Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

Actually it is. As Darj says it would had a conjuction like "and if you do, them, etc" but it only has a coma instead. My gess its just a missprinting on the card, i mean from ";" to "," can happen.

Not sure if im allowed to post this link but, the last paragraph says the shuffling part is a cost

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Tips:Odd-Eyes_Vortex_Dragon

That's from the card tips, you should avoid using that as evidence. The card database for OCG states that shuffling the Pendulum Monster happens simultaneously with the negation part:

『表側表示のPモンスター1体をデッキに戻し』の処理と、『その発動を無効にし破壊する』処理は同時に行われる扱いとなります。

http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=4&cid=11989

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is mostly hypothetical and CaC precedent related:

If Neo Spacian Dark Panther or Phantom of Chaos gains the effect of a monster such as Majestic Star Dragon or Elemental HERO Flare Neos, during the End Phase what happens?

I think you have to choose to apply "stop copying the effect" first, since you cannot choose to shuffle into the extra deck.

This is mostly hypothetical and CaC precedent related:

If Neo Spacian Dark Panther or Phantom of Chaos gains the effect of a monster such as Majestic Star Dragon or Elemental HERO Flare Neos, during the End Phase what happens?

I think you have to choose to apply "stop copying the effect" first, since you cannot choose to shuffle into the extra deck.

You choose which to activate or end yourself, so if you end the effect first, the effect of course can't activate.

You choose which to activate or end yourself, so if you end the effect first, the effect of course can't activate.

Can you make it shuffle into the deck though if you change the order? Probably the main deck since it can't go to the extra deck.

Edit: Based on YGO pro's script code for those 2 cards, Elemental HERO Flare Neos can't use that effect unless it can go to the extra deck. However that requirement was left out of majestic star dragon for some reason. Is that human error?

Can you make it shuffle into the deck though if you change the order? Probably the main deck since it can't go to the extra deck.

Edit: Based on YGO pro's script code for those 2 cards, Elemental HERO Flare Neos can't use that effect unless it can go to the extra deck. However that requirement was left out of majestic star dragon for some reason. Is that human error?

I would believe no, since it specifically says Extra Deck, a place normal monsters cannot be.

On YGOPro, if I give my opponent an Insect-Type monster (e.g. a Kaiju), and then destroy that monster while I control Verdant Sanctuary, I get to activate Sanctuary's effect even though it says "...its controller...".

Is this just a glitch/miscoding or is it the correct ruling???

On YGOPro, if I give my opponent an Insect-Type monster (e.g. a Kaiju), and then destroy that monster while I control Verdant Sanctuary, I get to activate Sanctuary's effect even though it says "...its controller...".

Is this just a glitch/miscoding or is it the correct ruling???

Its not a glitch, controller means the one who has it on the field (in this case your opponent)

Its not a glitch, controller means the one who has it on the field (in this case your opponent)

The "glitch" was that the card worked the other way around.

>P1 gives P2 the Insect Kaiju

>Kaiju is destroyed

>P1 gets to activate Verdant Sanctuary's effect.

• 3 weeks later...

"If your opponent special summons a monster: You can pay 1000 LP; Negate the Summon, and if you do, destroy it."

Does this effect work on Galaxy Soldier's summon?

This effect doesn't exist in the actual game. If you want to negate a Summon, you have to activate the effect when the monster would be Summoned. The timing "If your opponent Special Summons a monster" does not correspond with negating a Summon because at that point the monster is already Summoned.

Galaxy Soldier's Special Summon using its Trigger Effect cannot be negated because it occurs during the resolution of a Chain, at which point cards and effects cannot be activated.

Alright so I've been dueling my friend and teaching him how to play yugioh bought both the new dragon and monarch decks. Any way my question:

Does March of the Monarchs The Monarchs Erupt negate Arkbrave Dragon's first effect? (If this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard: You can banish as many face-up Spell/Trap Cards on your opponent controls as possible, and if you do, this card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each card banished.)

Alright so I've been dueling my friend and teaching him how to play yugioh bought both the new dragon and monarch decks. Any way my question:

Does March of the Monarchs negate Arkbrave Dragon's first effect? (If this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard: You can banish as many face-up Spell/Trap Cards on your opponent controls as possible, and if you do, this card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each card banished.)

What does banishing S/T have to do with March of the Monarch's effect?

-_-

Does March of the Monarchs The Monarchs Erupt negate Arkbrave Dragon's first effect? (If this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard: You can banish as many face-up Spell/Trap Cards on your opponent controls as possible, and if you do, this card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each card banished.)

Assuming Erupt is already face-up on the field: Yes, it does, as long as Arkbrave Dragon is face-up on the field when its effect resolves.

Is there a reason why you think it wouldn't?

It negates Arkbrave as long as conditions are met by the controller.

To be clear, Erupt's controller does not need to meet any conditions to apply its continuously applied effect.

Assuming Erupt is already face-up on the field: Yes, it does, as long as Arkbrave Dragon is face-up on the field when its effect resolves.

Is there a reason why you think it wouldn't?

To be clear, Erupt's controller does not need to meet any conditions to apply its continuously applied effect.

Just clarification really. 

I have three counters on my Kyotou Waterfront. I use its effect to add a Kaiju monster to hand.

1) Can my opponent respond with MST/Twin Twister?

2) If so, if my opponent does and I remove a counter from Waterfront, do I still add a Kaiju to hand?

It's an activation condition of the card to have 3 counters, removing one to protect it before the effect resolves will prevent the effect from resolving. So in other words, you will still add the monster.

• 2 weeks later...

So, this question doesn't seem like a doozy at first, but it gets messy the more I look into it. I've sent an email to Konami pending response, so I'll post here once I get an official ruling, but here goes:

Can you summon Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha Dogoran off of card effects without properly summoning it first?

At first, this is a bit of a no-brainer. The card doesn't say you can't, so why wouldn't you be able to? It gets messy, though. As is the case with cards such as Kagetokage and Jormungardr the Nordic Serpent, semi-nomi cards often are printed without some key wording that shows you need to properly summon them first. With those cards, I believe it's ruled that you need to properly summon them first before you can summon them with card effects.

But those cards are mis-translated OCG cards, while Mecha Dogoran is a TCG premier. The problem here lies in that I don't believe KoA actually develops the TCG exclusives and this is another case of a mistranslation (although I could be wrong), or it might be a continued trend on said past cards that have shared a similar fate. But the real mess comes in that the OCG ruled that you cannot summon Mecha-Doge without properly summoning it first. Right now the base response I can come up with is that this is an OCG ruling and doesn't apply to the TCG, but the issue with this is that it becomes a situation where the OCG actually ruled a card to function in a significantly different manner than the TCG region, with no other rulings easily obtainable.

I'm still awaiting an email response on the issue, and honestly I can see it going either way; but I do wonder about your guys' opinion on this situation.

So, this question doesn't seem like a doozy at first, but it gets messy the more I look into it. I've sent an email to Konami pending response, so I'll post here once I get an official ruling, but here goes:

Emails from these addresses are not official responses. It is not possible at this time for players to receive official responses from Konami R&D.

Can you summon Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha Dogoran off of card effects without properly summoning it first?

Assuming you're asking about things like Interrupted Kaiju Slumber. It cannot be.

At first, this is a bit of a no-brainer. The card doesn't say you can't, so why wouldn't you be able to? It gets messy, though. As is the case with cards such as Kagetokage and Jormungardr the Nordic Serpent, semi-nomi cards often are printed without some key wording that shows you need to properly summon them first. With those cards, I believe it's ruled that you need to properly summon them first before you can summon them with card effects.

As per the rulebook, a monster that cannot be normal summoned/set is a Special Summon Monster. These monsters have to be properly summoned through the mechanic (or, if you like, the rule) that replaces their ability to be Normal Summoned/Set before they can be summoned by other means.

Yes, on its own, the text of Kagetokage implies that it can be special summoned by the effect of Mystic Tomato, but it cannot be. This is mechanically impossible.

Without this understanding of game mechanics, the logical conclusion given its current text would be to allow it to be summoned by IKS. I agree that Konami should by now have worked out how to better word these effects in PSCT, however, unfortunately, we don't have that luxury at this point in time, and we need to take their text and consider it in the context of game mechanics (which are inadequately explained).

But those cards are mis-translated OCG cards, while Mecha Dogoran is a TCG premier. The problem here lies in that I don't believe KoA actually develops the TCG exclusives and this is another case of a mistranslation (although I could be wrong), or it might be a continued trend on said past cards that have shared a similar fate.

I don't consider it appropriate to comment on aspects of card design that you are not privy to.

Archived