Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

I did that thing with the Dittos back in X actually. Got one of every nature, excluding the neutral natures. I also did it with Kirlias too, just so I could have a full box of Synchronizers with different natures. It made hunting for UBs with specific natures far less of a jabroni, save for Buzzwole, who adamantly refused to come without 31IVs in Sp.Atk.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you've even seen me jabroni about breeding, this is par for the course. Breeding for HAs suck, breeding 1/8 female egg groups sucks, and breeding for both will make you want to beat your face into a wall.

Well it certainly paid off. It had similar IVs to my Clawitzer which made it invaluable for this process and hastened it considerably. Took a mere 2 batches/10 eggs to get the Squirtle I wanted.

- 5IV, ATK is "no good" I think

- Quiet (+SPA, -SPE)

- Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere, the rest of the moves are on TM/Level Up so its all good.

Seriously, thank you so much Broken.

And I got a Shiny Giratina on Wondertrading my breedjects. At least in the world of Pokemon, my life is good. Now I have to think about what team I want to take into the battle competition.

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Global Link Gift

For those of you who participated in the recent Global Mission, the gift for hatching 3 or more Eggs is now available through the Pokémon Global Link. This gift is given through a Serial Code that can be obtained on the Pokémon Global Link. Click here for the link when you are logged into the Global Link. This gift is a gift of 5 Rare Candy and 1 Love Ball. It can be redeemed until May 30th at 23:59 UTC.

Yeah, the gift is ready for those of us who got to it. 

i came out lucky by trading one of my ultra beast for a rayquaza but i manage to get a shinny lvl 100. im not sure about it, but it was from a trainer name TONY. but i could use it in the elite four by grinding EX for my pokemons and getting enough money for some items to boost their base stats (it was not traded through Wonder trade)

If it's already done, then there's not too much that needs to be said. Just sign up for the event, get the 4K FC and that's it (unless there's another Poke Ball prize or something if you get [x] amount)

From Serebii

"If players collect 30 Poké Beans, then they will earn a Rare Candy and if 6,000,000 Poké Beans are obtained, all players with a PGL account will get a Level Ball"

I really do like that they are giving out more Apricorn Balls. Shame I missed the first couple though. Luckily it wasn't a Fast Ball since I really wanted a second one.

I have about 9K FC on main, and I don't really use the shops too much unless I need to. Most of the FC I spend is usually on version exclusive clothing that Plaza guests are wearing (I still want a blue shirt, and it's cheaper to just get it from the guest as opposed to having to tie-dye and get particular berries; least for me). Think Moon has 6-7K; I haven't checked.

(Values are on my person right now; if overall, add about 2,000 or so)

This is why using Smogon as a partial reference source helps a bit, so you can try to train stuff properly and all. Then again, I have been thinking about using the Rare Kitchens I have for training, since yeah, level 63 E4 coupled with the reduced EXP gain formula gets pretty tedious after a while when I want full level 100s. 

(Money is good, but EXP gain is kinda crap. Gamefreak really should've made the E4 10-15 levels higher, and full team. I have no issue with the reduced EXP formula because of White 2, but lack of actually good places to train is a problem.)

good thing i have a rare kitchen that can boost my pokemon's level by 3 or 7 but pretty expensive

one thing for certian, its very time consuming to find a timid nature Snorount with Moody in SOS for Froslass, but by the time i would find it, Snorount will run out of moves (or my pokemon will run out of moves) until it struggle and fainted since i used false swipe.

good thing i have a rare kitchen that can boost my pokemon's level by 3 or 7 but pretty expensive

one thing for certian, its very time consuming to find a timid nature Snorount with Moody in SOS for Froslass, but by the time i would find it, Snorount will run out of moves (or my pokemon will run out of moves) until it struggle and fainted since i used false swipe.

You don't need to worry about the nature on the Pokemon you catch. If you breed them with any other X natured pokemon (most often a Ditto) you can just pass down the nature that way. Seriously, I've said it a bunch in the various Pokemon threads, but getting a Ditto army to set natures makes getting the natures you want basically free.

There's a table on Bulbapedia that tells you the chance of finding an HA 'mon in an SOS battle. Also yes, you can pass on HAs, though females are more likely to pass on their abilities. But yeah, you can get one; just make sure you have a Trace user or something to determine that because it isn't obvious. 

(I know I spent about half an hour getting a Snow Warning Vulpix from Mt. Lanakila, though neutral nature and I think 2-3 perfects in where I want them)

(Oh right, and I forgot I got FC from the last mission so actually a little over 13K FC out of 15-something thousand I actually obtained; not 9K [but still a lot, considering I rarely use Festival Plaza except for trading.])

There's a table on Bulbapedia that tells you the chance of finding an HA 'mon in an SOS battle. Also yes, you can pass on HAs, though females are more likely to pass on their abilities. But yeah, you can get one; just make sure you have a Trace user or something to determine that because it isn't obvious. 

(I know I spent about half an hour getting a Snow Warning Vulpix from Mt. Lanakila, though neutral nature and I think 2-3 perfects in where I want them)

(Oh right, and I forgot I got FC from the last mission so actually a little over 13K FC out of 15-something thousand I actually obtained; not 9K [but still a lot, considering I rarely use Festival Plaza except for trading.])

I don't think the gender matters for pass down odds. Moody doesn't need a trace user. If it doesn't faint in 1 turn the ability will be super obvious since it modifies states.

Moody is an obvious ability Sakura. I mean, since you should obviously be using False Swipe, the only way you wouldn't notice stats changing at the end of every turn would be if you aren't paying attention.

Also Sakura is right Flame. About 60% of the time the female passes down the ability in non-Ditto scenarios. But if you're not breeding for egg moved, a male works just fine.

Moody is an obvious ability Sakura. I mean, since you should obviously be using False Swipe, the only way you wouldn't notice stats changing at the end of every turn would be if you aren't paying attention.

Even if you aren't the game now shows you when stats get modified. Of all the abilities in the game it is one of the most obvious ones.

i'm just looking for a female snorount with moody so i can dawn stone it to froslass for cursed body

I still think its better to just get any Moody Snorount and breed it for the female. This at the very least will also let you get the timid nature. Plus you can also breed egg moves onto her since she gets some good ones (spikes being one of the best).

already got a female timid snorunt, so yeah, it don't matter if its a male or female if i can breed it with a ditto for a female. if i happen to find a male snorunt with its HA, i can breed it with a female timid snorunt thats holding a everstone to keep its nature

already got a female timid snorunt, so yeah, it don't matter if its a male or female if i can breed it with a ditto for a female. if i happen to find a male snorunt with its HA, i can breed it with a female timid snorunt thats holding a everstone to keep its nature

If you breed a HA male with a normal female you won't get the HA. It's really dumb, but thats just how it works.

Archived