Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

I've been doing fine with just the nerfed Soul Dew for my Eons, so not in any rush to get the Mega Stones; then again, like I mentioned, probably would be too busy training stuff in previous generations + replaying White 2 to actually compete. (That, and only 'mons I had that were ready for battle under the conditions were Latias, Tapu Bulu, I guess both versions of UB-02, Terrakion and maybe some other stuff that is imperfect).

So yeah, can wait the added month or something. The stones would've been nice, but not high priority.

====

I have a feeling this Global Mission might end in failure, considering the lottery in Festival Plaza tends to give shitty prizes even at the higher levels and the one in Hau'oli City is w/e. Let's just see what happens (unless people do the "save VIP with Bottle Cap" thing).

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, it's new to me; and unless it's confirmed on Bulbapedia/Serebii/another official source (including their YT), going to mark it as fake.

====

Then I find out that the Master division for the Weakness tournament closed up when I went to register, so no competing in that or getting the Mega Stones I need. Can probably blame self for not jumping on it as soon as the thing opened and/or underestimating the number of people who were entering globally from that.

Slightly pissed about it, but I probably was going to be busy replaying White 2 and training stuff, so...

We'll have to wait until the trailer shows up in August.

I have a feeling this Global Mission might end in failure, considering the lottery in Festival Plaza tends to give shitty prizes even at the higher levels and the one in Hau'oli City is w/e. Let's just see what happens (unless people do the "save VIP with Bottle Cap" thing).

1000 isn't that big of a target tbph, but we'll just have to wait and see

That's fine; main thing is that they actually show us a defined trailer so we can decide on whether to get stuff or not. (Reminder that we do have a US/UM thread down below; just bump that up when stuff comes).

But yeah, I tend not to believe anything that Tyranitube or whatever Pokemon Youtuber says, or least stuff that's rumors.

The mission has already been completed. As of almost 2 hours ago, there have been like 4800 wins out of the 1000 required.

Alright, so I guess that's settled. (Might as well just log into Festival Plaza, sign up and just try to win something instead of mooching off the guys who actually did stuff). My assumption for it being a failure was that you'd have to win 1st place, but if it just means getting something, then alright, why not.

By now, I think the tournament already started, but I'm doing other things in the background and don't have time for competition training. (Heck, I still have to move some 'mons from White 2 to Gen 6 for training; then shift them to Alola after level 100 because the training this gen sucks).

Alright, so I guess that's settled. (Might as well just log into Festival Plaza, sign up and just try to win something instead of mooching off the guys who actually did stuff). My assumption for it being a failure was that you'd have to win 1st place, but if it just means getting something, then alright, why not.

I could see why you'd assume that. I suppose you forgot lottos in Pokémon had multiple prizes to win that aren't the consolation prize (that doesn't count).

I sort of forgot about the ID thing, but the lottos do have a tendency to give sheet prizes at times (anything below 5th, even at the higher levels). Former might be better. 

Oh, and here's another contest:

In The Games Department
Pokémon Sun & Moon - Battle Competition
Details for the next Battle Competition have been announced. This is the No Holds Barred competition, known in Japan as Spectral Thief. This is a Single Battle competition using rules where you cannot use Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Solgaleo or Lunala. All other Mythical and Legendary Pokémon can be used including Marshadow. All Pokémon will be raised to Level 100 for the duration of the competition. You can also run duplicate items and duplicate Pokémon. Registration runs from August 17th to August 24th. Battles will run from August 25th to August 27th. All entrants will get the 50 Battle Points. Download Rules for this competition are now available from Festival Plaza

No box mascots / certain Ubers, but other than that, you can do whatever. So...modified version of Anything Goes from Showdown?

(At least you can use the mythicals like Shaymin-S now)

EDIT: Oh, and this one....

In The Games Department

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Salazzle Event

Early leaflets have leaked out confirming a long rumoured event to distribute a Salazzle. This event runs at Gamestop from August 14th to September 4th and provides a battle ready Salazzle with Fake Out, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower and holding a Focus Sash. Further distributions for this globally have not yet been confirmed but we'll provide full details as they come. Our Event Database has been updated with the details of this event

>Further distributions for this globally have not yet been confirmed

That's enough for me to not care about the event for the time being

As for the competition, I'm not fussed about the prize, given that they're now done with the Mega Stones... until the last code comes out for the current ones.

As much as I'd like 50 BP, I get more than that just leaving stuff in Bank. 

That, and yeah, I might as well just play actual AG on Showdown if I remember my username on there.

Probably will be for us (remind self to go to Gamestop before I return to college or sometime on a weekend after I finish working), but we'll see.

===

Still waiting for Marshadow and the other codes for the Mega Stones we don't have. (At this time, the Weakness Tournament should've ended) 

I technically did it on Moon, but wasn't able to Game Link it because Nintendo servers were being stupid (sigh, no Rare Candy or Fast Ball, but I almost never use the Apicorn balls anyway). Sun was fine. [At least the 4K FC exists]

Sucks that there's no more after this, but guess that means we can do whatever now for the time being.

In The Games Department
Pokémon Sun & Moon
A new event has begun around the globe. This event gives the Mega Stones for Mega Gardevoir, Gallade and Lopunny, as well as the Mega Stone, Diancite. This means all Mega Stones are now available to players. This is given with the code: POYONG. Like before, there currently is no end date known for this distribution so be sure to get it while you still can. This follows on from the distribution to tie in with the tiny tourney for the first three Mega Stones. OurEvent Database has been updated with the details of this event.

====

So yeah, only my Eon stones and Altarianite remain. (Would've been nice if I registered earlier, or if they didn't lock it after 50,000 participants but w/e.)

So, i would need tip on team choice that can fit with them. need pokemons that could help my Garchomp and Aegislash

Garchomp

Nature: Jolly

Ability:Rough Skin

Movesets: Stone Edge, Poison Jab, Outrage, Earthquake.

Item held: Choice Scarf (it may make her fast but limiting on my move selection if my opponent where to use a pokemon that can check it)

Aegislash

Nature: Quiet

Ability: Stance Change

Moveset: Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, King's Shield, Flash Cannon

Item Held: Ghostium Z

I thought i could use a team with Garchomp, Lucario, Venusaur, Pidgeot, Sableye and Greininja for some fun way but did not do so good

my current team are

[spoiler=Garchomp]Nature: Jolly
Ability:Rough Skin
Movesets: Stone Edge, Poison Jab, Outrage, Earthquake.
Item held: Choice Scarf

[spoiler=Aegislash]Nature: Quiet
Ability: Stance Change
Moveset: Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, King's Shield, Flash Cannon
Item Held: Ghostium Z

[spoiler=Tapu Koko]Nature: Timid
Ability Electric Surge
Item Electrium Z
Move sets: Dazzling Gleam, Grass Knot, Volt Switch, Thunderbolt

[spoiler=Blaziken]Nature:Adamant
Ability Speed Boost
Item Held: Blazikenite
Moveset: Protect, High Jump, Baton Pass, Flare Blitz

[spoiler=Muk (alola)]Nature:Adamant
Ability: Poison Touch
Item Held: Figy Berry
Moveset: Poison Jab, Shadow Sneak, Knock Off, Protect

[spoiler=Gyarados]Nature: Jolly
Ability: Intimidate
Item Held: Gyaradosite
Moveset: Ice Fang, Dragon Dance, Crunch, Waterfall

New trailer for USUM revealed:

And here's the Japanese version:

UPDATE(S):

A new map of the Alola Region, complete with what appear to be dark, ominous clouds hanging over Poni Island.
DHg67h_XcAAefbz.jpg

The black-colored Z-Ring is apparently called the "Z-Power Ring", which allows the use of more Z-Moves.  More exclusive Z-Moves will be introduced.

DHg843wUIAAtAfa.jpg

On a related note, TOMY will release a toy version of the Z-Power Ring that works with the new Z-Moves in USUM, much like TOMY's previous Z-Ring toy.

DHg78iiUwAAsx82.png

It has been confirmed that Marshadow will be distributed in the US through Gamestop on October 9th through October 23rd and at select retailers in Europe on October 1st through November 14th. This Marshadow is Level 50 with the moves Spectral Thief, Close Combat, Force Palm and Shadow Ball and comes with the Marshadium Z.

>select retailers in Europe

I hope the UK distribution is at GAME.

Guess I'm taking another trip after work over there; might as well preorder US/UM while I'm at it too. 

But yeah, Nintendo's been screwing a handful of you with bad locations for this (even though Europe gets a longer distribution period). Let's assume Oceania (well, Australia/NZ, I'm technically in Oceania too but we're classed as NA for whatever reason) gets it too. 

I'm sure Oceania will get it too, we'll just have to wait and see.

Anywho;

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Special Battle Season 6

The Special Battle rules for Season 6 have been revealed. Season 6 will run from September 12th to November 14th 2017 and runs on Sun & Moon. This ruleset bans the Top 15 most used Pokémon from the last few seasons of Battle Spot
Battle type: Single Battle
Pokémon Restrictions: National Pokédex.
Banned Pokémon: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna, Marshadow,Ash-Greninja, Charizard, Gengar, Gyarados, Porygon2, Blaziken, Salamence, Garchomp, Lucario, Hippowdon, Mamoswine, Ferrothorn, Landorus, Greninja, Aegislash, Mimikyu, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele & Tapu Fini
The other standard rules apply, including all set to Level 50 if above that, and you choose 3 Pokémon out of your 6, and you cannot have two Pokémon holding the same hold item. Battles have a 10 minute duration, with turns having a 60 second timer. Pokémon need to be from X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Sun or Moon

Archived