Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Most of us should be on break now, so that's probably going to give more time for people to do it (if interested, yes). The last one was on at a time when a lot of us were doing final projects and stuff. 

As for that top 10 video, it's the uploader's opinion on Alolan Pokes (and not necessarily what we think of them individually). 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you KO a Island Scan Poke, does the Island Scan end? I've never wanted to actually test that.

And I'm betting it only counts players that actually registered for the event...and due to how Game Synch isn't on activating every time you connect to the internet, I'm definitely not registering both my Sun and Moon copies.

The prize seems pretty legit insane, though. 2000 FC/4000? Or just over 200/400 for a fail? That's...wow. Especially since apparently your Plaza still ranks up for the excess coins (you just need another coin to trigger each Rank up). Least, that's what happened when I got the 200 for last Global. I Ranked up on activation, got a few coins, ranked up again, got a few coins, ranked up 3rd time.

Partly from Smogon.

UB

• Nihilego: Timid nature (its physical stats are terrible coupled with a lot of common weaknesses; special side is fine with good enough speed)
  • Buzzwole: Adamant (I think Jolly was mentioned a few times, but I'd prefer to just maximize its Attack)
  • Pheromosa: Naive (although you could go for a Naughty nature if you want to, considering Pheromosa does have higher speed than Deoxys and if you can afford to lose the extra speed)
  • Xurkitree: Modest (some guys use Timid though; choose based on moveset)
  • Kartana: Jolly (you really don't have much choice here)
  • Celesteela: Sassy (this is the most common, but you can use Relaxed if you want to go physical or an offense-boosting nature like Adamant/Modest)
  • Guzzlord: (To be fair, I'm not sure on this one; Modest seems like the one people go for often, but it's kind of hard to figure out an appropriate one)

Tapus:

• Koko: Timid (Timid for specially oriented sets [since it doesn't have a stronger physical STAB outside Wild Charge; mixed sets can use Naive/Hasty. I'm using a Hasty one for mixed coverage [brave Bird, Wild Charge, Volt Switch and I forgot what else])
  • Lele: Modest (You can try buffing its Speed with Timid since base 95 is workable, but can't say for certain)
  • Bulu: Adamant (some sets can use Impish, but choose it based on your needs)
  • Fini: Bold/Calm (mostly defensive sets)

Partly from Smogon.

UB

• Nihilego: Timid nature (its physical stats are terrible coupled with a lot of common weaknesses; special side is fine with good enough speed)
  • Buzzwole: Adamant (I think Jolly was mentioned a few times, but I'd prefer to just maximize its Attack)
  • Pheromosa: Naive (although you could go for a Naughty nature if you want to, considering Pheromosa does have higher speed than Deoxys and if you can afford to lose the extra speed)
  • Celesteela: Sassy (this is the most common, but you can use Relaxed if you want to go physical or an offense-boosting nature like Adamant/Modest)
  • Guzzlord: (To be fair, I'm not sure on this one; Modest seems like the one people go for often, but it's kind of hard to figure out an appropriate one)

Tapus:

• Koko: Timid (Timid for specially oriented sets [since it doesn't have a stronger physical STAB outside Wild Charge; mixed sets can use Naive/Hasty. I'm using a Hasty one for mixed coverage [brave Bird, Wild Charge, Volt Switch and I forgot what else])
  • Lele: Modest (You can try buffing its Speed with Timid since base 95 is workable, but can't say for certain)

To quote Fawful's Minion: "Overkill, thy name is UB-03."

Modest Nature + Tail Glow = RUN!

Well, I have a 3 IV Magic Bounce Espeon now (took half an hour + 37 calls to get a 4 IV Eevee with HA), then a few breeding attempts with Ditto to get it. IVs are in HP, SpAtk and Spd (where I need them the most). Only issue is SpDef is meh, but that can be fixed later. To be fair, I only went for Eevee because I want that HA Espeon (that, and Sylveon); plus my AS cartridge got lost somewhere (presumably in room), so can't bring over my good ones right now.

----

I got a Honedge from Island Scan, but it's only one 'mon as opposed to the 60k+ that were already caught when I signed up for that challenge. Would've loved to have gone for whatever was on Poni Island, but my scans were full.

----

Right, and reminder to self: don't do Battle Royale anymore (or wait until your power 'mons get here [or train them yourself]) or else it'll give you more stress. But yeah, random AI kid somehow Mega Evolves and then steals your kills (and/or they decide to gang up on you); I haven't done Super Rank yet, but pretty sure there's a lot more BS in there.

If anything, a lot of my losses from there are from people jacking KOs or being lucky that they didn't get creamed.

Tree might have its own hax issues, but at least it's 1v1.

Partly from Smogon.

UB

Tapus:

I've seen Quiet over Modest on Guzzlord, since he doesn't need his speed and can play Heavy Slam to act as Fairy bait. He has some other physical coverage moves that people like to play on him sometimes, so a mixed nature is probably better for the general case. Also some people like to stick him on Trick Room.

Oh I haven't updated in forever but tragedy struck a few days ago against Totem Salazzle (Yes I'm that far behind) Killed Lloyd the Wungull and Gwendoline the Misdrevous....The first hurts because I've had a "Lloyd the Wingull/Peilliper" in about 5 Nuzlockes and the second does cause Gwen is a character of mine and she was basically putting the team on her back most of the time.

Now I'm using Funguy the Morelull (which, btw, Morelull might be my favorite design in this game) and Miss Donkey the Mudbray.

Trying to speed through Moon atm.

At the Grass trail with an in-game time at roughly 2hrs and 40 mins.  Not the worst possible time, but not setting any world records to be sure.  Popplio and its evolution have got me through the game so far but I did catch a Fletchinder for the Grass trial since it x4 resists grass.  

Trying to speed through Moon atm.

At the Grass trail with an in-game time at roughly 2hrs and 40 mins.  Not the worst possible time, but not setting any world records to be sure.  Popplio and its evolution have got me through the game so far but I did catch a Fletchinder for the Grass trial since it x4 resists grass.  

Dude, you should have gotten Caterpie. Butterfree helped me get through some stuff in Moon like Hala's trial, Mallow's Trial, a lot of Team Skull grunt and Guzma battles, heck, my Butterfree is at Lv. 49. Moveset includes

• Psybeam
  • Sleep Powder
  • Bug Buzz to convert to Savage Spin Out
  • Air Slash

[spoiler This goes out to anyone who says Butterfree is lame]

Who's laughing now?

Oh yeah it's been forever and a half since I've checked this thread or updated.

Started over my game because I started to get a bit obsessed with shinies, and I wasn't moving past the Day Care. After my 820th hatched Mimikyu I started to feel the burn. Traded some of my better Pokemon to Sun like my shiny Fomantis which I'm never gonna use now since my new file in Moon starts with Rowlet.

However, just because I gave up on shiny hatching didn't mean I gave up on getting the best Pokemon possible. I got a fluke Pichu capture (31 IV in Special Attack, 20s for Speed, Modest nature) and then I found someone who wanted any Roggenrola in exchange for their level 42 Carbink...which I took of course because Skill Swap. With my new Carbink I found a Steadfast Rockruff after 31 SOS calls. 31 for HP, high 20s for Attack, Special Defense, and Speed. Unfortunately junk for Defense, less unfortunately junk for Special Attack. Gonna try and aim for No Guard Midnight Lycanroc with Stone Edge, which I think could actually be pretty useful.

My endgame team is probably gonna be Decidueye, Toxapex, Alolan Ninetales, Alolan Marowak, Alolan Raichu, and one last one which end up being Ribombee, Lycanroc, or Mudsdale. Maybe even Alolan Persian, though probably not as dark and ghost share some of the same strengths and weaknesses. I'll see which I prefer, though for some of these there'd be a lot of overlap.

Anyway, I'm still on the first island, but I'm chugging along. As long as I don't get sidetracked by the Day Care again I should be good.

Archived