Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

Learn about cards that say things like "You can only use 'X' once per turn". There are oodles of them.

A question about Dark World Grimoire. If I control it and Super-Ancient Dinobeast, discard a Dinosaur for hand size limit, then revive it with Grimoire, can I use Dinobeast's effect to draw again, discarding another Dinosaur for hand size limit, etc. until I control 5 monsters?

Yes, if you can trigger an effect at that point, it will return to the discard for hand size limit, then you can activate it again.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to confirm I was right here, since Scrap Shark's ruling says it doesn't start a chain when killed by its effect that means it won't trigger LaDD, considering there's no chain for it to play off of? Because in a ranked duel someone tried to lower down my LaDD by playing one effect and having Shark kill itself... but not. I didn't feel like waiting for a judge so I just left the game.

Just to confirm I was right here, since Scrap Shark's ruling says it doesn't start a chain when killed by its effect that means it won't trigger LaDD, considering there's no chain for it to play off of? Because in a ranked duel someone tried to lower down my LaDD by playing one effect and having Shark kill itself... but not. I didn't feel like waiting for a judge so I just left the game.

Shark is continuous. It won't trigger LaDD when it tries to destroy itself.

what are the rulings for suppy + scrap cards such as

if I lets say have supply unit, scrap factory and I ss Orthoros to destroy itself

and i havent drawen a card yet, will factory and or orthroros miss timings to use their effects etc?

No. They have the same timing of when a (Scrap) monster is destroyed by a card effect. They will activate on a chain.

Supply is mandatory. It will be Chain Link 1.

Factory and Orthros are optional, and Orthros is an "If" and won't miss the timing anyway. You may activate either of them as Link 2 and 3.

What happens to Jackpot 7 if you give it away via Exchange and then your opponent activates it?

Im curious as to how this scenario came up.

Regardless it (Jackpot 7) would return to its owner's deck, as it says "the Deck", which is generally accepted to mean its original one.

Im curious as to how this scenario came up.

Regardless it (Jackpot 7) would return to its owner's deck, as it says "the Deck", which is generally accepted to mean its original one.

It didn't really happen in a duel, it was just me thinking up ideas when the question popped up, with the possibility of a card could ever be shuffled into the other player's deck...  

It didn't really happen in a duel, it was just me thinking up ideas when the question popped up, with the possibility of a card could ever be shuffled into the other player's deck...  

Im pretty sure there are circumstances when your opponents card could be in your deck or vice versa, this just isnt one of them.

I Normal Summon Scrap Chimera, activating its effect. My opponent chains Vanity's Emptiness. I respond with Mystical Space Typhoon, targeting another opponent's Set card. What happens to Emptiness, and can I resolve Chimera's effect?

Chain link 1: Scrap Chimera

Chain link 2: Vanity's Emptiness

Chain link 3: Mystical Space Typhoon

MST resolves and destroys the opponent's other Set card. Vanity's resolves and applies its effect to the field. Chimera resolves without effect.

Vanity's Emptiness' self-destruction effect only applies after Vanity's Emptiness has resolved.

can I return odd eyes pend dragon from the scale position to pay for the cost of wingbeat of giant dragon, or does it not count as a dragon in that position.

Pendulum Monsters are treated as Spell Cards from the moment they're activated from hand to be placed into the Pendulum Zone until they leave the field, so no, you can't.

I attack Blue Eyed Maiden, and it activates it's effect. I Solemn Warning it. I destroy it and then there is a replay and I continue attacking, right?

I would rule it as yes, as Warning negates the entire effect, so long as part of it would try to Special Summon something. Thus, the attack would not be negated and Maiden would be destroyed by Warning.

Dont quote me on this, Warning can confuse me on occasion.

Archived