Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sakura, this'll interest you;

Details for the next Battle Competition have been announced. This is the Weakness Cup competition. This is a Double Battle competition using rules where only Pokémon with five or more weaknesses can be used. The standard Legendary Pokémon and Mythical Pokémon restrictions apply and you cannot use Ash Greninja. Only Weakness Policy and the type-reducing Berries such as Yache Berry can be used. Mega Stones are also not allowed. Registration runs from July 20th to July 27th. Battles will run from July 28th to July 30th. All entrants will get the Altarianite, Ampharosite, Latiosite and Latiasite Mega Stones.

Well, I'm finally on summer break and the stones I need are up for grabs. So yeah, might look into doing this one; will need to train and import some stuff from Unova / Kalos / Hoenn, because hell knows how shitty the S/M training system is. Just need to see what 'mons I have that have multiple weaknesses and I actually use.

(My Eons both have 6 weaknesses, so...fair game for usage [i think]. unless Gamefreak decided to be stupid and restrict it to purely Alola-born stuff. Haven't done these in a while because lack of time / viable 'mons / motivation.)

====

Oh right, and wonder how we're doing in terms of the current global mission. Still have to do a battle on Moon, and I'm kinda saying "screw it already" on Sun after battle 1 because the E4 is shitty for training. But then again, it's not like we have a choice in where to train.

(My Eons both have 6 weaknesses, so...fair game for usage [i think]. unless Gamefreak decided to be stupid and restrict it to purely Alola-born stuff. Haven't done these in a while because lack of time / viable 'mons / motivation.)

Well, they're on the list of eliglible 'mons so I don't see why they wouldn't be allowed. I do think they'd have stated Alola-born only if it was Alola-born only.

Well, I'm finally on summer break and the stones I need are up for grabs. So yeah, might look into doing this one; will need to train and import some stuff from Unova / Kalos / Hoenn, because hell knows how shitty the S/M training system is. Just need to see what 'mons I have that have multiple weaknesses and I actually use.

====

Oh right, and wonder how we're doing in terms of the current global mission. Still have to do a battle on Moon, and I'm kinda saying "screw it already" on Sun after battle 1 because the E4 is shitty for training. But then again, it's not like we have a choice in where to train.

I checked. We're at 116k of 100k needed. So the mission has already been beaten.

• 2 weeks later...

Late as hell, but record was 235,111 times so it got eclipsed. (Then again, I only battled twice on Sun and once on Moon because the training indeed sucks). 
Next event starts on July 25th and winning Poke Lottery in Festival Plaza (oh god, this might be a pain). 

Also...

In The Games Department
Pokémon Sun & Moon - Shiny Tapu Koko
For those of you in Europe and Australia, the Shiny Tapu Koko event has gone live on Mystery Gift. It can be accessed by connecting to the Internet option in Mystery Gift. This Shiny Tapu Koko matches the Shiny Tapu Koko from Japanese distribution earlier this year. Currently there is no word on a North American distribution but it is likely it will come soon. Our Event Database has been updated with the details of this event
Edit: It is now live in North America

Serebii doesn't have details yet, but yeah.

Finally finished Pokémon Sun, I now caught up with the games after not playing since Black and White (still need to play the gen 2 remake at some point). My team went in a completely different direction than I thought it would, here's my team I used for Elite Four (changed around a bit during post game):

Decidueye (I was thinking about changing it to Lurantis since I like its design, but its pure Grass, and I find that boring, it looks like Bug-type too, but isn't, which would be way cooler to me)

Palossand (one I wanted from the start, but I missed catching it at first, so had to level it up about 20 levels, I hate that it's so slow though, I want to switch it in a lot of the time, but it isn't fast enough to really do that with)

Vikavolt (I was not planning on using it forever, but just evolving it, turns out you cannot evolve Chargabug until way later in the game, but it actually has a cool design and it having over 200 Special Attack after evolving made me hang onto it)

Araquanid (Not something I expected to like, but I found one in the wild, and having a fully evolved Pokémon without having to capture it and since I didn't have a water Pokémon at that point, I decided to get it. I was planning on leaving Vikavolt for this, but never found another Pokémon in time for it)

Salazzle (Another one I wanted to get from the get go, nothing special about this one, in fact the only one that really isn't special)

Alolan Ninetales (I bought Sun version for this one specifically, I knew I wanted at least 1 Alolan form, I had Alolan Muk for a little bit, but changed it around when I got Salazzle. It turns out that you cannot get it until the last route before Elite Four, so that sucks. I had Crabrawler for a while too, which turns out evolves into an Ice/Fighting-type in the same area as Vulpix, so I changed to Vulpix and evolved it to Ninetales, I am disappointed in  it though, it seemed super weak to me, and I am just playing casually, maybe I was using it wrong?)

I wanted to get a Cosmog so bad too, but turns out that it's only a post game Pokémon, and that it doesn't actually learn any moves, so that was a disappointment. I had a Mudsdale for a while as well, I wish I had kept it around, but Palossand made me remove it. As said, Crabrawler was on my team for most of the game too, I don't like it though, even if its evolution is Ice/Fighting-type, which is interesting to me. I used Lycanroc, Ribombee and Shiinotic a tiny bit as well, those are some I evolved and then ditched really, I wasn't into Lcanroc, Ribombee was another Bug and I had Chargabug at the same time, and Shiinotic is Grass and Fairy, which I used while I had Ribombee at the same time to evolve them, but Decidueye was one I wanted to keep using. I used Tapu Lele post game for a bit as well, but I don't like to use Legendary Pokemon nor any from other generations (Alolan versions excluded of course).

Overall though, I liked my time playing this game for sure, the Pokémon I got were so not what I expected to end up with by the end, I tried to avoid looking up a lot of the Pokémon, so it was a surprise to see some Pokémon that were so different, like the Ultra Beast Xurkitree was so weird looking to me the first time I saw it, Araquanid was cool and huge the first time I saw it, didn't even know it was suppose to be Dewpider's evolution. The story was I expected, with some characters I just wanted to see gone, I role played as someone who just wanted to finish the trails, and didn't care about the Aether Foundation or Team Skull or anything at all, but was forced into it. Made it more fun. I think some of the areas were kind of bland though, seemed like they didn't have a designer this time around, and not having HMs anymore made the Ride Pokémon you got just seem like one time use for most of the time, besides secrets I suppose. It's odd to me. I would say I like X and Y more, maybe it's because it was the first one I played in a long while, and it was so different since it was 3D, even though this game has much more freedom to move around. I still love the series as whole though, and I was glad I decided to return to it, since I thought that I was starting to get over playing the same game, but no, I still love to play it, so that's great. I cannot wait to see what happens next.

Alolan Ninetales (I bought Sun version for this one specifically, I knew I wanted at least 1 Alolan form, I had Alolan Muk for a little bit, but changed it around when I got Salazzle. It turns out that you cannot get it until the last route before Elite Four, so that sucks.

Alola Vulpix was also in Tapu Village.

Alola Vulpix was also in Tapu Village.

Strange, I looked at the Pokédex to show where it was and it showed this entire area, but I could never find it in the wild there, so I assumed it was up on the mountain instead, since that would make more sense to have an Ice-type there. But seems like you are right, 10% chance.

It's a pity you gave up on Mudsdale, as they're real workhorses when it comes to the main story. Though I'm not surprised about your comments on speed. Discussion about gen 7 being the snail generation is basically just beating a dead Ponyta at this point,

Strange, I looked at the Pokédex to show where it was and it showed this entire area, but I could never find it in the wild there, so I assumed it was up on the mountain instead, since that would make more sense to have an Ice-type there. But seems like you are right, 10% chance.

Yeah, with Tapu Village at the base of Mt Lanakila, it would be cold enough for Vulpix to be around, though at 10% it isn't that surprising you didn't find one.

If anyone is interested and knows more about stats and stuff than I do, here's my team:

[spoiler=Araquanid]

Level: 72

HP: 193

Attack: 152

Defense: 155

Special Attack: 92

Special Defense: 218

Speed: 102

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Water Bubble

Moves: Leech Life, Poison Jab, Liquidation, Crunch

[spoiler=Vikavolt]

Level: 68

HP: 194

Attack: 134

Defense: 143

Special Attack: 245

Special Defense: 105

Speed: 96

Nature: Rash

Ability: Levitate

Moves: Thunderbolt, Bug Buzz, Poison Jab, Flash Cannon

[spoiler=Decidueye]

Level: 71

HP: 207

Attack: 186

Defense: 129

Special Attack: 156

Special Defense: 153

Speed: 156

Nature: Naive

Ability: Overgrow

Moves: Spirit Shackle, Leaf Blade, Frenzy Plan, False Swipe (I use Decidueye to capture things with mostly)

[spoiler=Palossand]

HP: 218

Attack: 151

Defense: 185

Special Attack: 171

Special Defense: 123

Speed: 100

Nature: Serious

Ability: Water Compaction

Moves: Shadow Ball, Earthquake, Earth Power, Sludge Bomb

[spoiler=Salazzle]

HP: 199

Attack: 140

Defense: 120

Special Attack: 189

Special Defense: 115

Speed: 222

Nature: Quirky

Ability: Corrosion

Moves: Flamethrower, Sludge Wave, Leech Life, Overheat

[spoiler=Alolan Nintetales]

Level: 73

HP: 201

Attack: 140

Defense: 139

Special Attack: 153

Special Defense: 180

Speed: 164

Nature: Sassy

Ability: Snow Cloak

Moves: Ice Beam, Blizzard, Dazzling Gleam, Confuse Ray

I'll note that Ninetales's nature is a Speed cutting nature, which makes it less effective when needed. Ideal nature is Timid, since most, if not all its attacks are specially-oriented and you won't need physical Attack; that, and winning speed ties in its tier (though it falls shy of the heavy base 110 tier). Also stuff about the HA, but unless you want to grind for that long to get one, it's fine.

I guess you could run a slightly mixed Vikavolt, but I personally prefer to just use a full Special Vikavolt. IDK, you can defer to Smogon for an ideal set. 

(Same could be said for your entire team as a whole; Aranquanid is probably fine for what it does. Nature-wise, you should have one that boosts its better stats and lowers ones you don't really use much.)

Can't blame you for speed, but that's been discussed plenty of times by now.

I already bred 1-2 boxes full, albeit only a handful of them are right nature, have their egg moves and perfect IVs where I need them. Just have to train them because I've been lazy on touching Sun/Moon lately due to lack of interest/motivation.

Also yeah, registration opened up a day ago for that tournament, so... (Whether or not I actually have viable 'mons on hand with 5+ weaknesses is another story; might have to import them from Gen 5/6 because I know there's a ton of them. Most I have is probably the Tapus, some of the UBs, some imported Eons, Lucario [uh, I think it doesn't have enough weaknesses to play here], Salamence [should work]; I have to check.)

====

I don't have Lopunnite because I rarely compete in tournaments, so... (Need to get the newer stones though from that code, and Tapu Koko)

Nope, it's new to me; and unless it's confirmed on Bulbapedia/Serebii/another official source (including their YT), going to mark it as fake.

====

Then I find out that the Master division for the Weakness tournament closed up when I went to register, so no competing in that or getting the Mega Stones I need. Can probably blame self for not jumping on it as soon as the thing opened and/or underestimating the number of people who were entering globally from that.

Slightly pissed about it, but I probably was going to be busy replaying White 2 and training stuff, so...

Nope, it's new to me; and unless it's confirmed on Bulbapedia/Serebii/another official source (including their YT), going to mark it as fake.

Yeah, I saved myself 20 minutes by not watching what could be potential bollocks

Then I find out that the Master division for the Weakness tournament closed up when I went to register, so no competing in that or getting the Mega Stones I need. Can probably blame self for not jumping on it as soon as the thing opened and/or underestimating the number of people who were entering globally from that.

Slightly pissed about it, but I probably was going to be busy replaying White 2 and training stuff, so...

I'm sure you can wait till September for said stones. I stopped entering competitions when I didn't get the participation prize for the Beedrill mega stone and had to wait the additional month

Meanwhile;

The ninth Pokémon Sun & Moon Global Mission has begun. This Global Mission's theme involves winning at the Loto in Festival Plaza or Hau'oli City. To beat this Global Mission, players worldwide need to win 1,000 times. Rewards are 2,000 FC (Success), 200 FC (Failure) - If the game is tied to a Global Link account: 4,000 FC (Success), 400 FC (Failure). This Mission runs until August 8th 2017 23:59 UTC. If players win 1 time, then they will earn a Rare Candy and if a total of 2,000 wins happen, all players with a PGL account will get a Fast Ball

On another note, there is speculation that we could get a Shiny Silvally distribution at some point to tie in with the release of a TCG product featuring Shiny Silvally.

Archived