Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd take Sakura's advice and just swap the gender by breeding it. At the very least you should try to use this as a chance to get Spikes onto Froslass since she really likes the moves. I'd also recommend Switcheroo since if you go for a choice set giving a pokemon a choice item can really shut them down.

i finally got a Snorunt with HA but its a male. and to go over this. is there a chance the male with a HA can breed a ditto that can give its HA to the child?

If you breed the HA male with a ditto you have a 60% chance of getting the HA passed down. Then either 20% for the other two abilities or 40% if it only has one.

Some general recommendations I can make if your looking to do stuff in Pokemon

-Catch a Ditto of every nature. If you can do this in a Gen 1 game and bring them up to Gen 7 since this also locks 3 perfect IVs

-Breed a synchronizer of every nature. Might seem dumb when you can breed a Pokemon for any nature with the Dittos, but it makes getting good natured legendaries really easy.

-Trade. As Sakura said if you breed Pokemon from your game they take longer to make an egg. If they come from outside of it they'll breed faster.

finally got  two timid nature Snorunt with their HA. to be honest. was going by the step i was doing, even if its not the easy way, but seems to complicated for me to explain how i did it. somehow one of the eggs hatch a shinny snorunt that is nature lax and has moody. one of the shinny i got from an SOS which got me to end that chain just to catch it

• 2 weeks later...

We also know what the next global event is, and that's fishing for Pokes in bubbling spots. I don't think we'll make it on that one, but suppose it won't hurt to try. (inb4 half the 'mons that are caught from bubbling spots are either Magikarp or some other common Pokes that very few people want).

But that being said, those of you who did the Poke Bean one (that got beaten 25x over), pick up your FC.

Fishing in bubbling spots...you don't have to CAPTURE the Pokemon, you just have to successfully net the Pokemon.

...even then, this seems like one of the most preposterously tedious missions, because you'll have to constantly leave the area to do it again. It's not HARD, just incredibly not fun.

Like seriously, I soft-reset normally if I'm hunting a "Bubbling spot" Pokemon because it's NOT FUN.

Only reason I even care about bubbling spots is for rare stuff like Mareanie (which I still need with my trainer ID on, because I've been busy lately). Oh hell, even stuff like Dratini's evo line. 

Let's see how it turns out, but unless people have enough patience to walk in and out; yeah. 

====

Easiest one is probably that spot outside Kiawe's house in Paniola Town; walk in and out.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate double posting in threads that aren't mine, but next event is up.

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Global Missions

The seventh Pokémon Sun & Moon Global Mission has begun. This Global Mission's theme involves fishing up Pokémon at the bubbling fishing spots. To beat this Global Mission, over 500,000 Pokémon/Items have to be fished. Rewards are 2,000 FC (Success), 200 FC (Failure) - If the game is tied to a Global Link account: 4,000 FC (Success), 400 FC (Failure). This Mission runs until June 13th 2017 23:59 UTC. If players fish 3 or more Pokémon/Items, then they will earn a Rare Candy and if 1,000,000 Pokémon/Items are fished, all players with a PGL account will get a Lure Ball 

Started about 6 hours ago, but yeah. Get 500K items/Pokemon from bubbling spots; let's see how this works. 

(Going to be a real pain, but let's go. Only reason I'm doing this is because I want to try for those Bottle Caps on Poni Island)

====

Also reminder for people who didn't get Lycanroc to hurry and do so. 

That, or the spot outside Kiawe's house [albeit SOME walking]. Only wish they didn't require having to push the A button to open doors. 

I've been using that lately for the above reason; go fish Dhelmise and more importantly, the Bottle Cap. (You have a 10% chance in the bubbling water for it, which probably means 5% altogether, so...) Would be nice to know what the ratios are for encountering Pokemon and items [how often will you get a Poke from said spot, and how often will an item appear in general]

now this one a bit of a challenge for me. i am trying to chain breed seismic toss for chansey. i did was breed a mankey with a seismic toss to a a mawile. then i breed the mawile that learn ST to a chansey, but yet the happiny did not learn the ST. like how many chain breeding does it take for a Chansey to learn ST

Archived