What is it you fear?

The Nyx Avatar

Not so much afraid of mirrors as they make me extremely uncomfortable, particularly late at night when I'm the only one awake and... that just accentuates things, I don't know, but I don't care for it.

Spiders because fuck you get outside you don't belong here and go die. Seriously hate spiders, literally no worse thing to find inside, outside of someone intent on killing you, but even then they're at least a human form and touching them isn't horrendous. A reasonably sized spider in a room leaves me uneasy about that location for weeks and weeks after the fact, particularly bad for finding one in my room.

Brain aneurysms, SAD, cardiac arrest. Anything that just kills you out of nowhere and can happen any time to anyone. When you start thinking about this stuff it's really grim.

Being out-bantered.

3 of these were legitimate.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a lot of fears, but I'm petrified by bodies of water that are larger than your average swimming pool. People have tried to teach me how to swim, but I still am unable to; so that, combined with the thought of being stuck at sea, scares the hell out of me.

ever since I almost drowned in a swimming pool, the dark part of the ocean and the thought of drowning are pretty fear inducing for me. also sometimes falling; like not heights, I'm fine with heights, but show me how close I am to falling and I'm outta there

My biggest fear is stage fright, especially around people I don't know or trust. Even if its 3-5 people, I start to shake. No matter what it is, I start avoiding anything that's related to talking in front of everyone. 

I used to have a fear of dark when I was a kid, but not anymore. I also recall having a fear of being alone during kindergarten-elementary days, but now I love being alone.

Fire, drowning, and lightning. Fire because I hate being burned, drowning because I almost drowned once and that sucked, lightning because I almost got struck by lightning once and that sucked too.

Also being buried alive in ants. That would be frigging terrifying.

I don't have a lot of fears, but I'm petrified by bodies of water that are larger than your average swimming pool. People have tried to teach me how to swim, but I still am unable to; so that, combined with the thought of being stuck at sea, scares the hell out of me.

I can't swim, either.

I'm fine with heights, but show me how close I am to falling and I'm outta there

Same.

Fire, drowning, and lightning.

Never encountered fire or lightning like this.

drowning because I almost drowned once and that sucked

I did almost drown once, though.

Also being buried alive in ants. That would be frigging terrifying.

Not sure how that would happen, but unless those are fire ants, there are far worse insects to be buried by.

Let's see, I used to fear mirrors because of an horror show episode I watched when I was a kid (Really, I should've listened to my parents and just have gone to sleep ;.;), I fear that one day I would receive a call or a message saying that a family member or a friend of mine had passed away (when I was a kid my uncle died of cancer and last year my grandma and her brother died of an illness...), I fear death, mostly for my family and not so much for me, because really, my family would feel really sad if I died... Other than that, I fear extreme loneliness... Like, I can't stand being completely alone, reason why I usually talk on the internet, it counts as a conversation of sorts. I also fear crowds... I can't feel comfortable being just 1 more in the countless people that are at the same place... That sums it up, mostly, as I can remember.

I have a lot of fears, but my biggest fear is living in the first place.

I'm afraid to wake up in the morning because I know, most likely, that the day will suck.

I'm afraid to go to bed at night because I know I'll have nightmares.

I'm afraid of the future because I don't know what I'm going to do, or how I'm going to get there.

I'm afraid of people, I'm afraid of animals, I'm afraid of going to events, I'm afraid of staying home. No options feel good, no option seems safe.

I am scared of roads, especially when I'm in a vehicle. I don't like travelling by bus/car because I am terrified of it. I like cycling because I am in control of where I'm going, and it is easy to get off the road if I want, but when I'm on a bus or whatever the driver is in control and they have the power to just crash the vehicle if they please. Roads are dangerous anyway.

I swear to God, if anyone judges me, I'll never speak to you again.

Being replaced, forgotten, unwanted. Tossed aside like a piece of garbage. Those who mean the most to me, my family, my friends, not wanting anything to do with me.....

That is my fear.

What I fear? Well, nothing I should. Similarly, and probably directly connected, I don't what I guess one should. Death and sheet. Scares me less than the concept of someone grieving over my death but that's another story altogether, let's not make this too depressing.

Never encountered fire or lightning like this.

I did almost drown once, though.

Not sure how that would happen, but unless those are fire ants, there are far worse insects to be buried by.

It sucks and I'll leave it at that. :/ My empathies on the almost drowning thing though.

Well I'm thinking army ants to be specific, but regular ants would also be pretty horrifying.

I remember when I was on a school trip like 10 years ago, one of my friends (who was in front of me) almost got struck by lightning.

Oh, that must have been fun. Myself, I know it scared the sheet out of me.

I'm scared of spiders, bugs, and vaccine needles. I sorta of got over my fear of spiders and bugs, but I still haven't gotten over my fear of vaccine needles. When I see it, I scream and I when I feel it, I suffer a panic attack and feel traumatized for life. Yep, it's really bad.

Let's see, I used to fear mirrors because of an horror show episode I watched when I was a kid (Really, I should've listened to my parents and just have gone to sleep ;.;), I fear that one day I would receive a call or a message saying that a family member or a friend of mine had passed away (when I was a kid my uncle died of cancer and last year my grandma and her brother died of an illness...), I fear death, mostly for my family and not so much for me, because really, my family would feel really sad if I died... Other than that, I fear extreme loneliness... Like, I can't stand being completely alone, reason why I usually talk on the internet, it counts as a conversation of sorts. I also fear crowds... I can't feel comfortable being just 1 more in the countless people that are at the same place... That sums it up, mostly, as I can remember.

I lost two of my uncles, my great grandmother, and my grandmother.

Heights and flying. Doing both this Saturday. So funking ready.

Best of luck to you.

I have a lot of fears, but my biggest fear is living in the first place.

I'm afraid to wake up in the morning because I know, most likely, that the day will suck.

I'm afraid to go to bed at night because I know I'll have nightmares.

I'm afraid of the future because I don't know what I'm going to do, or how I'm going to get there.

I'm afraid of people, I'm afraid of animals, I'm afraid of going to events, I'm afraid of staying home. No options feel good, no option seems safe.

Anything you don't fear?

I am scared of roads, especially when I'm in a vehicle. I don't like travelling by bus/car because I am terrified of it. I like cycling because I am in control of where I'm going, and it is easy to get off the road if I want, but when I'm on a bus or whatever the driver is in control and they have the power to just crash the vehicle if they please. Roads are dangerous anyway.

What if you're driving, or is it pretty much the same scenario?

I swear to God, if anyone judges me, I'll never speak to you again.

Being replaced, forgotten, unwanted. Tossed aside like a piece of garbage. Those who mean the most to me, my family, my friends, not wanting anything to do with me.....

That is my fear.

Judge for what? Most of these aren't really abnormal, and pretty understandable.

Phone calls, inanimate objects underwater, death

And The Ring didn't make things any better.

Hemophobia.

Mention the word blood and I have to resist cringing. Really don't like it.

Makes sense to me. Used to be the same with gore.

Complacency. Why stop?

What?

It sucks and I'll leave it at that. :/ My empathies on the almost drowning thing though.

Danke.

Well I'm thinking army ants to be specific, but regular ants would also be pretty horrifying.

Ants are actually one of the insects I can tolerate. Now had it been roaches, THEN I'd be on the same line.

I'm scared of spiders, bugs, and vaccine needles. I sorta of got over my fear of spiders and bugs, but I still haven't gotten over my fear of vaccine needles. When I see it, I scream and I when I feel it, I suffer a panic attack and feel traumatized for life. Yep, it's really bad.

It's probably reversed with me.

I fear irrelevance and staleness

I fear perfection, be it prefect imperfection or true perfection

I fear the absolutes

but above all else, I fear myself

I don't get it.

I fear having anything I planned or calculated be proven wrong or jossed, or even having to change at the last minute due to something I didnt foresee. Basically having interference in what I do, and not achieving the results I want despite my time and efforts is something I really fear. On a smaller scale, I do fear luck to a degree, because it's something I can't control and it's not something I can predict so easily.

I lost two of my uncles, my great grandmother, and my grandmother.

Best of luck to you.

Anything you don't fear?

What if you're driving, or is it pretty much the same scenario?

Judge for what? Most of these aren't really abnormal, and pretty understandable.

And The Ring didn't make things any better.

Makes sense to me. Used to be the same with gore.

What?

Danke.

Ants are actually one of the insects I can tolerate. Now had it been roaches, THEN I'd be on the same line.

It's probably reversed with me.

I don't get it.

They're my fears, so that's fairly unsurprising.

Archived