Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

[spoiler=Extended thoughts on SM018]

- Looks like Team Rocket has an operational base now, that's something

- When Sophocoles ate the Thunderbolt'd stew, a remix of the "To be continued" soundtrack from the original series was playing in the BG.

- Bounsweet evolved, wasn't expecting that, and it looks like they're using a new animation style for evolutions in this series

Now to wait for SM019 to be uploaded onto anime sites. (Been pretty late the last two weeks)

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, they've been pretty slow with the subbed versions lately (RAW was up on Gogoanime, but not other one I use lately). Suppose subbers are busy at this part of the year.

Suppose we'll get that one next week; well, there isn't a new episode so they should have time to sub it.

(IIRC Golden Week in Japan, so...)

Pretty sure Golden Week is from April 29th to May 5th.

EDIT (28th): new episode title

Episode 966: Beware of Shovels!!! (April 13th)

Judging by the title, this looks like the Sandyghast debut episode.

Yeah, it is from the end of April. (Probably thought of something else that exists this week that would explain no episode on Thursday; unless the timeslot got taken for something else.)

==

Thoughts on upcoming stuff:

964: Yeah, probably a rehash of what happened in season 1 with Ash and Pikachu (because younger kids will never remember how their relationship was in the old days)

965: Likely Ash getting that Litten. (Now when is Ash going to get another 'mon that isn't a starter)

966: Agreeing on this being Sandygast/Palossand debut episode; I doubt they'll be going to Akala Island though (that being said, Ash needs to go there again eventually)

==

TV Game Magazine May has revealed the next pair of new episode titles from Pokémon Sun & Moon. These episodes are set to air on April 20th and 27th respetively . The first features Ash & Co. go to a concert where a DJ owns a Dugtrio. The second features an open day at the school where Ash's mother comes to visit

Episode 967: Here's a Real Shocker! A Dugtrio Split-Up?!

Episode 968: Alola! The First Visitation Day!!

So yeah, new episode stuff is up

Yeah, it is from the end of April. (Probably thought of something else that exists this week that would explain no episode on Thursday; unless the timeslot got taken for something else.)

I'd have assumed something else took the timeslot, probs something important or something.

On another note, the episode from 2 weeks ago still isn't up on anime sites subbed, and I seriously cannot be funked to watch it on YT as YT-uploaded episodes usually omit the opening/ending/next episode preview. (So I'll have a backlog to catch up on after tomorrows episodes when they're eventually uploaded) Can defo assume the subber is busy with whatever is going on in their life.

On a different note, the English version has begun to air in Canada (SM003 aired on Saturday) and it'll begin in the UK next week as well (will have to get up like 7am to tune in though). No word on when it'll air in the US though.

I honestly don't care when Sun/Moon airs in the US because I can't watch it anyway because no cable TV and mostly watching subs otherwise [really can be said for all anime nowadays]. However, we can expect a certain member in here to ask when and if (X) is going to / better be voicing [Y]. 

But yeah, last episode wasn't subbed for whatever reason, and I wanted to watch that last week while on break. (I would say no Pokemon because I think the Japanese school year would've started the week after or something, or was happening that week; idk, I don't live in Japan, so...)

I honestly don't care when Sun/Moon airs in the US because I can't watch it anyway because no cable TV and mostly watching subs otherwise [really can be said for all anime nowadays].

To be fair, if I could be funked to get up before 7:25, I could watch it, if not I won't be able to watch the repeat as the channel turns off for me at the time the repeat would start, so I'll also stick to subs.

However, we can expect a certain member in here to ask when and if (X) is going to / better be voicing [Y]. 

Indeed.

But yeah, last episode wasn't subbed for whatever reason, and I wanted to watch that last week while on break. (I would say no Pokemon because I think the Japanese school year would've started the week after or something, or was happening that week; idk, I don't live in Japan, so...)

I will say this though, 'tis not the first time in recent months that there has been an upload drought regarding subbed anime. (The new digimon anime has had something like this happen too, so I should be used to this).

[spoiler=Because I had other stuff to do yesterday and only had time to do it NOW]

SM020

• Ash missed out on getting a Wimpod, which then evolves into Goli. 
  • Oh look, he meets Tapu Lele at the end (but we kinda guessed).

SM021

• They never said what happened to Stoutland, but let's assume he died (whether or not offscreen [either on the way to the Pokemon center, or dragged himself somewhere to die in peace]). Both theories are on Bulbapedia forums, so take this as you will. Was really old though, so guess this counts as the first instance that death is implied in S/M (or apparently in a very good while).
    • Just says vanished on Bulbapedia (because we don't know), but let's just assume that it died due to age.
  • Ash gets Litten, so...

Also about the new title:

Finally, Team Skull appears (well, gets a proper intro episode instead of random mokes at the start of the series). Now let's see how they do Guzma's "ya boy" thing.

Yeah, we really got no choice right now (and probably better if they get a good subber to do the series, unless other people in here want quickie subs like what we got for a now-ended series]). That, or we learn Japanese on our own time so we can figure out what the hell they're saying (well, outside repeated things).

I'd go with Plumeria and a bunch of Grunts initially, then the other two will show up. Though, out of fairness, Gladion's not exactly a full member (going by the games anyway), but meh.

Going to be a while before they get into the more interesting parts of the plot (or whatever the equivalent will be in the anime). Right now, they appear to be just focusing on Ash and his classmates getting stronger or something (albeit slow on Ash's end).

Archived