Overwatch

Mr. Hyde

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what do you mean, terrible? you just aren't doing it right.

D.Va is pretty generally accepted as the weakest character in the game due to her nearly nonexistent DPS, headshot hitbox the size of America's debt, and lack of mobility while attacking. Pretty much everything she does is done better by Winston.

"good ult", what do you mean "good ult", there cant be good ones if there aren't any bad ones.

Except bad ones do exist? As a matter of fact D.Va's is quite weak compared to similar ultimates. Junkrat's is more difficult to avoid and has higher potential for ambush, Reaper is infinitely more adequate at setting his up for a multikill, and Hanzo's is more effective for clearing a point since it can't be blocked by Reinhardt, Zarya, or Winston.

I mean, there is nothing wrong with enjoying D.Va. She is tons of fun, and with proper buffs can definitely make a place for herself in higher level play, but the adage of "x is only weak because you aren't skilled enough" very rarely is actually true.

D.Va is pretty generally accepted as the weakest character in the game due to her nearly nonexistent DPS, headshot hitbox the size of America's debt, and lack of mobility while attacking. Pretty much everything she does is done better by Winston.Except bad ones do exist? As a matter of fact D.Va's is quite weak compared to similar ultimates. Junkrat's is more difficult to avoid and has higher potential for ambush, Reaper is infinitely more adequate at setting his up for a multikill, and Hanzo's is more effective for clearing a point since it can't be blocked by Reinhardt, Zarya, or Winston.

I mean, there is nothing wrong with enjoying D.Va. She is tons of fun, and with proper buffs can definitely make a place for herself in higher level play, but the adage of "x is only weak because you aren't skilled enough" very rarely is actually true.

....I was being sarcastic.....

...Hanzo's Ult isn't bad, because 9 times out of 10 it's used to win the game. And it's more of a prominent thing depending on the map.

psssst.  you might wanna re-read the post you quoted.  That's literally what he said

Wait how?

That would give 76 and effective 300 health, and widowmaker's gun can do a total of 300 damage per max charge headshot, but Armor reduces that damage by a flat 5, so she would actually do 295 at MAX charge, leaving the Soldier with 5 HP.

Am I missing something?

EDIT:  Oh sheet I just found out: You don't get the Armor reduction if the shields take the damage source.  Since Widow is dealing exactly 300 health to symmetra's shield and not the armor, the reduction bonus never kicks in.  That's actually very useful.

Wait how?

That would give 76 and effective 300 health, and widowmaker's gun can do a total of 300 damage per max charge headshot, but Armor reduces that damage by a flat 5, so she would actually do 295 at MAX charge, leaving the Soldier with 5 HP.

Am I missing something?

EDIT:  Oh sheet I just found out: You don't get the Armor reduction if the shields take the damage source.  Since Widow is dealing exactly 300 health to symmetra's shield and not the armor, the reduction bonus never kicks in.  That's actually very useful.

Yea, I had went and looked that up after posting it.

It's... Kinda' bullshit that you can die while@300 HP like that.

I would love to play Widowmaker or Hanzo but i'm poopy at aiming.

>Implying you actually need to aim with them

Dude, the hitboxes for headshots is idiotic; you can shoot someone in the shoulder and it counts as a headshot.

Srsly.

the hitboxes for headshots is idiotic; you can shoot someone in the shoulder and it counts as a headshot.Srsly.

Fun fact: arrows actually have a much larger hitbox than, not only most other projectiles, but the arrows themselves. Also those hitboxes prioritize headshots over non-headshots. Meaning if you so much as graze the head hurtbox with that arrow hitbox, it will register a headshot, rather than use the majority rule for overlapping hurtboxes.

Fun fact: arrows actually have a much larger hitbox than, not only most other projectiles, but the arrows themselves. Also those hitboxes prioritize headshots over non-headshots. Meaning if you so much as graze the head hurtbox with that arrow hitbox, it will register a headshot, rather than use the majority rule for overlapping hurtboxes.

YE9wXK.gif

Little tidbit I picked up from playing 76. Your crosshairs only get bigger if you hold down fire for more than 4 rounds. However tapping fire or firing in 3 to 4 round bursts then releasing and firing again makes it so your crosshairs keep their default size. You keep the same dps as if you held down fire but your accuracy is better. Naturally, don't do it during ult.

The arrows use the exact same projectile hitboxes as every other projectile in the game that can headshot.

Yes, but the size relative to the shape of the arrow is much larger. As in the hitbox extends beyond the arrows model.

Can someone explain how the game works for me?

What Kitty said. It's basically TF2 but much more polished and has more of a variety without the need for open-source. There are about 20 characters, 5 for each class (Offense, Defense, Tank, Support) each with their own play-style suited to the player and they're all memorable and lovable. That, plus each character has their own set of abilities including ultimate abilities that charge up gradually over time or quickly with a good kill streak. Each character plays an essential role in their team in their own way and adds their own charm to the battle as well as the game itself.

If you're hesitant to buy it, I say just do it. I was skeptical at first but I decided to do it anyway and now I can't get enough.

Archived