Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Ash Pikachu Event

The Cap Pikachu have been confirmed to be coming to the west. Starting September 19th, the Cap Pikachu will be available through special Serial Code on the official site. Players can only receive one of the six with the code so you will have to choose carefully which one you want:

· September 19–25: Ash's Pikachu (Original Cap)

· September 26 – October 2: Ash's Pikachu (Hoenn Cap)

· October 3–9: Ash's Pikachu (Sinnoh Cap)

· October 10–16: Ash's Pikachu (Unova Cap)

· October 17–23: Ash's Pikachu (Kalos Cap)

· October 24–30: Ash's Pikachu (Alola Cap)

These Pikachu are said to have different moves based on Pikachu's learnset in each saga, meaning they will likely match the Pikachu distributed in Japan earlier this year. In addition to this, details on the movie have come out and confirm that if you go see the movie through the special showings around the world, you'll receive a QR Code for the I Choose You Cap Pikachu to be redeemed in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. Our Event Database has been updated with details of these events.

So yeah, they're coming in a couple weeks. Also let's see where the special showings are; chances are that I get screwed over again because they almost never have airings in this state [though may be same for others here].

Hopefully someone posts the code online and it can be used, because it will suck like hell if certain locations don't get the code because promoters didn't release a showing in certain areas.

===

As for Special Battles, not interested; though, I haven't cared for Battle Spot anyway.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably to go in line with what Japan got; I really have no idea why you only get one. Most you can do is get another one on Moon / alt cartridges.

But yeah, Hawai'i is the source for Alola, so if Gamefreak/Nintendo/promoters skip over us, then it just makes them look like bastards (and just furthers the disdain that certain residents have towards mainland/outside interests commercializing the state). I'll lay off on the parenthesized because that's for General/Debates.

We'll have to see, but chances are they probably won't (or I'll be busy if it does come).

Regarding the airings, they haven't even released tickets over here in the UK (and also Canada) yet, but chances are it'll be too far away from me, so I'll probs won't get to see it unless they decide to release it on dvd next year or something,

Hopefully someone posts the code online and it can be used, because it will suck like hell if certain locations don't get the code because promoters didn't release a showing in certain areas.

It depends if the QR code is unique to each individual or not.

Hopefully. 

I'll divert thoughts on stuff in the US/UM thread when stuff arrives, but yeah.

Then again, still have to wait for the last Mega Stones to be released via code.

=====

In terms of Pikachu, I have to think of which one I want; probably either Hoenn/Sinnoh/Kalos one, but let's see what happens.

Yeah, because I transferred Mew's one to the wrong cartridge and I cannot move it over (now why the hell did it not ask if I wanted it transferred instead of downloading to whichever I had Bank on).

But considering you have to spend BP on them now, would be a dumb decision on Gamefreak's end if they weren't tradeable.

====

Still waiting on US/UM news, but otherwise, I have been going off-and-on with it due to my distaste with the training options in there right now.

Regarding USUM, I'm gonna have US as my vanilla run. The only 'mon I know I'm using is Rowlet (as I haven't used it yet), can't plan the rest of my team till the games come out as it was stated that it'll have different 'mons to SM. UM however will be a nuzlocke/wedlocke run (as I haven't done those in a while).

Although I would rather not suggest this (because it does amount to machine generated, and yes, Nintendo will sheet on you if found in official battles), there is a Youtuber who can make you the other hats you didn't choose (think Shiny Giveaway or something). 

Celebi stuff mentioned in the US/UM thread, but yeah. I don't know if I want to or not.

I'd rather not go for the ones distributed on YouTube, since GTS/Wonder Trade actually prevents legitimate Event mons (due to event ribbons) from being traded, so unfortunately it's a dead giveaway that they're hacked if they can be obtained through one of those Youtube giveaways.

You do have Bank as well, though yeah, I did say that it isn't advised.

Also...

In The Games Department

Pokémon

It has been confirmed that Charizard will be distributed via code at Target stores across North America from October 1st. It is Level 50 with the moves Dragon Dance, Flare Blitz, Fly & Earthquake and holds a Red Card. It runs until October 14th. No other international distributions of this event have been announced. Our Event Database has been updated to include the details of this event

Uh yeah, this came out.

(Hopefully Europe/rest of the world get something similar, but if not, blame Gamefreak. Not like Japan/Asia gets exclusive stuff we don't)

Even if I wanted it, no guarantee that I can actually GO to Target, even though one exists near work.

Archived