Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

If I have Black Garden' date=' King Tiger Wanghu and By Order of the Emperor face-up on the field when I summon a monster with less than 2800 ATK, what happens? I know BOotE can be chained to Tiger, but I don't know if Black Garden Special Summoning a token causes Tiger to miss the timing or something like that

[/quote']

Tiger can't miss the timing it's a mandatory effect.

However, King Tiger CANNOT kill something that was halved by BG because by the time it's been halved it's considered to have completed it's summon so Tiger doesn't activate.

Proirity pls.

Is piercing a continuous effect or does it "activate" in a moment?

Continuous.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so you call priority. Meaning you decide which is chain link one. So, there are two possible options:

1. Priority on King tiger. Can't work because his activation requirement isn't met until AFTER BG has activated and resolved, and thus he could never be chain link one.

2. Priority on BG. Meaning King Tiger is chain link two and resolves first. As in, before the attack is halved, and thus it CANNOT resolve.

I have a Morphtronic with Morphtronic Coil Equipped. I proceed to discard 2 Gadget Drivers from my hand. How many times does coil activate?

I have no idea what a Morphtronic Coil is. Sorry.

In what situations do replays happen (battle position change' date=' increased attack/defense points, etc. I was thinking neither of those I listed, but...)?[/quote']

Only when the number of monsters that the defending player controls changes.

If a face-down Morphtronic is attacked while I have Morphtronic Boarden out' date=' does it get destroyed in battle, or does it survive due to the fact that it flips face-up before damage is dealt?

[/quote']

While in Defense Position: Other "Morphtronic" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle.

Thanks. Now i know Spear Dragon can work with Fog King. That will be my new deck instead of my montage wetlands.

Question: why would Fog King NOT work if Spear Dragon's effect would activate instead of being continuous?

I have a Morphtronic with Morphtronic Coil Equipped. I proceed to discard 2 Gadget Drivers from my hand. How many times does coil activate?

In what situations do replays happen (battle position change' date=' increased attack/defense points, etc. I was thinking neither of those I listed, but...)?[/quote']

If a face-down Morphtronic is attacked while I have Morphtronic Boarden out' date=' does it get destroyed in battle, or does it survive due to the fact that it flips face-up before damage is dealt?

[/quote']

While in Defense Position: Other "Morphtronic" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle.

If you reread what I said, it wasn't Boarden that got attacked in the scenario...

Oops, I meant Morphtronic Cord. Essentally a free MST when the battle position of the equipped monster changes.

[/quote']

If you reread what I said' date=' it wasn't Boarden that got attacked in the scenario...[/quote']

Oh, I see.

I think it'll survive the battle because it simply states that other "Morphtronic" monsters will do so, while face-down "Morphtronic" monsters are still "Morphtronic" monsters.

Oops' date=' I meant Morphtronic Cord. Essentally a free MST when the battle position of the equipped monster changes.

[/quote']

Oh, I see.

Twice.

Can I solemn Stardust Dragon and it's Assault Mode when it revives during the End Phase?

"Solemn Judgment" cannot negate a Special Summon if it results from the activated effect of a monster card' date=' like "Mystic Tomato", "Light and Darkness Dragon", "Van'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon Lord", "Marauding Captain", "Lonefire Blossom", etc.[/quote']

Stardust Dragon reviving itself would be one of those.

Can I solemn Stardust Dragon and it's Assault Mode when it revives during the End Phase?

I don't see why not.

I do.

If I summon des frog and my opponent solemn's it and I still have 2 tadpoles in the grave' date=' can I still sumon two more des frogs?

[/quote']

The summon was unsuccessful, so no effects can activate that can only activate when something is summoned, which means that Des Frog cannot activate his effect in this case.

I don't see why not.

I do.

The funny thing is, if it could happen, wouldnt it just revive itself again during the same End Phase?

I don't see why not.

I do.

The funny thing is' date=' if it could happen, wouldnt it just revive itself again during the same End Phase?

[/quote']

If you were to negate the summon with Royal Oppression, the opponent can indeed revive it again. It's the Oppression/Treeborn situation.

Can Stardust negate 'Limiter Removal'' date=' since it technically destroys a card(s) on the field, just not immediately?

[/quote']

I believe this is the best question that I've ever seen being asked, and I'm proud to be answering it.

Well, Limiter Removal's effect that destroys the monsters doesn't resolve when the card is activated, which makes it a lingering effect. So let's take a look at Stardust Dragon vs. another lingering effect.

If "Crush Card Virus" is activated and there is a face-up monster on the field that will be destroyed' date=' "Stardust Dragon's" effect can be chained.[/quote']

This ruling isn't quite clarifying about whether you can or can't activate Stardust's effect when there is no face-up monster on the field that will be destroyed, but I think that we can assume that you can't, like in the OCG.

An example of such a situation would be if Stardust Dragon would be player A's only face-up monster and is effected by Shrink at the time that player B activates Crush Card Virus.

Limiter Removal never destroys a card when it's activated, which means we always have a situation similar to the one stated above, in which case Stardust Dragon wouldn't be able to activate.

So no, you wouldn't be able to activate Stardust Dragon's effect against Limiter Removal.

So I just went to a store today, so I could buy a 5D Starter deck to gain Gaia Knight (don't ask)

When home, I unpacked the cards from the pack and to my horror, all the foil cards have blue prints on them:

[spoiler=The cards]

IMG000002.jpg

[spoiler=Close-up and clearer, in case you don't see it well in the first picture]

IMG000003.jpg

The good thing about this is that the backs of the cards are perfectly fine.

Now, my question is, can I use them in offical tournaments? If not, I feel ripped-offed and want my money back.

Archived