Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What can you chain to Royal Decree?

What can you chain to Cold Wave?

Royal Decree only negates effects in the same chain that have lower Chain Link numbers than itself. So if I activate Dust Tornado and you chain Royal Decree to negate it, I am free to chain another Dust Tornado to your Royal Decree, and the second Dust will not be negated (and since Decree will be destroyed, it won't be around to negate the first one, so the first one won't be negated either).

You can chain pretty much anything to Cold Wave that you could chain to any other Normal Spell you care to name.

Okay' date=' thanks.

How about "Question"?

How do you rule on a card that involves something out-of-game?

Can you use nicknames?

What if the person has a Speech Impediment?

[/quote']

You mean in terms of a card such as Mind Crush, where an opponent has to declare a card name... I dunno. Though I did use that concept in a fanfic. Girl was running Exodia deck against silent antagonist. Antagonist flips Mind Crush, but is silent. Exodia Girl wins.

... I'm really just rambling here now. But I think you have to declare the full name of the card. You can't say "MST" or "DAD" to hit Mystical Space Typhoon or Dark Armed Dragon.

Okay' date=' thanks.

How about "Question"?

Can you use nicknames?

[/quote']

You mean in terms of a card such as Mind Crush, where an opponent has to declare a card name... I dunno. Though I did use that concept in a fanfic. Girl was running Exodia deck against silent antagonist. Antagonist flips Mind Crush, but is silent. Exodia Girl wins.

... I'm really just rambling here now. But I think you have to declare the full name of the card. You can't say "MST" or "DAD" to hit Mystical Space Typhoon or Dark Armed Dragon.

Why would a silent person even run Mind Crush? o_O

Okay' date=' thanks.

How about "Question"?

Can you use nicknames?

[/quote']

Pen and Paper do exist you know

>_<

Okay' date=' thanks.

How about "Question"?

Can you use nicknames?

[/quote']

"I activate a spell that allows our monsters to trade places, which would be completely useless in any other situation." - Yami (Abridged Series. Episode 13)

Curtis answered this awhile ago. (I went looking for the article, but couldn't find it)

Exaple:

Player A plays mind crush, calling "Zaborg"

Player B showes Player A his hand, showing that he has it. Player B says "I do not have Zaborg in my hand, though I do have a 'Zabog the Thunder Monarch'"

In this case, player A would still be allowed to discard the monarch, because there are no other cards call Zaborg, and is a very common short trem for the full name.

I personally saw this happen at a regional, and that was how it was ruled.

In your situation, if you called "Dad", then it should go through... however, it should be taken to the judge if the other play is in dissagreement. I would personally look at the deck, and if it seemed like a Dark Armed Dragon deck, then I would say that it was a valid target.

Though (just as refrence) let's see this Example:

Player A plays mind crush, calling "Monarch"

Player B Shows his/her hand, and showes that they have Riza, and Zaborg. However, since they are both "Monarch" cards, play B would NOT discard any cards.

If you call a "type" of moster like "Monarch" or "Lightsworn", then it dosn't work unless there is a card called "monarch" or "Lightsworn". In wich case you would discard it.

Taken from- http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/community/forums/thread/1189265.aspx

From what I was told, monsters that include "except" in their name with a Special Summon condition (unless the requirements were properly met during the summon), cannot be returned from the Graveyard directly to the field by Monster Reborn. Is this correct?

Ex: Player A: Special Summons The Dark Creator. Special Summon requirements met.

Player B: Destroys it via Mirror Force.

Player A: Activates Monster Reborn to return The Dark Creator.

From what I was told' date=' monsters that include "except" in their name with a Special Summon condition (unless the requirements were properly met during the summon), cannot be returned from the Graveyard directly to the field by Monster Reborn. Is this correct?

Ex: Player A: Special Summons The Dark Creator. Special Summon requirements met.

[/quote']

Monsters that say "This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned by blablalbalb" Can be reborned by conventional means after being properly special summoned. I believe they're called "Semi-Nomi." Examples are "The Dark Creator" and "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning"

Monsters that say "This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card cannot be special summoned except by blblablablaba cannot be brought back using cards like monster reborn or anything of the sort. These cards are called "Nomi" monsters. Examples include "Dark Armed Dragon" and "Judgment Dragon"

From what I was told' date=' monsters that include "except" in their name with a Special Summon condition (unless the requirements were properly met during the summon), cannot be returned from the Graveyard directly to the field by Monster Reborn. Is this correct?

[/quote']

Monsters that say "This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned by blablalbalb" Can be reborned by conventional means after being properly special summoned. I believe they're called "Semi-Nomi." Examples are "The Dark Creator" and "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning"

Monsters that say "This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card cannot be special summoned except by blblablablaba cannot be brought back using cards like monster reborn or anything of the sort. These cards are called "Nomi" monsters. Examples include "Dark Armed Dragon" and "Judgment Dragon"

Thankies. :D Rep+

Can Elemental Hero Neos or Elemental Hero Neos Alius be treated as both the required "Hero" and "Neos" monster for the Fusion Summon of Elemental Hero Divine Neos?

When Elemental Hero Prisma's name is treated as another monster, is its name treated as Elemental Hero Prisma and the monster it's name is treated as?

can i chain cloak and dagger to a summon?

This card must be face-up and active on the field before the declared monster is Summoned or flipped face-up. If you Chain this card’s activation to the effect of a monster that activates when that monster is Summoned or flipped face-up and declare that monster’s name' date=' it will not be removed from play.

[/quote']

can i chain cloak and dagger to a summon?

No.

You can, however, RESPOND to the summon with Cloak and Dagger.

And in that case, the monster won't be removed from play because it had to be face-up already.

You could chain it to Monster Reborn and other cards that summon another monster themselves, but you can't chain to someone declaring a Synchro/Fusion Summon so it's not easy to use.

Archived