[TCG] Nov. 9, 2015 Banlist

Tellarknights won worlds with only 1 ROTA, so they're probably the least hit on this list.

Because every deck was way worse. Tellars sucked before the list and lost 2 of their most important card, plus their worst matchup stayed untouched.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

let me get this straight... They stomped BA consistency, shut down qliphort strategies, outright murdered shadolls, hit one of the few generic cards that was going to help against the upcoming decks, and weakened tellarknights... yep, the only thing about this list that i remotely liked was the return of fate to my spellbooks. 

Shaddolls are the most murdered on this banlist tbh.

That one construct ban alone severs their connection to star seraphs, wyburster/collapserpent, and worst of all to performages on top of its own very strong effect, and then there's the hit to math which makes them a ton less consistent with falco plays, and loss of 2 shaddoll fusions also makes them slower to reach it with shadow games/hedgehog.

It pretty much removed 3 of their variants alone.

Nekroz got it pretty bad too.

Construct was literally the worse f***ing hit the OCG has EVER made. Why TCG copied that of all damn things is beyond me. They literally applied the OCG's post chaos doll format to the TCG when it was not warranted, also no relaxation to Super poly is bad.

Let me put this in context. Chaos Dolls with CED, with Water Doll, Sinister, and MC2 were outperforming what TCG had in Nekroz pre this list basically.

TCG shaddolls were NOT in the same state 

Rest of the list seems fine, Shruit seems a bit much, but good list TCG

edit: f***ing STICK CHAIR

No chain.

No CED/DMoC

but all in all, well done TCG, well done

>This whole list

409.png

Except for my bro Exciton, rest in peace you ascended lswarm (even though you sided with those you should have sought to infect/murder). Also, RoTA :(.

Every deck I've hated with the utmost rage is dead. Only ones I feel sorry for is Ritual Beasts and to some extent Shaddolls. Welp, time to get ready for the next round of cancer (which this has obviously been made to push as others have already said), though hopefully it won't be as bad as what we're just now getting out of... probably not.

Construct: Ok, although banning normal fusion in its place could work too.

Towers: Goodbye

Shurit: Good.

Exciton: $$$$Pendulums$$$$

Scout: $$$NEWPENDULUMS$$$$

Graff, Cir: $$$KOZMOSTURN$$$$

Mathmatician/El Shadoll fusion: I personally don't like shadolls but math will hurt some rogue decks.

Ulticannawk: YEEEEEEEEEES!!!! RB gives exodia a run for their money for long turns.

Brionac/Unicore: I get that they wanted a ritual deck to be competitive but they overdid it with nekroz. Hopefully they can find a happy medium between format warping and gutter trash one day.

ROTA: I'll miss you.

All the unlimiteds should have been there long ago.

Finally a format where my gimmicky Traptrix Shaddoll deck has more chances of shining

Not really, it will be destroyed by what's coming text.

The ban on Exciton was the hit I saw coming the least. I will miss this emergency nuke button accessible to so many decks, including rogues, giving the latter at least a slim window to retaliate the bigger decks.

Looks like Konami placed the red carpet for a new top tier roster to walk over with this banlist. I don't really mind the intended drastic changes in the metagame, personally. We had BA/Qlip/Shaddoll/Nekroz on the spotlight for... what? a little more than a year? Yeah, about time for them to move on, in my opinion.

Banned:

Apoqliphort Towers: Not a surprise, when every deck has to MAIN DECK an out to some card, there is something wrong with it

Shurit, Stragetist of the Nekroz: Was it really necesary?

El-Shaddoll Construct: RIP Shaddolls, Limit the card was fine, it wasnt bam worthy

Evilswarm Exciton Knight: The card itself is very good, but no to ddeserve a ban, seriously WTF Konami?!, i guess pendulums have 1 thing less to deal with

Limited:

Qliphort Scout: So basically they are also Dead, Not that i care though

Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss: Fair hit to the Deck, nothing more to say

Mathematician: shaddolls are dead, this is just overkill 

Nekroz of Brionac: Wasnt that broke to limiit it, but its understandable

Nekroz of Unicore: Better late than never, but too late indeed, specially with all the hits the deck took

Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk: I guess their turns will not be that longer anymore?

El-Shaddoll Fusion: Construct is banned, this is kinda pointless

Reinforcement of the Army: Of all the hits tellars could take they hit the generic support, hitting some tellars wouldnt be that much of a difference, but this card had to get hit anyways

Semi-Limited:

Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss: Better than not hit it at all i guess

Unlimited:

Chaos Sorcerer: Irrelevant

Legendary Six Samurai - Shi-En: I hate this deck because they only know how to make this card, but still, was inevitable

Spellbook of Fate: Sure why not

Geargiagear: Hey look you can have your trap back, you are still not match for current decks so take it

This List wasnt to balance the format, but to push their new sets 

funk you Komoney!

List is pure genocide.

Forcing a format shift is really lame.

It's not like this is the first instance of Konami doing such a thing. 

It's the first in recent history sure, but it was arguably par for the course a year or two ago. Closer to two however. 

Tis a shame however, given the game was apparently in a pretty good state, and one can only hope a similar state is achieved post this. 

Lol you all complained when it was all the same decks winning now when they've all been hit you're still complaining.

complaining is what humans do best.

But seriously, they hit all the decks of this format, all of them are now much weaker, at least Konami should've masked it a bit that they were trying to push the new format

It's not like this is the first instance of Konami doing such a thing. 

It's the first in recent history sure, but it was arguably par for the course a year or two ago. Closer to two however. 

Tis a shame however, given the game was apparently in a pretty good state, and one can only hope a similar state is achieved post this. 

Plants was the closest one to being this bad and uncalled for.

Goat before that

Archived