[BOSH-EN] Kozmo Tincan, Kozmo Soartroopers, Kozmo Delta Shuttle, Kozmo Dark Eclipser and Kozmojo

I also liked the artwork of Soartroopers; sad that its stats, and apparently its field effect as well, aren't really outstanding.

Also, I agree with Nai in that this set of cards seems to enable or encourage Kozmos to be played in a different way. Well, this should go with saying but the Trap Card and maybe Tincan may find a place in standard Kozmos.

As a trivia/off-topic coincidence, yesterday I happened to be reminiscing on the Area 6 level from Star Fox 64 (watched a vid, read the wiki, etc.), and I couldn't but notice how Dark Eclipser sort of resembles this ship:

LBH7NRg.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>cards are in bad quality

>things are tilted

>deliberately bad photographs

>Tins image looks a little skeptical

I'm calling bullshit and saying these are fake; It's like Smash Bros leaks all over again.

The quality is perfect, they're tilted because they're cut incorrectly and Kozmojo alone shows the leaker had access to the sheet and they're real cards.

Here's a post I made on the Kozmo Facebook group, everyone is approaching this wrong.

This is going to be a long, serious post. Morons can stay the f*** out on pain of ban by Trey. This is not a safe space, if you are triggered by having the problems with the deck discussed, stop reading.

The new support is underwhelming, but it does have its merits.

It seems as though Konami's goal with this third wave support was to do their usual "new way to play" pitch and push interaction between Tincan/Shuttle setting up your grave and Eclipser+Town/Soartroopers making those cards live.

Some of this has been said before, but it's clear that people are overlooking some key facts about this support. It's definitely sub-par, but not quite as godawful as I thought it was, though it's also not as good as everyone in that first thread believed.

Kozmojo doesn't even really need to be talked about, it's incredibly good removal but has the drastic downside of being a Trap that has no grave effect in a deck where there is a new focus on graveyard interaction/set-up.

Eclipser is hands down the worst card in this wave because it doesn't float and it doesn't fix any problems the deck had. Like Trey and I discussed last night, it's pretty much that last rung on the ladder you never step on. It's also another bad turn 1 card in a deck full of bad turn 1 cards. At best it's a 1-of, or a side deck card against rogue and trap heavy decks.

Tincan is a card that feels like too little too late. Because it gives you the search in the End Phase, its interaction with Soartroopers is a turn too late, and at best you'll get a random ship to float into while putting names in the grave for Eclipser if you run it. On the plus side, it sets up Soartrooper/Strawman, and it works in your opponent's End Phase which is pretty nifty. It's good turn 1 going first which is something the deck didn't really have outside of summon Wickedwitch pass.

Delta Shuttle isn't an amazing card. Again, it's a bad turn 1 card in a deck full of bad turn 1 cards. However, it does open up the door for some high level technical play by dumping targets for Soartroopers and game 2/3 Eclipser walling, making BLS live, modifying the opponent's monster's ATK to crash and bring out Farmgirl and it also opens up game shot with Destroyer over a weakened monster. This is a better fifth rung than Sliprider in a lot of instances.

Soartroopers is amazing. As with most of the other support, it's a bad turn 1 card, but given what it can do it's worth playing. Getting back Strawman alone is incredible, that's potentially 3 ships on the board off one Normal Summon. It can also summon multiples of itself and make Trish off Ghost Ogre, or facilitate an all-in push for game with R3/R4/Sync6 plays. Ratios will have a lot to do with getting value out of this card but I can see builds popping up with this being the heart of the deck.

Thoughts?

My first reaction: Why couldn't they have leaked Kaijus instead??? D:

Anyway, Soartroopers looks incredibly good, and Tincan seems good for setting up stuff. Telekinetic Power Well seems possibly very good in this deck.

I'm definitely going to try making a Psychic-Type deck that uses a few of the Kozmos as an engine along with Psychic support (e.g Overdrive Teleporter) and Tuners for mass Synchro Summons. Heck, I could even put some in my Hyper Psychic Blaster/Assault Mode deck.

Well, Dark Eclipser seems funny, but kind of unnecessary, true it CAN be useful, but does not support the floating chain (even though he can directly set up the lower level monsters, free targeting immunity is nice, the ATK is also on Dark Destroyer levels, it can stop traps like bottomless trap hole and (as earlier mentioned) setup tinman, strawman, farmgirl, wickedwitch or one of the ships ... though it is slow and not very defensive (unless it is still on the field), seems funny as a 1-off, but definitely not as good as forerunner or dark destroyer.

Tinman is basicly a malefic world with grave setup, which is not a +-0, however slow, basicly one would choose forerunner, dark destroyer, eclipser or wickedwitch ... definitely useful, however very slow.

Soartroops ... nice, there are definitely scenarios in which one would get kozmos in the graveyard and tinnman + eclipsers search effect can make the setup more consistent ... even though that is extremely slow, however Soartroopers into strawman or the other way around is a massive play.

Deltashuttle ... grave setup ... nothing else, the effect is hardly very relevant and not having a quick effect makes this card ... a dog-fighter like card ... in being useful, but too situational to be of real use ... and even then being kind of mediocre.

Now for the new trap card Kozmojo ... if this would not be a quick play card it would definitely be crappy as hell ... anyways having non-targeting, non-destruction removal, while allowing forerunner or dark destroyer to float (or eclipse searching) ... allowing one another attack, dodging non-destruction removal is definitely nice ... even though being a quick play spell would have made it fast enough to freed from the shackles of requiring time to setup and being an awful topdeck for rush/cleaning plays, still definitely a solid addition.

they're tilted because they're cut incorrectly-

The top of Mojo was cut in some kind of oval shape, with the bottom being cut in some other goofy manner, and part of the right side was shaved off.

No way in hell was that an error from an assembly line.

...Also you missed the joke. But that's fine.

The support ins generally underwhelming, but it was expected since the most recent support was already ground-breaking enough. They didn't have to get even more broken this set; you might as well compare it to BA support in SECE where most of the new stuff they got was pretty underwhelming.

Star Destroyer Eclipser is pretty unnecessary. It searches up to Dark Destroyer, but it can't float, and the main requirement for its Trap eff needs to banish a Kozmo card in your Grave. And knowing how rarely Kozmos need to kill themselves by dumping their members, it's rare that eff of Eclipse will do much, only to stop things like floodgates or hindrances like Ferret Flames. But for now, Destroyer is a stronger body that supports the archetype easier.

Tinman is neat as an alt search option, but it can only search during the EP for a Kozmo card that could possibly be random. At the least, if it's summoned from a dead Spaceship, it can set up for the next turn to arm against next turn. Town can return Kozmos in the hand to deck anyway.

X-Wing Delta Shuttle is awful. If it's one of the only efficient ways to use the dump mechanic in Kozmo's it's pretty more lackluster than DOG Fighter.

Soartroopers is funking brilliant. Stormtroopers as Flying Monkeys...As a one of, it can salvage dead Kozmos, but it would be even more broke if it could add to hand. Still, it could trigger Destroyer or Sliprider.

Mojo with the force choke is pretty good. It's slow as a trap but is bonkers in the mirror match. As a side option, it could funk over Majespecters and other Kozmos, and also D.D crow for other decks.

Maybe if next set there was a Town version that managed dumped cards better, this new support would be more decent for the future, but for now it's all meh. It does have potential for some unique plays with Graveyard mechanics, but playing safe is the best way to go.

Tincan is a turn 1 card and I'll be testing it as a 3-of. The deck has awful turn 1s and you have to turn 1 to win against post-BOSH EMEm. Soartroopers is likely the heart of the deck after this stuff drops. Shuttle opens up some clutch plays but is a one-of at most, I'd play it as an alternative to extra Slipriders. Eclipser is for the mirror and is a side-deck card at best. Kozmojo suffers from being a trap, but we'll be playing Call of the Haunted and Kozmojo since we want to go 1st now.

Tincan is a turn 1 card and I'll be testing it as a 3-of. The deck has awful turn 1s and you have to turn 1 to win against post-BOSH EMEm. Soartroopers is likely the heart of the deck after this stuff drops. Shuttle opens up some clutch plays but is a one-of at most, I'd play it as an alternative to extra Slipriders. Eclipser is for the mirror and is a side-deck card at best. Kozmojo suffers from being a trap, but we'll be playing Call of the Haunted and Kozmojo since we want to go 1st now.

Do you think Chaos will start being used in the deck? BLS (and hopefully soon to be CED) are damn good cards 

Kozmojo depicts Farmgirl being strangled by Darth Vader. Darth Vader confirmed to be the Wicked Witch of the West? Wickedwitch is the Witch of the East.

I wonder who will be Oz then. Yodo or Palpatine would both work.

I'm growing more confident by the day that the lv 12 will be OCG's exclusive death star now

one spot before tin can, idk if it'll be a kozmo doe

betting the wizard will be an OCG exclusive

I mean, really, think about it.

We get 2 characters, 2 ships, and 1 s/t per pack.

Farmgirl and Goodwitch/Sliprider and Forerunner/Kozmotown

Strawman and Wickedwitch/DOG Fighter and Dark Destroyer/Lightsword

Tincan and Soartroopers/Delta Shuttle and Dark Eclipser/Kozmojo

This means we have to fit in three more characters next pack, despite that not fitting.

Lion/Chewie

Wizard of Oz/Yoda

WWotW/Darth Vader

Seeing as SHVI should be the last Kozmo set. Technically, we're missing Han Solo as well, but yeah.

The problem with that is you'd need to fit in 3 more levels cause 10, 11, 12, so a minimum of three ships need to be made unless OCG gonna double dip and release two exclusives. Who would Han even be? Also why are people so quick to write off palpatine? Oz was always a questionable funker

The only solution I see is making Oz lv12

That aside, Konami broke ranks with Shaddolls with spitting Ano and Wendigo

Archived