Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

I mean, the effect of Mistake is:

Neither player can add cards from their Deck to their hand except by drawing them.

The keywords being adding cards from "their Deck" to their hand as opposed to "opponent's Deck" to their hand. 

It's the same thing with that ruling about the control with Fairy Meteor Crush. Lullaby is pretty much a search from the opponent's Deck, not from your own. Therefore as the choices of Lullaby of Obedience are to add the declared card to your opponent's hand or SS it to their field, they would still get both choices even if Mistake's on the field.

So basically, Thunder King Rai-Oh can't do s*** here either.

You're citing the English translation of a card in a rulings issue about a card that does not exist the TCG. Mistake's original text does not specify which Decks or hands it prevents adding from/to.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're citing the English translation of a card in a rulings issue about a card that does not exist the TCG. Mistake's original text does not specify which Decks or hands it prevents adding from/to.

Since Mistake does exist in the TCG already, it's not like they would translate Lullaby wrong to the point of contradicting the TCG Mistake.

Like I said, this is very similar to the ruling of Fairy Meteror Crush because of the wording. 

However, I'm not sure which original text you're referring it to, but I'll assume it's the original OCG Japanese text. Just from the English translation though, it appears to only affect cards added from your own Deck to your hand. =/

Since Mistake does exist in the TCG already, it's not like they would translate Lullaby wrong to the point of contradicting the TCG Mistake.

Like I said, this is very similar to the ruling of Fairy Meteror Crush because of the wording.

However, I'm not sure which original text you're referring it to, but I'll assume it's the original OCG Japanese text. Just from the English translation though, it appears to only affect cards added from your own Deck to your hand. =/

Again, I don't know why you're citing the English translation of Mistake when we're discussing the rulings surrounding Lullaby, a card that exists only in the OCG.

Because whoever translated Mistake for the TCG lacked the foresight to make it more faithful to the original (the OCG Japanese text), and because you typically* play cards as they are written in the TCG, I cannot say how the TCG will rule this issue. But Lullaby only exists in the OCG, so the TCG is irrelevant to its rulings in the first place. Only the OCG ruling, which I've already linked to, can be correct. An answer for the TCG cannot be given, because it will be guesswork, not a rulings answer.

*I say typically because of cases like Black Horn of Heaven. But at the same time effects like "your opponent cannot activate cards or effects" (rather than "your opponent's cards and effects cannot be activated") don't work as they are written, so I cannot say what will be the case for Mistake until a TCG ruling is issued.

Again, I don't know why you're citing the English translation of Mistake when we're discussing the rulings surrounding LoB, a card that exists only in the OCG.

Because whoever translated Mistake for the TCG lacked the foresight to make it more faithful to the original (the OCG Japanese text), and because you typically* play cards as they are written in the TCG, I don't know how the TCG will rule this issue. But the TCG is irrelevant to this rulings issue in the first place, because LoB only exists in the OCG. Only the OCG ruling, which I've already linked to, can be correct. An answer for the TCG cannot be given, because it will be guesswork, not a rulings answer.

*I say typically because of cases like Black Horn of Heaven. But at the same time effects like "your opponent cannot activate cards or effects" (rather than "your opponent's cards and effects cannot be activated") don't work as they are written, so I cannot say what will be the case for Mistake until a TCG ruling is issued.

;)

So OCG mod Level confirmed imo. 

TCG mod Level is still at a meh. =P

Is this a valid wording for a monster effect (Non-Union?):

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can send 1 Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, OR you can Special Summon 1 Level 1 LIGHT Tuner monster from your banished.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

You don't have to capitalise the "or," the second "you can" is redundant, and it should be "Special Summon 1 of your banished ... monsters," but it's clear what it does regardless.

Although, two-part effects like this usually separate the two parts in a bulleted list. In these cases, you choose which effect to activate at activation rather than at resolution like your current rendition. In this case, you would also conventionally target the banished card.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

You don't have to capitalise the "or," the second "you can" is redundant, and it should be "Special Summon 1 of your banished ... monsters," but it's clear what it does regardless.

Although, two-part effects like this usually separate the two parts in a bulleted list. In these cases, you choose which effect to activate at activation rather than at resolution like your current rendition. In this case, you would also conventionally target the banished card.

Thanks Terrie bae. <3

The "or" I was unsure of because I used Union monsters as the reference. They got both letters capitalized.

The bulleted list was something I tried to avoid because it would make the card out of place within the archetype.

I had contemplated on the redundant parts as well, but I just wasn't 100% sure. The options weren't made to target on purpose because targeting with the NS effect would also make the card out of place.

It looks like I might have to reformat everything. =,(

If I summon Dark Destroyer, can I target that Destroyer with it's own effect?

asking cause I dueled someone who did that, not cause I want to.

and then i accidentally closed that window and dn didn't stop that.

Yes, you can. After all, Dark Destroyer's effect on Summon is to pop 1 monster on the field. Your opponent cannot target Dark Destroyer with effects, but it doesn't meant that you (the controller) can't.

A primary combo is to pop Dark Destroyer with own effect and then to bring something out like Tincan during the EP or Strawman so that you can use its effect to revive Dark Destroyer back during a MP, which in turn causes Dark Destroyer to pop during the EP to bring out a Tincan.

A monster under the clause "banish it when it leaves the field", bansihed by something like farfa stays banished or it can return to the field?

In this case, if it had the clause "banish it when it leaves the field" and Farfa removes it from the field via banishment, it will not return during the EP. This is a similar ruling with Quillbolt Hedgehog and Interdimensional Matter Transporter that was deemed official before by Upper Deck. It's not official anymore, but it is still be considered correct as Konami had not issued any rulings on it that makes the old ruling obsolete. 

Can Solemn Strike and Warning negate Fusion/Ritual Summons?

A special summon can only be negated if it happens outside of a chain, so no, strike and warning cannot negate Fusion or ritual summons. They can negate contact fusion due to what i said above. However solemn warning is able to negate the fusion or ritual effect (usually a spell).

I activate Kozmo Soartroopers ignition effect. My opponent chains Effect Veiler. I chain Soartroopers quick effect. I then use Kozmotown to add Soartroopers to hand. If I then normal summon Soartroopers, can I use the ignition effect, or will it still be negated by Effect Veiler?

......Soartroopers left the field after Veiler resolved. It wouldn't have mattered if you chained the Quick Effect or not. The effect would return once Soartrooper left the field in the case you're mentioning.

If it was negated by Veiler was removed from the field and Summoned again, it can activate it's ignition effect again.

I activate Kozmo Soartroopers ignition effect. My opponent chains Effect Veiler. I chain Soartroopers quick effect. I then use Kozmotown to add Soartroopers to hand. If I then normal summon Soartroopers, can I use the ignition effect, or will it still be negated by Effect Veiler?

then target 1 face-up Effect Monster your opponent controls; negate that opponent's face-up monster's effects until the end of this turn

You're good.

Edit: daym dat double ninja'd tho

If a Brilliant Fusion is negated, can that person play a second one.

If you activate Brilliant Fusion and its activation is negated, you can activate another one in the same turn. You cannot activate another copy in the same turn if its effect is negated.

If a card says 'You can only activate 1 "..." per turn,' and its activation is negated, you can activate another one in the same turn. If a card says 'You can only use this effect of "..." once per turn,' and that effect's activation is negated, you cannot activate that effect again in the same turn.

Yo Terrie can you re-clarify on the optional/mandatory effect ruling with Monarchs that makes your opponent unable to respond the way they want to?

The scenerio is with you have Return of the Monarchs on the field, and you're about to Tribute an Eidos for a Level 6 Ehther from Domain. I'm pretty sure that you can force your opponent to only be able to respond to Return's adding effect by having Ehther resolving first and Return after as they both occur simultaneously as optional effects.

I know what happens of it was Edea instead of Eidos, and the arrangement of the chain can only force your opponent to respond to Return if you do CL 1 Edea and CL 2 Ehther with CL 3 Return. Just curious if it could be the same case with 2 optional links instead of 3. It's been a while. =/

Yo Terrie can you re-clarify on the optional/mandatory effect ruling with Monarchs that makes your opponent unable to respond the way they want to?

The scenerio is with you have Return of the Monarchs on the field, and you're about to Tribute an Eidos for a Level 6 Ehther from Domain. I'm pretty sure that you can force your opponent to only be able to respond to Return's adding effect by having Ehther resolving first and Return after as they both occur simultaneously as optional effects.

I know what happens of it was Edea instead of Eidos, and the arrangement of the chain can only force your opponent to respond to Return if you do CL 1 Edea and CL 2 Ehther with CL 3 Return. Just curious if it could be the same case with 2 optional links instead of 3. It's been a while. =/

In the case of using Eidos rather than Edea, you do the exact same thing except you don't activate Edea's effect. (You don't have to activate Edea's effect even if you do use her, anyway.) So it would be CL1 Ehther and CL2 Return, or CL1 Return and CL2 Ehther. You can choose the order because they are both your optional triggered effects that were triggered at the same time (when Ehther is Tribute Summoned). If you had Edea's effect, it would be CL1 only, of course.

I'm pretty sure that you can force your opponent to only be able to respond to Return's adding effect by having Ehther resolving first and Return after as they both occur simultaneously as optional effects.

When you have CL1 Ehther and CL2 Return (so that your opponent cannot Chain directly to Ehther's effect), Ehther's effect activates first and resolves second, and Return's effect activates second and resolves first. Also they don't occur simultaneously; the effects are triggered at the same time, but the effects themselves activate at different times.

A bit of argument with my opponent recently (as usual, dn issues regarding a ruling we disagree)

So me (using my DragonMasterKnight.dek) against someone (RaidRaptor.dek)

[spoiler=So here's a bit of the story'']

> My opponent activate Last Strix effect, Special Summon Satellite Cannon Falcon.

> Then he activate RUM Skip Force, Xyz Summon Ultimate Falcon.

----next turn----

> I manage to Fusion Summon Dragon Master Knight and Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon, destroying his Ultimate Falcon with Dragon Master Knight.

----next turn----

> He activate RUM Soul Shave Force targeting Satellite Cannon Falcon, then argument begins.

Okay my question, can RUM Soul Shave Force be activated targeting Satellite Cannon Falcon (ss'd by Last Strix, not proper Xyz Summon) in the graveyard?

Because as far as i know, Starlight Road that ss Stardust Dragon, since Stardust Dragon isn't properly Synchro Summoned it cant be revived by its own effect nor other effect. Does this similar case goes for Soul Shave and Satellite? Since Soul Shave clearly said need to revive the target from the graveyard, then rank up.

I can be wrong so . . . im not sure (in this case at YGOPro, i cant activate Soul Shave, but well its YGOPro . . . and i cant find it on google or other forum)

Archived