Dimension Fusion

oZIB9s3.png

Pay 2000 Life Points. Both players Special Summon as many of  their removed from play monsters as possible

I was thinking maybe the soul charge clause?

Pay 2000 Life Points. Both players Special Summon as many of their removed from play monsters as possible. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Dimension Fusion" per turn.

If Kozmo wasn't a thing right now, I'd agree, but I'm sure that summoning a bunch of 3000 or 2800 floaters is a pretty big no.

I mean you're not gonna be able to attack which pretty much is where Kozmo shine. Awful in the mirror etc. Also assume OCG does this for the January list, TCG will only get it around August, Kozmo will be hit by then

Moreso hoping for an explanation of why cards can't stay banned.

Cards get banned when they are abused, looped, broken, power creep, become unhealthy for the current game state or become annoying as funk techs, when any 1 or 2 of those factors subside, they come back and should come out of the ban list jail. With or without errata is another topic.

Maybe cause the unbans are the most exciting part about the Banlist?

Maybe cause you can fix a good portion of them with minor edits

Maybe cause a good portion more have no reason to be on the list

Maybe cause nostalgia?

What does banned Dimension Fusion do? Cause unbanned atleast it can help the odd deck or so

Sure it can help the odd deck, but it can also accelerate an already tier 1 deck to insane levels. That's the thing you need to be worried and weary about when it comes to unbans and/or erratas. 

Right now, there's a pretty big banish heavy deck that's tier 1 in the meta over here in the TCG, making this errata potentially a big mistake if the card comes up the list. In the OCG as it stands right now, there isn't a banish heavy deck besides RB which already has its own searchable version of this card, so an errata like that should be safe. 

One issue with introducing power cards like this back into the game is that it limits the design of future cards. If a deck banishes a lot as costs in the future, this card could become a win button unless you put in a ton of restrictions that turn the new cards into walls of text.

On the topic of Soul Charge; Soul Charge is still seeing hits on the banlist despite not fitting in a lot of decks.

And I agree with Giga. This isn't casual, this is for tournament/advanced play. Cards can stay banned, and there's no consequence. This card needs to stay banned because it's a really unfair one-card mass summon that really closes the duel in right then and there, and the fact that it's banish and not grave means that more often than not it's a one-sided benefit. I'm chalking this up there with Future Fusion as just a really bad concept you can't balance and make fair for advanced play without outright neutering the card.

I said it in the Future Fusion thread, and I'll say it again: Cards can stay banned. Cards being banned is not a bad thing. Cards don't need to be errata'd and brought back. Nostalgia is an awful reason for competitive play. If you really want nostalgia/fun times, play this casually where you can use whatever card you want. Competitive banlists don't need to cater to casual play and definitely should not.

Just drop this spell after you mass banish with Cyber Eltanin and laugh.

Cyber Eltanin isn't needed at all. Cybers can get decent enough power out and would prefer to have Cybers in the grave rather than banished. Unless Cybers get a easier way to recycle banished monster without relying on Network Eltanin is just a winmoar card. Rampage and Twin give you plenty of attack power and Cyber End can deal with Defence positions if necessary. Add in Nova and Infinity and you already have enough bosses to work with, no need to run Eltanin over Valley (for draw power or a safety net) or more Spell or Traps.

Archived