Nirvana High Paladin

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're dead wrong on the last part lol

Anime is summoning it with Cheermole + Enlightenment Paladin, so nope.

I mean, halving LP after laddering and giving up 3+ monsters to summon it is strong, but still battle reliant and likely worse than plain killing them through removal + board.

because why would yuya use a synchro tuner

And Number 100 went from a generic xyz to needing two numbers of the same name. You're 99% right, but it's not like Konami is always loyal to the anime

Edit, I missed the last part, thought this funk was generic

Nvm he's cool

meteorburst + parrotrio ggggg

pfft

honestly, it's just an extremely solid card with potential to do silly sheet, it's nothing broken or absurd

Meteorburst IS a very good way of laddering into this, as Parrotrio is a fine card... Yeah not a lot of other 3s you want to sheet onto the board from the Pendulum Zone. I guess Meteorburst + a majespecter if you can make it there somehow...?

Still, has potential for the laddering.

This card would have been great if not for the recent hits to OCG, specifically Ignister. The only techs I can see for this are:

-Trish + Level 1 Pendulum, particularly D/D. Alexander + Kepler + Lamia -> Trish, another Kepler into Nirvana. Very dumb combo since Crystal Wing is easier and better to get in that deck. Not much high value cards you can retrieve with Nirvana, but can add things like Swirl Slime/Dark Contracts to extend combos.

-Deskbot 005 + Highspeedroid Chanbara/Superheavy Sam Swordmaster Musashi OR Deskbot 006 + Herald of Arc Light/Highspeedroid Puzzle/Old Entity Hastor. The easiest and most consistent way of getting Nirvana, and Nirvana can help out a lot in Deskbots. Adds back Machine Dupe and other useful Spells and Deskbots.

-Clear Wing/Moonlight Rose/Meteorburst/Yazi + Zefraxi. Somewhat easy to do in a Turbo build if you initially Zefraniu + Chiwen. Sucks Jiaotu cannot bring Taotie and Axi both at once or else it would have been incredibly easy.

-Ignister/Omega + Trump Girl/Cheermole/Turn Toad. More meta relevant, but is pretty meh. Still nets a lot of good things as an end result.

This card would have been great if not for the recent hits to OCG, specifically Ignister. The only techs I can see for this are:

-Trish + Level 1 Pendulum, particularly D/D. Alexander + Kepler + Lamia -> Trish, another Kepler into Nirvana. Very dumb combo since Crystal Wing is easier and better to get in that deck. Not much high value cards you can retrieve with Nirvana, but can add things like Swirl Slime/Dark Contracts to extend combos.

-Deskbot 005 + Highspeedroid Chanbara/Superheavy Sam Swordmaster Musashi OR Deskbot 006 + Herald of Arc Light/Highspeedroid Puzzle/Old Entity Hastor. The easiest and most consistent way of getting Nirvana, and Nirvana can help out a lot in Deskbots. Adds back Machine Dupe and other useful Spells and Deskbots.

-Clear Wing/Moonlight Rose/Meteorburst/Yazi + Zefraxi. Somewhat easy to do in a Turbo build if you initially Zefraniu + Chiwen. Sucks Jiaotu cannot bring Taotie and Axi both at once or else it would have been incredibly easy.

-Ignister/Omega + Trump Girl/Cheermole/Turn Toad. More meta relevant, but is pretty meh. Still nets a lot of good things as an end result.

The Trish point is moot until we get a scale 0 pendulum, since the monster that does the tuning needs to be pendulum summoned.

P.M. Captor tech in shiranui anyone?

This is why you make it, optimally, with Ignister or Omega + a 2 OR Meteorburst + a 3, because they give you value when laddering with them.

Omega is a stupidly good card for laddering, as funking around with some custom stuff I made has shown. We don't have a good deck for him yet, but it means you can "Freely" use multiple tuners to access higher levels, while also getting a graveyard card back to your main/ED for free.

Ignister allows you to sheet out advantage and removal before he evolves into this. If it gets limited TCG side, you can then use this to restock Ignister and possibly summon it twice in one turn, despite the limit. This card is like an answer to limiting Ignister, in that regard.

Meteorburst is good value, because getting a dead card from your Pendulum Scale is basically a +1. If it's Sorc, you also get its effect off. Also works with slightly better monsters (Lizardraw, Parrotrio technically) than the other 2, which would namely work with Trump Girl

Sucks that we don't have cards that can reveal ANY monster in your Extra/keep it revealed.

Would be funny to Pendulum your non-Pendulum Synchros from a card/effect like that.

Even if such a card existed, they would need to have been properly summoned first, I think.

Seriously though, I can't tell if the art and stats are a homage or just plain laziness amirite?

TGBladeBlaster-LC5D-EN-SR-1E.png

It's like they know we want the rest of the T.G.'s, but they're just having a chuckle :'(

Calm the frick down, Salt Pants. If you'd actually paid attention, you would've noticed that Blade Blaster has 2200 Defense while Smells Like Teen Spirit has 2500 defense. The pose may be an homage to Blade Blaster, but the stats are an homage to Shooting Star Dragon. This isn't Konami taunting you, like you seem to think; this is a tasteful reference to the two main big-evolution monsters of that era, which is what Smells Like Teen Spirit is for this series.

Seriously, go find a mountain of fries to distribute all that misguided salt.

Archived