[TCG] Nov. 9, 2015 Banlist

Komaeda_(9).png

This new banlist is just the most explicit way I've seen them explain the reasonings behind these lists just to say: "This sheet you bought had its fun, now buy our new sheet or perish and get rekt." I mean wow. This is something that I have to express by having an emoji of myself. This banlist never gave me anymore feelings of despair.

Every single meta deck, except for Satellars, in a blink of an eye, got destroyed without a single notice. Nekroz is beyond usable with Unicore @1, along with Brionac and a banned Shurit. Gimmicky Gishki stuff can't save them now. Burning Abyss still has some strength to it, but limits on Graff and Cir at once just cuts efficiency in total. Ritual Beasts did absolutely nothing this format, and yet they still nerfed them. Might as well start running Brilliant Fusion plays to substitute Rampengu plays now, despite how stupid it sounds. RotA limit does minimal effect on Satellars, since Skybridge or other staples can replace them, but it did indirectly hit a lot of rogue decks that enjoyed triple RotA. And Shaddolls...they are to be hit the worst, far shittier than what OCG did.

I'm very salty about this because I own Shaddolls and Burning Abyss IRL, and I have been sticking with Shaddolls since the DUEA era, and I wouldn't mine gradual hits like a Semi on El Shaddoll Fusion or a Limit on Construct, but taking a path farther than OCG to destroy the meta was unforgivable. 

It's only a few more days until DOCS release, but honestly though, the set is mediocre as it is, with the leading members coming include meh Majespecters, and Kozmos, whom Konmoney is gladly sucking cock for to gain extra bucks. This format is going to be very stale until the eventual release of the Pendulum structure deck. With the disappearance of Exciton, nothing can stop the new era now.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Banned:

Apoqliphort Towers (Rot in hell and I hope I never see you again.)

Shurit, Stragetist of the Nekroz (Harsh. I thought at 1 he was fine, maybe I was wrong.)

El-Shaddoll Construct (See you someday else. I hope not. Broken card is broken, well deserved ban.)

Evilswarm Exciton Knight (Don't really mind this one getting the hammer, but I still think it's a bit late to ban him. Sure, it's one of the sackiest cards in YGO, but...)

Limited:

Qliphort Scout (RIP Qliphorts, at long last.)

Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss (Well, something had to be done to BAs.)

Mathematician (Oh boy. Controversial Mode On! This will cause some heavy discussion, but I believe it was deserved.)

Nekroz of Brionac (Can we finally say RIP Nekroz?)

Nekroz of Unicore (Took them long enough.)

Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk (I don't play RBs so I had to look this guy up. Yeah, pretty broken. Deserved limit.)

El-Shaddoll Fusion (I would rather ban this, but since they already banned Construct, I guess I can live with this at 1.)

Reinforcement of the Army (Awwwww... I loved my 3 RoTAs... :()

Semi-Limited:

Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss (I hate BAs. It's awesome they're getting some list attention now.)

Unlimited:

Obligatory Chaos Sorcerer Move.

Legendary Six Samurai - Shi-En (About time. This isn't 2011, so this guy is fine at 3 as long as Gateway remains banned.)

Spellbook of Fate (We're no longer in 2013. Spellbooks will stand no chance against the current meta unless they get SoJ back. And that's not gonna happen.)

Geargiagear (Basically the same situation as the above two applies for Geargia. They got powercrept, which means this can go back to 3 with no harm.)

Satellarknight format. It's a freaking Satellarknight format. Or don't you see that it escaped this list unscathed while BA, Qli, Nekroz and Shaddoll all got significant hits?

Komaeda_(9).png

This new banlist is just the most explicit way I've seen them explain the reasonings behind these lists just to say: "This s*** you bought had its fun, now buy our new s*** or perish and get rekt." I mean wow. This is something that I have to express by having an emoji of myself. This banlist never gave me anymore feelings of despair.

Every single meta deck, except for Satellars, in a blink of an eye, got destroyed without a single notice. Nekroz is beyond usable with Unicore @1, along with Brionac and a banned Shurit. Gimmicky Gishki stuff can't save them now. Burning Abyss still has some strength to it, but limits on Graff and Cir at once just cuts efficiency in total. Ritual Beasts did absolutely nothing this format, and yet they still nerfed them. Might as well start running Brilliant Fusion plays to substitute Rampengu plays now, despite how stupid it sounds. RotA limit does minimal effect on Satellars, since Skybridge or other staples can replace them, but it did indirectly hit a lot of rogue decks that enjoyed triple RotA. And Shaddolls...they are to be hit the worst, far shittier than what OCG did.

I'm very salty about this because I own Shaddolls and Burning Abyss IRL, and I have been sticking with Shaddolls since the DUEA era, and I wouldn't mine gradual hits like a Semi on El Shaddoll Fusion or a Limit on Construct, but taking a path farther than OCG to destroy the meta was unforgivable. 

It's only a few more days until DOCS release, but honestly though, the set is mediocre as it is, with the leading members coming include meh Majespecters, and Kozmos, whom Konmoney is gladly sucking cock for to gain extra bucks. This format is going to be very stale until the eventual release of the Pendulum structure deck. With the disappearance of Exciton, nothing can stop the new era now.

Well it's the exact same as the OCG hits.

Math got limited El got limited Construct got banned. The difference being Conny went to 1 first and super poly was still legal. I read this list as a knee jerk reaction

They saw what worked in OCG with regards to Dolls and Kroz, and then did that (but harsher for Kroz) to TCG to clean slate

Now I'm wondering. Dante Limit guys? Over the BA hits?

I'm positive that BA is still playable, their ability to make 1 Dante hasn't been hindered only thing that decreases is the percentage of hitting Graff/Cir off a Dante mill.

Fiend Griefing, Foolish, Scarm still makes it easy to see Graff albeit a turn later. I think konami wants people to play Painful Escape to make up for the missing pieces.

Well it's the exact same as the OCG hits.

Math got limited El got limited Construct got banned. The difference being Conny went to 1 first and super poly was still legal. I read this list as a knee jerk reaction

They saw what worked in OCG with regards to Dolls and Kroz, and then did that (but harsher for Kroz) to TCG to clean slate

Now I'm wondering. Dante Limit guys? Over the BA hits?

Your win condition is multiple Dante, a limit would be worse.

I'm positive that BA is still playable, their ability to make 1 Dante hasn't been hindered only thing that decreases is the percentage of hitting Graff/Cir off a Dante mill.

Fiend Griefing, Foolish, Scarm still makes it easy to see Graff albeit a turn later. I think konami wants people to play Painful Escape to make up for the missing pieces.

Your win condition is multiple Dante, a limit would be worse.

R3nk toolbox?

See instead of having banlists like this where players feel betrayed and stabbed in the back, why not just include set rotation if you're going to do sheet like this? Do players like the illusion of freedom of being able to play any deck they want? 

Too late to implement. It works off shoddily in the places where Konami tries to implement it (and it requires quite a damn lot of reprint sets to even function).

With how the game is atm, it feels impractical as hell.

Also, the nuke, as overkill as it is in dealing with things, it's honestly long overdue. Set sale is stagnating since players don't have much reason to let decks go, many people have complained that the format is stale. To have these same people complaining about stale format opposing the nuke completely feel silly tbh.

Also sorry to say TEW, but BA with 1 Dante is less playable than the BA atm.

stuff

this implies that lists usually clear the meta like this. This is honestly a rare occurrence these days.

Satellarknight format. It's a freaking Satellarknight format. Or don't you see that it escaped this list unscathed while BA, Qli, Nekroz and Shaddoll all got significant hits?

TIL rota to one is unscathed.

Also, Tellar honestly weren't even fantastic before. This is a Kozmo format.

Not sure what you mean. If you mean that the deck still has Rank 3s available to play even with 1 Dante, most Rank 3s suck with the exception of Phantom Knight of Breaksword. Your BAs blow up too so that will hinder what you are able to do the following turns without multiple TGU (Crane Crane is an option but you don't have the benefit of being able to search via manipulating Scarm's blow up).

The beauty of multiple Dante is the ability to OTK when the tempo game favors you, and if you don't, you still can get a return on that investment (as most field wipes suck w/o Dweller). Fire Lake Traveler, Cir loops are things you can't mimic with just 1 Dante.

Komaeda_(9).png

This new banlist is just the most explicit way I've seen them explain the reasonings behind these lists just to say: "This sheet you bought had its fun, now buy our new sheet or perish and get rekt." I mean wow. This is something that I have to express by having an emoji of myself. This banlist never gave me anymore feelings of despair.

Keep your shaddoll deck, by next banlist it'll ease up since they'll have shifted most of the new stock and want to get more things off the banlist that don't need to be there.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this new list gave mix quite a bit of mixed signals/feelings. Hitting Towers was fine, that card needed to be hit. Construct was not at all needed to be banned, Winda should have gotten the boot (but we live in Konami-Land!). Brio (probably needed to stay at 2 and Shurit at least) by the hits to Nekroz made it completely inconsistanet, Unicore at 1 is fine. Scout to one I think is alright, I personally hate them but if this was Perfect Banlist Land Scout should have stayed at 2. Exciton Knight....please don't kill me when I say this but a generic rank 4 that easily blows up the field up to 2 times and sticks around was as bad Shock Master, and I'm perfectly okay with him being hit. The hit to Ritual Beast was just not even needed. Maybe putting Ulticannahawk at 2 but at one? The deck is dead, trust me I ran them a long time, since they came out, Ulticannahawk at 1 does suck. The hit on Mathematician was unessasary. The hits to BA was fine, a deck that just summons Dante....really, how long did you think that would go untouched, I do feel bad for the people that invested in Dante for that deck, but I have no simpathy. Rota to 1 was them just being mean, they could a just but Deneb at 1or ban Nova Alpha outright. Limiting El Shaddoll Fusion was just kicking a dead horse, but at 1 its still viable....if Construct was alive!

My opinions are just that, I respect others thoughts, and having an opinion on this extremely controversial ban list is expected.

Konami is just as greedy as ever, with the ban list still being just as abused. Kozmo is really going to ruin the meta, Majespecters, Greydle, Kaiju, D/D/D are nice to see though, especially as commons/races.

*cough* Kozmo *cough*

Not the same.

In July OCG M&m's were like 62% of the meta, Heroes and Atlanteans taking about 11 each.

Nekroz 8%

Magician 4%

4% Rouge

Heroes got Shadow Mist limited, Nekroz Shruitt, Magicians Wisdom Eyes, Atlanteans Diva

Deks. Dead.

Now?

M&m's -80%

BA- 11%

Chronofacts -4%

Monarchs 2.5%

Infernoids 2.5%

It's not comparable to TCG at all

Banned:

Apoqliphort Towers stronk card gut move

Shurit, Stragetist of the Nekroz good bye

El-Shaddoll Construct very nice move tho coulda went to 1 or sumthing

Evilswarm Exciton Knight stronk, understandable

Limited:

Qliphort Scout no dat spell cart (forgot name) shenanigans

Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss idk who the ba are but its ba hit so dats always good

Mathematician goodbye methamatician

Nekroz of Brionac nekroz bye bye

Nekroz of Unicore byeee

Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk dont evan remember dis dek

El-Shaddoll Fusion do dey even need.to do dis with the constructor gone

Reinforcement of the Army

make up your mind konami

Semi-Limited:

Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss nice more ba carts

Unlimited:

Chaos Sorcerer who?

Legendary Six Samurai - Shi-En ok