Overwatch

Mr. Hyde

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so her headshots cant 1 shot reaper?

Critical multiplier changed to 2.5 so headshot damage is unchanged.

'sfunny how they claim this is a "nerf"

I mean there are two heroes with exactly 150 health, so this is incredibly relevant.

EDIT: GOD funking DAMMIT PS4 ISN'T GETTING THESE CHANGES UNTIL LATER THIS MONTH IN A LARGER PATCH.

this month i should be able to buy a ps4 and i'll get Overwatch with it. Do ps3 psn ids carry over to ps4? or do you need to make a new account? If they carry over then mine is luifa61

No clue if they carry over or not.

Have you played the game yet? If not, what sorts of preferences do you think you will have, based on what you have seen?

I am wholly prepared to create an organized team of 6 to stomp the console environment.

No clue if they carry over or not.

Have you played the game yet? If not, what sorts of preferences do you think you will have, based on what you have seen?

I am wholly prepared to create an organized team of 6 to stomp the console environment.

From what i've seen (and what i tend to play in other games) i'll probably enjoy Lucio, Symmetra, Mei and D.Va

Once i try out the game i'll decide, Tracer looks fun too but maybe a bit difficult to master.

Tracer is more of a pc character. Twitch is easier with a mouse than a console and she's very mobile and twitchy. She can be played well on console, just not quite as effectively as on pc.

The upside is that on console if you have at least 2 blinks you can 1v6, because you are basically unhittable. Also an analogue stick offers more angles at which to blink, which isn't the biggest deal, but cool.

But yeah, good funking luck playing her to the degree that is possible on PC.

The upside is that on console if you have at least 2 blinks you can 1v6, because you are basically unhittable. Also an analogue stick offers more angles at which to blink, which isn't the biggest deal, but cool.

Yeah, arrow keys are basically higher performance Dualshock 1s without the mouse as far as Tracer's concerned.

But in general, mouse and keyboard is much more optimal for shooters. One reason I never liked them was cause I was used to playing with a controller and my laptop couldn't run most games in general.

Bastion and Tracer aren't really "jerk" characters, though.

Roadhog is the only true 'Jerk', as his Hook very easily fucks over a lot of things.

Plus if you wanna take care of them easily, just play as Genji.

Bastion is actually unfair simply because it's almost physically impossible to round a corner, start getting shot by him, realize you're getting shot by a bastion, then go back around the corner before he kills you (assuming he can actually hit headshots).  Genji only counters Bastion when he jumps in front him while he's shooting something else, cuz all bastion has to do is let go of right click until Genji's reflect wears off, then headshot him almost literally once.

Imo if you don't have enough time to react to the damage and at least get 1 pot shot off then the character is unfair.  But any time I try to argue that I get "well you should have rounded that corner expecting a bastion there."

Is that fun?  Is rounding every corner to check for a literal shitstorm of DPS fun?  Not to me.  If you could at least get 1-2 shots off before you go down then you force him to either heal or you give your teamates a chance to take him out while he's still hurt.  Like Roadhog can hook bastion out of his turret form, but because bastion has fakin armor roadhog can't kill him in 1 shot > melee from the hook.  And bastion has plenty of time in his non turret form to eat away at the health he didnt take cuz you hooked him before you can shoot another shot.  Zarya cant do jack cuz her shield is obliterated almost instantly while she does about 30 damage to his armor since she is also weak against armor.  McCree generally cant get close enough to flash bang him.  So what are his counters?  Snipers, and 3 people rushing him at once.  That's pretty much it.

In a very Rock - Paper - Scissors game like Overwatch, whenever you have a hero that doesn't have a hard counter, then something is wrong.  Cuz only Pharah and Widowmaker can "effectively" deal with a bastion, but only at long range.  Like I said his damage is absolutely insane.  Reduce it by 20 and you don't even come close to hurting his role as a character, but you force bastion players to be much smarter about their setup spots and aim for headshots when they can, cuz otherwise you're gonna get a pot shot to the face before you kill your target.

Archived