Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

words

m8 you've already had this answered

Satellite isn't properly summoned by Last Strix. Soul Shave needs to be able to summon Satellite from the grave in order to rank it up. Since Satellite wasn't properly summoned, and Last Strix doesn't do anything to treat it as having been properly summoned, you can't Soul Shave it.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

m8 you've already had this answered

Satellite isn't properly summoned by Last Strix. Soul Shave needs to be able to summon Satellite from the grave in order to rank it up. Since Satellite wasn't properly summoned, and Last Strix doesn't do anything to treat it as having been properly summoned, you can't Soul Shave it.

Yea you guys answered the question at the Skype chat right after i post that sadly (too late) <.<

Just making sure . . . but yea thanks.

Yea you guys answered the question at the Skype chat right after i post that sadly (too late) <.<

Just making sure . . . but yea thanks.

IRS answered it immediately and then you posted this like 20 mins later.

But it's all good. <3 Better in this thread, where it can be read, than lost in Skype chat history forever.

In the case of using Eidos rather than Edea, you do the exact same thing except you don't activate Edea's effect. (You don't have to activate Edea's effect even if you do use her, anyway.) So it would be CL1 Ehther and CL2 Return, or CL1 Return and CL2 Ehther. You can choose the order because they are both your optional triggered effects that were triggered at the same time (when Ehther is Tribute Summoned). If you had Edea's effect, it would be CL1 only, of course.

When you have CL1 Ehther and CL2 Return (so that your opponent cannot Chain directly to Ehther's effect), Ehther's effect activates first and resolves second, and Return's effect activates second and resolves first. Also they don't occur simultaneously; the effects are triggered at the same time, but the effects themselves activate at different times.

Thanks. I think the biggest part was that I forgot if they occured simutaneously or not. <3

If I dd-crow a monster my opponent is summoning off Soul Charge, will the who effect fizzle?

Depending on how many monsters your opponent targets with Soul Charge.

If they target 3, and you D.D Crow 1 of the targets, the rest are still Summoned and they lose 2000 LP for the 2 successfully Summoned.

If your opponent only targets 1 monster with Soul Charge, and you D.D Crow that target, then Soul Charge would do nothing and fizzle. Your opponent wouldn't lose 1000 LP for the monster unsuccessfully Summoned by Soul Charge.

If the Flip Summon of a monster is negated im aware that it wasnt treated as being on the fied either, but if the flip summon was a semi nomi monster can it come back later?

If the Flip Summon of a Special Summon-only monster is negated, it will not be considered properly Special Summoned.

If I dd-crow a monster my opponent is summoning off Soul Charge, will the who effect fizzle?

I would assume so, since cards like lot of avrice fizzle if 1 of its targets gets gone.

Pot/Jar of Avarice says "shuffle all 5 into the Deck," whereas Soul Charge just says "Special Summon them." If a card effect says "both those targets," "both of them," "all 3," etc., all targets have to be valid for the effect to resolve properly. If it just says "those targets" or "them," it will resolve as much as possible.

Unifrogs s/t popping eff doesn't target, correct?

No, it doesn't target.

It does target. Cards without PSCT do not always explicitly say that they target. Cards with PSCT will always explicitly say "target" if they target. (Equip Spell Cards always target.)

Generally, if a card does not have PSCT and its effect affects a specific card in a place where it can be targeted (field, Graveyard, or while banished), that effect targets. This is not always the case, so check that card's rulings to be sure.

If the Flip Summon of a Special Summon-only monster is negated, it will not be considered properly Special Summoned.

Pot/Jar of Avarice says "shuffle all 5 into the Deck," whereas Soul Charge just says "Special Summon them." If a card effect says "both those targets," "both of them," "all 3," etc., all targets have to be valid for the effect to resolve properly. If it just says "those targets" or "them," it will resolve as much as possible.

It does target. Cards without PSCT do not always explicitly say that they target. Cards with PSCT will always explicitly say "target" if they target. (Equip Spell Cards always target.)

Generally, if a card does not have PSCT and its effect affects a specific card in a place where it can be targeted (field, graveyard, or while banished), that effect targets. This is not always the case, so check that card's rulings to be sure.

I got a PSCT wrong. =l

Brb gtg kms.

If Timebreaker Magician banishes itself along with the Prime Monarch Continuous Trap (treated as a monster on the opponent's side), what happens with this scenario at the time of making them come back?

Timebreaker returns as normal. Prime Monarch returns and is immediately sent to the Graveyard. (So it works like other Trap Monsters despite its not being treated as a Trap Card in the Monster Zone after being Special Summoned.)

How do Majespecters interact with Magical Dimension? What are the circumstances that will cause them to miss timing?

After you activate Magical Dimension, the next opportunity you have to activate Trigger Effects would be after the Chain in which Magical Dimension was activated in resolves. If you Special Summon Raccoon this way, you would activate its effect at this time, if you are able to at all (that is, if it does not miss timing).

Raccoon's effect says that it activates "When it is Normal or Special Summoned." Because it says "when" and not "if," the trigger for its effect (it being Special Summoned) must have been the last thing to have happened by the time you have the opportunity to activate Trigger Effects after Magical Dimension resolves.

If you activate Magical Dimension as Chain Link 1, Special Summon Raccoon, and resolve the effect (and the Chain) without choosing to destroy 1 monster on the field, you will be able to activate Raccoon's effect at that time, as Special Summoning Raccoon was the last thing to happen.

If you activate Magical Dimension as Chain Link 1, Special Summon Raccoon, then you choose to destroy 1 monster on the field, by the time you have the opportunity to activate Trigger Effects after Magical Dimension resolves, the trigger for Raccoon's effect would no longer be the last thing to have happened. (The last thing to have happened would be destroying 1 monster on the field.) So you won't be able to activate Raccoon's effect.

Note that this is only relevant because the conjunction separating the last two parts of Magical Dimension's effect says "then" and not "and if you do." In PSCT, "then" means that the part of Magical Dimension's effect that comes after it (destroying 1 monster on the field) does not happen simultaneously with part that comes before it (Special Summoning Raccoon). If it had said "and if you do" instead, destroying 1 monster on the field and Special Summoning Racoon would be considered to have happened at the same time, and Special Summoning Raccon would still be considered one of the last things to have happened by the time you have the opportunity to activate Trigger Effects after Magical Dimension resolves.

If you activate Magical Dimension as Chain Link 2 or higher, and the Chain then resolves, Raccoon's effect will always miss timing, regardless of whether you apply Magical Dimension's "destroy 1 monster on the field" effect or not, because the last thing to have happened by the time you have the opportunity to activate Trigger Effects in this case would be Chain Link 1 resolving.

As a final note, mandatory effects can never miss timing.

If I activate Treatoad's effect by sending a Burgesstoma to the Grave to negate an effect, will the fact that all Burgs are banished when they leave the field affect the process in anyway?

Sending an aqua to the grave is a cost, and those must be followed exactly as the card says it to.

You cannot send a burgesstoma trap to activate it due to the fact that its getting banished, if you have nothing else to send you will be forced to send your own treatoad

• 3 weeks later...

I control Thunder King, the Lightning Strike Kaiju and my opponent controls no monsters. Can I still activate Thunder King's effect, and if so, can Thunder King still attack once or not at all?

I believe so, as this isn't you attempting to attack, but simply giving yourself more attacks.

I control Thunder King, the Lightning Strike Kaiju and my opponent controls no monsters. Can I still activate Thunder King's effect, and if so, can Thunder King still attack once or not at all?

Thunder King can still make 1 direct attack after that. If it does, it cannot make any further attacks that Battle Phase, even if your opponent later controls a monster.

I want to have something confirmed:

So, the negation effect of Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon reads as:

During either player's turn, when a Spell/Trap Card or another monster's effect is activated: You can shuffle 1 face-up Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck into the Deck, negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

Is the card shuffling part of the effect, or actually a cost?

I ask because that comma there has me confused since the context of the effect makes me think it could have been misprinted and a semi colon was supposed to be there instead, turning the card shuffling into a cost. I mean, if the shuffling was part of the effect, I would expect a conjunction like an "and if you do", "then" or "also" afterwards, but instead it follows up with the comma.

During either player's turn, when a Spell/Trap Card or another monster's effect is activated: You can shuffle 1 face-up Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck into the Deck, negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

I ask because that comma there has me confused since the context of the effect makes me think it could have been misprinted and a semi colon was supposed to be there instead, turning the card shuffling into a cost. I mean, if the shuffling was part of the effect, I would expect a conjunction like an "and if you do", "then" or "also" afterwards, but instead it follows up with the comma.

No, it isn't a cost, it's just a weird thing they sometimes do. They are pretty consistent with there being a semi-colon if it's a cost.

No, it isn't a cost, it's just a weird thing they sometimes do. They are pretty consistent with there being a semi-colon if it's a cost.

Actually it is. As Darj says it would had a conjuction like "and if you do, them, etc" but it only has a coma instead. My gess its just a missprinting on the card, i mean from ";" to "," can happen.

Not sure if im allowed to post this link but, the last paragraph says the shuffling part is a cost

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Tips:Odd-Eyes_Vortex_Dragon

Actually it is. As Darj says it would had a conjuction like "and if you do, them, etc" but it only has a coma instead. My gess its just a missprinting on the card, i mean from ";" to "," can happen.

Not sure if im allowed to post this link but, the last paragraph says the shuffling part is a cost

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Tips:Odd-Eyes_Vortex_Dragon

It is an effect.

The comma functions the same as "and if you do" in this case.

If an effect has more than two parts to resolve and uses the same conjunction to separate each of those effects, the first conjunction can be substituted with a comma, much like how, in English, items in a list can be separated by commas with an "and" preceding the final item in that list. So, for an effect in the format "Effect 1, effect 2, also effect 3," the first comma would function the same as "also" in that case. It is the same for Vortex Dragon's Quick Effect, except with "and if you do." I can see how it can be confusing because effects with three parts that are considered to resolve at the same time can also be in the format "Effect 1, and if you do, effect 2, and if you do that, effect 3."

Archived