Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

I Summon a monster with Instant Fusion, then my opponent sends Farfa to the Graveyard, and banishes the Summoned monster with its effect. When it returns to the field, is it destroyed by the effect of Instant Fusion?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Summon a monster with Instant Fusion, then my opponent sends Farfa to the Graveyard, and banishes the Summoned monster with its effect. When it returns to the field, is it destroyed?

I saw a replay on Devpro of this exact case and the monster was kept on the field, of course this doesnt explain anything.

Though im not sure if what im going to say next is accurate, but i will try to explain what happen according to what i saw:

Both being kinda lingering effects from different players (i think thats how people call them) they still have an order to apply.

The one who activated IF should apply the destruction first because of turn player priority, since its not on the field nothing happens, after that farfa retuns the monster. I could be wrong though

I feel like this was already answered a while back, but this just popped into my head so imma ask it anyway:

If a Normal Pendulum monster has a Pendulum Effect (i.e. Master Pendulum, the Dracoslayer), is it still considered a Non-Effect monster, or does that Pendulum Effect ruin that label?

I feel like this was already answered a while back, but this just popped into my head so imma ask it anyway:

If a Normal Pendulum monster has a Pendulum Effect (i.e. Master Pendulum, the Dracoslayer), is it still considered a Non-Effect monster, or does that Pendulum Effect ruin that label?

Iirc, pend effs are essentially spell effs, so I believe that normal pends with a pend eff are still non-eff monsters

I Summon a monster with Instant Fusion, then my opponent sends Farfa to the Graveyard, and banishes the Summoned monster with its effect. When it returns to the field, is it destroyed by the effect of Instant Fusion?

No. The lingering effect of Instant Fusion does not apply to the returned monster.

If it doesn't say "Effect" above the card text, it is a non-Effect Monster, so yes it is.

If I gave a monster an effect that would activate on destruction, and the effect was NOT specified to linger if the monster left the field, would the effect still activate if it was destroyed??

If I gave a monster an effect that would activate on destruction, and the effect was NOT specified to linger if the monster left the field, would the effect still activate if it was destroyed??

No. It only has the effect while it is face-up on the field.

If Yosenju Kama 1 is removed from the field by Fartha(I think. The BA monster that banished a monster until the End Phase), then returns at the end phase, will it still return to hand at the End Phase?

Yes. It does not forget that it was Normal Summoned that turn.

I'm assuming you can't, but just for the sake of making sure, you can't Tribute a monster in the hand to keep an Amorphage out, right? I ask because Infection says "Tributed from your hand or field", and I'm wondering what scenarios would pop up where that wording is necessary.  

Also, while we're on the subject, would something like Pendulum Impenetrable be able to prevent the scales from having to destroy themselves if you don't tribute?

I'm assuming you can't, but just for the sake of making sure, you can't Tribute a monster in the hand to keep an Amorphage out, right? I ask because Infection says "Tributed from your hand or field", and I'm wondering what scenarios would pop up where that wording is necessary.  

Also, while we're on the subject, would something like Pendulum Impenetrable be able to prevent the scales from having to destroy themselves if you don't tribute?

Correct, amorphages scales must tribute from the field, every card that says just tribute something applies to the field, unless the card itself says you can do it from other place.

Pendulum impenetrable cannot protect the scales because:

• It protects them from your opponents Effects
  • Its a maintenance cost not an actual effect, so even if "P I" would protect them from all effects they will still be destroyed

Is this a correct statement regarding Ghostrick Mansion and RR - Ultimate Falcon: Falcon must attack a face-down monster even when Mansion is up, but will still deal half battle damage?

Ghostrick Mansion doesn't force monsters to attack face-down Defense Position monsters; it prevents them from doing so. Ultimate Falcon is not affected by this effect, so it can attack face-down Defense Position monsters (it cannot attack directly even if all monsters its opponent controls are in face-down Defense Position). Also, if it inflicts battle damage, the damage is not halved.

I activate the effect of Yosenju Kama 1 and target Super Quantal Mech Beast Aeroboros. Aeroboros chains its effect and sets Kama 1. Is Aeroboros still returned to hand or does Kama 1 not resolve?

If its chained to kama 1's activation, the monster is still bounced back.

Think about it like this: if the card's effect RESOLUTION is not dependent on a specific requirement on the field, then setting it will not stop the effect. Setting a monster never NEGATES an effect, rather it stops it from resolving if and only if that effect is conditional AND setting said monster would remove that condition.

In the case of Kama 1, its bounce effect IS conditional, however that condition only applies to the COST. Only effects resolution conditions can be stopped in this manner.

If a card had the effect to negate the activation of a Spell/Trap Card, and then sets the negated card face-down, would that negated Set Card be able to be re-activated if it was a Trap or a Quickplay Spell in the same turn?

Also, would the scenario change had the negation be changed from activation to only the effects of the Spell/Trap Card?

If a card had the effect to negate the activation of a Spell/Trap Card, and then sets the negated card face-down, would that negated Set Card be able to be re-activated if it was a Trap or a Quickplay Spell in the same turn?

Also, would the scenario change had the negation be changed from activation to only the effects of the Spell/Trap Card?

If that Quick-Play Spell or Trap is Set, it cannot be activated in the same turn.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Collected_Power

Got a question about this card.

For example, let's say both my opponent and I are playing Utopias. I have the normal Number 39: Utopia, while he has C39: Utopia Ray. Let's say his Utopia Ray was also equipped with ZW-Unicorn Spear.

I play Collected Power, targeting my own Number 39: Utopia. Unicorn Spear is now equipped to my monster, but would it be considered an incorrect target (The effect for optional equip from hand is only for C39: Utopia Ray)? I'm not 100% sure.

Also, even if it does equip and is not destroyed by being a valid target, would my Utopia receive the ATK boost from Unicorn Spear?

It's just something I want to clarify as I'm trying to make some creative effects.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Collected_Power

Got a question about this card.

For example, let's say both my opponent and I are playing Utopias. I have the normal Number 39: Utopia, while he has C39: Utopia Ray. Let's say his Utopia Ray was also equipped with ZW-Unicorn Spear.

I play Collected Power, targeting my own Number 39: Utopia. Unicorn Spear is now equipped to my monster, but would it be considered an incorrect target (The effect for optional equip from hand is only for C39: Utopia Ray)? I'm not 100% sure.

Also, even if it does equip and is not destroyed by being a valid target, would my Utopia receive the ATK boost from Unicorn Spear?

It's just something I want to clarify as I'm trying to make some creative effects.

A Monster Card that is equipped to a monster as an Equip Card, except Union monsters that are equipped by their own effects, cannot change its target. So, Unicorn Spear is destroyed in this case.

1. Can Rune-Eyes pendulum dragon attack directly for 1 (and only 1) of its attacks if it gains its multi attack effect, or must all of the attacks be on monsters?

2. Is there a rulings page for that style of effect somewhere that I can read?

edit: Its not that I don't believe people here, its just would be nice to have it explained in detail.

Apply the appropriate effect, depending on the original Level of the monster used as Fusion Material that was not "Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon".

● Level 4 or lower: This card can make up to 2 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase.

● Level 5 or higher: This card can make up to 3 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase.

Note the wording: this card can make up to 2 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase.  It doesn't say in addition to its normal attack for that turn.  It literally replaces how its attacks for that turn work to coincide with the effect.  Therefore, for that turn, it can only make attacks on monsters, since all of the attacks must follow that condition.

Now if the effect was worded:

Apply the appropriate effect, depending on the original Level of the monster used as Fusion Material that was not "Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon".

● Level 4 or lower: This card can make up to 2 an additional attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase.

● Level 5 or higher: This card can make up to 3 additional attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase.

Then it would work how you think it should, but since that all attacks are replaced, then the most recent conditions are always applied.

Archived