Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

So who else is doing the Battle of Alola? I'm about 60/40 loss to win rate with a poorly made team.

I'm not, due to having to study for finals and not having enough time to make a proper team (unless you want me to use the team I'm usually challenging the E4 with nowadays; some of which don't have the best IVs [read: everything that isn't my version legendary or UB]).

The 50 BP is a good incentive though, because I could certainly use it (b/c the battle areas are apparently haxes from what you guys said about them, and I haven't bothered to do Tree yet; not until I bump my team up to level 100 or import my stuff).

----

As for the copyright, I really don't know. Is Nintendo/Gamefreak flagging S/M videos again because the Z-moves for the starters were already shown on their channel?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not, due to having to study for finals and not having enough time to make a proper team (unless you want me to use the team I'm usually challenging the E4 with nowadays; some of which don't have the best IVs [read: everything that isn't my version legendary or UB]).

The 50 BP is a good incentive though, because I could certainly use it (b/c the battle areas are apparently haxes from what you guys said about them, and I haven't bothered to do Tree yet; not until I bump my team up to level 100 or import my stuff).

----

As for the copyright, I really don't know. Is Nintendo/Gamefreak flagging S/M videos again because the Z-moves for the starters were already shown on their channel?

Maybe it has something to do with Oceanic Operetta looking like the DBZ Spirit Bomb.

Anyway, I'm about to take the trial of Sophocles.

And countdown to Christmas: 1 week.

Well, people technically refer to it as such (or whatever the Naruto equivalent is, because I've seen comments comparing it to that too; probably Tailed Beast Bomb, but meh). If DBZ had complaints about it, then go after Gamefreak.

Probably will buy Moon sometime this week; there are some things that I do want to get, but as mentioned before, I cannot be bothered to deal with people on the GTS otherwise.

As for some of the trade evo 'mons, I'll probably just wait until January to bring them over (given I do not have a lot of patience to wait for certain 'mons to show up in weather GTS fights [i.e. the apparent 4+ hours to find Politoed in Maile City]). Other than that, whatever that I can evolve on my own and all will be trained (including evolving my Cosmog). To be fair, I want that one to evolve into Lunala, but don't have Moon for it. [At least I have control over its training/nature and other stuff]

I may not have followed Naruto much but I believe it is called Rasenka.

Now then, I caught 4 different Minior: Red, Orange, Yellow and Green and man I tried catching a Beldum but it's tough, even with an ultra ball.

Indeed, Beldum has the same catch rate as a legendary pokemon. And worst of all it only knows Takedown. So I'd bring in a Ghost pokemon so it doesn't end up killing itself.

Indeed, Beldum has the same catch rate as a legendary pokemon. And worst of all it only knows Takedown. So I'd bring in a Ghost pokemon so it doesn't end up killing itself.

I probs should've done that myself but didn't bother.

Now that I'm in the postgame, I can get Magearna in addition to hunting Abras for the Synchronise stuff.

Probably 3-4 IV Gible in Beast Balls (one of the eggs bred from them is now a level 50 Garchomp with egg moves; speed IV is meh though). That, and a LOT of Eevees (the Espeon/Jolteon I have on team now were bred from a Chinese Eevee in Heal Ball [meh] and English Ditto). Oh right, and recently, Japanese Magnemite with Modest nature and perfects on the special side. Some people did send Rowlets over, which is cool too. 

Rest of the stuff is usually generic stuff that I probably end up trading away otherwise (i.e. Yungoos, Magikarp, other stuff). 

I was doing a Wonderlocke in Pokemon Y, so later near the end of the game where most of my mons were dead and only 3-4 remained, I did one more WT and lo and behold:

Shiny Electivire, Max IVs in everything, Level 100 w. Motor Drive, Jolly, with the right movesets and everything. In the Maison and online battles, it was a busted sweeper.

And now recently, luck had struck me on again. I was attempting to WT all the extra 300+ Rowlets I gotten, and out of one trade it happened to me again.

Shiny Salamence, Max IVs in everything but Atk, Level 100 w. Intimidate, Modest, and with the appropriate moveset or doubles, all with their move PP maxed out. I could never be anymore luckier; it's the third shiny I got in WT so far in Moon alone. Not sure about both these guys' original contents of submitting these, but they've been living on as killing machines in online battles. I've greatly appreciated them.

Okay, who wants Popplio? Cause I just got Ditto. and it's time to breed.

Also, I got the Blue, Violet and Indigo core Miniors. During which, my Fem Salandit evolved, and I caught a Beldum thanks to me using Haunter to put it to sleep. Even if times change my Gengar moveset never goes out of style. BTW, No Sun but Haunter's good.

My Haunter will still use Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Shadow Punch and Shadow Ball. Shadow Punch will be for breeding. Any other suggestions? Also tried weather SOS with Rain Dance. got Goomy.

Also, Beldum's  Take Down is not unlimited. Unless you can beat it in 20 turns it'll Struggle itself to death.

I got lucky with finding Sliggoo on Exeggutor Island; just breeding that for Goomy (and eventual evolution). 

List of 'mons I still need for dex completion (which includes all of the trade evo ones). I'll just remember to update this as I cross them off.

• Vikavolt (will evolve it later when I get a Modest Grubbin/Charjabug from wild with good enough IVs; can breed them too, but yeah.)
  • Slowking (import from Gen 6)
  • Magneton/Magnezone (will evolve later)
  • Mandibuzz (breed the Vullaby I have for spares, then evolve it or the resulting egg)
  • Lilligant (breed Petilil, then evolve offspring; one I have is Impish)
  • Vaporeon (I could do this right now if I wanted to, but want a competitive one even if I don't use it)
  • Sylveon (same as above; I want competitive one, but no Anticipation Eevees so far [unless I want to evolve one in Gen 6 and transfer; including the one I wiped Super Doubles with in OR/AS])
  • Lurantis (evolve; will need to go into the AU right now if I want to evolve one b/c 6:30 pm on my end, which is night)
  • Politoed (yeah, weather battles in Maile will yield it, but I've had no luck so far)
  • Milotic (can either import or try to trade with self)
  • Magmortar
  • Goomy/Goodra (see above notes for these two)
  • Bastiodon (just evolve the Shieldon I bred)
  • Carracosta (evolve the Tirtouga I got from the fossil; also breed too)
  • Metagross (finish training that Metang I have)
  • Porygon2/Porygon-Z (importing it or trade evolution)
  • Electivire (probably importing / trade evo with self)
  • Weavile (need to find a Razor Claw; think I better go find one on SOS Kommo-o)
  • Vanilluxe (evolve the Vanillish I found on Mt. Lanakila)
  • Snubbull (breed)
  • Scizor (import)
  • Dragonair/Dragonite (evolve/breed more)
  • Cosmoem (evolve)
  • Lunala (either trade with eventual Moon counterpart and evolve there, or find someone who has Moon and can help; requires Cosmoem to be evolved, which I still need to level train it to 52)
  • Pheromosa (While I could trade my spare Buzzwole for one, I do want it to be decent nature and not some random kid giving me a speed cut one and/or shitty IVs in places where I need them to be good [basically, have some control over what it turns out to be])

Yeah, still have a bit of stuff to do here, but half of it is doable at this time. 

On the subject of cloned mons, it was a glitch that required specific timing on when to disconnect from a trade. It would "complete" the trade for one side, but send the Pokemon back on the other side (due to the disconnect), resulting in one mon being deleted entirely (as one system believed it was traded successfully) and both games having the other Pokemon.

I could never get it to work myself, and really didn't care THAT much to keep trying.

But I noticed S/M has notices whenever you're doing a trade, that if you disconnect, accidentally or otherwise, you won't be able to attempt another trade for a while. This seems like a workaround for people exploiting this previous glitch, not only restricting you from experimenting with timing to the point of figuring it out, but also penalizing you with a cooldown timer of some sort for each attempt, successful or otherwise. In fact, I personally wouldn't even BOTHER attempting a trade-cloning glitch, even if I knew about one, just because it'll cost me time and STILL frustrate me when I fail.

It's possible some people like giving out legit shinies and stuff to make people's day, or because a Youtuber is streaming Wonder Trades (this was a thing with Wonder Trade Wednesdays in X/Y/ORAS. I've gotten several excellent shinies via Wonder Trade on those days). I also believe giving away awesome WT stuff is good karma.

@Sakura - Use a Compound Eyes Pokemon lead when hunting for a Razor Claw from the wild Jangmo-o. And use Thief. It's much more likely than getting an SOS Kommo-o. 20% with Compound Eyes. That's what I did, anyway.

I got the shiny charm in my Moon file. It was...really tough. GTS was lifesaver.

Since you brought up the shiny charm, I wonder if the game will have any reward for filling the whole National Dex. Also curious what they are going to do about the Dex since the Island Scan Pokemon don't have Dex entries from what I've seen. On that note, what happens when you catch one of them, since normally you get shown the Dex?

If I remember correctly, you just jump over to the naming screen and all, and whether/not you want to add it to team. I don't really remember if the dex came up; don't think it did (last time I decided to use Island Scan was for Samurott a couple weeks ago).

@evil: I'll have to check if I have a Compoundeyes user; probably do but chances are that it's really underleveled because I keep it in box all the time.

If I remember correctly, you just jump over to the naming screen and all, and whether/not you want to add it to team. I don't really remember if the dex came up; don't think it did (last time I decided to use Island Scan was for Samurott a couple weeks ago).

@evil: I'll have to check if I have a Compoundeyes user; probably do but chances are that it's really underleveled because I keep it in box all the time.

I used Butterfree. Admittedly, it was Level 10, so I let it faint, and kept it as the first slot in the party. The first Jangmo-o I ran into had the Razor Claw, so it didn't take me long to do that.

I'm really hoping they'll add Dex entries and stuff for National Dex Pokes, similar to how I hope/expect that they'll include a way to acquire the non-Alola Dex M-Stones when Bank is updated, because otherwise, you're really restricted in that front, since Bank can't transfer items.

I used Butterfree. Admittedly, it was Level 10, so I let it faint, and kept it as the first slot in the party. The first Jangmo-o I ran into had the Razor Claw, so it didn't take me long to do that.

I'm really hoping they'll add Dex entries and stuff for National Dex Pokes, similar to how I hope/expect that they'll include a way to acquire the non-Alola Dex M-Stones when Bank is updated, because otherwise, you're really restricted in that front, since Bank can't transfer items.

I used Butterfree to help me get through Hala and Mallow. It's a good early-game pokemon.

I'm gonna bet they'll bring out an update/patch when Bank is live so that the game adds the other Mega Stones as well.

Archived