Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can Koa'ki Meiru Guardian negate Honest?

If "Kuriboh's" effect is activated to negate the Battle Damage from "Doomcaliber Knight"' date=' "Doomcaliber Knight" is Tributed to negate "Kuriboh's" effect. Damage has already been calculated, so if "Doomcaliber Knight" was attacking a monster with equal or lower ATK that monster will be destroyed, and Battle Damage will be inflicted as normal.

[/quote']

The relevance, they Kuriboh is to Honest (IE activating in the damage Step) , as DCK is to Genzo

... OR... to be a simple Simon,

Doomcaliber Knight's" effect can activate during the the Damage Step

Not the summoning from the hand' date=' just the going over the Lv part

[/quote']

then all you have to do to summon them is run any level tuner and any level non-tuner, as long as they equal greater than the monster's level. this fact is the only reason why ritual monsters are "easier" to summon.

easier is in context here, it just means I can use any monsters, not specifically this pair.

If "Kuriboh's" effect is activated to negate the Battle Damage from "Doomcaliber Knight"' date=' "Doomcaliber Knight" is Tributed to negate "Kuriboh's" effect. Damage has already been calculated, so if "Doomcaliber Knight" was attacking a monster with equal or lower ATK that monster will be destroyed, and Battle Damage will be inflicted as normal.

[/quote']

The relevance, they Kuriboh is to Honest (IE activating in the damage Step) , as DCK is to Genzo

Yes but Doomcaliber is mandatory whereas Guardian is optional so I was worried they may have different timings.

[/quote']

Yes but Doomcaliber is mandatory whereas Guardian is optional so I was worried they may have different timings.

You are correct about DCK being mandatory, but the effect is exactly the same. They would be ruled the same.

If i discard sillva/goldd for karma cut' date=' lightning vortex, or tribute to the doomed can i special summon the discarded monster then?

[/quote']

The effects of Karma Cut, Lightning Vortex and Tribute to the Doomed of discarding a card is a cost.

So no, the effects of Sillva and Goldd will not trigger and do not Special Summon themself.

Will 2 Command Knights cause an attack lock or will it work like Umi with The Legendary Fisherman on the field? And if it does' date=' why?

[/quote']

It's not exactly worded like The Legendary Fisherman. Fisherman prevents the opponent from attacking him, while Command Knight prevents the opponent from declaring an attack against him.

The rulings are a bit vague about this, but this is what I've found:

If you control 2 face-up "Command Knights"' date=' and no other monsters, and 1 of them is equipped with "Ring of Magnetism", [u']your opponent cannot attack because the 2 "Command Knights" are preventing an attack from being declared[/u]. "Ring of Magnetism"’s effect forcefully leads the attack to the equipped monster only when the opponent declares an attack, which is impossible for your opponent to do.

Forget about the Ring of Magnetism part, it says there that 2 Command Knights are preventing an attack from being declared. Not from being declared against the Command Knights, being declared against them, sentence.

Hope that helps.

Are there any languages for Yu-Gi-Oh! cards that can't be used in tournaments? Are Korean cards legal (I've found many cheap Korean cards that would cost 4x the price if they were in English on eBay...)?

IIRC, you need at least one English one, and the rest can be of any language.

However, things might change now.

TCG cards are allowed in tourneys. That's English, French, Spanish, German, anything that uses the same letters as English, pretty much.

OCG cards are not allowed. Those are Chinese, Japanese, Korean, stuff like that. I'm sure the Yugioh wiki has a complete list, just type TCG and OCG.

(1) What 'stealing' cards allow you to change the position? Enemy Controller? Change of Heart? Creature Swap? etc.

(2) If I take a Neos Fusion effect with Divine Neos' date=' does he return to the Extra Deck at the end of the turn?

[/quote']

1) Brain Control, Change of Heart, Mind Control, I think all of them but Creature Swap and maybe a few lesser known ones.

2) You choose the order in which the effects resolve, I believe. So you can choose for Divine Neos's copy to wear off before he'd return to the extra deck.

Activate only if you control a face-up "Blackwing" monster. Destroy all Set Spell and Trap Cards on your opponent's side of the field. You can activate this card from your hand if you control 3 or more face-up "Blackwing" monsters.

If I control 3+ Black Feathers, can I activate this card from my hand during my opponent's turn?

Will Fusion Guard send a Synchro from your extra deck to the grave' date=' or only fusion monsters?

[/quote']

Activate only when an effect that inflicts damage is activated. Negate its activation and effect' date=' and randomly send 1 Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck to the Graveyard.[/quote']

Fusion Monster =/= Synchro Monster.

I would believe so. The wordings are similar, but not quite the same.

Monsters on your opponent's side of the field cannot select this card as an attack target.

Your opponent cannot select a Plant-Type monster as an attack target.

It doesn't create a lock because it doesn't force an attack onto something else Like Marauding captain does.

Archived