Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

I remembered hearing that when Apprentice summons Night's End Sorcerer' date=' he removes 2 cards in your opponent's graveyard when he's flipped face-up. That sounds weird. How does apprentice work with Night's End?

[/quote']

You heard wrong. Ruling: "Night's End Sorcerer's" effect cannot be activated when it is Special Summoned face-down (with "The Shallow Grave", etc.).

That's what I figured.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can stardust negate effects that activate of cards that leave the field before resolving? (Newdoria' date=' Exiled, Stardust, etc...)

[/quote']

Yes.

So, every Stardust Dragon has the power to destroy their own kind! OMG! They'll destroy each other until they extinct their own species!

Do i need to tribute 3 monsters to set obelisk?

Can stardust negate effects that activate of cards that leave the field before resolving? (Newdoria' date=' Exiled, Stardust, etc...)

[/quote']

Yes.

So, every Stardust Dragon has the power to destroy their own kind! OMG! They'll destroy each other until they extinct their own species!

Do i need to tribute 3 monsters to set obelisk?

yes

No.

Stardust/Assault vs. End Phase effects.

Okay, so let's say it's my opponent's turn, and my Stardust /assault's in the graveyard, and he's got some lightsworns. Does he come back in time to negate the milling effects? If he does, does he return before the next LS and pretty much kill them all? Or do they mill and then he comes back?

No.

Okay' date=' so let's say it's my opponent's turn, and my Stardust /assault's in the graveyard, and he's got some lightsworns. Does he come back in time to negate the milling effects? If he does, does he return before the next LS and pretty much kill them all? Or do they mill and then he comes back?

[/quote']

I think the opponent would have priority to declare that his cards' effects activate first. But if your opponent would allow Stardust an earlier slot in the chain for some godforsaken reason, then I think he would come back during the same endphase.

Okay' date=' so let's say it's my opponent's turn, and my Stardust /assault's in the graveyard, and he's got some lightsworns. Does he come back in time to negate the milling effects? If he does, does he return before the next LS and pretty much kill them all? Or do they mill and then he comes back?

[/quote']

I think that the answer is either of those:

• Your opponent has priority so he selects one of his LLs and that card becomes Chain Link 1 to which your Stardust Buster is chained, reviving himself. He cannot negate this LL because his effect has already activated, but the very next effect that activates this turn, or even Spell/Trap, can be negated which would put you back in the previous position.
  • Your opponent has priority so he decides the order of all effects that activate in this End Phase and he can place Stardust Buster at the end, making it impossible to negate any activation.

In other words, I'm not sure what priority exactly could do. Your opponent deciding the complete order sounds more logical to me than him being able to negate half of the effects, but I'm not that experienced when it comes to End Phases. All I know that not all cards are chained to each other. This I have learned from Crab Helmet.

Amber Mamooth vs Raregold Armor vs Stauch Defender.

What happens there?

If you have a monster equipped with Raregold and activate Staunch selecting another monster, I'm gonna have to say it works like the Maruding attack lock, until Staunch's effect ends.

[/quote']

• Your opponent has priority so he selects one of his LLs and that card becomes Chain Link 1 to which your Stardust Buster is chained, reviving himself. He cannot negate this LL because his effect has already activated, but the very next effect that activates this turn, or even Spell/Trap, can be negated which would put you back in the previous position.
  • Your opponent has priority so he decides the order of all effects that activate in this End Phase and he can place Stardust Buster at the end, making it impossible to negate any activation.

In other words, I'm not sure what priority exactly could do. Your opponent deciding the complete order sounds more logical to me than him being able to negate half of the effects, but I'm not that experienced when it comes to End Phases. All I know that not all cards are chained to each other. This I have learned from Crab Helmet.

I don't believe LS monsters form chains because of garoth. Reason being, he can't interrupt chains. In this example, 2 Lumina 1 garoth. IF the LS monsters formed a chain, than Garoth should miss timing, but we know it can't.

I agree with the first comment. 1 LS at a time will activate, than after turn priority and the chain resolves, Any other LS monsters can be negated.

[/quote']

I don't believe LS monsters form chains because of garoth. Reason being, he can't interrupt chains. In this example, 2 Lumina 1 garoth. IF the LS monsters formed a chain, than Garoth should miss timing, but we know it can't.

I agree with the first comment. 1 LS at a time will activate, than after turn priority and the chain resolves, Any other LS monsters can be negated.

The first one wouldn't result in any other LL being negated, but the first wouldn't be negated, the second would, the third wouldn't, etc.

If i chain a virus card to the summon of archfiend general' date=' can i use it as the tribute before it is destroyed by it's own effect?

[/quote']

If there is no face-up "Kozaky" on the field' date=' destroy this card. If this face-up card is destroyed, inflict damage equal to the original ATK of this card to its current controller.[/quote']

The first part of “Giant Kozaky” is a Continuous Effect that does not start a chain. The second part is a Trigger Effect that can be chained to.

They're worded quite the same way, which means that Archfiend General's self-destroying effect would also be a Continuous Effect, which means that it applies immediately when it is summoned successfully, which means that Spell Speed 2 effects have no chance to respond before the effect is applied, which means that none of the current Virus cards can respond to the summon of Archfiend General by tributing the very same card if there is no face-up Pandemonium on the field.

If I have Black Garden, King Tiger Wanghu and By Order of the Emperor face-up on the field when I summon a monster with less than 2800 ATK, what happens? I know BOotE can be chained to Tiger, but I don't know if Black Garden Special Summoning a token causes Tiger to miss the timing or something like that

I have a Morphtronic with Morphtronic Coil Equipped. I proceed to discard 2 Gadget Drivers from my hand. How many times does coil activate?

In what situations do replays happen (battle position change, increased attack/defense points, etc. I was thinking neither of those I listed, but...)?

If a face-down Morphtronic is attacked while I have Morphtronic Boarden out, does it get destroyed in battle, or does it survive due to the fact that it flips face-up before damage is dealt?

If I have Black Garden' date=' King Tiger Wanghu and By Order of the Emperor face-up on the field when I summon a monster with less than 2800 ATK, what happens? I know BOotE can be chained to Tiger, but I don't know if Black Garden Special Summoning a token causes Tiger to miss the timing or something like that

[/quote']

Tiger can't miss the timing it's a mandatory effect.

However, King Tiger CANNOT kill something that was halved by BG because by the time it's been halved it's considered to have completed it's summon so Tiger doesn't activate.

Archived