learn not to charge head on into Jabari. But even though she appeared to telegraph her attack for the umpteenth time, she switched gears, jumping right over Jabari and dodging whatever attack that she may have managed to bait out. And then she kept going, reaching out for the two needles that she threw earlier… only for the muscles in her outstretched arm to contract on her seconds before she could make contact. That was the last thing she wanted to have happen to her.

And then she got barraged by voices. They all sounded as though they were coming from Fjanna, and they were repeating the same thing she said over and over again.

“Damn it Fia, now’s not the time to try and haunt me!” Beatrice cursed, trying to cover both ears in an effort to block out the sound, but the muscles in her outstretched arm still refused to relax, and the voices still barraged her mind. She was mentally being torn apart by the second… but then she heard the Absol’s song. This seemed enough to calm her troubled mind and cure her lock up of those muscles. Beatrice breathed a sigh of relief, and started to tear up from that beautiful melody. But she didn’t have time to stop and enjoy it.

Having to assume Jabari had been distracted, she picked up the needles and ‘pocketed’ them down the top of her dress and to the side of her left breast, before making haste towards the Zebstrika again, though she tried her best to keep her footsteps as quiet as she possibly could.

‘I’m not letting you counter me this time!’ as she came up behind him, Beatrice lifted up her lance and brought it down right at the center of Jabari’s back. If it connected, she would then proceed to pump as much poison as she could into his bloodstream, even going so far as to saturate it with all the toxins the lance had house inside.

Jabari was going to suffer… one way or another...

For the first time in recent memory, Fia was having true peace within her mind. Was this what it’s like to die? It hurted quite a lot at first, but the pain lasted only for a short time. And after that, there was nothing. She couldn’t feel anything, there was no one here with her, but for this brief moment, she felt at peace. Her resentment, her frustrations, her fear, her desires, all floated away from her as she was stranded in this infinite nothingness.

Her mother was right. Life needed death for it to be whole. Everyone would be tired of living one day or another. Death would be the rest people need. It is the “fate” that everyone would end up succumb to, and perhaps, it was what had been guiding her so far in her journey. Its embrace, while cold, felt comfortable in a different way than her mother’s warm embrace. All fire would fade  anyway. That would be something Mother had been aware of from the very start. But Fia knew that she would be fine with it.

After all, death is not the end.

It is a new beginning.

A song was being hummed throughout the grove. It was sad, but beautiful at the same time. Calming, perhaps like a lullaby. The Pupitar was lying on the ground after he was being thrown by the Zebstrika to Xerneas. Xerneas was weakening, yet she was intent on taking care of the unbroken statue. The Beedrill attacked the Zebstrika in a desperate attempt, her effort went to injecting as much poison to his veins. Removed from everyone else was the Absol, humming the soothing song. Unfitting as it was, perhaps she was trying to find peace amidst the chaos?

The pile of ashes that were once a Larvesta were blown slightly with the wind, as dark clouds slowly gathered under the night sky. Not a bone remained of the girl, the ashes scattered, not being minded by anyone. It was frightening, but it was cute too. Perhaps that was what she ended up thinking as the last bit of her flames faded.

In the end, this was the conclusion she chose. She wouldn’t have any regrets. I would know it if she had any.

A flame pillar rose up to the sky. The ashes were drawn into the pillar like moths drawn into light.

The flames solidified, forming the skeleton. Parts of the flames started to envelope the barebone structure, and turned into muscle tissues and organs. Eyes formed next, followed immediately by skin and hair, and everything else. It was frightening, but in a way, it was beautiful too.

The girl had a wish. Accepting her selfishness, in her last moment, she made a wish.

Taking back what she had lost. Even if her dream ended. Even if her story had finished.

Even if she had been lost.

It was true, the girl named Fia had died.

That was why…

iU8EggM.png

From the burst of flames, Fia was reborn. Wearing the clothes of her birthday, she barely had any expressions with her as she stared at Jabari. She was almost exactly similar to Fia, but something about her felt different. She didn’t say anything even as she saw Bea attempted her attack on Jabari. The next moment however, she disappeared from her location, rushing towards Jabari using highly pressurized fire to push her forwards, and putting all the momentum she got from that rush into a flaming strike as she let out a burst of flames right towards him at very close range, similarly pressurized and meant to push him away. The backlash pushed Fia backwards, just like she intended as she made some distance again with her target.

“I won’t run away. No way in hell I’d do that. After what she did?

There wouldn’t be no goddamn reason that I’d let it just go to waste.”

The manner of speaking was quite different from how Fia would normally be. Perhaps, it was really a rebirth. The girl was reborn into someone that could express the things she could only bottle up inside of her mind. A girl, vibrant with emotions she once feared to show. Or perhaps, was she just still trying her best to deny the fact she let herself have her true feelings run wide, and shafted all the blame to a new self?

The Larvesta of now wouldn’t care at all about anything about that, of course.

She coated her bare self in flames, and started to observe her surrounding. The sound of the song Whisper continued to hum was still as pleasant as before, allowing her to focus on figuring out what she should do. “Fia” didn’t seem to be as concerned of Bea and Denku as now, despite their condition. What she had in mind was more how she could actually deal with Jabari and actually live to tell the tale.

Right now, she was taking in all the flames that would’ve bursted out of her normally when Fia used her true attack. Fia was once using her explosion as a way to let off steam from herself, as she rejected all the emotions she bottled up, and her determination to not accept them allowed her to be reborn. But now, to someone that was willingly wielding these emotions, the flames would act more like tools that she could let out in a focused manner, in any way she liked it.

It still had limits, of course. “Fia” didn’t even know whether she’s going to live past the duration of this. Though, even if her actions weren’t meaningful in the end, if she died to help fulfilling Fia’s wish in any way, she’s sure that she’d die fine.

Her options now were either attacking Jabari directly or dealing with Xerneas’ pillars first. Xerneas had weakened already from her attempt to do something to the pillar. “Fia” showed her annoyance at the sight. The two had been a reason why the fight was getting more and more taxing. For one reason or another, Xerneas insisted on healing Jabari with it. Of course, right now there would be one thing for her to do.

Doing one of her bursts again, she made it as if she was rushing towards Jabari again, but midway, she changed the direction of her flaming jet, and stopped just moments before she could actually made contact with Jabari and took off to the sky while burning Jabari with her jet. She aimed her jet once more, and like a meteor, she came crashing down towards the pillar alongside Xerneas, spinning like a flaming wheel in the meantime. Her true flames amplified the attack, and the speed and acceleration of the attack gave it a lot more force behind it as it impacted the structure. If it failed to destroy the structure, she would stop spinning and start breaking it apart with the high-pressure jets from her palms.

“Fia” couldn’t care what would happen to Xerneas if she destroyed the pillar. The only thing so far keeping Fia from breaking it was her thought that she was obliged by her Mother to keep Xerneas alive. Of course, “Fia” wouldn’t let something like that come between her desire to exact her frustrations towards the more readily able target.

Perhaps, the real Fia really had died.

“...Sure.” she said. “I’d rather not fall like him.”

“Yay! It’s settled then!”

Alleria answered Fiona’s answer readily, getting herself pumped up with few Dragon Dances as she prepared for what she was thinking of doing. She held Fiona's hand tight, and Alleria then ran towards a nearby wall with her. The wall was still standing well. It was the same wall as the one she remembered from her childhood, and the thought of doing what she had in mind hurts. But, it's not like she had any choices now. She turned around to Fiona for a bit, and smiled at her. She was trying to show a sincere smile to ensure her and calm her from any potential worries she might have about the recklessness of her would-be action.

“Alright...listen. Fiona...I've...I think I did a lot of reckless things until now. I'm really sorry about that. I just...there really isn't any other way to escape this time. Trust me on this. Hold on me as tight as you can now. It's alright to feel scared, but trust me. I'll get you out of this mess. I will protect you.

We're a couple, after all! I can't simply slack off for the sake of my lover!"

After getting Fiona to hold on her, Alleria focused, and let her instincts took control of her as her arms were now coated in the blue flames of Outrage, which she used to wail mercilessly on the cracked wall all of the sudden. Perhaps it surprised Fiona, but Alleria wouldn't realize it now as she entered a trance. Backed with the Dragon Dances, the wall was being torn apart, piece by piece, all until Alleria was successful in making a big enough hole for the two to escape, at which point she could see clearly the sky beyond, alongside the far away jump she had to make. The vertigo from the fatigue of what she just did started to kick in, but it was still within expectation.

"Fiona. it's time. Get on my back. Even if my bones break apart from this, I think it's fine if it's for your sake, right?"

Perhaps it was odd that she managed to retain much of her sense while all this happened, but something was amiss in general since she woke up this morning. The thing that Alleria needed to be concerned about now would be keeping Fiona from running away out of fear.

“Don’t worry...this time, I know what I’m doing.”

Having full faith in herself after she was sure that Fiona followed her, Alleria made her jump. Her eyes flashed scarlet for a moment as a part of her special trait activated which slowed her fall enough to land on her feet and still being able to move, though gravity still made it hurt like hell, not helped by the extra weight from the person she's carrying. Below, there were ruckus from several sides of the library's entrance. It would be bad if she got close to the building any longer. Having none of her teammates around was saddening, but Alleria now was prioritizing Fiona's safety the most, so even if the situation forced her to split, she'd be fine..

"We'll take our leave now. Once this mess is over, we'll regroup somewhere else with the others. Right now Al would be too occupied in his fight against Salvatore, so once they realized we're gone, they should be able to leave and we'll regroup somewhere. But now, we must find a safe place to rest and hide.

Is it fine with you, Fiona?"

Adarid City, North Side of the Library

"This way, everyone, this way.  I'm going to need to escort you out of the area immediately.  We have reports of gang activity, and in order to best assure your safety, I'm going to need everyone to stay close, and follow me."

You're wondering who that is, right?  Well I can tell you, that's a hell of a guy.  From his head to his toes, to the extraordinary height mutation he has as a Gijinka, let me introduce you Officer Bruce Mon Lee.   A rookie guard, learning the beat.  But if I could say so myself, he's a damn fine officer.  I mean, have you seen those hips?

Fresh out of the academy, he was assigned to the North office of the Adarid City Guard.  And those people traveling behind them?  Yeah, he's kinda their hero.

"You sure this guy is a guard?"

"Let's move it along folks, don't want anyone getting hurt now."

Kinda.  Anyway, here he is, his first month on the job, and boom!  Gang violence.  Everyone and their mother is wetting their pants at the big old scary gang members, but not Officer Bruce Mon Lee.  No sir.  He was born for this.

"I was born for this."

"What'd you say Officer?"

"Nothing.  We're almost clear, just stay right behind me everyone."

Crossing through the Northern part of the library, Officer Lee's intent was to  escort the civilians through to its center most location, in an attempt to successfully evade the criminals, and ensure the safety of the citizens.  But the rookie was about to learn how to get commendations as he guided the civilians through the walkways, to the main building.

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine could only help but raise an eyebrow at the odd joke that Gwendoline had made, not really understanding it, though not really caring to at the same time. Nevertheless, the trio that had gone to guard station was likely horribly disappointed with what they were seeing her, as it was quite clearly not at all safer. Regardless, they were all back together again and that definitely saved them a lot of trouble for doing so later. Before Nine could say anything else, though, his attention was immediately taken by a stray lightning bolt whizzing by his head, as he heard the Rotom boy yell at them to look out. His eyes glancing to the side, he saw a large collection of rocks being sent his way. Of course, he'd want to get both himself and Gwendoline out of harms way, and to that effect, the houndoom shoved her out of the way and attempted to use the momentum of said shove to try and dodge the rocks altogether. However, with how limited his window of time was, he couldn't actually completely clear them and so ended up taking a few rocks to his side, causing him to grit his teeth and bend down a bit in pain. Thankfully, due to his movement and Lok's own efforts, the rocks weren't as bad as they could have been, but it still hurt regardless. 

Getting back up on his feet, albeit a bit shakily, as the Skarmory seemed to either be scolding or trying to intimidate them, the rotom boy seemed to want to leave at this moment. Really, he couldn't blame him since the whole situation had escalated way farther than any of them really had any right in dealing with, and Nine wasn't too keen on getting in on this library brawl when the sounds of others coming in from elsewhere were becoming evident. He nodded to Lok saying, "leaving sounds fine."  Before he did though, he realized something off. He hadn't been much farther ahead of those that were trailing behind him, and some time had passed already. Looking to the other three, he asked, "where's Fiona and Alle-" it was then that he heard a loud crashing noise coming from upstairs to which he could only respond with an unamused look on his face. "Nevermind. Well then, guess we're ready to get going then, right?" He looked to Gwendoline and to the Aggron for confirmation. 

Adarid City / ~
As Lok fired a lighting bolt, Clotilde's eyes were led by the brightness towards the incoming stray rocks thrown at them. She cast a Protect on herself instinctively, keeping herself unharmed. She lamented not noticing the projectile earlier, because now their newly rejoined companion had injured himself trying to protect Gwendoline. "You have my gratitude for that, Lok." She spared a small curtsy but the situation demanded her full attention back as one of the combatants seemed to shout something towards them.

"Where's Fiona and Alle-", after a spectacle where part of the library walls were blown off and two figures, who she had to assume were the other two companions of these people, leaped out, Nine turned to them. "Nevermind. Well then, guess we're ready to get going then, right?"

"We certainly should," she hurriedly glanced toward the battle occurring not too far away from them. "Unless for whatever reason one of you wants to help those people out." Her tone was doubtful.

Her hands went into her suitcase again, drawing out a small roll of bandages, her last stock. She threw them towards Nine. "It's not much but apply these to your wounds. I shall be the rearguard so let us hurry out." She once again braced herself to throw out a Protect at the slightest prompt.

FipiFwE.png

“Good idea, maybe he can stand side by side with me if he gets some training in...”

You're next, Mac. Overconfident though she may have been, Mac was at least able to power through some situations by sheer bravado. Even if she didn't do much in battle. Ari, on the other hand, lacked that. That made him the priority in Kah's eyes; he needed something to be strong in. She wouldn't be able to get Mac started anyway, least of all tonight. She'd just left, Suiten in tow, to go find Kazo. Who, as luck would have it, arrived just after the two left, accompanied by a bunch of birds. They looked pissed. Kah, inversely, seemed overjoyed.

"You found food after all!" she exclaimed, grinning ear-to-ear. Getting up to her feet, seemingly revitalized by the idea of a feast of bird meat, Kah darted in the direction of Kazo and the birds, fire visibly burning from the inside of her mouth. Once she was close to the team's other dragon, Kah leapt toward the birds, jaws unhinged, aiming to catch any of the owls pursuing Kazo between them.

bgdN12F.png

"Sit closer to the fire, gosh," Mac grouched. "You’re just as soaked as I am."

"But I'm a fire type. I don't need fire, I have my own," the Litleo protested. True, he wasn't the best at producing fire yet, but...uhh, that'd come with age and wisdom and all the other stuff his dad was always talking about.

"I'm going to start training you tomorrow," Kah said, looking at him. "If we're lucky, it's going to hurt me more than you."

Well, that didn't sound good. Ari stared at the Hydreigon with wide eyes. "Uhhh, let's not do it and say we did?" he cringed. From her expression, it didn't seem like that would fly, but he could hope.

"Good idea, maybe he can stand side by side with me if he gets some training in..."

Ari bristled. He might not be the best Chaser, if he could even call himself that, but Mac wasn't the best either. And she was talking as if she were. He bit back some rather venomous words, because talk as she might the girl had almost died and he couldn't stop thinking about that and it wasn't just some random Mr. Mime either this was Mac the annoying stubborn electric type who called everybody her lackeys and just seemed to lack common sense but still she was their Mac and she had almost left them all behind and--

He breathed. In. Out. In. Out.

Meanwhile, Suiten had been watching the antics with interest. He approved of Kah's decision to train Ari. He would only benefit from learning from his elders, though the Samurott wondered if she would eventually include Mac as well. Probably, if she had any sense.

"Hey, Suiten, come with me. We’re gonna get Kazo back." When Mac said those words, he stopped pacing with mixed feelings. "I'm not sure that's the wisest--" he was interrupted when she grabbed hold of his hands and shocked him. "Whoops, heh, uh, that one was an accident...Let’s go!" He rolled his eyes at her, recovering from the brief flinch at the unexpected attack. Following her toward the woods, he stopped at the sight of Kazo running back toward camp followed by several angry owls.

"You found food after all!" Kah cheered, prompting a wide-eyed look from the Samurott. Owls? For dinner? What?

"Yaaay, food!" Ari echoed, running forward. "I've never had owls before, but if they're anything like vulture, they're probably yummy!" he spat out little fireballs that sizzled to nothing after a few feet. None of them hitting their target, though one of them almost hit Mac. "Sorry!" he yelled out. "Was trying to hit the owls." All he could think about at the moment was food, and obtaining it.

tRCh4Z6.png

HCx6EwD.png

"Hey, hey... You’re still wet." Dora commented, glancing at Easter and then Brooke. She giggled. "Brooke’s a campfire now! Brooke you’re a good campfire." She sighed, resting her forehead against the Emboar.

"Should we get back to building our snow fort?" Fawkes asked.

"In a minute," Easter shivered.

The Wooper spun around at that. "Yeeeeeeeaaaaa-oof" her spin caused her to slip and fall down. "Don’t worry!" She yelled. "I can totally build it from here!"

"You do that," the Sylveon deadpanned, before edging just a bit closer to Brooke. She seemed to just radiate heat. It was getting chillier, and while he wasn't particularly bad with the cold, he wasn't particularly good with it either. "I-I think we should finish building the fort so w-we don't die of h-hypothermia," he shivered. Wait, that probably wasn't the best thing to say around kids. "I-I mean so we don't uhh," he drew a blank. "So we don't turn into popsicles." Even if he'd probably be one sweet popsicle, he wasn't particularly eager to experience that.

Archived