Pokemon Gen 1

Flame Dragon

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Some more news:

For those in the US, a special New Nintendo 3DS bundle has been announced for the 20th anniversary. It comes with two plates featuring Charizard/Blastoise as well as BOTH Red and Blue pre-installed on the system, releasing February 27th.

However for Europeans, they are getting the 2DS bundles (red, blue and yellow) that Japan are getting with the corresponding game pre-installed, releasing February 27th.

...Or buying it from the eShop.

Must have missed that.

I just kinda' glanced over Serebii, but whatever.

Aside from that, I seriously love how the Pokemon-styled 2DSs are transparent.

I mean, lets be honest- We all played Red/Blue/Yellow on this:

Game_Boy_Color.png

So the 2DS systems trying to look like this^ is really cute

Aside from that, I seriously love how the Pokemon-styled 2DSs are transparent.

I mean, lets be honest- We all played Red/Blue/Yellow on this:

Game_Boy_Color.png

So the 2DS systems trying to look like this^ is really cute

I agree, though I never played on the Atomic Purple GBC myself (Mine was yellow), but the principle remains the same nonetheless

Honest to god, though. I'm considering buying a New 3DS just for those goddamn Red/Blue faceplates, hot damn

a1f3b74e79a6e875fccfbd70ae5ad28f7253ac88

Agreed. They look amazing and I wouldn't mind having a new 3DS. Sadly, don't think I have the extra money to get it.

Also, I think its awesome you get both Red and Blue with it. Can't play through it just once.

When i bought the New 3ds (normal model not XL) it was actually cheaper than the original 3ds when i bought it. Don't know if in the US though. Unless you already have a New 3DS XL, i'd suggest it. The 3D upgrade is pretty noticeable, the hardware is much more powerful and it downloads stuff much faster and is overall pretty great. I prefer the normal New 3DS than the New 3DS XL, because of customisation and the fact that it's matte. I hate non matte things, fingerprints everywhere.

More info from Serebii:

Pokémon RBY and G (Jpn) are the first Gameboy VC titles to not utilise the Restore Points feature in the VC menu.

Also you will not be able to access the VC menu or Home menu when you use the Battle or Trade features in the game. Furthermore when you go into the Cable Club, a new menu will appear on the touch screen. The first option is "Connect to a partner" which sends the signal out whilst the second option is "Search for a partner" where it will look for connections being requested.

Trade a Pokemon -> Load restore point -> Cloning in G1 made easy!

Would have been pretty funny if that were a thing.

Which is why they killed it early. Still, going to be hard to get some pokemon since people aren't going to want to trade away certain pokemon since you only get one and can't breed.

Which is why they killed it early. Still, going to be hard to get some pokemon since people aren't going to want to trade away certain pokemon since you only get one and can't breed.

At most, it would just be Kabuto/Omanyte if you picked Omanyte/Kabuto.

Starters can be obtained via the old-man glitch if your player name contains specific stuff.

Everything else would just be Version Exclusives, really.

It's really no problem at all =D

...Unless they randomly patch the old-man glitch.

Remember how Lance's Dragonite in Red/Blue had Barrier, despite it not being able to learn the move?

Well, all entrants to the next Gen 6 battle competition, the Kanto Classic on March 5th/6th (Registration starts February 25th) will receive a Level 62 Dragonite with the moves it had in Red/Blue (Barrier, Slam, Agility, Hyper Beam).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived