Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to figure out if there is a ruling precedent for an idea I have:

If you had a card that places a synchro monster on your side of the field from your extra deck, but not by summoning it. Placing it meaning like when Strike Ninja returns to the field in the End Phase after using its effect. How would that interact with the extra monster zone rules? The closest official game action I know of being a synchro monster returning to the field in the end phase after interdimensional matter transporter is used, but its already been synchro summoned by then. Is there a comparable situation in the current card pool? If there isn't a card(s) like that already then that's also a valid answer.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a ruling precedent for an idea I have:

If you had a card that places a synchro monster on your side of the field from your extra deck, but not by summoning it. Placing it meaning like when Strike Ninja returns to the field in the End Phase after using its effect. How would that interact with the extra monster zone rules? The closest official game action I know of being a synchro monster returning to the field in the end phase after interdimensional matter transporter is used, but its already been synchro summoned by then. Is there a comparable situation in the current card pool? If there isn't a card(s) like that already then that's also a valid answer.

We know that a monster moved to a Monster Zone from anywhere other than the Extra Deck is moved to a Main Monster Zone even if you're not Summoning it. A monster that was banished by IMT returns to a Main Monster Zone because it is moved to a Monster Zone from where banished cards reside, not from the Extra Deck.

There is no way to move a monster from the Extra Deck to a Monster Zone without Special Summoning it. So you won't get a meaningful answer regarding that.

I just wanted to double check something here:

If the activation of a spell card is negated, then you do not place spell counters on cards like Skilled Dark Magician for that spell card, right?

What about if the only effect is negated? EG Call of the haunted summons spell canceler during the chain or imperial order is used in response to that spell card.

edit: Another question:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Great_Shogun_Shien states that if the activation of a spell/trap card is negated, your opponent can still activate another spell/trap that turn, but what about if only the effect is negated?

I just wanted to double check something here:

If the activation of a spell card is negated, then you do not place spell counters on cards like Skilled Dark Magician for that spell card, right?

What about if the only effect is negated? EG Call of the haunted summons spell canceler during the chain or imperial order is used in response to that spell card.

Skilled Dark Magician says "Each time a Spell Card is activated, place 1 Spell Counter on this card when that Spell Card resolves." If a Spell Card's activation is negated, that Spell Card doesn't resolve, so you don't place a Spell Counter. If a Spell Card's effect when it resolves is negated, the Spell Card still resolves, so you do place a Spell Counter.

edit: Another question:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Great_Shogun_Shien states that if the activation of a spell/trap card is negated, your opponent can still activate another spell/trap that turn, but what about if only the effect is negated?

Then they can't activate another Spell/Trap Card that turn.

Shooting Quasar Dragon is summoned by King's Synchro, how many attacks does it get?

I'd say 1 each Battle Phase.

And Crystron Quariongandrax is summoned by King's Synchro, how many monsters can you banish?

You can't activate its effect in this case since you didn't use any Synchro Materials for its Synchro Summon.

The Special Summon of the Synchro Monster by King's Synchro is treated as a Synchro Summon, but the banished monsters aren't Synchro Materials. They're just monsters banished by an effect whose Levels are considered for a following part of the effect.

Millennium-Eyes Restrict negates the effects of monsters with the same name as a monster equipped to it by its own effect. What happens if a Millennium-Eyes Restrict has another Millennium-Eyes Restrict equipped it it by its own effect, since then surely it would be trying to negate its own effect, causing a negative feedback loop?

Millennium-Eyes Restrict negates the effects of monsters with the same name as a monster equipped to it by its own effect. What happens if a Millennium-Eyes Restrict has another Millennium-Eyes Restrict equipped it it by its own effect, since then surely it would be trying to negate its own effect, causing a negative feedback loop?

Well, negating the effects of a monster that equips another monster will automatically cause that equipped card to be destroyed since the monster no longer has the effect that equips that monster, so that should not be an issue.

Excuse me but i can activate the effect of proxy dragon using eve the stargrail priestess that will not destroy thanks to her effect? I do it every time on ygopro but many people told me that they don't know if it' an error of the game or not.

No, when you substitute a monster for destruction, you cannot substitute yet another monster at the same time.

If i use Wavering Eyes pop 2 scales (at least), then search for astrograph or chronograph can any of those be activated immediately?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, there are no restrictions on any of these cards that would state so otherwise. What exactly do you mean when you say immediately? If you are to say before the opponent can activate any cards, then that's a no, you must follow Fast Effect Timing rules, which I linked below.

http://yugioh-card.com/en/gameplay/fasteffects_timing.html

Archived