Overwatch

Mr. Hyde

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Ana comes out obviously.

So you mean today

Ok but the overall changes to all the heroes are great. As a D.Va lover her changes are a divine blessing.

McCree's buff is ludicrous. I think he needs to be toned down a bit again. Zenyatta could probably go down to 125 shields instead of 150. Other than that I think everything was pretty good

already pretty sick of ana on day one on console. every game has at least five of them and none of them know how to heal teammates.

lol.  I just want the game.  You should be grateful you even have it.  Maybe, you should teach people how it's done or something.  lol

lol.  I just want the game.  You should be grateful you even have it.  Maybe, you should teach people how it's done or something.  lol

Then you have 6 anas and there is still no chance of it winning.

Yea I wanna main her, but she is so popular right now so I'm just waiting 

Just go McCree. McCree is busted. Let's go over his balance patches:

Closed Beta: McCree has no damage falloff whatsoever and is melting enemies at both long and close range. Blizzard doesn't want him to be a sniper.

Nerf: they give him a HEAVY damage falloff. Granted, mccree's inherent, ludicrous damage still makes him decent at long range, but your not gonna do much except chip kill.

Open Beta and early launch: McCree is still performing well in the roll Bliz wants him to play: being very powerful vs flankers and light classes, since it only takes a shot or two or a right click to end them. However, all he has to do is walk up and press right click to end your existence, no matter what class you are. Still way too powerful.

Nerf: reduce his right click damage by nearly 40%, to the point where it's almost not worth using since it can't headshot.

Post nerf: McCree does fairly well against flankers, though his job is much harder since you need to land many more right click shots or just have godly aim to combat their mobility. McCree can still feasibly take out some tanks solo, but that's assuming you use all your abilities and land every shot. However, thanks to the widow nerf, Pharah is dominating everything. It's insanely hard to reliably kill her before she kills you now, since it takes 3 widow shots rather than 2 to bring her down. Soldier is a decent counter, but that's assuming you abuse the spread reset when you burst fire for perfect accuracy. This is something bliz wants to patch, so SOMEBODY has to be buffed to combat Pharah.

Buff: they pick McCree. His damage falloff now doesn't kick in until extreme distances. Nothing else in his kit is touched.

But wait, what was his first nerf again? Oh yeah: Bliz doesn't want him to be a sniper. But McCree's range is so stupid now that he can get 1 headshot + a body and kill pretty much every min-tank in the game at pretty much every feasible range. So that's fine, they can be hypocrites so long as they completely convert McCree to his new roll. Oh wait, he STILL can melt faces at close range thanks to right click and flashbang. So he dominates at long and mid range so long as you can reliably click on faces with about 50-60% accuracy, and you can't do much to him up close without being shredded unless you overwhelm him, but if he's close enough for your to do that then he's being bad since he can sit in the back and snipe.

Wtf Bliz make up your god damn mind.

Ana is great, sadly there's the day one syndrome where everybody that has no idea how to play a support picks her and it never ends well. Honestly after playing all of today mainly with her (and D.Va) i can say that i really like her, she has a solid toolkit and even though i can't pull off the constant extreme healing i can with Mercy (she's still ultra bae i will continue to play her, my precious little support THAT NOBODY EVER PROTECTS WHEN I PLAY HER WHEN I'M CHASED BY THE ENTIRE ENEMY TEAM) but she has some very cool utility especially interrupting ults. Also, she is a sassy grandma and one of her voice lines is "Children, behave!" (which i also want for Mercy) so she's everything i ever wanted.

Just hit level 25, so I'm able to hit up ye olde competitive mode.

My Battlenet is DVDPlayer#1532. My mains are as follows, from best to worst in each category:

Offense:

- Soldier 76

- Tracer

- Pharah

Defense:

- Bastion (overall main)

- Mei

- Hanzo

Tank:

- D.Va (don't play tank very often at all)

Support:

- Ana

My battletag has changed due to me mememing my friend's comp group one night: Progenitals#11555

Recently picked up McCree.  I honestly prefer him as a long range offensive class.  I think he should have flashbang tweaked to be nearly useless at close range, meaning his only way to deal with mobile classes would be either spray and pray with right click or get a couple aimbot lucky shots.

Also, a really good way to practice headshots I've found is to cue up a custom game.  Fill the entire enemy team with Ana of whatever difficulty, hard is the best for really tightening that aim.  Then in the game settings, turn Headshot damage multiplier to 200%, set ability cooldowns to 0%, set the mode type to Skirmish, and turn on the "Headshots Only" option.  Ana cannot headshot, which means when you load in to the game you will have 30 minutes of just 6 Ana's strafing around you while they cannot kill or hurt you.  If you pick McCree, your headshots will kill them in one hit, so it's extremely useful to practice hitting moving targets from varying ranges.  Get as many elims as you can before the 30 minutes are up to check your progress.  After about 10 minutes, I was hitting them at mid range fairly easily when they stood still, and after 20 minutes I was getting much better at tracking their movement.

My battletag has changed due to me mememing my friend's comp group one night: Progenitals#11555

Recently picked up McCree.  I honestly prefer him as a long range offensive class.  I think he should have flashbang tweaked to be nearly useless at close range, meaning his only way to deal with mobile classes would be either spray and pray with right click or get a couple aimbot lucky shots.

Also, a really good way to practice headshots I've found is to cue up a custom game.  Fill the entire enemy team with Ana of whatever difficulty, hard is the best for really tightening that aim.  Then in the game settings, turn Headshot damage multiplier to 200%, set ability cooldowns to 0%, set the mode type to Skirmish, and turn on the "Headshots Only" option.  Ana cannot headshot, which means when you load in to the game you will have 30 minutes of just 6 Ana's strafing around you while they cannot kill or hurt you.  If you pick McCree, your headshots will kill them in one hit, so it's extremely useful to practice hitting moving targets from varying ranges.  Get as many elims as you can before the 30 minutes are up to check your progress.  After about 10 minutes, I was hitting them at mid range fairly easily when they stood still, and after 20 minutes I was getting much better at tracking their movement.

Sounds like a place where I can 1v1 against a high-difficulty Genji to up my match-up game with Bastion. Getting better against Genji's, but I must take it to the next level!!!

Honestly i found out the character i hate the most in the game. Junkrat. It annoys me that he does so much damage without even trying (you can literally shoot blindly and get at least a kill). Maybe i'm just very salty (probably).

Fun-Fact: Given Junkrat's hunched position, and Overwatch's hilariously wonky hitboxes, basically every shot on him is a headshot.

>McCree

>Underrated

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/4ujgva/hero_pick_rates_from_weekends_tournaments/

U wot m8.

But the patch has dropped and now he's not longer widowmaker.  Huzzah!  He's still effective at mid range and can deal with flankers fairly well!  Bliz you didn't screw up!

Also Ana doesn't really perform better with her buff, but one thing it totally does do is make her gameplay so freakin SMOOTH.  I love it.  I still think she needs another 20% on her heal, but the fire rate does help cover that SLIGHTLY.  In the time it took her to fire 4 shots before, now she can fire 5.  until she DOES fire 5 though, you wont see any difference.  The sleep change is bonkers though.  Now you can actually attack your target if need be and kill them without them waking up in one frame

Archived