Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

can you use level down on Phantom Of Chaos if it is a clone of Armed Dragon LV10?

I forget the exact text of Level Down. >_>

what words are Semi-Nomi and Nomi abbreviations for?

They're not abbreviations for anything, if I recall correctly; they're the actual terms used to refer to those categories of monsters in Japan.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can you use level down on Phantom Of Chaos if it is a clone of Armed Dragon LV10?

I forget the exact text of Level Down. >_>

Select 1 face-up "LV" monster on the field to activate this card. Return the selected card to its owner's Deck and Special Summon 1 monster from the owner's Graveyard to their side of the field with the same name but lower "LV" (ignoring the Summoning conditions).

You can use "Level Down!?" on a "Neo-Spacian Dark Panther" that is copying a LV monster. But since it is no longer copying the LV monster after it has been returned to the Deck' date=' no monster will be Special Summoned.

[/quote']

So No, You cannot use Level Down on PoC

Question on Chain Strike: it reads that it cannot be activated if multiple cards with the same name are in that Chain.

Now, imagine I chain Fire Trooper to Just Desserts to a Chain Strike. Can I activate a 2nd Chain Strike? Because prior to the second's activation, all cards have different names - the only time where there will be 2 cards with the same name is after the activation of the second Chain Strike.

Or is this thoroughly illegal and I'm interpreting everything wrong?

Well technically you can' date=' But for all that why not use Monster Recovery?

[/quote']

Because it's a bad card?

So you would activate cards to gain nothing from it? Thats kinda dumb.

Question on Chain Strike: it reads that it cannot be activated if multiple cards with the same name are in that Chain.

Now' date=' imagine I chain Fire Trooper to Just Desserts to a Chain Strike. Can I activate a 2nd Chain Strike? Because prior to the second's activation, all cards have different names - the only time where there will be 2 cards with the same name is [i']after[/i] the activation of the second Chain Strike.

Or is this thoroughly illegal and I'm interpreting everything wrong?

They ruled it that you CAN activate 2 chain strikes in the same chain, however I think its contradicting to the card text.

You can activate a second "Chain Strike" if 1 "Chain Strike" is already on that chain. However' date=' no further "Chain Strikes" can be activated in that same chain after that.

[/quote']

Only if you were the original owner. When mark is destroyed' date=' the card goes to it's owner.

[/quote']

Ok, let's say the card was Monster Reborn'ed.

Does it go to the player who activated Monster Reborn, or does it go to the player who owns the actual card?

Only if you were the original owner. When mark is destroyed' date=' the card goes to it's owner.

[/quote']

Ok, let's say the card was Monster Reborn'ed.

Does it go to the player who activated Monster Reborn, or does it go to the player who owns the actual card?

Okay, let me rephrase. It doesn't go to the owner, it goes to whoever controlled it before mark was played.

If you have a DARK card in your hand when you activate Allure of Darkness, can you choos to not remove it from play and discard your hand instead?

Also, if Emperor's Iron Wall was on the field, and you use Allure of darkness, could you remove from lay the DARK card in your hand, but it would go to the grave yard instead?

When a stat boosting monster (like morphatronic radion) is flipped face up in battle, does it get its stats boosted before damage calculation?

I was in a local sealed tournament today. I built a morphatronic deck since that was the best I got from my boosters. I was knocked out in the second round because my opponent insisted that my monster's effect didn't work. I thought flipped monsters got their boosts from card effects right away. Does anyone else know who's right here?

Archived