Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

So I was dueling today and came across a problem. Let's say I have two plant-type monsters face up on my field, and my opponent has a Lava Golem in their hand. When he tries to summon Lava Golem by sacrificing my only two monsters, can I activate Pollinosis to negate its summoning or would my monsters be removed from the field before Pollinosis can even be activated? 

nope, ofc, those plants are tributed for Lava Golem summoning, so they're no longer on the field and you can't tribute them to activate Pollinosis

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Number 64: Ronin Raccoon Sandayu vs. Ojama Country. Apparently if you activate its effect while Ojama Country's swap effect is already active, the token's attack will remain instead of becoming 0 (its Def). Is this true? And if so, is the same true even if Ojama Country's swapping effect is triggered after its summon, or was that a glitch on the part of a program I witnessed it on?

Number 64: Ronin Raccoon Sandayu vs. Ojama Country. Apparently if you activate its effect while Ojama Country's swap effect is already active, the token's attack will remain instead of becoming 0 (its Def). Is this true? And if so, is the same true even if Ojama Country's swapping effect is triggered after its summon, or was that a glitch on the part of a program I witnessed it on?

The ATK and DEF recalculates, so it will change the ATK to 0 and the DEF to whatever is the highest ATK on the field.

Is that also true if it is summoned after Ojama Country is already applied?

Country swaps original ATK/DEF. The Kagemusa's Token has an original ATK of ?, which is considered to be 0. Its current ATK is set upon Summon. If Country is already out, when the Token touches the Field, its original ATK (?, which is considered 0) swaps with its original DEF (which is 0). Its current ATK is then set based on the current ATK of the strongest monster.

So yes, the program was correct in not having the values change when Country was already out. If Country is played afterwards (or has its effect reapplied), it should swap the original ATK/DEF (both treated as 0). The Token's ATK should not change, because its current ATK is uninfluenced by its original ATK value.

CL1 Reckless Greed

CL2 Trap Stun

CL3 Mystical Space Typhoon, target the same Reckless Greed

Do I draw?

No. Even though the Reckless Greed card is no longer physically on the Field, Trap Stun negates the effects of Traps on the Field, and Reckless Greed's effect is still resolving from the Field.

Okay, opponent uses Into the Void & at the end of the turn he discards Snoww because of it. My question is, does he still have to discard the card he searched? It seems logical that he would.

Into the Void applies only once, discarding your hand. If something refills the hand after that, Into the Void will not apply again. No he won't discard the added card.

What if he activated multiple on the the same turn?

Each applies once each. Triggers go off before the next applies. So he'll discard for each Void.

If my No.62 got hit by BTH, then my opponent use BfaDD to return it to the Grave, can I ss No.62 from Grave during the 2nd SP?

I cant' find any resources one way or the other >> But I'm guessing that since it was destroyed and can activate from either place, then it could work like that.

If my No.62 got hit by BTH, then my opponent use BfaDD to return it to the Grave, can I ss No.62 from Grave during the 2nd SP?

I believe the answer is "no". Prime Photon activates from the place it was sent to when destroyed, and needs to still be in that place until the 2nd Standby.

I've had a lot of controversy over this.

Number Wall vs. Felgrand (the rank 8)

What happens? The rulings don't seem to depict a clear winner.

I honestly just do not know what to think, and this scenario keeps popping up a lot for me, and I'm getting massive headaches because of it.

I've had a lot of controversy over this.

Number Wall vs. Felgrand (the rank :cool:

What happens? The rulings don't seem to depict a clear winner.

I honestly just do not know what to think, and this scenario keeps popping up a lot for me, and I'm getting massive headaches because of it.

It is the effect of Number Wall that is preventing the "Number" from being destroyed by battle. If Felgrand targets a Number with its effect, that Number is no longer affected by card effects, and can be destroyed by battle/card effects. When that happens, Number Wall is destroyed.

Archived